Catch Me if You Can (Male Rea...

By aLogan11

(Y/N) had never gone to any combat schools in all of Remnant. So why did Professor Ozpin take such an interes... More

(Y/N) Bio
Vol 1 Part 1
Vol 1 Part 2
Vol 1 Part 3
Vol 1 Part 4
Vol 1 Part 5
Vol 1 Part 6
Vol 1 Part 7
Vol 1 Part 8
Vol 1 Part 9
Vol 1 Part 10
Vol 1 Part 11
Vol 1 Part 12
Vol 1 Part 13
Vol 1 Part 14
Vol 1 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 1
Vol 2 Part 2
Vol 2 Part 3
Vol 2 Part 4
Vol 2 Part 5
Vol 2 Part 6
Vol 2 Part 7
Vol 2 Part 8
Vol 2 Part 9
Vol 2 Part 10
Vol 2 Part 11
Vol 2 Part 12
Vol 2 Part 13
Vol 2 Part 14
Vol 2 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 16
Vol 3 Part 1
Vol 3 Part 2
Vol 3 Part 3
Vol 3 Part 4
Vol 3 Part 5
Vol 3 Part 6
Vol 3 Part 7
Vol 3 Part 8
Vol 3 Part 9
Vol 3 Part 10
Vol 3 Part 11
Vol 3 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 1
Vol 4 Part 2
Vol 4 Part 3
Vol 4 Part 4
Vol 4 Part 5
Vol 4 Part 7
Vol 4 Part 8
Vol 4 Part 9
Vol 4 Part 10
Vol 4 Part 11
Vol 4 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 13
Vol 4 Part 14
Vol 5 Part 1
Vol 5 Part 2
Vol 5 Part 3
Vol 5 Part 4
Vol 5 Part 5
Vol 5 Part 6
Vol 5 Part 7
Vol 5 Part 8
Vol 5 Part 9
Vol 5 Part 10
Vol 5 Part 11
Vol 5 Part 12
Vol 5 Part 13
Vol 5 Part 14
Ria Cdc Uipz Zi?
Vol 6 Part 1
Vol 6 Part 2
Vol 6 Part 3
Vol 6 Part 4
Vol 6 Part 5
Vol 6 Part 6
Vol 6 Part 7
Vol 6 Part 8
Vol 6 Part 9
Vol 6 Part 10
Vol 6 Part 11
Vol 6 Part 12
Vol 6 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 1
Vol 7 Part 2
Vol 7 Part 3
Vol 7 Part 4
Vol 7 Part 5
Vol 7 Part 6
Vol 7 Part 7
Vol 7 Part 8
Vol 7 Part 9
Vol 7 Part 10
Vol 7 Part 11
Vol 7 Part 12
Vol 7 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 14
Vol 8 Part 1
Vol 8 Part 2
Vol 8 Part 3
Vol 8 Part 4
Vol 8 Part 5
Vol 8 Part 6
Vol 8 Part 7
Vol 8 Part 8
Vol 8 Part 9
Vol 8 Part 10
Vol 8 Part 11
Vol 8 Part 12
Vol 8 Part 13
Vol 8 Part 14
Vol 9 Teaser 1
Vol 9 Teaser 2
Vol 9 Teaser 3
Vol 9 Teaser 4
Vol 9 Part 1
Vol 9 Part 2
Vol 9 Part 3
Vol 9 Part 4
Vol 9 Part 5
Vol 9 Part 6
Vol 9 Part 7
Vol 9 Part 8

Vol 4 Part 6

651 13 7
By aLogan11

(3rd Person POV)

An air horn sounded loudly. An off ramp was lowered on the ship bearing Blake and Sun to allow passengers to disembark. The town had many small buildings and homes set among dunes and palm trees. The town bell that had been ringing.

Sun and Blake made their way from the deck to the offramp. She proceeded without pause while Sun stopped to look at the town.

Sun: Huh.

Several Faunus in summer wear meandered casually at the dock, some waiting for friends or family among the new arrivals.

The dock was also a commercial area, with mobile kiosks selling food and other wares. It was a relaxed atmosphere on a sunny day.

Sun was looking around while he and Blake disembarked and walked through the market area together.

Sun: I've never seen so many Faunus in one place!

Blake: This is the one place everyone can feel safe, no matter who or what they are.

Sun: Wow, sure is, uh, crowded, huh?

Blake: Yes. Yes, it is.

Sun had to dodge a Faunus that had been carrying a box.

Sun: Is it always so... cramped?

Blake: Well, when you try and take an entire species and put them on an island that's two-thirds desert, yeah, it tends to be cramped.

Sun: What! You guys have that much more space? Why waste it? A little desert never hurt anyone!

Blake: It's not like the desert in Vacuo, Sun. The wildlife here is more dangerous than most other regions.

Sun: So, they give us a terrible island, in the corner of Remnant, to try and shut us up.

Blake: That's a pretty good summary, yeah.

Sun: Huh. Jerks.

Blake: We try to make the best of things.

The two paused in their walk to look at the view of the town the road affords. The road they were on went downhill and to the side, bordered by palm trees and homes that had either canvas or wood roofs.

The vista of palm trees spread out to the edge of mountainous dunes in the distance. Right in the middle of all this was a large house with an open courtyard that the road appeared to lead directly to.

The house was at least three stories and was the only building in the whole area with a sophisticated roof.

Sun: Whoa...

Blake: This, is Kuo Kuana.

Sun: It's... beautiful. I take it all back. This place looks great! Why would anyone ever want to leave?

Blake: That's not the point, Sun! We asked to be equal, to be treated just like everyone else! Instead, we were given an island and told to make do. So we did the best we could. We came together and we made a home where any Faunus could feel welcome. But this island, this town, will always be a reminder that we're still not equal.

She lowered her face.

Blake: That we're still second-class citizens.

Sun put his hands on her shoulder, providing comfort.

Sun: Well, hey, this guy's feeling pretty at home.

Blake: Alright, time to go home.

Sun: Oh yeah?

He moved his hand to her other shoulder, pulling her in.

Sun: Which one's yours? Can you see it from here?

Sun used his free hand like a visor to help him peer at the houses.

Blake: Kind of.

Sun: Is it that one?

He pointed away from Blake.

Sun: What about that tiny one down there?

He then pointed across Blake.

Sun: I like the paint job.

Blake took Sun's intruding arm by the wrist and directed it toward the large house.

Blake: It's... that one.

Sun stared for a second before pointing his finger at her with a questioning expression. Blake nodded. Sun looked at her for a beat before taking his arm off her and stepping back.

He covered the sides of his head and crouched a bit, staring wide-eyed at the house and making a comical, amazed noise.

Blake and Sun walked up the stone steps to the front door of the house. Blake hesitated when she moved to use the knocker.

Sun: What is it?

Blake: I um... it's just been a long time since I've seen my parents.

Sun: Well, you came all this way.

Blake took a quick breath for courage and banged the door knocker. It made a loud, heavy, resonating sound on the large door. Sun stared up, stepping back while Blake politely backed away from the door a few paces.

Sun then pointed up at the large door.

Sun: Okay, if we're being honest, that's kind of intimidating.

Both Sun and Blake gave a start at the sound of the door being opened. Kali, a short, female cat Faunus was behind it, looking around at the visitors. Her ears perked and she moved the door out of the way so she could step forward when she recognized her daughter.

However, she spoke in almost disbelief.

Kali: Blake?

Blake awkwardly lifted her arm in greeting.

Blake: Hi, mom.

Kale stepped forward and hugged her daughter.

Kali: My baby girl.

Blake hesitated, uncertain for a moment, before her face gentled into a smile and she hugged her mother back.

They stood in front of the open doorway. From inside the house, footsteps came closer and a shadow fell onto the carpeted entryway. Kali let go of Blake and turned behind her at the sound of Ghira's voice.

Ghira: Kali? Who is it?

Ghira stood with his hands on his hips, waiting to greet the visitor. His quizzical expression changed to wide-eyed surprise, before his hands, shoulders, and face all fell in a clear, emotional reaction to the sight of his daughter come home.

Sun saw this and grinned, pleased at Blake's welcome as he turned to look at how she was taking it. Blake had her hands clasped in front of her, awaiting her father's reaction. Kali had not let go, with her hands supportively on Blake's shoulder and arm.

Ghira said nothing, but smiled, clearly happy. Blake smiled back, relieved. She and Sun exchanged sideways glances.

Kali set down her cup on the table. She, Ghira, Sun and Blake all sat on the floor at a square table.

Kali: We were horrified when we heard the news. The Kingdom of Vale isn't perfect, but it certainly didn't deserve what happened. Oh, we were both so worried.

Ghira: Please, I knew she'd be fine!

Kali scoffed in response.

Kali: That isn't the slightest bit true. You should have seen him pacing.

Sun: You guys have nothing to worry about. I've seen your daughter in action before! And trust me, she's got some moves!

Blake, who was sipping from her cup while Sun spoke, abruptly lifted her head and swallowed at his last choice of words. Ghira glared at the young man on his right.

Ghira: And what exactly do you mean by that, Mr. Wukong?

Sun froze and slowly turned toward his host.

Sun: I... uh, well, you see sir, it's just that, you know, that she's such a good fighter and all, uh, and as a fellow fighter, I have a lot of respect for her...

Kali leaned in to quietly ask Blake a question.

Kali: Why is he here again?

Sun: ...And her fighting. But also for her...

Blake: He just kind of followed me home.

Sun: ...because of her fighting. Not her looks. I mean, not to say she's not good-looking. She is! Very! Or...

Kali: I see.

Sun: ...slightly, I mean she's definitely above average. I mean, uh...

Sun struggled for words as all three Belladonnas watched him and waited for him to either get out of the hole he just talked himself into or keep digging.

In the awkward silence, Sun used his tail to pick up the tea kettle and poured some more tea into his cup.

Sun: This tea is really good.

He took a sip from his tea.

Sun: Heh-uh.

Kali now spoke, however, it was not quiet enough for it to be an aside.

Kali: I like him.

Blake: Mom!

The loud sound of the front door knocker resonated, catching everyone's attention.

Ghira: Darn it, I completely forgot about the meeting!

Ghira hit his fist onto the table and Kali quickly covered it with her hand.

Kali: Ghira...

Ghira: Give me a moment.

He got up and walked out.

Blake: Is everything okay?

Kali: Yes, dear, just poor timing. He can reschedule. It's just been hard dealing with them lately.

Blake: Dealing with who?

Kali continued to sip from her tea.

Kali: Hmm? The White Fang.

Sun and Blake then rose to their feet at the revelation.

Sun & Blake: WHAT?

Blake and Sun rushed to the door, where Ghira was speaking with two fox Faunus, Corsac and Fennec. The two visitors maintained respectful, formal postures, keeping their hands clasped before them.

Blake: Dad!

Ghira: Blake, what's wrong?

Corsac: Miss Belladonna.

Fennec: We had no idea you'd returned.

Every time either one of the two Albain brothers spoke, they gestured with their hands and ended with clasping their hands before their chests again.

Blake: What are you doing talking to these people?

Ghira: This is Corsac and Fennec Albain. They represent the White Fang here in Menagerie now.

Sun: Those psychos are here, too?

Fennec: Young man, I'm not sure what you've heard of our organization, but I can assure you, we're not nearly as ferocious as the media would have you believe.

Blake: What we've heard? We've seen firsthand. Your fanatics slaughtered people!

Ghira: What is she talking about?

Corsac: Precisely what we came to discuss with you, Your Grace.

Kali approached the group of Faunus.

Kali: Is everything alright?

Sun: Wait, you guys seriously don't know?

Ghira dangerously asked Sun.

Ghira: Know what?

Blake: The White Fang was at the Fall of Beacon. They attacked innocent civilians and they released Grimm into the school.

There was a brief silence. Fennec made an innocent, sideways glance at his brother. Ghira slowly turned to face the two White Fang representatives.

Ghira: Is this true?

Fennec: Sadly, Your Grace, it is.

Blake: Don't act like you're s...

Ghira: That's enough!

Ghira then spoke to the Albains brothers.

Ghira: Explain yourselves.

Corsac: Though it pains us to admit, it has become apparent that the Vale branch of the White Fang is no longer operating under orders of High Leader Khan. Rather, they've elected to follow the rule of one Adam Taurus. I believe you're all familiar with the young adept and his... extreme philosophies.

Sun: You know, Beacon wasn't the first time the Fang started shooting up Vale!

Fennec: The High Council had their suspicions of a splinter group, but they could prove nothing until this latest incident.

Blake: "Incident"? People are dead!

Corsac: And it is a tragedy.

Fennec: Your Grace, we came to assure you that Brother Taurus and his followers do not represent the will of the White Fang.

Ghira: And how can I be sure of that?

Corsac: We understand if you bear any skepticism towards these claims. The White Fang's tactics are admittedly, more aggressive since you stepped down as High Leader and became Chieftain of Menagerie. But this, this is no way to make our message heard.

Fennec: We have ample documentation from the council meeting, as well as several strategies to apprehend and punish these strays if you care to review them.

Ghira: I will, but another day. I'd like some time to reconnect with my daughter.

Corsac: But of course, Your Grace.

Fennec: We completely understand. It was a pleasure to see you again, young Blake.

Corsac: We were saddened when we heard of your departure from the White Fang, but understand if you can no longer support our cause.

Fennec: It is a wearying fight, after all.

Blake: Who says I'm done fighting?

Corsac: Hmm... If you ever do wish to return, you need merely come find us.

Fennec: Sister Ilia would be elated.

Ghira: Goodbye, gentlemen.

He firmly closed the door on them. Kali moved to stand closer and faced her husband while Blake walked off.

Sun: So... those guys were creepy.

Ghira: I really don't like you.

Outside, the two brothers descended the steps, perfectly in sync and their formally clasped hands. Corsac, however, was now using the prayer posture that Fennec had been using all along.

Fennec: An interesting development, wouldn't you say?

Corsac: Interesting indeed.

Fennec: So, shall we inform Brother Adam?

Corsac: Oh, we shall.

They exchanged unsettling grins.

Renata stood outside, her breath forming frozen clouds in the cold air with each exhale, watching the bird fly high up into the bright sky. She could have sworn that it looked directly at her.

She brushed aside the thought and scanned the village grounds, searching for any sign of her brother's return. After weeks of keeping her horrible secret hidden deep inside, she was ready to unburden herself, come what may.

Of course, the one time she desperately wanted to find Aloysius was the one time he was nowhere to be found. She'd searched the entire village for an hour only to learn from one of the servants that he was accompanying their father on a hunt but was expected to return soon.

It was strange, though. Aloysius had never shown much interest in hunting with their father before. He had never shown much interest in hunting at all. She wondered uncomfortably if the recent death of Logan, who she knew (though she wasn't supposed to) was her half brother, had anything to do with this change. He'd been buried quickly and quietly, with no explanation given for his sudden demise.

To clear her head of her swirling thoughts, Renata had gone outside and into the cold air and sunshine, determined to go for a brisk walk around the village grounds and ready herself for her afternoon classes.

To her far left, she caught a glimpse of a boy she knew, Nic. She raised her hand to wave at him, but he didn't seem to notice and turned away.

She picked up her pace to catch up to him, drawing her parka closer to block out the icy chill.

Renata: Nic!

She greeted him with a smile, the frozen ground crunching under the leather soles of her shoes. She liked him very much - and enjoyed talking to him about the religion of Sanus. They'd spent an hour discussing the two figures that had been seen as gods, a woman and man.

He had attended her birthday banquet, and he'd promised to visit her so they might go for a walk together and do some exploring of the area around the village. He'd never returned, and she didn't understand why. Now he turned to face her with a sheepish expression. He raked a hand through his messy hair.

Nic: Renata, a pleasure to see you again.

She pushed away her nervousness and decided to be as straightforward as possible with the boy.

Renata: I haven't seen you in ages.

Nic: No.

Renata: Are you trying to hide from me?

She tried to smile, but the thought that she was right was disturbing. Still, she was curious to know the truth.

Renata: Did I say something to offend you?

He made a strange snorting sound, which might have been a nervous laugh.

Nic: Hardly.

Renata: I've been waiting for us to go on that walk.

Nic stared at her as if perplexed.

Nic: Then I... I don't understand.

Renata tucked her hands into the sleeves of her cloak to keep them warm.

Renata: That makes two of us.

Nic: Your brother told me that you wanted nothing to do with me.

She blinked.

Renata: Excuse me?

Nic: I was here before to call on you and he made sure I knew that my presence was unwelcome. That you said I wasn't to be encouraged. That you, well... that you were interested in taking walks with other boys, but not with me.

Confusion gave way to clarity and a hot surge of anger.

Renata: Did he?

Nic: He did.

She struggled to breathe normally and not let her emotions get the better of her. Lately, strange things tended to happen when they did... things that she had to keep secret in case anyone found out.

She let out a long, steady breath and looked directly at Nic.

Renata: He shouldn't have told you that.

Nic: Really?

His expression turned hopeful.

Renata: And you never should have believed him without speaking with me. My brother does not control whom I see and when I see them. I do.

Nic: I didn't know.

Renata: This isn't the first time this has happened.

Aloysius had developed a bit of a habit of deciding who was deserving of his younger sister's attention. but she didn't need his opinion or his help in weeding out the unworthy. She was quite capable of doing that herself. She muttered to herself.

Renata: Honestly... How dare he interfere in my life like this.

Nic: Does this mean we can have that walk after all?

Renata turned her gaze on the boy, studying him closely for the first time. At first glance he was handsome enough, a few inches taller than she, his skin pale and perfect.

She forced a smile to her lips, one that brought a light of optimism back to the boy's eyes.

Renata: Perhaps another time. Good day, Nic.

She turned back to the village without a backward glance, anger toward her brother swelling with every beat of her heat as she quickly made her way through the grounds. Aloysius was interfering, overprotective, deeply annoying, and incredibly vexing.

Herz: Ah, Renata. Is there something wrong?

She looked up from her thoughts to see the general. She had spoken to him twice before, once just in greeting and the other at the dinner the other night when he had visited. She didn't know the reason for his visit, but she figured her father was planning something.

Renata: No, thank you General Herz.

Herz: Are you sure? You look terribly upset.

Renata: Do I?

Renata had to work harder on her mask of indifference. Her brother had his perfectly formed, but her emotions still played on her face more than they should.

Emotions could trigger the strange... happenings that had been swirling around her lately like the beginnings of an ice storm.

Renata: I'm searching for Aloysius. I want to talk to him when he returns from his hunt.

Although she was no longer sure she would tell him her secret quite yet. First she wanted to discuss the matter of him running off any boy who showed romantic interest in her.

Herz: They're back. I saw them from my window approaching only minutes ago. What do you want to talk to Aloysius about?

Renata tensed. Why was he asking this?

Renata: Nothing that would interest you.

Herz: If you feel like there is no one you can confide in, know that you can come to me. I can help with certain issues, even if those changes might seem unusual... or frightening.

Renata inhaled sharply. It was as if this general knew her secret without ever being told.

Renata: I don't know what you mean.

With that Renata began to walk away from the general, forcing herself not to speed her steps. Likely, she mistook this mysterious general's meaning.

But, the general was correct about one thing. Her father and Aloysius had returned from the hunt. They were taking off their muddy boots in the foyer.

Renata quietly descended the stairs, keeping her brother directly in her sights. Despite the distractions she'd had since entering the building, her anger toward Aloysius hadn't decreased even a fraction.

Malcom: I have excellent news.

Aloysius: What is it?

Malcom: General Herz had officially agreed to join forces with me, with us. He likes my plan, and he was deeply honored by my sacrifice.

Aloysius: Should I offer congratulations now or wait until after you conquer Remnant?

Renata stopped moving and inhaled sharply. Conquer Remnant?

Malcom: Before, during, after. It's all good. This is all good news, my son. This is an important day that will live in infamy. And all of this one day will be yours. Every last piece of it. It's my legacy to you.

Aloysius shifted his gaze as if he sensed Renata's presence. Their eyes met. There was a hint of something in his expression that Renata hadn't remembered seeing there before.

Greed.

It was like looking at a complete stranger. A chill went through her, freezing her in place. But it was only for a split second before his dark brown eyes regained their normal warmth and humor. She let out the breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding as she finally reached the bottom of the stairs.

Aloysius: Renata.

She chose to pretend that she hadn't heard anything they'd been discussing. Her father despised eavesdroppers.

Renata: We must talk brother.

Aloysius: Oh?

Renata: I spoke with Nic earlier.

Aloysius: Nic?

Malcom: Fine boy. I believe he's smitten with you, daughter.

Clarity shone in Aloysius' eyes.

Aloysius: He visited you, didn't he?

Renata: He told me of the talk you had together. Care to elaborate?

A smile twitched at his lips.

Aloysius: Not really.

She glared at him. How dare he find this even slightly amusing?

However, his smile grew.

Aloysius: I brought something back for you from the hunt.

Her expression turned to distaste.

Renata: Something you killed?

Aloysius: Come and see.

Renata reluctantly approached, guarded as to what it might be. Despite his proficiency in archery, Aloysius had never developed a taste for ending an animal's life simply for the sport of it.

He'd once told her that he'd have no problem hunting if it was to put food on the table, but to kill for simple sport would never appeal to him. Renata was dismayed to think that had changed. The whirlwind of emotions that had been building swirled inside her.

Suddenly, the tall, heavy iron doors behind her father and brother slammed shut.

Her father looked over his shoulder with confusion. Then he cast a quizzical look at Renata. She averted her gaze, her heart pounding.

Up ahead, Aloysius had pulled something from a basket. It was small, furry, and had small white ears.

Renata: It's a fox, a baby.

Aloysius: A pet. For you.

He handed the animal to her. It nestled into the crook of her neck. She felt its heartbeat beneath her fingertips and her own heart swelled. She'd always wanted a pet, especially when she was just a child, but apart from a few wolfhounds owned by her father, he hadn't allowed it.

Renata: You didn't kill it.

Aloysius looked at her curiously.

Aloysius: Of course not. A dead fox wouldn't make a very good pet, would it?

Its fur was so soft. She stroked it, trying to ease the animal's fear. She looked up at Aloysius, her throat tightening.

Renata: So you think this excuses you for scaring off Nic, and who knows who else?

Aloysius: Does it help a little?

She hissed out a breath, but couldn't keep the smile from appearing on her lips.

Renata: Maybe a little.

Aloysius was challenging, annoying, opinionated, and relied on his mask to hide his true feelings from the world far too much. But she still loved him and knew without a doubt that she would do anything for him, even when he tested her patience.

And she would tell him her secret the next time she had the opportunity. Maybe then he'd tell her what had been troubling him lately. Even now as he gazed down at her holding his gift, there was a deep and bottomless sadness in his eyes.

Back at the tavern in Higanbana, the waitress was scrubbing the floor. The sound of approaching footsteps ceased when a voice addressed her, making the waitress look up.

Tyrian: Excuse me.

He licked his lips.

Tyrian: I was hoping you could... help me find someone.

Tyrian laughed maniacally.

Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 32 8
In the world of remnant there are four huntress schools and basically no huntsmen seeing as people thought that men couldn't be huntsmen, some men pr...
871 6 7
(DISCONTINUED) What were those years you've spent in Remnant so far? What did drive you to pick up a guitar and make music? It was very easy for you...
13.6K 112 18
y/n wasn't just an ordinary student at beacon academy, he wasn't even close to being that All rights for rwby go to rooster teeth
131K 1.7K 11
(Y/N), a new transfer student to Beacon, has gained the attention of the school's youngest huntress-in-training, Ruby Rose. But what is it about him...