The Chronicles Of Narnia : Th...

By cypherminsuga

Completed A Peter Pevensie Story Stumbling upon an entire new world just behind a door, Aria had her prophecy... More

Author's note
PART 1
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 13. II
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Part 2
Chapter 17.0
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
A/N
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Aria's letter
Chapter 50
Epilogue I.
Epilogue II
A/N
Reveal

Chapter 34

2.3K 79 3
By cypherminsuga

The darkness of the woods was not comforting as Aria had hoped it would be.

She had grown used to the darkness, embracing it and learning to accept it.
It had not frightened her.

The girl had left the how after they had arrived, leaving before anyone could ask why.

She had found solace in a particular part of the woods, not too far away from the others.

But as Aria stood alone in the dark, quiet woods, she couldn't stop her fingers shaking or the loud ringing in her ears.

She closed her eyes, letting the darkness overwhelm her as she tried to push away the shouts of the Narnians that she left behind.

Aria almost laughed at the situation.

Years and years of experience.

Starting from Jadis up till now, Aria had fought in several wars but it always took some time for the consequences to wear off.

Anyone would have thought one would get used to it.

But for Aria, it always took time.

The girl jerked at the sound of a horse and reached for the sword in her waist.

She unsheathed it and pointed it in the direction of the sound but was soon quick to drop it at the sight of her guest.

"Hello", Edmund spoke, a cheeky smile on his face.

He got off his horse and approached the girl.

Aria sheathed her sword and took a seat by a tree, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Thought you might need some company".

Aria frowned at the boy and Edmund scratched his head nervously, taking a seat next to the girl.

"That was the wrong choice of words wasn't it?".

Aria glanced at the boy sadly before averting her gaze to a tall hill infront of them.

Edmund sighed and leaned back, his eyes on the girl who refused to hold her gaze for long.

"Are you alright? Did you get your wounds seen to?", he asked, inching closer to the girl.

Aria looked at the boy and then to her wounds.

She looked at the boy again and shrugged.
"It's just a cut".

Her voice was soft and silent that if ond hadn't paid close attention, they wouldn't be able to grasp it.

"A nasty one", Edmund reminded and the girl's lips curved upwards slightly.

She picked on the grass beside her, finding it hard to form a sentence.

Aria looked up from the grass, her gaze resting on the little rocks and crevices on the hill.

She nodded her head as if she had made up her mind about something and rose to her feet, dusting her hands and knees.

She detached her sword from her hips and leaned it against a tree.

Edmund watched her suspiciously, his hand on his sword ready to do the same.

The girl turned to the boy and then to the hill infront of them.

"Do you remember when we used to disappear for the day and climb hills and walk through unexplored territories?".

Aria glanced at the boy and rolled up the sleeves of her dress.

Edmund smiled at the memories and his gaze shifted to the hill.

He removed his sword and dropped it beside him.

He placed his hands on his hips and smiled widely at the girl.
"Race you to the top?".

Aria broke into a smile and nodded her head.
"Pray that you could keep up with me".

•••○•••

"I'm bleeding everywhere!".

"Your scraped your knee on a boulder. You're fine".

"Wait really?".

"Yes. You just made a mess of it and now it's all over you".

Edmund collapsed on the inclined ground and inspected the cut on his leg.

His eyes went wide at the sight of it.

"You have to admit that's a really nasty wound", he said, his face distorting in digust.

Aria chuckled and shook her head.

She crouched infront of him and pulled out a cloth that she had stashed to cover her own wound.

"Stop being a baby", Aria commented, tying the cloth around his knee and Edmund grunted.

"I'm not a baby. It was just out of nowhere and it - ow!".

Aria smirked as she pulled on the cloth tight and rose to her feet.

Edmund scowled, pointing an accusing finger at the girl.

"You did that on purpose".

Aria shrugged and looked above her at the top of the hill.

"We are almost to the top. Can you make it there or do you want me to carry you?", Aria teased and helped Edmund to his feet.

"Ha ha. Aren't you hilarious?".

Edmund smiled and placed his hand on a rock jutting out.
"Come on. Let's finish it".

••◇••

"I'm bleeding everywhere. Aria! Help me ah ahh. I'm dying!"

Aria laughed and collapsed on the ground, her body shaking in laughter as she teased the boy.

Edmund shook his head in disbelief and took a seat beside her.

"I did not sound like that".

His gaze rested on the vast woods around him.
The hill hadn't been that high and it had taken them no time to reach the top.

Aria chuckled and wrapped one hand around her injured arm.

It had been slightly painful climbing the hill but it was all worth it.

She took a deep breath and exhaled, smiling at the sight before her.

"I miss this", she stated.

Edmund looked at her and smiled as he noticed the Aria that he had known before.

He inched closer and squeezed her shoulder.
"I missed you too".

Aria frowned, her gaze falling to her feet.

"I'm sorry I treated you the way I did. It was insensitive of me when it wasn't your fault you left. I-".

"You have nothing to apologize for Aria. You were alone for so long, it would make no sense if you didn't act the way you did".

Edmund smiled at the girl, not breaking his gaze.
 "You couldn't exactly turn everything around and pretend you weren't left by yourself".

"Or I could have".

Aria sighed and brought her palms to her eyes.

"I just couldn't find any one to blame for your leaving and it naturally just... fell on you", she said.

Edmund smiled sadly and nodded his head. "I understand".
"And I'm sorry we left you alone".

"It wasn't your fault".

"It might not have been. But I'm still sorry you had to spend so long by yourself. It's hard to imagine what you must have gone through".

Aria turned to look at the boy.
She smiled and Edmund brought her into a hug.

"I really missed you", Aria spoke into his shoulder and Edmund hugged her tighter.

"I missed you too".

Edmund pulled back and held her shoulder.
"I missed having someone to lose against me in chess".

Edmund laughed, leaning away from her as Aria faked annoyance and punched him in his arm.

The girl shook her head and leaned back on her arms, staring at the dusk sky with a smile.

"Aria", Edmund said and the girl turned to look  at him.
"You know Peter didn't mean what he said".

Aria frowned and turned away, her eyes downcast.

"Peter has been acting off ever since we left Narnia and it's just been worse since we came back here. I don't want to speak on behalf of him but you do know he would never dream of saying anything like that to you", Edmund rambled on, hoping the girl would accept it.

Aria sighed.

She looked at Edmund and smiled sadly.
"We all go through a phase where we say things we don't mean right?".

Edmund smiled and nodded.

"It's alright. It hurt me then but it's alright. I'm not going to hold it against him", she said.
"We all lose it sometimes. I said some harsh things too".

"You still love him don't you?", Edmund smiled.

The girl picked on her fingers.
She shook the hair out of her eyes and looked up.

"Love is a strong word Edmund".

"Well it's been years for you. I think the word love is perfectly applicable here", he teased.

Aria smiled.
"Thank you Edmund".

"There's no reason for you to thank me", Edmund replied.

"Besides you know I love you and you're my favourite person right?".

Aria narrowed her eyes at the boy and chuckled.
"I better be".

"Even though I am your second favourite", the boy added. "Its alright. I understand", Edmund pouted before breaking into a smirk.

Aria shook her head and smiled.

"Come on. Let's go back. We've been gone long enough".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 5.8K 33
James Pevensie and his siblings unexpectedly return to Narnia, but everything's changed. He hadn't expected to bring his friends along with him, but...
16.4K 500 15
"No, no I mean. You're Narnian's?" Caspian stated, looking at the three occupying the room. "No way, didn't know that." Lynetta said. Prince Caspian...
294K 9.4K 32
❝she'd gone from being irrelevant to being unavoidable, and what wouldn't peter give just to see her one more time❞ [book 2] ✳︎✳︎✳︎ good people alway...
2.4K 32 15
1300 years after they are first called, the Pevensies are brought back to the land they once ruled over. A group of pirates who had journeyed throug...