SUMMER HEARTS // Quackity X R...

By Lillianna1125

24 new emails looked back at you from the screen. You could feel the headache setting in, but you opened you... More

Faceclaims/Beginning Notes
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Ending Notes

18

19.9K 1K 1.3K
By Lillianna1125

You clapped a hand to your mouth, stifling a laugh and desperately trying to hold onto the sip of water you had just taken. Across from the table, Alex was almost hunched over in laughter, and you were sure everyone in the entire restaurant was looking at you.

"Alex!" You gasped, regaining your breath. "You can't say things like that-"

"But it's funny!" He said, grinning. 

You bit back another laugh and stuck your spoon in the bowl that was sitting in the center of the table. When it had been brought to the table, it had been filled with ice cream and chocolate shavings, but now only melted ice cream remained. 

You were still laughing when Tercero came to collect the empty bowl. You stifled your laughter as he approached the table, and Alex grabbed your hand again. He'd been doing that every time Tercero showed up, but by god you weren't complaining. 

"Can we get the check?" You asked as Tercero picked up your dishes. 

"'Course." He said, disappearing back into the kitchen with the plates. 

Alex let your hand go as he left and started playing with your fingers instead, fiddling with your rings. 

"I swear you're actually five." You said, letting him play with your hand. 

"It's part of my boyish charm." Alex said, smiling at you. 

"Boyish charm?" You raised an eyebrow in skepticism. 

Alex just pulled all the rings off your fingers and put them on his own with a smile. He was still playing around with the jewelry when Tercero came back with the check. He put the bill on the table as Alex slid the rings back onto your fingers. 

"Thank you." You said, pulling out your wallet. You glanced over the check, pulling your card out from the pocket. You were about to hand it to Tercero when Alex stopped you, tugging on your hand. 

"Let me at least pay for half." He said. "I know this place is expensive-"

"Alex, the whole point was that I was treating you, I'm paying." You said, handing your card to Tercero and shutting his argument down. 

As Tercero walked away with your card, Alex sighed. "You're too nice to me." 

"This was supposed to be a thank you for all the nice things you've done for me." You said. "If anyone is too nice, it's you. I gave you my number on a coffee cup."

"What was I supposed to do?" Alex said. "Not  text the hot barista that made me my coffee?"

"You didn't even know me." You laughed. 

"I knew you were hot." Alex countered. 

Tercero placed your card back on the table and you slipped it back into your wallet. "Thanks." You said. 

Tercero nodded. "I'll see you in class?" 

"Yeah." You said, watching him as he walked back to the kitchens. Hopefully he would be back to normal in class, though you had a feeling next time you sat next to him you were going to get grilled about this.

You put it from your mind as you and Alex left the restaurant, walking out into the warm evening air. The sun was barely an orange silver on the horizon, and the stars were just peeking out in the sky, twinkling down on you. 

Alex laced your hands together again. "This was really nice, thank you."

"Of course." You said, squeezing his hand. "You're supposed to do nice things for people you like." 

Alex clicked his tongue. "Sounds like simp behavior to me."

You giggled again, swinging your joined hands between you as you walked. In the night air, the town felt more alive, and the warmth of Alex's hand in yours was more solid, somehow. In that moment; there was no where to be and nothing to do except be here.

You wanted this moment to last forever.

You tugged Alex over to a bench in front of a store and sat down, patting the seat next to you. He sat down as well, leaning back against the wood. You leaned your head on his shoulder, pressing up against his side. In the distance, you could hear the soft sound of music being played. Someone nearby had their window open.

"I'm so glad I decided to travel here." You said. 

Alex hummed in agreement. "Me too."

"Simp." You said, closing your eyes with a smile. 

Alex playfully shoved you away. "Unbelievable. How dare you insult me like this."

You laughed, shoving him back. "You called me a simp first!"

The shoving went back and forth until Alex caught your hands and tugged you closer until you were almost touching noses, your eyelids dropped to half mast  and a smile playing on your lips. You had an idea where this was going.

"Hi." Alex said. 

"Hi." You repeated, your voice barely above a whisper. 

"I kind of want to kiss you, but we also just ate and I didn't bring any gum." He said.

You pretended to ponder for a moment. "Yeah, it might not be the best idea." You said, watching his gaze change. 

"Wait!" He pouted. "You're actually not going to kiss me?"

You shrugged and Alex tugged on your hands again, still pouting. 

"C'mon, please?" He whined. "I thought you were going to treat me tonight!"

You just shrugged again, biting back a laugh. 

Alex rolled his eyes, dropping your hands. "Fine, whatever. I was going to give you the ring I took back, but whatever."

Your eyebrows furrowed together and you checked your hand, seeing the the ring you usually wore on your ring finger was missing. "How..?"

But Alex slid from the bench and settled on one knee in front of you, holding the missing ring in his hand. You giggled as he brushed a few loose hairs back behind his ear, grinning. 

"Y/N." Alex started. "We've been kind of sort of dating for almost a month now, and I've been meaning to ask you..."

"Yes." You interrupted. 

Alex stopped, looking at you, exasperated. "You didn't let me finish."

"Doesn't matter." You took the ring out of his hand and slid it back on your finger. "My answer would have been yes anyway." 

Mockingly grumbling about stolen thunder, Alex plopped next to you on the bench again and draped an arm around your shoulders. You leaned into the touch and pressed a gentle kiss to Alex's cheek - now your official boyfriend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 233 12
- You were sent on a mission to befriend then kill Quackity of Las Nevadas. When you arrived in his country, you found it completely destroyed. Then...
656 74 20
A teenage boy is running from the law. A large bounty is over his head, and five Hunters are constantly chasing him, determined to get the money. It...
351K 9.1K 42
understand /ʌndΙ™Λˆstand/ verb perceive the intended meaning of (words, a language, or a speaker). 'why can't you understand me?' - "When someone leave...
15.9K 359 12
After losing your friends, your home, your love, you knew that there was nothing or nobody to make you happy. Everything was taken from you and the o...