Apartment 306

بواسطة oliviamj_

|Completed | A crossover w/ @_ntsha (go to her profile for her version!) Four strangers from diverse walks of... المزيد

Apartment 306
1. "Go to hell"
2. "Saving myself for marriage"
3. "No new friends.."
4. "Let vacation begin"
5. "Love is an open door"
6. "You should smile more"
7. "Sour puss"
8. "Our lives are in danger"
10. "Golden girls"
11. "Blue balls"
12. "My fresh start"
13. "What the fuck"
14. "I want to show you something"
15. "I don't like liars"
16. "I fell off my bike"
17. "Beep beep bitch"
18. "Fantasy Island"
19. "Death machine"
20. "The poet & photographer"
21. "GF"
22. "Because I got high"
23. "Does weed make you horny"
24. "Immortal"
25. "Women are fucking crazy"
26. "Two kids on an adventure"
27. "Third times a charm"
28. "Urgent meeting"
29. "A whole new world"
30. "Ride along"
31. "Lying is a sin"
32. "I've had enough"
33. "Johnny Castle"
34. "Giving in"
35. "The old Cassie"
36. "Mr. Right Now"
37. "Hit gone wrong"
38. "Silence is key"
39. "Distraction"
40. "Consent"
41. "RIP plans"
42. "Let shit go and move the fuck on"
43. "Gibby"
44. "Caregiver"
45. "Four fools in the woods"
46. "The now"
47. "Unexplainable new feelings"
48. "What's the price?"
49. "Boyfriends"
50. "A night in the hills"
51. "Treatment"
52. "The litte things"
53. "Never too late"
54. "I hope you want me"
55. "You're not going anywhere"
56. "The truth hurts"
57. "Only you"
58. P.O.V
59. "Breaking point"
60. "Trouble in paradise"
61. "The 's' word"
62. "I feel like a woman"
63. "I'm still breathing"
64. "It's always Cassie"
65. "I'm all in"
66. "You're mine"
67. "Blanks"
68. "The unexpected"
69. "How it began"
70. "Live for the thrill"
71. "Just say the words"
72. "Glowing"
73. "Under the weather"
74. "Downhill"
75. "Shit hit the fan"
76. "153"
77. "Netflix & chill"
78. "Mothers know best"
79. "The messenger"
80. "Insomnia"
81. "Holiday spirit"
82. "Promises"
83. "I met the devil"
84. "Men in black"
85. "Dead end"
86. "Got damn mood swings"
87. "End of story"
Epilogue

9. "Can you swim?"

574 41 22
بواسطة oliviamj_

I was having a good time with Cassie before I got the 'it's time' call. This was the first time that we had an actual conversation, and I had to fucking leave. I could tell that she started warming up to me and had a lot on her plate, but I didn't want to ask. I don't like it when people pity me, so I understand. But damn, that girl was something else. I wouldn't mind keeping her company for the duration of the trip.

I walked into the room, Noah and I shared as he stepped out of the bathroom. Brooklyn was passed out on the bed, probably drunk, like Cassie.

"Yo," Noah groaned, trying to clear his throat.

"We gotta go," I rushed. "Now."

Once Noah got himself situated, I grabbed my mask and followed him out the door. I can't do this anymore. It's too risky and not the life I had planned for myself. But we had no choice but to make sure the job was done; that's why we're here. Our boss told us that someone was stealing money from him and planned to use the cruise as a getaway and stay out of the states. Once he tracked the guy down, Noah and I had to keep an eye on things, ensuring there would be no issues with the orders. And by orders, I mean making sure the guy is dead.

It all started three years ago when I met Courtney, aka Zane, my boss's assistant/secretary. Of course, I didn't know that at the time because I didn't work for him. During spring break, I hit it off with Courtney, and she introduced Noah to one of her friends. We continued our fling even after spring break when I found out that she also lived in LA. Long story short, she introduced me to Zane, and before I found out he was crooked as fuck, we hit it off. Noah and I liked to party, and Zane introduced us to another side of life. We were partying with him every day, feeling on top of the world because we had this powerful, rich dude on our side, paying for everything—even our apartments. But it backfired. When we found out about his sick operation, we wanted out, but Zane wouldn't let us off easily. He demanded all of the money he spent on us, and we didn't have it. So, he made us continue working for him until he said so, or it's a death sentence, and I've seen what he's capable of. Now, I don't know how the fuck to get out of this. 

Noah and I were supposed to keep watch, making sure no one came to the rear of the ship. It's early as hell, and I doubt anyone would be up but the elders that get up at the ass crack of dawn. That could never be me.

I stood on the opposite side of Noah and adjusted the black mask covering my face. I'm usually careful about disguising myself, so I wouldn't get anymore caught up than I already was.

Ronnie and Vince, the hitmen, carried Juan near the rails as I stood post. I only met them once and had to stay away from them during the trip if anything went wrong tonight. Besides, they're not the kind of guys I'd be voluntarily hanging with anyway.

The two men doused Juan with water, waking him up, but it took him a while to catch on to his surroundings. It took him some time before he started spitting out water, gasping.

I held my hands behind my back, keeping silent as I listened for any wanderers.

"No, no, no!" Juan begged, trying his hardest to fight Vince and Ronnie off, but he didn't get anywhere. Every time he would attempt to scream, they'd jab him in the stomach until he became winded. Shortly after, they tied his hands and feet together, making it impossible for him to squirm.

I tried to avoid watching and thinking about how much I wanted that drink. Cassie's probably pissed that I'm way over twenty minutes, but she probably fell asleep. She was pretty fucked up and finally seemed to be enjoying the trip. And she's not bad to talk to despite her bland facial expressions.

I jerked my head back, thinking that I heard something behind me, but it was too dark to tell. I was probably paranoid.

Noah stood tall with his hands in place, wanting this over just as much as I did.

Ronnie pushed Juan into the rails harder, clutching his hand around his throat before taking another jab at his face. His face dropped, unable to continue fighting even though he was tied up.

Ronnie grabbed the blade, showing it off as if he was proud to murder someone. And come to think of it, I'm just as bad for allowing it to happen. I'm sure I have a front-row seat to hell.

"Please!" Juan breathed out helplessly, hoping for a miracle. If it weren't for the fact I would get killed if I disrupted, I would've taken Ronnie, and I'm sure Noah would handle Vince.

"No one steals from the boss and gets away with it," Ronnie warned, forcefully striking him in the heart with the blade. I felt sick to my stomach, having to turn my head to the side. The sound effects were repeating in my head, over and over. And it wouldn't stop. I felt like a bitch ass bodyguard that couldn't do anything.

When I peaked to see if the job was done, Ronnie kept stabbing him like he enjoyed it. It boiled my blood that he fucking laughed like shit was a joke.

"That's enough." Vince noticed and stopped his partner from stabbing Juan's lifeless body. Then he threw the weapon in the water, observing his work.

"What do we do with the body," he asked.

"Let him swim with the fishes - boss's orders," Vince said as Ronnie agreed. They lifted his body in sync, counted to three, and tossed his dead body over the rails.

After the loud splash, Noah whistled, letting them know to hurry the fuck up so that we can leave.

"Call boss, let him know the job is done," Ronnie told Vince as he started to clean up the bloody mess. It wasn't too messy, but enough to leave evidence. Then we'd all be fucked.

With his burner phone in hand, he dialed the number to tell him the news he had been waiting to hear.

When they had finished, they flashed a light over the premises to make sure nothing was left behind or missed.

When the coast was clear, we followed Vince away from the rear to part ways. Just as I thought everything was going smoothly, an employee yelled, causing us all to separate. I ran in the opposite direction of Noah, taking a sharp left down another dark hall.

Fuck. That was close.

~~

By the time I made it back to my side of the ship, I had ditched my clothes, taking time to get my mind straight. That could've ended badly for me if we got caught, and there's nothing I can do about it.

I could feel the anger and disgust rising in my body. I drew my fist back and punched the wall, waving my hand to rid the pain.

When I finally calmed down, I slowly started making my way to my suite. Hopefully, Noah would be good, already in bed or eating something. It slipped my mind that Brooklyn was still in our suite, hopefully sleeping. I didn't feel like listening or dealing with anything.

When I cut the corner, I saw Cassie sitting on a bench, staring at the ground. At first, I thought my mind was fucking with me, but I heard her crying. She didn't even know I was standing there as her head dropped into her shaky hands.

"Cassie?" I sat beside her on the bench, trying to get her to lift her head. "Hey, what's going on?"

She quickly faced me, surprised to see me. Her bright eyes were dark, filled with tears. I tried to get her to stop crying. "You won't believe me." She heavily sighed.

Why is she still awake? "Yes, I will. Talk to me?" I lowered my voice, trying to be sympathetic, and I have no clue what happened in the span of my leaving until now. I hope it's not because of what she told me. I wanted to comfort her because I'm a touchy person, but I wasn't sure if that was the best idea.

Cassie jumped off the bench and grabbed my hand to get me up. "We need to get off the boat." She quickly glanced over her shoulder. "Can you swim?"

I grabbed her by her shoulders, but she faintly flinched to my touch. "You need to calm down and tell me what's going on, Cass." She didn't seem bothered by the nickname I gave her. I'm sure she's heard it before.

"Brooke and I w-were looking for you and Noah, and somehow we ended in the back of the boat, and we saw someone die. Like, actually die, murdered, gone, and we're in danger. We have to go now." I could barely understand her. She was talking a mile a minute.

I took a long pause and said, "What?"

I almost felt my body go limp. But I knew somehow I had to play it off.

Fuck! Shit.

I swallowed, feeling the lump caught in my throat.

She whispered, "There are murders on the boat. Gael, what aren't you understanding?"

I tried keeping a straight face not to give myself away, but I had no fucking idea what to do. How didn't I see them?

I casually scratched my head and played dumb. "Cass, you hit you're head a few times. There are no murderers." I awkwardly laughed, trying to get myself together. I was tense as fuck. "You've been drinking for a while. How much more did you drink?'

She immediately patted her head. "Am I bleeding?"

I put my fist to my mouth and laughed. "Lil bit. It dried up, though."

She continued searching through her head and checking her fingers. She looked at me with a puzzling look, like she was losing her mind. Shit, I knew I was losing mine.

She pouted. "I don't understand."

I lightly grabbed her waist and said, "Come on."

The entire walk back to my suite, Cassie kept quiet. I could tell she was fighting with her mind, trying to figure out what's real or not, but I needed Noah's help. This was not good.

I quietly knocked on the door, giving Cassie a reassuring look.

Seconds later, Noah answered, saying, "Sup?" He gave me a look that confirmed Brooklyn was on some shit too.

Cassie's eyes shot towards Brooke, but Noah interjected. "Woah, Cass, you good?" But she backed away, wanting space.

Trying to make a joke out of it, I said, "Cassie claims she saw a man get killed." My eyes gestured around the room before Noah, and I broke the ice by laughing.

Once he started acting drunk, purposely falling back, I followed. Noah even playfully banged his head on the fridge, throwing miniature bottles at me. I handed one to Cassie, but she looked at me as if she wanted to claw me with those long-ass nails.

Shit. I hope they're drunk enough for this. The boss would fucking kill us. I mean, literally.

Brooklyn snapped and walked off as Noah followed after her.

"Cassie, don't be like that." I groaned, "We can go search the boat for these guys if it makes you feel better?" I offered, hoping she said no.

She cleared her throat and looked up at me as she turned around. "I-I just want to go back to my room, okay?"

I pointed my head towards the door. "At least let me walk you?"

She walked past me but stopped in the doorway. "Okay."

On my way out, I grabbed my keycard and closed the door behind me. It wasn't a long walk, but if it made her feel better, fuck it.

I noticed her hair fell from the braid she had, waving down her back. She was still drunk, slowly watching her step, but I could tell she was sobering up. Especially after what she saw, I wouldn't blame her.

When we got to her door, she said, "This is me."

I leaned against the wall. "I would probably never offer this again, but I could stay until you go to sleep?"

"Basically watching me sleep?" She spat, digging for her key. "That's creepy."

I laughed, shrugging one shoulder. "I better not hear you ever say I'm not a gentleman."

She didn't even laugh. "Goodnight."

Then the door in my face. 

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

2.6K 155 34
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
3.3K 142 57
A profound love between two people betting against all odds, would they be able to stand together? or let the fate decide... Synopsis: Two different...
371 27 13
"𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫... 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠." - "𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡...
5.5K 458 31
"Not screwing as in ongoing. It was a one time... or two time thing," I cringe at how slutty that makes me sound. "I was a little drunk... the second...