Anada

By Sam_The_Shapeshifter

Anada's life changed the night she went for a swim, unauthorized. During that swim she had an accident, and t... More

Anada
The Warehouse
Society
Flight
The Addition
Entering the Mountains
Hiking Trails
Their Story
Vacationing
Friends and Foes
Escaping
Revealed
Saving Friends
In the City
Surprise Attack
First Sight
An Unforgettable Show
The Girl
Departing
Traveling
Sisters
The Wreck
Alibi
Investigating
The Old Lumber Mill
His Return
Ambush
Truth
The Long Explanation
The Movies
The Mistake
Disaster
Captive
Extreme Heat
Soaring
The Fight
Explosion
Epilogue
Author's Note

Drake's Lair

4.9K 404 91
By Sam_The_Shapeshifter

Drake looked upon me with his dark glistening eyes. An evil smile grew on his face.

I glared back at him. This man was crazy. There was no doubt about it.

Apprehension grew within me as he walked forward. The men around me left and joined the other group. I stood there handcuffed.

Drake looked like a completely normal man. He was probably in his thirties, and had a crew cut. He could easily deceive someone into thinking that he was a nice person.

I knew better though. I could see the evil man behind the mask.

The team had warned me about him. I remembered that Reina had said that he would kill someone for simple reasons.

What happens next may determine my life or death.
Drake opened his mouth and said to the others, "This must be team's new member, Anada."

He continued by talking to me, "I've met you already though. I see that you made it through alright."

I looked at him in a questioning way. When have I met him in human form?

Drake smiles, "Oh, I know what you are. You're the dragon who keeps ruining my plans. At first I couldn't figure out where the dragon was coming from. It always appeared with the team, but I was right when I guessed that it was you."

I looked at him shocked, but I still didn't say a word.

He says, "Yes, I've wanted to meet you for a while now. When I first heard of you I didn't think much of you. I just assumed that I would destroy you along with the team, but I found out what you were. Then I recognized your name."

Yep, this guy is insane, but what does he mean when he says he recognized my name?

"When I remembered that name, Anada, I knew that you weren't just a nobody." He says.

Drake looks around at his men. They nodded as if they knew what he was talking about. I was still very confused.

Drake turns back to me, "You're parents gave me enough trouble. I don't need you going around and ruining my plans like they did, but I see you've already started following in their foosteps."

I say my first word to him, "What?"

Drake glances at his men again, "Well, it looks like she doesn't know about her parents. I'll just continue with my plan."

Before I know it, he pulls out a pistol and holds it in my face. I stiffen as I look down the barrel of the gun, and see a bullet in the firing chamber. I'm literally looking in the face of death.

I hear Drake say with a laugh, "I guess I'll be known as Drake the dragon slayer after this."

He's going to kill me! This is it for me!

Drake places his finger on the trigger. I see him slowly tighten the muscles in his finger as he starts to squeeze the trigger.

This can't be my destiny! I can't leave the team behind!

I stood and faced him with a stern look as I readied myself.

Suddenly a man from the croud of men stepped forward and said, "Excuse me, Master Drake?"

Drake turns to look at him, "Yes, what is it?"

The man continued, "If what you say is true about her then there would be a lot more accomplished if we did not kill her."

"How would that be?" Drake asked with the gun still in my face.

"Well, we could learn much from her. She would be a fine... specimen." He says.

I was going to be killed! Now I'm going to be studied by this guy?! My worst fear has come true!

Drake lowers the gun and says, "That's true."

Drake continues by saying, "Okay, then. Do that, but when your done I'm getting rid of her."

I look at the other man. He must be a scientist, but why would he be working for Drake?

Two men come toward me then Drake holds his hand up, "Wait. I have some business to do first."

I watch as Drake takes a cellphone out of his pant's pocket. He taps on it a couple times. It's on speaker so I hear it ringing.

Two rings later I hear a familiar voice, "Hello?"

Drake says, "Ah, yes. Is this Alex.?"

"What have you done with her?" Alex says immediately.

"Nothing, yet." Drake replies.

Alex asks, "What do you want for her?"

"I don't want anything from you. I didn't call to give you a randsom." Drake says.

"Then why did you call?" Alex asks with an angry tone.

I can tell that the rest of the team is now listening in on Alex and Drake's conversation. I can barely hear them talking in the background, but I can't understand what they're saying.

Drake answers Alex, "Just listen."

Drake points his pistol toward the ceiling. He pulls the trigger, and an extremly loud bang fills the room.

Drake then says, "I called to let you know that I just killed her."

Before I can scream at Alex to tell him that I'm not dead, Drake ends the call. He turns to me and gives me another evil smile.

They think I'm dead now!

"Why did you do that?!" I yell at Drake.

Drake looks at me darkly and says, "It's how I take revenge against my enemies."

The two men automatically come toward me again. They take me out of the room and lead me down more white hallways.

Where are they taking me?
"What are you doing?" I ask the men.

They don't reply, and remain mute instead. I instinctively growled at them. One of them steps away, and gives me a confused look.

We continue to walk for a few more minutes. I try memorizing the hallways and turns, but everything looks and smells the same.

The last time I escaped I used the scent of fresh air to leed me outside. I can't even smell a whisp of fresh air.

How will I ever escape? This place is like a maze.

The men stopped in front of a door. The man on my right unlocks the door, and pushes it open. I see that there's a small room inside with a bench that also looks like a bed.

They push me inside and I push back against them. I don't use all of my strength, because I don't want them to know about it. I'll need the element of surprise when I really need my full strength.

When I'm inside the room they unlock my handcuffs, shove me farther into the room, and then quickly leave. The door slams shut before I can do anything.

I sigh and look around the room. Two cameras are in the opposite corners on the ceiling. There's a bench-like bed with one sheet on the far side of room. The bed also is connected to the wall.

There's a metal box next to the door, but I don't know its use. The walls are made of cinderblock. If they had been wooden I could have set them on fire and might have escaped.

I sat on the edge of the bed, and layed my head in my hands. I was exhausted, thirsty, and hungry. I felt completly alone. My friends thought I was dead, and there was no way to tell them the opposite.

I didn't know what my future could be. That man is going to study me, and that could mean anything. When he's done Drake will kill me anyway. If I don't escape I will die.

I'm going to have to use all of power and instincts in order to escape. My skills will be tested, and fear can not take control.

My eyes began to close. I decided go to sleep, but I was afraid something would happen while I was asleep.

I laid on the bed, and I thought about Elias. He must have been devastated when he thought I had been killed. I remembered when I was hurt and nearly died. He hadn't taken it well then, but now he thinks I'm really dead.

Then I suddenly remembered what Drake had said something about my parents. He said that they had also given him trouble, and I was following in their foosteps.

If he is telling the truth, then who are my parents?

I've always wondered who my parents were and why they left me at that orphanage. Maybe they left me because of Drake or maybe Drake's just lying to me.

So many things whirled through my head. Eventually, I fell asleep from my exhaustion. My last thought was one of escaping.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368 67 10
Shy Dawn, kinless and scorned by the townspeople, lives quietly on the edge of the village. It's a lonely existence, but she clings to the fact that...
192K 9.1K 52
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
24.9K 722 24
(For all the people who do not understand what GT is, it stands for Giant&Tiny.) A 16year old girl, who is living by herself due to an accident, find...
541K 32.6K 47
Much to her daughter's dismay, Alexa's mother has fallen in love with the idea of moving into a new house. To make matters worse, this particular bui...