The Impossibilities of Us

By beedazzle

"What are these feelings you're talking about?!" he questions still yelling. "That I fucking like you, Danie... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 2 Pt. 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 3 Pt. 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 5 Pt. 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 9 Pt. 2
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 7

1 2 0
By beedazzle

"I made reservation at the restaurant in Sheraton, we'll be having dinner there tonight," Riv announces to us in the living room.

It has been a day since auntie Linda arrived. When she arrived yesterday, we all just spent the whole day either talking or watching movies. Of course we watched romance movies as my mom and I had demanded. We are both romance geeks and we just can't help it. Lachlan, Johnny, and Daniel all protested but we voted and it was a unanimous decision to watch romance.

We watched The Notebook and it was my favorite part of the day because Lachlan and Daniel said they have never watched it and they both ended up crying. Hard. I cried too, but out of amusement and laughter. I would've been sad crying, but I just loved watching the two men who say they're 'tough' cry.

Daniel kept on saying it was 'allergies' and that just made me laugh harder. I know what to use against Daniel and Lachlan now. I also may or may not have took a video of them crying because I just wanted to remember this day and I could use it as blackmail too. The day I first saw Daniel Grey cry his heart out for a romance movie.

'Tough' my ass.

"What time?" I ask Riv.

The restaurant at Sheraton, the hotel, had really good food and it even has this station where you can get like raw chicken or steak, add your own seasonings and stuff to it, then give it to the chefs to cook it.

"7:00," Lachlan says.

I hear a mix of 'okay's and we all nodded.

"Isn't it gonna be pretty expensive though?" I ask.

It is, in fact, pretty expensive and pretty fancy as well.

"Sugar daddy," Riv smirks and points to Lachlan.

Lachlan rolls his eyes while me, Daniel, and auntie Linda laugh.

We were all in the living room either on our phones or eating snacks. The only people who were not here was Amanda, Johnny, and my mom who were on a playdate with another child.

It warmed my heart how Johnny felt bad that he was gonna leave Amanda behind to go on a playdate, so he invited Amanda to come.

It took a lot of convincing for Lachlan to let Amanda go on the playdate with a stranger they both don't know, but we still managed to let him say yes. But in order for him to say yes, he said someone else he knew should accompany them and we all agreed to let my mom go. My mom didn't want to, but we did that voting thing and all of us voted for her except for herself.

"Wait, what is this dinner for anyways, any occasion?" I question.

"It's a surprise," Riv said and smiled at Lachlan.

She's probably preggo or getting married, I joke to myself.

Wait, what if she actually is preggo or getting married. Well, I'm not gonna overthink it because I'll know later.

Daniel angrily stormed out of the living room and ran upstairs and I heard his door slam shut.

What's wrong? They just said they have a surprise, I don't see anything wrong with that.

"I'll go see what's up," I tell them then go upstairs to his room.

I knock twice on his door waiting for a response. After a couple knocks and no responses, I twist the door knob slowly and open the door slightly.

He was under the covers in his bed reading a book. He had earphones on, so that's the reason why he wasn't responding. I take a look at the book and see that he's reading The Fault in our Stars by the one and only John Green.

Oh so he does like romance after all.

I open the door wider so he can see me and he looks up at me. He has an emotionless face and emotionless eyes which kinda scares me.

I have never mentioned this before, but once he doesn't have a smile on his face, he looks scary like he can kill you. So if looks could kill, I'd be six feet under by now.

He takes off his earphones and says, "get out."

"No," I say adamantly.

"I said get out," he demands again.

"Not until you tell me what's going on and why the sudden change of mood," I say folding my arms.

With my arms still folded, I walk to the bed and sit in the empty space beside him on the big bed.

He just puts his earphones back and continues to read the book, completely ignoring my presence. The earphones were extremely loud that I could hear it too. He was playing loud ass rock music.

How the hell could he read while listening to the loudness of the music.

I pull off one earbud so he can hear what I say. I grin, "The Fault in our Stars huh. Who knew you liked romance. Hell, who knew you had the brains to read words. It's very unbelievable."

He just glares at me and puts his earbud back on.

Man, this boy always has his earphones.

I see the phone that was connected to his earphones and quickly grab it from the bed and unplug his earphones from it.

"What the fuck Arabella!" he yells. It didn't scare me though because I knew that the yell was gonna come.

"Now tell me what's going on or else you're not getting your phone back," I say putting it in my bra.

Yeah, yeah, I put it in my bra and don't judge me. This is where he can't get it because if I put it anywhere else, he could easily just take it. Even if I had put it in my pockets.

"Why the hell did you put it there?" he asks angrily.

"Because I know you won't reach for it if it's in my bra," I smirk.

He just rolls his eyes and goes back to reading. I'm surprised he didn't say anything like 'oh I've touched many bras in my life, so adding one more on the list won't be so bad'.

"Daniel," I say before I grab his face with my index finer and thumb to make him look at me. "What's wrong," I ask as I look deep into his eyes.

"I don't want to talk about it," he shakes his head out of my hold and looks back into the book.

Okay then. We won't talk about it. For now.

I take my hands off his face and gesture towards the book, "how many times have you read the book?"

"You'll use it against me," he says still emotionless.

"Hmm," I hum then snicker, "I can already use the fact that you read romance novels. But the amount of times you've read this book can be another thing to use against you."

"My point exactly," he muttered.

"3 times?" I guess.

He shakes his head.

"2?"

He shakes his head.

"This is your first time reading the book?" I ask thinking that he was going to say yes.

He shakes his head.

What? He's read this for more than 3 times?! Wow.

"4?"

He didn't shake his head this time.

My mouth opens wide open forming an 'O'.

"Daniel Grey has read a ROMANCE novel more than 4 times!!!?? Now that has gotta be some total bullshit," I gasp.

"Yeah yeah unbelievable blah blah," he says mockingly.

"I'm pretty sure you cried too just like the last time you watched a sad romance movie," I say raising my eyebrows and tease.

"I told you that was allergies!" he finally looks at me and I can see a his lips slightly curve upward, showing a tiny smile.

"So you have allergies all the time then don't you," I accuse and laugh.

"No I don't! It just so happens that I had allergies during that movie," he defends and then his face finally manifested the smile he tried his best to hide.

I'd rather see this smile than a frown or straight face.

"There's that smile," I say dreamily.

Stop it. Stop it. You're supposed to say it like... anything but that.

"Yeah the smile you dream of 24/7," he chuckled.

"I'd rather dream of a thousand spiders than to dream of your ugly ass smile," I scoffed and lied.

It's the other way around actually.

"You're the worst liar in the world," he snickers.

I gasp, "Why would you think that?"

"I have my reasons," he murmurs.

I didn't realize that we were so close until I felt his warm, minty breath on my cheek and I felt the shivers coursing through my body. We were at least less than 5 inches away from each other and his eyes were burning into mine and vice versa. I feel my cheeks awfully heat up.

As much as I hated it, I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. In fact, I felt very safe and comfy just right here in front of him.

No, no, no, stop. Now!

I immediately pull away from the closeness after a while because of the thought that he had a girlfriend. And the fact that I would be like his step auntie or something if Lachlan and Riv were to get married. And the fact that he lives in Australia. And the fact that he has a girlfriend. Oh wait, I said that already.

I'm just a bit flustered right now.

We're at least a foot or two away from each other thanks to the big bed. Thomas, my big brother if you forgot, would always say that 'the bigger the bed, the more sex positions and comfort possible' which would always make me laugh when I think about it because it's pretty stupid. But kinda true. But stupid too. Yes, both.

"Why're you laughing," Daniel's voice interrupts my thoughts.

I didn't even realize I was laughing until he said that I was. See, told you that I laugh every time I think of it.

"Oh, nothing. Just a thought," I say while my laughter dies down.

"Go on," he says for me to say more about the thought.

"My brother. He always says 'the bigger the bed, the more sex positions and comfort possible' and I just happen to think about it."

"You were thinking about sex positions while you were in bed with me," he sarcastically gasps.

I face palm then punch his shoulder. I punched his right shoulder, which isn't the shoulder I have punched a million times already, so I'm just making another mark on the other shoulder.

"Ouch," he says in pain. "You gotta stop punching my shoulder. Anyways can you say what your brother said again because it sounded awfully familiar."

You've gotta be kidding me.

"You just want me to say it again," I narrow my eyes at him.

"No, no. It actually does sound familiar," he says seriously.

Oh wait he's actually serious.

"He said 'the bigger the bed, the more sex positions and comfort possible'," I say making him think.

His eyes are staring at the edge of the bed while thinking until he looks at me and tenses up with a little frown and the smile has completely faded.

"What's wrong?" I ask because him tensing up gave a sign that something was wrong.

He shakes his head and smiles again, glancing at the ground then back at my eyes, "Nothing. I have no idea why I thought it seemed familiar."

"Bullshit."

"Nope, it's not bullshit," he says then turns his whole body to me. "I, Daniel James Grey, don't lie," he stated right after glancing at the ground for a split second again.

Funny. Very funny Daniel.

I chuckle, "You, Daniella Jamie Grey, just did."

"No I did not," he pouts and his eyes and does the 'look at the ground then back at my eyes again' thing.

"I have noticed something from you, Daniella Jamie Grey," I say as I lower my eyelids.

"Continue..."

"Your eyes leave mine for a split second and then lands back on mine again whenever you lie," I smile and he widens his eyes.

"No I don't," he exclaims.

I just laugh and stand up. "Sure, whatever you say Grey," I say in the 'I don't believe you' tone.

"Oh and here," I add when I take out his phone from my bra, which I oddly almost forgot was there, and I hand it to him.

"Ew I don't think I can touch that," he says in disgust.

I chuckle, "don't act like you haven't touched something that's been in a bra before."

"Yeah but it's your bra," he says.

Ouch. *Puts my hand over my heart in 'hurt'* The inside of my bra isn't bad at all.

"Okay I'll go give it a shower and I'll give it back to you, yeah?" I ask as I give him an obviously playful fake smile and back to straight face.

He just shakes his head brutally.

"Oh, and get ready for the dinner. It is.." I drift off to check the time on my phone and continue, "5:03 so you better get ready now because we'll be leaving in about an hour and a half. Make sure to wear something formal because it's a fucking restaurant in a fancy hotel, so yeah." I smile and leave the room and go to my room to prepare for a very good dinner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
50.9K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
674K 26K 40
"If you asked me three months ago what heartbreak was, I would tell you it's losing somebody close to you due to unspeakable circumstances. But right...
118K 4.8K 75
#3 - Shocks 27/9/19 "Don't hold back." I whisper, and he brings his face up to look into my eyes. He looks conflicted, but the lust raging inside of...