Roommates With My Boss

Av Allaboutliterature19

Valentina Fontaine is a girl with a mission, to make a new life, to live her second chance without regrets, a... Mer

She Walks Into A New Life
She Smells Like Strawberries
Be My Girlfriend for Next Week
That Was My First Kiss
She Doesn't Quite Like Dinner
Black Is Definitely My Favourite Colour
I Could Give You My Teddy Bear
Make A Bubble Castle With Me
Why Thank You, My Prince
She's My Girl, She'll Be Wearing My Clothes
You're Something Else, Princess
But I Like Strawberry Jam, And You Don't
Make It Better, Baby
You Look Like My Breakfast
My Knight In Shining Armour
I'll Be Your First, And Your Last
Dance With Me And I'll Prove It To You
That Was My Favourite Top Though
I'm Committed To The Double V
Oh No Way, I Like Bikinis
Little Does He Know, I'm Already His
I'm Crazy About You, Princess
Can Hearts Even Fucking Do That?
I'm Sorry I Couldn't Save You
I Heard I'm On The Breakfast Menu
I Don't Love You Anymore
I Don't Know. I'm Broken
You Gave Me A Lap Dance And Suddenly I'm Inappropriate
I Think I Just Proved That I'm The Man of Your Dreams
I Won't Walk Away This Time
Why Leave Me, Princess?
She'll Be The Death Of Me Someday
Now, Kiss Me Like I Belong To You
My Boyfriend Is A Directioner
Author's Note
I'll Walk You Down The Aisle, Kiddo
Didn't The Man Just Get Shot?
Epilogue

Dessert For My After Party

24.1K 701 316
Av Allaboutliterature19

"I'm jealous of the rain that falls upon your skin. It's closer than my hands have been."

-Jealous, Labrinth-

Valentina

Now I was extremely happy this morning. 

Maybe because it's a beautiful morning. 

Maybe because of the sunshine, the wind and the chirping birds. 

Maybe because yesterday started with me giving Xavier a blowjob, and we spent most of the day watching movies and having heated make out sessions. 

Who knows? I'm just happy. 

I literally skipped into the washroom and freshened up; my mind nervous yet so desperately excited to see Xavier outside my door. I finished doing my usual makeup, opting for a deep crimson lip today to match my black pencil skirt and blouse, and also because I was feeling somewhat sensuous. 

I swung open the door and the cold air hit my face, and I felt as though Xavier wasn't here.

Strange. 

He left without me?

I walked to the office in deep confusion. If there was emergency, why did he not wake me up? We could've gone earlier and dealt with it together. Anyway, it must be something important as he left without letting me know or even leaving a note on the fridge. I grabbed some coffee for him and myself before entering the building. 

The receptionist was back today, and her temporary was gone so I asked her how her husband is doing, since he was down with the flu and she took some days off to take care of him. Jules seemed delighted that I remembered and shyly told me that everything is fine now. I smiled at her and walked to the elevators, balancing the coffees and feeling my stomach flutter like crazy as the top floor approached. I confidently walked to Xavier's office and contemplated on whether I should knock.

I mean, I gave the man a blowjob and he's slept with me when I was half-naked. I doubt I need to knock his office door. But I was so terribly wrong.

Xavier was sitting on his chair looking at something on his laptop. 

Which was not why I froze. 

A blonde woman was bent over beside him, her blouse a little somewhat small for her chest, which would be crushed against Xavier's face if he turned right. Her arm was around Xavier, resting on his shoulder and her palm was right on top of his, maneuvering the trackpad along with him. They began laughing at something like best friends, and I cleared my throat to direct their attention towards me.

"Valentina, come in please, meet Anna," Xavier said, his eyes looking at me for a brief second before turning back to Anna. 

Now why did I think he would come up to me, hold my waist and say he missed me? 

Because I'm an idiot, that's why.

"Hello," I waved, placing the coffee cups on Xavier's desk and extending my hand. Anna shook my hand and smiled, and she looked stunning. My insecurities were rampaging inside my mind.

"We already got coffee, Valentina, was it?" She said, and I nodded, smiling weakly.

"I'm sorry I wasn't informed," I said, reaching my hand out for the cups but Xavier grabbed his.

"Yeah, I'm still gonna need that. Thank you," he said, smiling at me.

"So, Valentina, how is your job going? Is this one too hard on you?" Anna says playfully punching Xavier's arm.

"It's good, really. And he's nice," I reply, and she smiles.

"Honestly, I never thought he'd be able to get used to anyone except Martha. She was a sweetheart and amazing at the job. I tried to get her to be my secretary, but she would never agree," Anna laughed along with Xavier and I just stood there.

"Anyway, I should be going now. Remember I'm your date to the party tonight, Alex. Don't ditch me. Valentina, you should come too," she gently touched my wrist and I nodded, smiling my best smile.

"Thank you for being here when I called you, hun. I don't know what I would have done without your help," she said, holding Xavier's palms and pulling him in for a hug. 

Now I was right there, standing like an uncomfortable, insecure moron, looking around the room while they hugged it out like a couple. Xavier walked her to the door and waved as she walked away, closing the door behind her. He returned to his chair with a smile on his face, and it disturbed me because I certainly wasn't the reason for his smile.

"I'm just going to call and check about the postponed meeting and give you an update in a while. Is that okay, Alex?" 

First, I met Amy, and now Anna. The way they were all cozy with Xavier, means anyone close to him calls him Alex. As for me, I really want to be close to him.

"It's Xavier, Valentina. Not Alex. And yes, it's okay," he says, his face scrunching up in a frown.

Ouch. Well, that's sorted.

"Right. I forgot only Amy and Anna can call you Alex because you're the trio. The Triple A," I mumbled under my breath, sorting out some paperwork lying around his desk.

"The Triple A? You seem a tad bit jealous, love," Xavier smirked, all of his glorious attention directed towards me.

"Not at all, sir. I'll be leaving for my desk now," I replied curtly, turning around to leave, but a strong hand wrapped around my wrist, pulling me back. 

How did he even get behind me so fast? What is he, Road Runner?

"Babygirl, what's wrong with you?" He asked, making me turn to him, holding me close to himself.

"I'm good, sir. Nothing's wrong," I said, and he roughly pulled my chin up to look into his eyes, which were displaying anger.

"It isn't fucking sir for you, Valentina. Why are you pushing my buttons?" He practically growled.

"Everyone close to you calls you Alex. And since you specified I can't, I'm probably not close to you, so I'll stick with sir. Like a proper secretary," I explained, and his anger dissipated, being replaced by amusement.

"But I love it when you say Xavier, princess," he says, his voice dripping with seduction, making me dizzy and sending me in a trance.

"It sounds so fucking sexy, especially when you moan my name, darling," he says, gripping my waist tightly, pulling me impossibly close to him.

"Um-I uh-didn't know that," I reply, my face red and my voice stuttering at our proximity, and his words.

"How about we go home and get ready for the party, baby? There isn't much to do here today," he said, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear gently.

"What's the party for?" I ask, separating myself from him to grab my bag.

"Just a business event. It'll be boring but we have to go," he replies.

"I want you to be my date," Xavier winked at me and I blushed, but a memory invaded my mind.

"Anna is already your date," I said, dryly.

"Fuck. Well you can go as my secretary," he smiled, and I nodded, part of me not happy at his answer at all.

My mind revolved around how tonight would turn out to be. I finished my makeup with a bold red lip and some lip gloss over it, winged eyeliner with some glittery, red eyeshadow smoked out at the ends. I slipped into the red, glittery dress, which was a floor-length gown with spaghetti straps and a deep neckline. It hugged all my curves, flowing slightly at the bottom. This was one of my favourite dresses, and a few of my only pretty dresses. Which is why I chose it for tonight. A business event meaning being surrounded by many important people, and I have to look presentable. I slipped on some glittery, red heels and was ready to go. My brown hair cascaded in curls at my waist, and I was so thankful today turned out to be a good hair day.

Like clockwork, Xavier and I opened our doors, and he nearly took my breath away. The tuxedo was so amazing sexy on him, I could literally stare at him all day wearing it, and I openly admit I shall be drooling the whole time.

"Fuck," he growled, and I noticed his gaze rake over my body.

"What do you think? Jessica Rabbit or a floppy red sack?" I asked, twirling around, bending over seductively so he could maybe get a good view of my cleavage. 

The logic at that point was, he should at least be half as turned on as I am looking at him in a tuxedo.

"Dessert for my after party," he replied smoothly, pulling me in for a kiss that shook my core and left me in a mesmerized daze. 

His lips roughly moulded with mine, and his strong hands possessively gripped my waist.

"Mine," he growled, and I bit my lip, looking into his dark eyes pooling with lust and desire.

"Yours," I softly whisper, and his lips attack my neck, making me moan and arch my back, pushing my body up against him.

After re applying all my lipstick and gloss, which was smudged as my lips were swollen from Xavier's relentless attacks, we were here at the doors of the party in an hour. Cameras flashed as I climbed out, but they were directed at Xavier. I was about to join him, but someone rushed out from inside, in all her white gown glory, and looped her arm with his. I followed Anna and Xavier, feeling slightly neglected but I really didn't want to be childish. I walked behind both of them as Anna talked animatedly, and Xavier smiled at her.

We entered the ball room which was stunning, and everyone was wearing formal gowns and tuxedos, talking seriously and listening intently. Before I could recover from how beautiful the ballroom was, Xavier and Anna disappeared into the crowd, and since I saw no one I recognized, I headed to the bar for a glass of water. 

No way am I ever going anywhere near alcohol after the fiasco that happened last time.

"Wow," someone sighed beside me and I turned to look at Jacob Brown, with his hair neatly styled back and a look of surprise on his handsome face.

"Jacob," I smile, and he smiles back at me, tilting his head in surprise again.

"Valentina, you look absolutely gorgeous. I mean, the last time I saw you during the meeting we had, you looked stunning to me. But I never imagined you could look a thousand times more stunning," he winked at me, and I blushed, shaking my head and rolling my eyes at his obvious yet harmless flirting.

"You look pretty good yourself," I said, and he smiled. We made some small talk and he gestured to some people at the party, telling me about his encounters with them as we laughed together.

"Valentina," the sinfully sexy voice I could listen to every second called out for me and we both looked at a frowning Xavier standing right in front of us.

"Mr. Knight, pleasure to meet you again," Jacob extended his hand, but Xavier briefly nodded to him, his expression hard.

"Why aren't you with me?" Xavier looked straight at me, demanding an answer.

"Because you're with your date," I stated, and his jaw clenched.

"You could still be beside me the whole time," he persisted.

"Sorry. I'm actually with my date," I placed my palm on Jacob's bicep and he looked very happy after my reference to him.

"I see. Since when?" Xavier gritted out, clearly fuming.

"Since right now. Dance with me, Valentina?" Jacob answered, extending his hand for me.

"She doesn't like-," Xavier began to say something, but I cut him off.

"It would be my pleasure, Jacob," I smiled.

"Well, I need you to be beside me. So maybe later," Xavier gripped my waist tightly, and Jacob chuckled knowingly.

"Maybe later then. I still remember this gorgeous lady doesn't like coffee and dinner. I'll ask you for lunch next time, sweetheart," Jacob smirked mischievously, placing a brief kiss on my cheek, which caused Xavier's fingers to grip me harder and pull me closer into him. He seemed pissed and he pulled me along, making me join a circle of people talking to Anna.

"Oh, everyone, this is Valentina," Anna said, smiling warmly at me.

"So she's the one tolerating Xavier Knight's shenanigans," an older man chuckled as Xavier shook his head, a small smile on his face.

The man asked a waiter to hand us all a glass of red wine, and I took one too, despite Xavier's sharp gaze directed at me.

Everyone else moved around and the crowd increased, so Anna stood closer to us, talking to us about work and who she met today.

"Xavier and I go way back, don't we Alex?" She smiled at him, and it was a very genuine smile. I was relieved she didn't have a double meaning behind it, and I just found out they went to school together and were good friends. Anna seemed very sweet, and I really liked her. I

 felt the strong push on my back suddenly, and my body tumbled forward violently before I managed to catch my balance. It took me a second or so to realize that all the red wine that was previously in my glass was now on Anna's cleavage, staining her white gown deeply. She gasped in horror and stood there shocked, similar to my stance. 

Unfortunately, all Xavier saw was the glass toppling and landing on her, and for some reason he began glaring at me.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry, Anna," I said, and she recovered from her horror, flashing me a smile.

"Oh, don't be sorry, hun. The host of this party is a friend of mine and I'm sure she has a dress I can borrow. I'll be back soon," she said, nodding at both Xavier and I before walking through the crowd.

"What the fuck, Valentina?"

I stared at Xavier in confusion, only to see him extremely pissed. What's with him? He pulled me along roughly through the crowd and called our car out front, before dragging me down the steps and practically throwing me into the car. I felt nothing but confusion, and a little bit of terror. Xavier seemed extremely angry at something, and I really couldn't understand what's wrong.

"Xavier, what's wrong?" I asked as soon as we were inside the house.

"What's wrong? Seriously, Valentina?"

"Yes, seriously. What's wrong?"

"I knew you were jealous of Anna, Valentina. I didn't know you would resort to cheap tricks. I thought you were a better woman than that."

"What cheap trick? And I think Anna is very nice."

"Right. She's a fucking angel for you and that's why you threw wine on her."'

"Why would I throw it on her?"

"Every day I tell you, you're the only one I want. And you resort to such tricks, making me feel like I'm driving you to insecurity."

"I would never do that on purpose."

"And now you're lying about it. I suppose the glass just flew itself."

"No I was-," I started but he cut me off.

"I really didn't expect this from you of all people, Valentina."

"But, Xavier, someone-," I was cut off again.

"Don't Xavier me. I fucking saw what happened."

"God, someone actually-," and he did it again.

"Why do you have to be so fucking childish, Valentina?"

"SOMEONE FUCKING PUSHED ME, OKAY?" I yelled at him and he stood frozen.

"Someone pushed me from behind, I was managing my balance and I had no idea it would splash the wine on her. Before I could know, everything happened." Xavier looked instantly guilty at my explanation.

"And about being jealous. I have no right to be. I'm not your girlfriend, and you are not my boyfriend," I stated, my anger rising as to why he even thought about me like that.

"You are mine, Valentina," he demanded, stepping closer to me.

"Your secretary, Mr. Knight," I stated harshly, and he flinched.

"Valentina, baby," Xavier began, his hands reaching for my arms. I stepped back and walked towards my room.

"I'm very tired, sir. And I would like to go to sleep. Wouldn't want you to deal with a woman who's fucking childish, now would we?" I smiled sweetly, slamming the door to a close as I heard him sigh and curse himself before pacing the living room.

Xavier Knight, I am so pissed at you.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

158K 2.4K 24
Isabelle is a beautiful, innocent and a sweet girl. She has a traumatic past and she has been through alot. She is hardworking and intelligent. After...
6.7M 188K 55
#33 in Romance- Highest Rank Xavier Knight Collins What if there is a man who kills without hesitation ? What if he doesn't care for...
218K 7.7K 31
MASON XAVIER KNIGHT Smart, hansome and rich playboy, girls beg for his attention... AMY KENSWORT Reserved girl, works in a cafe and has a very dark p...
224K 12.5K 42
~The story revolves around a tale as old as time. The beauty and the beast, pain and passion~ ~Raizel Deluca~ ~Coral Thompson~ Two very different an...