The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

By yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... More

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 12

1.7K 56 29
By yourneighbourhoodcow

(Amelia's Point of View)

Today is Monday, and guess what mother nature decided to pay me a visit. Yes people you got it right, it's my time of the month. I have been told I am not the most pleasant person to be around during this time. But you can't blame me. During this time I have horrible cramps, a bunch of mood swings and very weird cravings.

I was walking out of history class, I was not in a very good mood right now, I just wanted a cupcake and wanted to lie down cause my stomach hurts like hell and history class made it worse. Ethan was yet to figure out what was wrong with me, in the morning car ride I might have gone a bit crazy and angry like a madwoman...

I make my way towards my locker and start putting my books in when I feel two warm arms wrap around my waist. "Hey." I mumble. "Hey. So your hulk mode is off or..?" Ethan questions. I turn around so I am facing him, "Sorry. You see it's my.... Uh time of the month." I say. Ethans eyes go wide and he gulps. "I see. How are you?" He asks. "I am good, my stomach hurts and I want a cupcake." I grumbled as I put my face into his chest in annoyance. "Hush, I will get you your cupcake." He says as he rubbed my back. "Can I even get one of your hoodies?" I ask as I look up to him hopefully. What? I got to make the most of the situation okay? Plus who doesn't like an oversized hoodie? "Sure." He says as the bell rings. Ethan turns around and I jump onto his back as we make our way to our next class together.

We were at lunch, Chase and Andrew were arguing over something as me and Ethan were talking. Ethan was also rubbing my stomach which made me feel so good. "So, uh I was wondering if you would come to my game tonight..." Ethan says awkwardly. I look up at him in confusion, I always go to his games, why is he asking? "I always come to your games." I say as I take another bite out of my apple. "Yeah. I know, but I was wondering if you would wear my jersey tonight?" He asks as he rubs the back of his neck with his free hand. Aren't the footballers girlfriends supposed to wear their jerseys? Why is he asking me and not that girl he likes? I don't mind wearing his jersey, I mean I would love too, but why is he asking me? "Yeah sure. But why are you asking me?" I question. His hand goes tense against my stomach and his mouth keeps opening and closing as if debating to say something. "Because.... You like oversized things?" He says, well more like questions. I give him a 'are you kidding me?' look and sigh. He just shrugs before continuing to rub my stomach.

I was in my room, completing some school work when Ethan comes in and throws something on my head. "There is my extra jersey and the hoodie I promised you." He said. Aw, he remembered about the hoodie. I remove the jersey off my head and put it in front of me to examine it. It has the number 26 on it and the name 'Turner' in big bold white letters, the jersey is blue and has the school logo in front. I guess the number 26 because of his birthday. I then look at the hoodie he gave me, it's a forest green hoodie with some words written in front of it in white letters. "Oh and I also got you cupcakes. They are downstairs." He says with a smile. This guy has no idea what he is doing to me. If he keeps doing this for me I might as well end up falling for him, if I haven't already. "Thank you." I smile back at him. "The game is in a few hours. Get ready, I will drop you." He says and then he leaves the room. Hmm, a few hours? I can probably get ready later, right now I want those cupcakes!

I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen. On one of the counters I see a pink box. Oh god yes, my cupcakes! I jog over to the box hungirly and open it. There sits two cupcakes, one red velvet while the other is chocolate. I am not such a huge fan of red velvet cupcakes so I will probably save that for later. Chocolate cupcake, come to mama! I pick up the chocolate cupcake and take a bite into it. I am pretty sure I have chocolate on my mouth but I couldn't care less. "Easy there, you look like a monster." I hear Ethan chuckle from behind me. "Does it look like I care?" I ask, turning around to face him. "No. You don't. By the way you have chocolate on your mouth." He says, pointing towards the spot above my lips. "Eh, it's fine." I shrug and take another bite out of my cupcake. Ethan chuckles, again and makes his way towards me, his fingers come up to my face and he wipes the spot that probably has chocolate with his thumb. The next thing he does shocks me, he licks his thumb. "There you go. All gone." He smiles. What is breathing again? How do I talk? I know I look like an idiot who is as red as a tomato. Before I can say anything Ethan walks out of the kitchen. I swear this guy will be the death of me!

I was in my room, getting ready for the game. I had put on Ethan's jersey with a pair of shorts. The shorts were barely seen as the shirt was super long on me. My hair was open and curled in the back. I had my regular makeup on and a pair of white sandals on. "You ready?" Ethan asks as he comes in. "Yeah." I say and turn around to face him. Ethan's eyes widen when he sees me and he gulps, making his adam apple pop out. Do I look bad or...? "Is everything okay?" I ask him. "Yeah... um are you wearing pants?" He asks awkwardly. "Yeah." I answer, lifting my shirt up a bit to reveal the shorts. "Right. Are you sure you wanna wear that? I mean you look good but..." He trails off. "But...?" I ask him. "Guys might be all over you." He mumbles. The moment he says that I burst out laughing. Yeah right, guys all over me? Sure, as if that is possible. "Why are you laughing?" He asks. "Wait, you were serious? I thought you were kidding." I say as I stop laughing. "Come on Amelia, of course guys are gonna be over you! Why do you underestimate yourself so much? Amelia you're beautiful, very beautiful for a matter of fact!" He says in frustration. Did he just call me beautiful? My heart is literally pounding and I feel butterflies flutter in my stomach. "It's fine Ethan." I assure him as I pick up my phone. "Fine." He mumbles.

The game was not at our school, it was at the other team's school which was 20 minutes away from home. "I can't leave you alone, not in that dress. God, I will ask Andrew to ask Madison or someone to sit with you." He says as he parks in one of the spots. "Oh hell no! Madison is in Valentina's group. Plus why would Andrew ask Madison. They are broken up. It's been long since they broke up." I say. "Well, they are still friends. Good ones in fact. Plus Madison is not that bad, she is nothing like Valentina. I am sure you guys would be great friends." He says as he turns off the ignition. Wait, does he like Madison? I mean it only makes sense if he does. She is pretty, she is amazing and perfect. Her smile is gorgeous and she is really nice. Oh my god, Ethan likes Madison. I feel a pang of jealousy in my stomach, I wish Ethan liked me, but you never always get what you want now do you. "You like Madison don't you?" I ask as I put on a sly smirk covering up my real feelings. "What?!" He says as he looks at me as if I just asked him if he is human or not. "I mean she is just like how you described the girl you like!" I say. "Maybe." He shrugs and goes out of the car. So I was right. He does like Madison. Why does it feel like my heart just broke into pieces? I sigh and open the door and walk out. Ethan probably just wanted me to wear his jersey to make her jealous, now he wants her to sit next to me so that she sees it. They would be a cute couple though. I mean both of them are good looking, are popular and might be quite similar. They could be the power couple of school.

Ethan and I make our way into the school. I notice some guys looking at me and I feel awkward and uncomfortable. No one has ever looked at me this way. "Told you didn't I?" Ethan whispers into my ear as he puts his hand around my waist, probably to tell them to back off or something. We make our way to the field and Ethan looks around for Andrew, when he spots him he screams his name and motions for him to come towards us. "Can you ask Madison to sit with Amelia? I don't really trust the guys around here." Ethan says to Andrew and I roll my eyes. "Yeah sure." Andrew says as he takes his phone out, probably to text Madison. "She is coming." He says after a few minutes. Ethan gives him a nod as he looks around. Soon I see Madison walking towards us. "Hi! I am Madison." She says as she brings her hand out for me to shake. "Hi!" I say back with a fake smile. "Okay. Now that this is set I need to go to coach he is calling me. See you later Amelia." Ethan says and plants a quick kiss on my cheeks before running off. Andrew runs behind him. "So... You wanna get a seat?" She asks me. "Sure." I shrug. I can't hate her, I mean she did nothing, maybe we can be friends?

We both find pretty good seats in the front and sit. "So, Amelia... Are you and Ethan dating?" She asks me. "Nope. We are just best friends." I tell her. "Oh. But you're wearing his jersey and he kissed you on the cheek." She says. I guess she is getting jealous, maybe Ethans plan is working. "Yeah..?" I say. "You guys would be a cute couple though. I mean anyone can tell you guys like each other." She says. Yeah right, Ethan liking me? Never.Gonna.Happen. "Nah, he doesn't like me." I tell her. "Okay. But do you like him?" She asks me. "Yeah, I do but he likes some other girl." I say as I look towards her. Wait, why am I telling her this? I mean we are not even friends! "Are you sure?" She asks me. "100%" I say as I go back to looking at the field. When will this game start? "I have been meaning to ask you for quite a while now.. Would like to be friends?" She asks out of nowhere. Wait what? She wants to be friends with me? "What about Valentina and Nicole?" I ask her. I mean those people hate me. "Yeah... We are not really friends anymore." She says. "Why?" I ask. "We got into a small argument about something and I left the trio. It was the wrong crowd for me and I realised it now. I always wanted to be your friend though, but both the girls held me back. I didn't like the way they controlled me so I left the trio..." She trails off. "Sure. I would love to be friends." I smiled. She smiles back at me and then we both look at the field cause the game was about to start.

The game was over, our team won, 47-26. Me and Madison were cheering during the entire game and our throats were sour. "This has been one of the most fun games I have been too." She said in a croaky voice. "Me too!" I said in the same kind of voice. "We should maybe hang out more and exchange numbers?" She asked. "Sure." I smiled. We both exchanged numbers and went our own ways. I was going to the boys locker room to wait for Ethan while Madison had to go home.

I make my way into the school. Okay where would the locker rooms be? I walk around until I realise I was officially lost. I was just about to call Ethan when I hear a voice, "What is a girl like you doing here all alone?" I look up to see who it is and recognize the person immediately. He was the captain of the other team. "Nothing. Can you tell me where the locker rooms are?" I ask politely. "Your Ethan's girl huh?" The guy asks. "Uh no?" I say, well more like question. "So I am sure Ethan wouldn't mind if I have some fun eh?" He says as he walks closer to me. I take steps back as he takes steps forward. This happens until my back hits a locker. "Where will you go now?" He smirks as he puts his hands on either side of my head, trapping me. "Uh. I really need to get going. So if you can be polite and just tell me where the locker rooms are it would be good." I say. "I will. Right after I am done with you." He says as he leans his head forward. That's it, this guy is getting on my nerves. I lift my leg up and kick him in the balls with my knee. He hisses in pain as he falls to the ground. "Now tell me where the locker rooms are before you get another." I say in a threatening voice. "Down the hallway to the left." He says as he grits his teeth. "Thank you." I say with an innocent smile.

I go to the directions the guy told me until I find the locker room. I see Ethan outside looking around for someone, the moment he sees me he breaks into a smile. I make my way towards him and give him a hug. He wraps his arms around me and lifts me up, spinning me around. "Congrats!" I laugh. "Thank you! Now what took you so long?" He asks me. "I got lost. The other team's captain got on my nerves and I kicked him." I say non-chantilly as Ethan put me down. "What did he do?" He asks me with confusion. "The guy said some things about having fun. Trapped me in between lockers and just as he was about to kiss me or god knows what I kicked him." I say with a proud smile. I see Ethan's jaw clench and I look at him confused. "I told you this would happen." He says after a while. "It's fine! Plus I handled it!" I say. "Yeah. You did." He says as he pulls me into him and wraps his arms around me tightly as if I would disappear, if he lets go. "You wanna come to the after party?" He asks me. "Nah. Parties are not my thing. You can go." I shrug as I pull away. "Why? Come on. Come for me? Please?" He asks with puppy dog eyes. "Fine." I give in. "Yes! Thank you." He says as he hugs me again.

The after party was at Chase's house. We were on our way there right now. "So did you and Madison get along?" Ethan asks me. "Yeah. We exchanged numbers and will hangout maybe." I shrug. "Okay." He says. I then ask him one question that I have been wanting to ask for a long time. "Why do people call you a 'bad boy' I mean you are not one. As far as I know you, you are a big softie." I say with a giggle at the end. "Am not!" He objects. "You are. Now answer my question." I say. "Well I don't know. People made up rumors, my image was created like that over time. People didn't take time to know me, they just made up things about me and gave me the title." He shrugs as he parks in Chase's driveway. "Wow." I say as I take in the information. That must suck, people just assuming stuff about you that isn't true.

We both walked out the car and into Chase's house. Most people were dancing while a few were wasted, other people were making out in random parts of the house and the entire house smelled like alcohol and sweat. God, how I hate parties. "Don't leave my hand." Ethan shouts so that I can hear him over the music and takes my hand. I hold onto his hand tightly as he pulls me into the house. People were parting their ways for us to walk in.

Ethan takes me into the kitchen and opens the fridge with his free hand. "Do you want anything to drink?" He asks me. "Nope. I am good." I tell him. I never drank in my entire life and I don't intend to. Plus today is a school night and I don't want to be hungover tomorrow morning. He takes out a beer for himself and closes the door. "You know you shouldn't drink today. We have school tomorrow. Don't want to have a hangover in the morning now do you?" I ask. "I know. I won't drink that much. Probably just one beer or something." He shrugs as he takes a sip out of his can. I give him a simple nod as I look around. I don't really get what people do at parties. I find them super boring. "I will probably be in the back. If you need me or something just look for me or call me." I tell him.

I was about to walk away when Ethan grabs my hand again and pulls me back. "You are not going anywhere. Let's have some fun." He says as he puts his beer down and pulls me to the dance floor.

Ethan pulls me in between people until we are in the middle of the dance floor. He places his hands on my waist and starts to move his body with the music. "I don't dance Ethan!" I hiss. "Neither do I. But life is all about new experiences right? Come on it's not so hard, just move." He says. "Ethan can't you just go and talk to some guys and let me sit in the back?" I groan. "No. You are doing this or I don't mind standing on this dance floor all night. Come on, you can do it. I know you can." He says. I sigh and start moving my body with the music. Somehow I felt free and good? I don't know. I knew we were getting looks from the people around us but I didn't care. "See you are doing it." Ethan smiles. "I am!" I laugh.

After an whole hour of dancing me and Ethan were exhausted. We were sitting on a couch and talking about random stuff. "Did anyone ask you to the Halloween Dance yet?" Ethan asks out of nowhere. "Nope. I don't think anyone will. Do you want help in asking Madison out?" I ask him. "Uh, no. I think I have a plan. I will ask if I need any help though. How would you like a person to ask you out?" He questions. "I don't know, probably just ask." I shrug. "That's it? Just ask?" He asks me. "Yeah pretty much." I say. "Amelia, would-" just as he was about to continue Andrew walks up to us and cuts him off. "Hello." He slurs as he sits in between me and Ethan. The guy seemed drunk. "Hi! Someone drank a lot." I laugh. I look at Ethan who is glaring at Andrew, what's up with this guy all of sudden? What did Andrew even do? I ignore his glare and look back at Andrew. "I just lost count of how many drinks I had." He shrugs. "Mhm." I nod, raising my eyebrows.

It was late and everyone was pretty much leaving. I was on the couch with Ethan and Andrew. We couldn't find Chase anywhere, Andrew guessed that he was wasted too. "Me and Lia should probably go home now." Ethan says. I nod in agreement and start getting up. "Well bye suckers!" Andrew yells once we are at the door. I shake my head and laugh. Ethan and I walk up to the car, "You had fun?" Ethan asks me as we reach the car. "Yeah I did, but now I am tired as hell." I mumble. "Come on. Let's get you home then." He chuckles and opens his door while I open mine. I sit in the car and buckle up in my seat. "I am going to sleep." I mumble before closing my eyes and falling into darkness.

(Ethan's Point of View)

I park in my driveway and then look towards a peacefully asleep Amelia. Should I wake her up? Oh hell no! I can't just leave her in the car though. I sigh as I walk out the car and towards her door. I open the door and lift her up. The moment I do she snuggles into me. I grin like an idiot about the fact she knows it's me even though she is asleep. I lock the car and walk to the front door. I somehow manage to open the front door with my spare keys and make my way upstairs. I go into Amelia's room and put her on her bed. I bent forward and place a kiss on her forehead. Just as I am about to leave I feel her tug onto my hand. "Don't go. Stay here." She mumbles with closed eyes. She doesn't have to tell me twice. I make my way into her bed and pull the covers over us. I feel Amelia cuddling close to me so I pick her up and place her on top of me like usual. I wrap my arms around her before closing my eyes and falling asleep.

~~~

"What is wrong with you? You have been glaring at me since this morning? God Chase what did I do this time?" Andrew groaned. "I have no clue." Chase mumbles. I bang my locker door shut and make my way to Amelia's locker to get away from these two idiots. Yes, I am still mad at Andrew for last night. I was so close to asking Amelia out and then he comes in and ruins it all. "Seriously can you at least tell me what I did?" Andrew yells running to catch up with me. I sigh before I turn around to face him, "I was about to ask Amelia to the dance when you interrupted us with your drunk ass." I tell him as calmly as possible. Both Chase and Andrew's eyes go wide and they stare at me in shock. "Yeah whatever." I mumble before turning back around and walking to Amelia's locker.

When I see the scene in front of me, I come to a sudden stop making Chase and Andrew bump into me. "What the hell man!" Chase groans. But I don't say anything. Right in front of Amelia's locker is a guy talking to her in a rather nervous way with a lovey-dovey look in his eyes. Amelia is looking at him with a smile on her face and says something which makes the guy smile and give her a small nod before walking off. "Shit." I hear Andrew mumble. "Who was that guy?" I ask through gritted teeth. "Uh that was Chuck Matthew. He is in my Spanish class." Chase mumbles. I give a small nod before making my way to Amelia who now has her back turned towards us and is putting her books in. I wrap my arms around her from behind like I usually do. "Hey." She giggles. "Hi. So what was that guy doing here?" I ask her. "Oh that was Chuck. He asked me to the Halloween Dance." She says as she turns around. What?! Please tell me she said no. "What did you say?" I ask through gritted teeth. "I said yes. I mean I was going alone anyway so I thought why not?" She says with a smile on her face. My entire body tenses up. She did what? I see Andrew and Chase's eyes widen from besides me. "Is anything wrong?" She asks with a worried look in her eyes. "No. Nothing, we kinda have some work to do. I will see you later." I say as I kiss her forehead and turn to leave.

"Woah slow down dude!" Chase says from behind me as I walk my way through the hallways. My anger clear on my face. How dare Chuck asks Amelia out? I thought I had made it quite clear that I liked her. "Where is that Chuck guy?" I ask through gritted teeth. "Probably in class just as we are supposed to be." Andrew says. "Oh so you expect me to sit in class and pretend as if some guy didn't just ask Amelia out? This is all your fault!" I yell. "Sorry! I didn't mean to interrupt your proposal or whatever shit you were doing!" Andrew yells. "She doesn't even like me! She just sees me as a friend. And you know what's the worst part? I think I might be in love with her!" I say as I punch a random locker in frustration. "What?" Chase and Andrew ask together. Wait, am I falling in love with her? Oh who am I kidding! Of course I am falling in love with her! "Yes. I might be in love with Amelia! God why is it so hard to get that one girl I like or maybe even love so much!" I groan as I punch the random locker again. "Dude you need to calm down. Your knuckles are bleeding. And you don't know if she likes you or not. You're just assuming!" Chase says as he and Andrew try to pull me back. "She probably doesn't. I mean why would she go out with that Chuck guy?" I say as I calm down a bit. "Uh we don't know about that. But you gotta calm down. You practically broke a random kids locker." Andrew says. "Your right. I need to calm down." I say as I pull myself out of their hold. "Great. Now you need to man up and tell Amelia you love her so that she can cancel her date with Chuck." Chase says. "What the hell! No. I am not sure I love her. I said I might love her. Plus I don't know if she feels the same way!" I exclaim and run my hand through my hair in frustration. "Shut up, you made it quite clear you love her and don't just assume things." Andrew says. "Fine okay I love her! Are you happy now? And I am not assuming I know for a matter of fact." I say and walk away.

I make my way to the back of school and sit behind a tree. I put my head in my hands as I processed what I had just said. I love her. How did like change to love so fast? Cause I know for a matter of fact I am in love with her. I was in love with Amelia Waston. That was for sure. Now I just need to grow the balls to tell her even though it might risk her rejecting me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 717 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
1.9K 104 51
{COMPLETED} Amelia was adopted at age 15 by a family in the same town she grew up in, just on the other side. She's trying to move on and forget her...
504K 12K 38
No. 1 in car! Amelia Banks isn't your typical girl, knowing all there's is to know about cars, racing and mechanics can make someone an outcast. Des...
234K 10K 30
Amelia Jame is 17 years old and has never really spoken to any boy except her best friend Tyler. She is a straight 'A' student and has never gotten i...