The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

Por yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... Más

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 9

1.7K 58 29
Por yourneighbourhoodcow

(Amelia's Point of View)

It had been a month since me and Ethan had become friends. We had become quite close now. He and his friends, Andrew and Chase, would sit at the lunch table with me and we would joke around. Andrew and Chase would occasionally join our hangouts, but most of the time it was just the both of us. Ethan, Adrian and I would watch movies together every Friday night. On Saturday Ethan and I would go to grandma's store and help her out. Usually on Saturday nights me and Ethan would watch a chick-flick, he pretended to not like them, but I knew he did, we would also end up sleeping during the movie and in the morning I would always somehow end up on top of him. Ethan would drop me in the morning for school, and during the afternoon I would go to his practice and wait for him so we can go home. I had also been to a few of Ethan's football games, their team always won. Overall me and Ethan had somehow become best friends.

I was walking out of calculus class when I spotted Ethan in the hallway talking to his friends, a grin came onto my face as I remembered one of our stupid rituals. "Ethan!" I yelled. He turned towards me and broke into a smile as he turned back and I ran and jumped onto his back and he caught me, his body not shaking one bit. People were giving us looks but we didn't care, they were still not used to the fact of us being friends. We both started laughing like maniacs as Andrew and Chase just shaked their heads at us. "You guys are like little kids." Chase said. "I know right!" Andrew said. "Shut up!" Me and Ethan said together. "Ok, now to bio class." I said pointing my finger in the direction. "To Bio class." He said as tighten his hold onto me and walked to class.

When we enter class the teacher gives us a glare as Ethan puts me back onto the ground. I walked to my seat and Ethan took the seat beside me, he had somehow convinced the guy next to me to move to the back where his seat used to be.

I was taking notes in between class when Ethan pokes me on the arm. "What?" I hiss. "I am bored." He says. I sigh as I look towards him. This always happens. Like literally in all the classes I share with him, well except for P.E. "Well maybe you should pay attention and take notes." I say. "Why would I do that if my best friend is taking notes. Plus I don't understand what the hell the teacher is saying, I only understand when you explain it to me." He says, with a cheeky smile.

Oh did I mention that he had become even more flirty then before? Well guess what he has, I flirt back sometime, but not all the time. "Who told you that I would give you my notes?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him. "Well will you?" He asks with a smile not leaving his face. "Yes." I mumble. It was true, I would give him all the notes without even thinking twice. "See told ya." He said as he poked my cheek. "Amelia, Ethan is there something you would like to share with the class?" The teacher asked us. "Nope that's why we are talking. If we wanted to share it with the class we would have been yelling." Ethan says. I swear this guy will get me in trouble someday. The teacher just sighs before turning back to the white board.

We were currently at the lunch table and were talking about random stuff. "Why did you cheat on Madison anyway?" I ask Andrew as I take a bite out of my sandwich. "I didn't. We had broken up a day before that." He shrugs. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "Why did you break up then?" I ask. "Cause I am gay." He says. And I literally choke on my sandwich. "Y-your what?" I ask as Ethan pats my back. "Gay." He shrugs. "Then why did you hook-up with that chick?" I ask. "I was drunk." He said. And I nodded. "So any guy you like?" I ask. "I could ask you the same question." He said with a smirk on his face. "What do you mean? I don't like any guy." I said trying to think of the guys I might like. "Yeah, she doesn't. So shut up. Now answer her question." Ethan said from beside me as he narrowed his eyes at Andrew. Andrew just smirked at him and looked back at me. "Well as per now I like Chase." He shrugs. "You know he is right here right?" I say looking towards Chase who was staring at his sandwich intensely. I swear I don't get what the guy is up to sometimes. "Yeah so? He knows I like him and we started dating a week ago, cause unlike some people I don't chicken out to tell a person I like them." Andrew said looking towards Ethan. I just ignore that and say, "Geez, and here I thought I was your friend, but none of you bother to tell me anything." I say wiping an imaginary tear. "Dramatic Ass." Chase mumbles and we all start laughing.

Well until Valentina and her posse made its way towards us. She hadn't said anything to me in a month which was surprising. I don't think her and Ethan have even hooked up lately. I mean Ethan and I usually hangout and when we are home alone, he doesn't really call her over, plus he never even goes to parties nowadays. I tell him he should go, but he always says we would rather sit home and watch movies with me and Adrian. So I don't force it from there. "Hey babe. How are you?" She says as she starts to sit in Ethan's lap. Ethan immediately pushes her off before she can touch him. "What the hell Valentina!" He screams. "What? You never complain when I do that other times. Come on it's been like a month or something since we hooked up or something. It's like this Amelia bitch has brainwashed you!" She said. "First off, I chose whether or not I want to hook-up with you or talk to you. So you better not drag Amelia into this. Second off, apologize to Amelia." He said. "Why the hell should I?" She yelled. "Because.I.Said.So." He said through gritted teeth. It was clear that he was getting pissed off, and a pissed off Ethan is a scary Ethan. "Ethan, it's fine. She is just saying stupid stuff. I honestly couldn't care less. Now calm down." I say getting up and placing my hand on his shoulder. I felt him ease up under my touch and he backed away with one last glare at her.

He takes my hand and pulls me out the cafeteria but because of the speed we are going in I bump into someone. I look up to see who it is and see Lucas looking down at me. I feel Ethan tense up again. God this is not gonna go good. I haven't talked to Lucas since the day he dropped me off home. Neither have Ethan and Lucas fought since then. I gulp as I see Lucas and Ethan glare at each other. I wonder what got them to hate each other, I never asked Ethan, maybe I should. "Ethan." Lucas says with a cold glare. "Lucas." Ethan says with the same expression. Who would ever believe that they were once best friends. Before anything can happen between the two of them, I step in. "Hey y'all! How are ya doing? Good? Well great! Now see you later, me and Ethan have somewhere to be." I squeaked as I pulled Ethan and dragged him with me. God, this guy weighed twice as much as me.

While we are walking to my locker, hand in hand, I ask Ethan about the question that has been bugging me since the cafeteria. "What broke your and Lucas's friendship?" I ask. I feel Ethan tense up from beside me and I add, "I mean you can tell me, if you want to. Well if you trust me." "I lied to him." He says.

I turn around and gesture for him to go on. "In middle school, I knew his dad was cheating on his mom and I didn't tell him. Instead I kept him from him. He had all the rights to know but I didn't tell him, cause he looked up to his dad so goddamn much. I couldn't see him get all broken because of that cheating bastard. In the start of freshman year, Lucas figured out about his dad, he also figured out how I knew about it. I tried telling him I didn't tell him for his own good, but then he punched me, and I let him. I don't hate him, I don't really. I just keep the act up. I know he has every single right to hate me, so I let him hit me and I hit him back to keep him in line, so he doesn't lose it and go all Hulk on me." Ethan says. I look at how sad his face looks and I can't help but hug him. I wrap my arms around his torso, and it takes a few minutes for him to wrap his arms around me but when he does he squeezes me so I tight, but I let him. "You're a good friend, you know." I whisper. "I know." He says back.

So cocky, this guy is. I just laugh a little and we stay in that position for a while. Somehow I feel safe in his arms, like I am protected from the entire world. So I snuggle closer into him and take in his intoxing smell.

(Ethan's Point of View)

I hug Amelia tight. Somehow she fits perfectly into my arms. Over the past few weeks, I have been feeling different about her and I felt weird around her. Like I would also have this weird feeling in my stomach like a bunch of butterflies have escaped or something. And whenever I see her, I tend to notice every single detail about her, from her smile, to the way she laughs and that goddamn dimple that comes onto her cheek when she sees me. We finally break apart from each other and Amelia stands on her tiptoes, her hands on my shoulder and she puts her head up and kisses me on the jaw, cause she can't really reach my cheek. The moment she does that, I feel a whole zoo being released into my stomach and my heart beating a thousand miles per second. God, what is this girl doing to me? Before I can say anything the bell rings, unfortunately we don't have the same class right now so Amelia gives me a small wave and walks away. And I just stand there like a red-faced idiot.

We are currently at practice after school. We have an important game coming so practice was an hour longer today. I told Amelia to go home and not wait for me cause I would be late, of course she objected but she shut up after I promised to bring her chocolate on the way back home. One thing I learnt about Amelia in the past month is that she loves chocolate and would do practically anything for it. "You should ask Amelia out to the Halloween dance, it's next week." Andrew says as we jog laps. "What do you mean?" I ask. "It's obvious you like the girl. Maybe you should just grow a pair and ask her out." Chase says looking at me. "Exactly. And by the looks of it she likes you too." Andrew says. "She doesn't. I am her fricking best friend." I mumble. I was stuck in the friendzone, like literally. "Oh shut up. You guys flirt so much it's hard to make out if your friends or a couple." Chase says. "We just do that for fun." I argue. "Sure. What about holding hands in the hallway?" Andrew asks. "I- I don't know! We just do it okay?" I yell, frustrated. "Okay, well do you like her?" Chase asks me as we run our last lap. I don't know. Do I like her? I don't even know how it feels to like someone. "I don't know. I don't know how it feels to like someone." I mumble. It's true, I never liked any girl before, they were usually just one night stands. Before Andrew or Chase could say anything further, the coach called us.

I was in the grocery store looking for chocolate for Amelia, just like I had promised her. I find her favourite Lindt Chocolate Bar and buy it without hesitation. God, the smile she will have on her face on seeing this will be so worth it.

I enter the house with the house keys I have and when I do Lia comes running over to me. "Where is my chocolate? I swear Ethan if you didn't bring my chocolate I will kill you and bury your body somewhere deep into the woods!" She says, narrowing her eyes at me. "Geez, not even a 'Hey Ethan, how was practice?' or 'Hi Ethan. I missed you so much." I tease.

She narrows her eyes even further and I laugh. "You didn't get it did you. Well I guess you're dying today." She says, sighing dramatically as she crossed her arms. This girl is a huge drama queen. "Am not. You love me too much to kill me. Plus I got you your chocolate." I say as I bring it out of my pocket. The moment she sees the chocolate her eyes light up but before she can snatch it I put it my arm above my head. "Nuh uh. You give me a kiss and tell me that I am the best and that you love me. Then you get this." I say smirking at her. "A-a kiss?" She questions. "Yep. Right here." I say pointing towards my cheek. As if she would kiss me on the lips. "Fine." She groans. "You're the best Ethan and I love you." She says and puts her hands out for the chocolate. She really thinks I am dumb, doesn't she. I point towards my cheek and she sighs. She put her hands on my shoulders, got on her tiptoes and put her head a bit up. I lean my head towards her to make it easy for the kid and then her soft lips touch my skin and I close my eyes at the feeling. Do I like this girl? I question myself. I feel her remove her lips from my cheek and I open my eyes. She is as red as a tomato right now and she looks adorable. "Here is your chocolate." I say handing her the chocolate, she takes it from my hands greedily and runs off.

God this girl she really is something else. Is it possible that I might like her? And not as a best friend, but romantically? I seriously need advice on how it feels to like a girl, who happens to be your best friend. I sigh and make my way upstairs.

When I enter my room I see Adrian, Grandma, Margaret, Mom and Dad on my bed. Wait, what? What are they all doing here? "Uh, am I in trouble?" I ask. "Nope." All of them say together. "Then why are all of you here?" I ask. "We saw what happened downstairs." Mom said. "Oh." I mumble. "So. What's going on between the two of you?" Margaret asks me, with a sly smirk on her face. "Nothing. We are best friends." I shrug and sit on the chair in front of my study. "Well do you like her?" Grandma asks. "I don't know." I mumble. "What do you mean you don't know?" My dad asks. Great, they are all interrogating me. "I have never liked a girl, so I am confused." I answer. "Aw, my little boy is all grown up!" Mom says as she comes and hugs me. Ok, I am seriously confused. "Okay, tell us how you feel around her." Mom says as she lets go of me and goes back to sit. "Uh, I feel weird, like my stomach does this thing where I feel like butterflies have been left. I notice every single little thing she does. When she touches me I feel my heartbeat faster. When she kisses me on my cheek of course, I feel all happy and joyful. I love the way her hair smells and recently I am finding it hard to sleep without her, and I always look forward to our Saturday movie nights cause we have "sleepovers" as she calls them." I ramble.

It's true, I can never get proper sleep if she is not in my arms. I know what you're thinking, how can I just tell my parents all this, well they are pretty cool, plus they can give me advice. "Yep he definitely likes her." Adrian says. "Shut up.." I say, narrowing my eyes at him. "Well at least I can tell if I like a person or not, you can't even accept the fact that you are practically in love with her." He snickers. Love? Woah there, I don't even know if I like her and he is saying that I love her? "You definitely like her." My mom mumbles with wide eyes. "Maybe too much." Grandma agrees. "Maybe even love her." Margaret agrees. I look at my dad waiting for him to say something, "Don't look at me. I am as confused about this as you are." He says putting his hands up in surrender. "Okay. Even if I like her. Does she like me?" I ask. "That's it. The kid is practically blind. I mean even a blind man can tell she likes him! God, boys are so dumb." My mom says as she walks out of the room mumbling the last part. "I agree, I mean it's so obvious that she likes you and you still question us? God, I have had it with boys and feelings. David was just like you when he fell in love with your mom. It took him three months to figure out your mom liked him back! And you mom made it freaking obvious!" Grandma says as she walks out too. "Kids these days." Margaret mumbles leaving the room too. So now it's only me, dad and Adrian.

"So..." I say. "You know you should probably ask Amelia for advice." Adrian said. "What do you mean?" I question. Does this kid want me to ask her if I like her? "She is great at this stuff." Adrian nods. "And how do you know that?" I ask. I mean I am her best friend, I know mostly everything about her. "Call it instinct." He shrugs. I find it hard to believe the kid is only 7, cause he sure as hell doesn't act like a 7 year old would. "Wait, so you want me to ask her if I like her?" I question. The kid is dumb. "Something like that. But don't tell her it's her you're talking about. Make the girl sound all mysterious and stuff. Like remember that movie we watched where the guy told the girl he liked a girl and then the girl got heartbroken but still tried to stay happy for the guy and in the end the girl happened to be her itself? You should do something like that." Adrian said.

Both mine and my dad's eyes are wide. The kid is kinda a genius, gotta give him that. "H-how old are you?" My dad questions. "Seven." Adrian shrugs and walks out the room as if nothing happened. "The kid is smart. I swear I doubt if he is my kid or not." My dad mumbles. I gulped and nodded. "Anyway, good luck son. I have been through kinda the same thing with your mother. I know you are super confused right now and I can also tell you that your mom is planning baby names by now, so don't you dare end up disappointing her." My dad said as he pats me on the shoulder and leaves.

I sit in my room thinking about what Adrian said. Should I do it? Would it be too awkward? I don't care, I am doing it. I get up and make my way to Amelia's room. I don't even bother to knock and I walk right in. "Oh hey there." Amelia says, continuing to do her homework, she doesn't even need to look up to know it's me, she just knows. "I need advice." I mumble as I lie down next to her and put my head in her lap. "Okay. What do you need advice about?" She asks as she stops doing homework and looks down at me, running her fingers in my hair. God, it feels so good. Focus Ethan! "I need girl advice." I say. "Okay." She nods urging me to go on. "So there's this one girl. I don't know if I like her or not. I am confused. So how do I know if I like her?" I ask looking up at her. "Who is this girl?" She said while gritting her jaw. Is she jealous? "Uhh, I don't think I want to tell you." I say awkwardly. "You will know when you like her. If you're confused that obviously means you don't like her." She quickly ends the topic. "Come on. Please tell me. I really wanna know what it is like. I am super confused. I came to you for advice cause you're a girl. Come on Amelia, please?" I plead. "Fine. You will know if you like a person when you feel all happy and joyful around them and you want to spend time with them. You'll also feel jealous when other boys talk or flirt with her. You will always want to see them smile and be the reason for that smile. You would love talking to her. You smile when you think about her. You will notice all the little details about her. You will accept all her flaws. She will be that one person who can make your day when you're mad or sad. Your stomach will get butterflies when she touches you. Your heart might also beat faster than usual." She says not looking at me. She seemed lost in her own thoughts. I process everything she just said as she continues to run her hand through my hair.

Everything she just said is how I feel about her. "I think I really like this girl." I mumble, I feel Amelia's hand tense up in my hair. "Who is she? Anyone I know?" She asks, I find a hit of jealousy in her voice but I ignore it. "Maybe." I shrug with a cheeky smile on my face. "Fine don't tell me! But at least tell me how she is like." She says with a frown on her face. "Well, she is really pretty, both inside and out. She is kind but sassy. She can be really bossy if she wants to. She kinda underestimates herself. Her smile is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. She does have her flaws, but that makes her her. Overall I find her perfect." I say describing Amelia. "She sounds... amazing." Amelia says. "She is." I nod.

Ok I have figured it out, with a rather awkward conversation that, I, Ethan David Turner, likes Amelia Mary Waston and that is not a very good conclusion considering she just so happens to be my 'best friend'.

(A/N: I just realised that Ethans grandma's name and Amelia's middle name are the same. Consider it a coincidence. Because I can tell you that they are NOT related in any way. I repeat NOT related in any way. It's just a coincidence.)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

226K 7.7K 36
Amelia Anderson (16 years old). Let me tell you something about her. You know that popular people that always look attractive, throw amazing parties...
504K 12K 38
No. 1 in car! Amelia Banks isn't your typical girl, knowing all there's is to know about cars, racing and mechanics can make someone an outcast. Des...
1.2K 12 23
I walked down the hallway quickly as I tried to get to class. Suddenly, a hand was classed over my mouth and I was pulled into a dark closet. I kicke...
369K 10.7K 61
Summer Jones doesn't have a perfect life - a crazy half family, dropping grades and absolutely no idea on what she's doing in life. This tomboy has n...