Hybrid's Hollow

By ImmortalKissvv

Supernatural creatures are real. They are a part of the world now, instead of hiding in the shadows. They wan... More

1 - The New World
2 - The Vampire
3 - An Odd Breakfast
4 - Moving On
5 - Arrival
6 - New Home
7 - Discovery
8 - A New Job, A New Friend?
9 - Unsettled
10 - Problems Already?
11 - Assessing the Damage
12 - Hallway Showdown
13 - Game Plan
14 - A Small Amount of Normal
15 - Taking Notice
16 - Party, Party
17 - Feelings and Throw Pillows
18 - Uncertainty
19 - Sweet Moments and Murder
20 - Carved Wolf
21 - Punching Walls and Shredded Shirts
22 - Kaius Revealed
23 - Werewolf Kisses
24 - Vampire Kisses
25 - Mate
26 - Some Quality Time
27 - The Need for Distraction
28 - Filling Her In
29 - Trouble at the Packlands
30 - Fear of Losing You
31 - Blood, Water and Audacity
32 - Spit the Truth
33 - Witchy Vials and Bleeding Palms
34 - Preparing to Leave
35 - Arriving at Avern
36 - Now or Never
37a - Intimacy [MATURE 18+]
37b - Creature of the Night
38 - Pureblooded
39 - Final Moments in Avern
40 - Midnight Moon
41 - Meeting the Pack
42 - Unexpected Visitor
43a - Desire [MATURE 18+]
43b - Freya
44 - Luna's Challenge
45 - Fights and Silver Eyes
46 - Departure from Midnight Moon
47 - Home
48 - Hybrid
49 - Declan
50 - Officially Theirs
51 - Sweet Surprise
52a - Hunger [MATURE 18+]
52b - To the Hybrid Village
53 - Strike and Dodge
54 - Strikes, Snarls and Growls
55 - Turning Sage
56 - Intentions Revealed
58 - Imprisoned
59 - Judgement
60 - Reunited
61 - Welcome Home
62 - Asher's Fate
63 - Preparations
64a - Seduction [MATURE 18+]
64b - Swords, Daggers, Clubs
65 - War
66 - The Final Push
67 - Aftermath
68 - Wedding Bells
69 - Future
70 - Happiness

57 - Treason

1.3K 86 3
By ImmortalKissvv

When you feel all alone
Remember we are one and more
Together we will be alright
And it feels like home
When you're left on your own
Feel the heartbeats of us all
You are one, we are one. - We Are One - VENUES

Davyna's POV

"You can't go home just yet. There is still the rituals for Caleb, Vincent and Marcella."

I sigh. "Then we need to do those ASAP and then get on our way. There's no way to know when he plans to attack."

"I'll go talk with the elders and see if we can't do it first thing tomorrow morning. That way the travel back won't be too bad and you'll still have daylight." Declan states as he stands and heads out, leaving all of us to ponder what we just concluded.

The silence is suffocating as I look to Caleb and Vincent who are just as speechless. I hear Marcella put the scissors down behind me and she says quietly. "I'm done." I turn back catching her gaze and I smile lightly. "Thank you. I appreciate it."

"Of course. Anytime." She says as she turns to tidy up.

I stand and stretch, some of my joints cracking from sitting for so long. I run my hands through my now shorter curls, actually taking a liking to them. They sit just past my shoulders in tighter ringlets. Definitely more manageable now. I sigh as I feel Caleb come up behind me and massage my shoulders.

"Thank you." I say and suddenly there is a knock on the door. I shoot a puzzled look as Vincent stands and shrugs. He makes his way over and opens it and in the doorway are a man and a woman who I don't recognize.

"Can we help you?" Vincent asks, and they nod.

"We would like to speak with Davyna, if we could. We're her parents."

I can't stop my jaw from dropping open as I take them in at the door.

My birth parents are here. To see me.

- - -

I can hear my heart thumping loudly as I watch my birth parents enter into the room, after Vincent lets them in.

"Do you need us here Davyna or are you okay?" Caleb asks and I shake my head. "I'll be okay. I'll come find you both later." Not a moment later, the door shuts behind my mates and I stand there, suddenly speechless as I take them both in.

My mother is around the same height as me, with those same cloudy grey eyes that match mine. Her face is rounder and smaller, with long lashes and thinner lips. Her hair is a white blond and falls past her shoulders in waves. My father is taller, muscular with jet back short curls. His eyes are a striking green, like emeralds. He has a short beard with a more square face and jaw. I can see how both Declan and I have taken physical attributes of them both. There's no doubt they are my true parents.

"I am Diana, your father's name is Kieran. We are so happy to finally see you again, Davyna." Diana says to me with tears brimming in her eyes.

Kieran clears his throat. "We wished that this was under different circumstances, but we wanted to say that we have missed you terribly, and that we are sorry for what you've had to endure. We are partly to blame for that, and we are truly sorry daughter." I'm surprised at how calm their voices are. I mean I never even thought as to what they would have looked like, nor sounded like even. But I didn't know I was even adopted until a little bit ago.

"It wasn't your fault, at all. Please don't blame yourselves." I state, my voice shaking slightly.

"We saw some of your training with Diaz. We are so proud of you. You are so strong." Diana says with adoration and I find myself smiling at her. "I appreciate that, thank you."

A small silent period surrounds the room and I sigh. "I'm sorry that I wasn't born normal..." I trail off and Diana approaches me and places her hands on either of my arms. "Do not ever be ashamed of how you are. You are a force to be reckoned with. A beautiful, smart, skilled warrior. You have fought through all your hardships and emerged for the better."

I choke up at her words and I pull her into me and hug her. I feel a second pair of arms encompass us both and I know it is my father comforting us. His girls.

He squeezes us tighter and then releases us and takes my shaking hands. "We may not have raised you, but we are proud of the woman you are. We are eternally thankful to Klaire and Matthias for watching over you and giving you a life you could live."

"I know it must have been hard giving me up." Tears fall freely as I can no longer hold them back.

"It was, but Declan let us know how you were doing every step of the way and it was comforting." Diana wipes the tears from my face. "We know that you have your life now with your mates, and we don't expect you to stay here. But please, call us and come visit when you can, okay?"

I nod. "Of course. I will."

"We love you, darling girl."

"I know."

- - -

(The Next Day)

Davyna's POV

I cringe as I see the needle go into my arm and Elder Morrowen draw out three vials of my blood - one each for Vincent, Caleb and Marcella. The protector rituals are happening in a matter of minutes and to say I am nervous is a major understatement. We're in the Elder's Temple, and I haven't seen anyone since they left earlier this morning. I was told there were preparations to be made for the rituals and there was nothing I could do but let them leave.

"All finished, Davyna. Hold that cotton ball there until you heal." Morrowen states and I place my fingers on the cotton ball that has now replaced the needle in my arm.

"So.. how high is the risk of something bad happening today?" I ask and Morrowen turns and smiles at me. "These are your closest companions, Davyna. Even though there is risk, I do not believe we will run into any problems today."

I sigh. That did not answer my question.

"Please come this way." Morrowen gestures for me to follow him. I rise from my chair and follow through a large set of doors and down a ornate hallway that leads into the main chapel of the temple. There is a small stage and I see Vincent, Marcella and Caleb all sitting in plush white chairs on it. They are all dressed in some sort of ceremonial robes and smile at me as I walk past them and sit in a chair placed in front of them.

I sit down and meet their eyes and I can only hope that everything does go well.

- - -

Marcella's POV

I look at Davyna in her usual clothes and I feel oddly dressed. I know it is a ritual, but these gowns are scratchy and annoying. I cannot wait to get this god awful thing off. Plus it is not fashionable at all.

I do feel nervous at what I am about to undertake, but this is what I chose. This is what I want. Davyna is family and if I can even just help a tiny bit, then that's what I will do. I look to my left and see Morrowen come up and place a syringe and a vial of blood - clearly Davyna's - on the small trays beside each myself, Vincent and Caleb. I shift in my seat. Being a vampire, you think I wouldn't be scared of a needle, but I really do hate them.

I'm brought to attention when Morrowen places himself in the middle of the little stage the three of us are on, and he faces Davyna.

"You are still okay with this?" He asks her and after a short pause she nods. Her face is showing her nervousness, and I know that it's only out of love. She cares for us, and I know if anything happened she wouldn't forgive herself.

Morrowen nods to his right and I see Declan, Diaz and one other that I don't recognize approach the stage and one by one they stand beside all of us. Diaz stands with Caleb, Declan with me, and the other with Vincent. I look to my right and see them grab the syringes and puncture the vials of blood and draw it all out into the syringes. I smell Davyna's blood and I can understand why the boys are so drawn to her. Her scent is so overwhelming and filled with raw power. It's enticing, and I'm finding it hard to keep my monster at bay. Before when she injured her hand and when I've come in contact with it before, it never once affected me. Now, however; it's pulling to me.

Morrowen's voice booms across the entire temple.

"Today, we are to endow the mates of Davyna - Vincent and Caleb - as well as her close companion Marcella with the titles and power of protectors. Using Davyna's blood, we will create strengthened bonds between them, allowing them increased power and strength to assist Davyna in any future conflicts."

Morrowen turns to Caleb, with Diaz ready with the syringe behind him. "Caleb, do you accept the power and responsibility of being Davyna's protector?"

"Yes." With no hesitation, Diaz plunges the syringe into Caleb's neck and I hear a low growl come from his chest. It doesn't seem that anything changes for a few moments, but then suddenly Caleb jerks in his chair and a loud rumbling roar shakes the entire stage. Caleb doesn't seem to be in any immense pain, but he does fall to the floor showing some discomfort as his body shakes and he breathes through the surge of power clearly happening within him. I gasp as he snarls and suddenly shifts and Kaius is now in his full form beside me in a matter of seconds. I feel the power radiating off of him as he goes and sits beside Davyna below. Her eyes are wide, and she reaches out to pet his fur.

Holy shit.

I look to my left as Morrowen approaches Vincent and asks the same question.

"Yes."

The same happens with Vincent and I cringe inside as I hear him hiss when the needle is inserted. I watch as his breathing increases and his eyes flash red, but it's like they are more intense in colour, swirling with a darker red within the glowing red. Vincent doesn't shift much in his chair but I see his knuckles whiten as he grips the arms of the chair as it surges through him. Its over as fast as it started, and I watch him go stand on the other side of Davyna and cup her face lightly.

Morrowen then faces me and asks me. It's my time now.

- - -

Davyna's POV

I watch as Marcella answers yes and Declan injects her the same as Caleb and Vincent. She closes her eyes and I pray to myself that she will be okay. I see her body shake slightly, and then a loud screech-like hiss comes from her and her eyes snap open to me and blaze into mine. She breaks the arms of the chair she was holding onto and I gasp. This isn't normal. I sense her tense and I immediately react as she leaps down.

We catch each other in a stance, her hand grasped around my neck and mine around hers. She doesn't seem to attack me, but this feels familiar to how Sage reacted after her first shift. Then it hits me.

I need to assert my dominance over her. Just as I am Sage's Alpha, I am Marcella's superior and sire for this new power within her. The reason I didn't have to do the same with Vincent and Caleb is because they are my mates, as there is equality between us because of our bonds. There isn't a mate bond with Sage or Marcella, so they won't comply with me until they submit.

I coil my muscles in my other arm and shove her back, releasing my hold and bringing my arm down to break hers on me, grabbing her wrist as I move behind her, wrenching it behind her back. She can't reach me with her other arm as I've locked her in a hold that prevents her from retaliating. She doesn't fight much, but I let my vampire side come forward and I strike fast and hard into her neck. She hisses loudly and I mind-link her.

D - Submit. I've given you this power. You will listen to me and accept your role.

M - I submit, my lady.

I hear her reply and withdraw my fangs and she turns to me as I release her. Her eyes fade and her mouth drops open. "Holy shit. What was that?"

"I had to do the same thing that I did with Sage when she shifted."

"I know, and I'm thankful. It was like something else just took over. I feel fine now though, and I feel a bond with you now. Not a mate bond, but it's there." I hug her tightly.

"I was worried you were going to lose it, I just jumped into action."

"It was needed." She replies and I look between her, Caleb and Vincent.

"We need to get home. Let's get ready and go."

- - -

After saying goodbye to everyone and packing up, we're finally on our way back to the Hollow. It's been a long and grueling couple of weeks, but it was necessary. Especially now that I have learned the identity of Klaire's killer and his possible plans for me. The council needs to be warned and things need to be prepared in case of an attack. It's my home now. I won't let it - or my new life - be ruined by this sadistic vampire again.

I managed to rest along with the others as Declan drove us back and I yawn as I see the familiar surroundings, meaning we're close to home. I stretch out as much as I can and catch Vincent's gaze.

"I keep meaning to ask, how are you guys feeling after earlier today?" I ask and Marcella and Caleb join to look at me.

Vincent replies first. "I feel great, love. It's hard to explain really, but rest assured I believe we are all fine."

Marcella and Caleb both nod. "Yeah, we feel perfectly fine." I nod back. "Okay if you say so."

Declan interrupts our conversation. "We're back." I feel the car pulls to a stop in the familiar front of the Hollow and I sigh as I get out of the car and stretch again, my joints popping in relief to be able to move again.

I don't get much time to admire being home, as I am roughly grabbed on each arm by two of the front guards. I hear Vincent hiss and Caleb growl lowly in warning. I look to them and see that they are being restrained as well as Marcella and Sage.

"What the hell is this?" I exclaim as I tug to try and get out of their hold. "Why are you doing this? Answer me!"

I inhale sharply as they pull back on me roughly to limit my movement.

"You're under arrest for treason, Davyna Blackmoon."

Treason? What the fuck?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

432K 18.1K 78
Finding out the truth. Sure it may seem nosy, And sure, it may take MONTHS to-do so, But, In the end.. it will all be worth it. All the brain games...
499K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
89.3K 573 8
Aliya Matsuoka meets "him" in her dreams - a regal yet unexpectedly shy man. But strangest of all, he always meets her in the forest, where their ins...
781K 2.1K 32
April Rymer needs a change in pace, a change in scenery. Having grown up her entire life as an outcast within her own pack, she's desperate for an ad...