The Austin Arrangement

By NatalieOLeary2019

When Vanessa Garcia married Billionaire Business Man Jeremy Austin,it was her last desperate attempt to save... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1: THE DEVIL HIMSELF!
CHAPTER 2: SECRETS AND LIES.
CHAPTER 3: I HAVE NO CHOICE.
CHAPTER 4:A DAY OF SORROW AND DISPARE
CHAPTER 5: A KISS,GIVE ME STRENGTH!!
CHAPTER 6: ALCOHOL AND A BRUISED FACE.
CHAPTER 7: THE AFTERMATH.
CHAPTER 8: DEVIL OF A WIFE.
CHAPTER 9:DEAL OR NO DEAL?
CHAPTER 10:PUTTING ON A SHOW.
CHAPTER 11:Tangled With My Husband And His Brunette.
CHAPTER 12:IT WAS A MISTAKE.
CHAPTER 13: Fuel To The Fire!!
CHAPTER 14:TYPICAL JEREMY AUSTIN!
CHAPTER 15:CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS.
CHAPTER 16:SO MUCH FOR BOUNDARIES.
CHAPTER 17: THE BIG NIGHT!
CHAPTER 18: THOSE DAMP PANTIES.
CHAPTER 19:SO VERY WRONG ABOUT HIM!
CHAPTER 20:I SAID NO!!
CHAPTER 21:CRASH AND FALL
CHAPTER 22:NOW I KNOW!
CHAPTER 24:THE WORST IS WHAT I GOT!
CHAPTER 25:THE BRIDGE.
CHAPTER 26:A DAY OF SORROW AND DISPARE
CHAPTER 27:NEW YEAR EVE AND THE CABIN.
CHAPTER 28:A SEXUAL START TO THE YEAR
CHAPTER 29:ROCK HARD UNDER THE WATERFALL HEAD.
CHAPTER 30:A JEALOUS HUSBAND.
CHAPTER 31:NAUGHTY LITTLE DREAMS
CHAPTER 32:THE MACALLAN ESTATE.
CHAPTER 33: HIS NESSA!
CHAPTER 34:SEX IN THE AIR.
CHAPTER 35:BEING THE AUSTIN WIFE.
CHAPTER 36:UNWANTED CONVERSATION
CHAPTER 37:TURN THE PAGE!
CHAPTER 38:A TAINTED MARRIAGE.
CHAPTER 39:ARRANGEMENT TERMINATED.

CHAPTER 23:A ROUGH DAY

14.6K 525 7
By NatalieOLeary2019

I took his hand in mine and looked down at him. Don't do this to me-you have to be strong. Don't die on me,is exactly what I've been thinking since Judy the nurse gave me the news. My Father isn't doing so good and the doctors are concerned.

I remember them being concerned once before and he pulled through, maybe he'll pull through again. I don't know what I'll do if he doesn't. I've been hoping and praying for him to wake up-But it seems so far from that now.

"You'll keep me updated?"I glanced in Judy's direction,as she stood by my Dad's bedside checking the monitors.

"Of course. I have your number-I'll call you."Just as I was about to open my mouth she got there before me."I'll call you before Finley,I know."

"Thank you,Judy."I looked down at my Dad again,his hair white in colour now it's been so long since it's had a "Just for Men." in it. Hating the Grey, my Father used to dye it all the time. My Mom loved it though. She always used to say that she was going to go Grey gracefully.

"You've been here all day,Vanessa.Why don't you take a brake and go home to your husband?"She placed her hand on my shoulder,consolingly.

My husband-The man I haven't seen in days because I don't know to say to him when I do. He never did apologise for hitting Alex. Jeremy Austin isn't that type of man.

I stood from the bed."I have a class in awhile anyway-But I'll come back and check in."I looped my wool check style scarf around my neck and pulled the zip up on my black leather jacket." Keep me updated."

"I will."Judy got back to what she was doing as I left the room. It's been our agreement for over a year now,that if anything was to happen to my Father she would call me first.

I took the elevator downstairs and walked towards the entrance. When I got closer to the glass double doors,a familiar face walked towards me.What is he doing here?

"Alex-What are you doing here?"I looked at him confused,as I went in for a hug.

"Well you haven't been returning my calls the last few days so I had hoped you might be here. My next stop was Jeremy's House."Alex pulled back from the embrace and smiled at me.

I've been avoiding him because of the very reason I was wearing a baseball cap on my head-I didn't want him to see the plaster that was covering my stitches. But thankfully he didn't.

"I'm sorry-I know I've been such a bad friend. My Dad isn't doing so great so I've had a lot on my mind."I walked towards the entrance of the hospital. So I was exaggerating a little bit-I only found out about my Dad this morning.

"Is he okay?"He asked,with a concerned look on his face. Alex has been by my side this past year-He's been my Rock actually."I wish you would have called me-I could have been there for you."

"I know-I've just been all over the place and I didn't want to worry anyone."I fetched my keys from the zip pocket messenger bag that I had hanging from my shoulder."How did you get here?"

"I ran-I needed the exercise before my  class in an hour."He wiped the sweat from his forehead. I should have known that Alex ran here instead of taking the bus or a taxi. Wherever he's going-He's walking or running.

I pulled my scarf closer to my neck, feeling the breeze."Well let me give you a ride back.I have my Friday Night's Couple's Ballroom class,so I'm going in that direction anyway."

He grinned."Alright,I'll take the lift since I want the catch up."Alex and I walked the car park towards my car."So how is that Arranged Husband of yours?"

I had a feeling he was going to ask me about Jeremy.

I shrugged my shoulders."I don't know-I haven't seen him in a couple of days. I've been staying with Ava and Tom since the after party."Well technically just Ava,she's basically kicked Tom out of the house after finding out about the Arrangement.

"Well I can't pretend that I'm not happy about that. I don't usually hate on people-But that man I'd make an exception for. Even though he is Hot!!"Alex slipped into the passengers side of the car.

Alex and I were both buckling up our seat belts when his head hit off my cap accidentally. Feeling the force of the cap press against my stitches I pulled back immediately."Ouch."

"That's your fault with that cap,it's something that I'm not used to seeing on you."He chuckled,before looking up at me."What's that?"

"What-Nothing!!"I replied,immediately as he moved towards me. Shit-He's seen it. This cap was positioned in a certain way so my plaster wasn't noticeable. I didn't want the nurses asking Questions.

"Under that cap."Alex moved towards me again,but I moved away."You're hiding something under there,What is it?"He removed the cap from my head.

Oh God-Here he goes!!

"Did he.."

"No,Alex!"I cut across him before he had a chance to finish his sentence. I knew exactly what he was going to say anyway."Jeremy didn't do this to me."

"Bullshit he didn't."He said,with a tone of anger. Seeing Alex angry was a rare thing. It seems Jeremy Austin knows how to tick just about anyone off."What the hell happened to you,Vanessa?"

"Nothing-I just fell! The day after the party I tripped on the stairs,Jeremy was the one that brought me to hospital. He didn't do this to me."I rested back in the drivers seat with a sigh.

"You two were arguing at the time,I bet you were. What he did to me the night before-How do I know that you're not lying for him?"

"Jeremy Austin is not a man I would lie for-I wouldn't lie for him."At the start of this Arrangement-the thought of Jeremy hurting me was a possibility. But I know now that he wouldn't,not physically. I turned my head in Alex's direction."I would never lie to you."

His eyebrows arched."You lied about your reasons for marrying him,Lovely. But I take it we're starting fresh. If something happens at that house-I want to know about it."

"Yes,Boss!"My lips curved into a smile, and I sat up straighter and started up the car."I'm really sorry about what he did to you-It shouldn't have happened."

"No-It shouldn't have."Alex clicked his tongue off the roof of his mouth."It wasn't your fault-You don't need to worry about that. I just don't want to be in the same room as that man again, Is that okay?"

"Sure,I understand!"I can make that work.I don't think there is going to be a need for both of them to be in the same room. If there is-then I'll figure that out when the time comes.

I was midway through couples class doing what I do best. My hope was that Ballroom class would take my mind off my worries like it usually does-It was helping somewhat but I was still worried about my Dad.

I'm here-But maybe I should be there, by his side. What if-What if.. No,Vanessa!! Don't do this to yourself, he's going to be fine. He's been through so much already. He's going to be okay!!

"Head up,Mr Hill."I said,as I fixed his frame so he was looking at his wife as they danced. Mr & Mrs Hill are a married couple in their late 60s that wanted to try something fun together.
Luckily for me,they both decided on Ballroom classes.

I stood back by the wall watching them as they went. With a class of seven couples my 60 minute classes were busy. I've had to take on two classes on a Friday because I didn't have enough room in the studio.

"Vanessa.."His gruff manly voice said my name,causing me to turn my head. Jeremy was standing by the door,fresh out of the office in one of his designer suits.

Crap-what the hell is he doing here? I walked towards him nervously."What are you doing here,Jeremy?"

"Well you didn't leave me much of a choice since you won't even return my calls-Besides the fact that you haven't been home in days. I don't like being ignored, Vanessa!"His phone rang in the inside pocket of his suit jacket and he pulled it out and silenced it.

Silencing a call for me-He must mean Business.

"I've been busy. I'm in a middle of a class right now,Can't it wait?"I glanced over and noticed Mr and Mrs Hill walking towards us. Shit!! I'm not in the mood for introductions.

Jeremy exhaled harshly."No,It can't wait!! I think I've waited long enough to talk to you."it just has to be now no matter if it suits me or not. He asked for this-so let's just see how good he is at multi-tasking.

"Alright,If you want to talk then you have to dance."I walked ahead of him towards Mr and Mrs Hill."That was good,let's try one more time and I'll lead by example."I walked to the centre of the room.

"You can't be serious? I'm not the type of man that dances,Vanessa. I think you know that."He glared at me,angry that I was putting him on the spot.

I shrugged my shoulders."You want to talk then let's talk-But I'm in the middle of class so this is the way we have to do it."

He released an audible sigh of utter frustration."Fine-But you've been warned."Jeremy's suit jacket was removed and placed to the side before he joined me in the middle of the room.He was hesitant as he stood in front of me-Being a teacher it was something that I was used to.

"Put your hand on my back."I ordered, and he did. I positioned his hand up higher and our hands were clasped together. The other couples were dancing to the music."I'm going to start by stepping forward-you can step back."

Jeremy took a step back and I took a step towards him,he then followed my movements nervously. I've never seen him so nervous-so out of his comfort zone."So are you planning on staying with my parent's forever?"

"Well I didn't really want to go back after what happened-Not with the fall, I mean with you hitting my friend."I could feel his shoulder muscles tense under my grip. There wasn't much room in that white fitted shirt of his,it was glued to him.

"You know why that happened."Jeremy looked down at his feet to keep an eye on his movements."You were making a fool out of me for all the shit I've put you through these past few months.

He's crazy-Is this really where his mind goes even though I told him that Alex is just a friend? In Jeremy's world that means I'm screwing Alex as well as the Arrangement between us.

"That wasn't what I was doing. Alex is just a friend of mine-He has been for years. HE'S ALSO VERY MUCH INTO MEN!!"I told him-He's finally given me that chance.

"He's what?"He asked,and stepped on my foot in surprise."I warned you that I was a shitty dancer. If this so called friend of yours is Gay-Then why the hell didn't you tell me?"

"Well I tried-But you didn't want to listen."I exhaled steadily."I didn't want you having anymore control over my life and who I date-Do I stop you from your Friday night Flings?"

He scoffed."That's different-That was an agreement we made. You can't hold that against me,Vanessa. Jesus Christ!!"

"After that Kiss-Would you have even stopped seeing Alissa or the other hundred woman that you're sleeping with?"I whispered,and glanced behind him at the other couples as they moved around the floor.

He smirked."A hundred woman,you think of me as a man that has that much free time."Avoiding the question, of course he is.

"I overheard your conversation with your Mom. There's nothing between us-You said so yourself."I stopped moving and created some distance between us.

Jeremy clicked his tongue off the roof of his mouth."That was just my way of keeping my Mother's nose out of my business,you should know that. I don't  know how I feel about you,Vanessa. Feelings are not something that come natural to me."

"This was a mistake. You should go."I folded my arms across my chest and looked away.

"You want me to leave-Fine! I'll go! There's a dinner next Thursday night, make sure you're there."Jeremy turned and walked away,grabbing his suit jacket before walking out the doors of the studio.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

535K 19.3K 30
*This book is terrible, read at your own risk.* Womanizing playboy Sebastian Hayes was in a bind, his grandfather was requiring him to get married be...
930K 40.7K 34
Austin and Vanessa have been together for 6 years, since college, Vanessa is 25 and Austin is 28, Austin surprises Vanessa with a 14 night, 15 day Ca...
411K 16.4K 30
Arabella never thought she would find herself in a dark alley with a billionaire, let alone end up tangled in his web of lies. When the billionaire o...
513K 11.8K 31
"So where the fuck were you last night?" Nicholas asked in a daring calm voice. It was like he was reminding her what her place was. "Out" She answer...