Getting The Guy

By Fetish-for-melody

Meet Vannessa Walters, a teenager who lives a lavish lifestyle. She has things that most teenagers can only d... More

🍂INTRODUCTION🍂
Chapter 1: The Truth Hurts
Chapter 2: The Change
Chapter 3: The Unbreakable Bond
Chapter 4: The Gala
Chapter 5: The Agreement
Chapter 7: The Attitude
Chapter 8: The Insecurities We Feel
Chapter 9: The Things We Hope For
Chapter 10: The Thoughts Of You
Chapter 11: Who Knew?
Chapter 12: The Start Of Something New
Chapter 13: The Butterflies
Chapter 14: What Do You Mean?
Chapter 15: The Thoughts I Face
Chapter 16: The Nerves
Chapter 17: New Friends?
Chapter 18: The Road Trip
Chapter 19: The Beautiful Mistake
Chapter 20: The Confrontation
Chapter 21: The Master Plan
Chapter 22: The Pain You Give Me
Chapter 23: These Flaws Of Mine
Chapter 24: The Concert
Chapter 25: The Aftermath
Chapter 26: The Final Step
Chapter 27: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 28: The Fit Of Rage
Chapter 29: The Great Disregard
Chapter 30: The First Downfall
Chapter 31: The Things You Do
Chapter 32: The Indecisive Heart
Chapter 33: The Step Up
Chapter 34: The Sleepover

Chapter 6: The First Step

18 3 0
By Fetish-for-melody

Song: What A Feeling 

Band: One Direction 

-

***_***_***_***

The rays of the sun was the first greeting I had. Then came the annoyingly loud banging on the door. With my eyes tightly shut, I mentally rolled my eyes.

After the eventful night that I had last night, all I wanted was to wrap up in the comfort of my white striped forest green duvet and close my eyes for the next decade. 

The banging stopped and I sent up silent prayers of gratitude.

Snuggling deeper into my bed, I hauled the warm material over my head. But that celebration of a moment of well needed silence was overturned as another round of banging resurfaced and I groaned audibly. 

Whoever that is will just have to wait until I'm ready to leave the comfort of my chaise.

Deciding to ignore it, I turned on my side, burying my body deeper underneath the wonderful heep of thick warmth. 

"Nessie! Get up. We have things to do and I don't have time to waste!" 

Oh crap!

My eyes instantly shot open.

What is he doing here? We don't even talk to each othe—

Oh...

Memories of yesterday came rushing back to me. 

The party, the makeover, talking to Dontae... the deal which I made without a second thought. 

I glanced at the alarm clock on my nightstand.

10:39 a.m.

Shit!

We had agreed to meet at nine yesterday while saying our goodbyes. While our parents were making last minute chirpy talks about the deal which they were successful in making with the tall beer belly hotel owner. Dontae had discreetly whispered 'we'll meet at nine tomorrow at my house' in my ears.

I flew out of the bed and the next thing I could feel was a cold sensation. The dull thud was loud as my body made contact with the tiled floor.

I cursed incoherently under my breath but then regretted it instantly as the floor had no mercy on me. It slapped the foul scent of my breath right back into my face. It smelled like I had stuffed my face in a pig's pen, ate fifty pegs of garlic then washed it down with sewage water. 

I grimaced.

That's what I get for not brushing my teeth last night because I was too lazy.

Scrambling to my feet, I shouted. "I-I'm awake!" 

Then I paused, trying to rub the remains of sleep from my crusty eyes.

I imagined him shaking his head in annoyance or disapproval. 

“Right! Says the grogginess in your throat."

I felt like a deer caught in headlights. I coughed to clear my throat, "um no! I had a flu." 

I was about to open the door but then I remembered the stench of my breath so I changed my mind.

"Nessie, you're still a bad liar. You were quite fine last night."

My cheeks colour pink in embarrassment.

"Uh,” I ran a hand through my huge mass of curls with a hand propped on my hip. “Could you wait for me downstairs please? I’ll meet you there in ten minutes?"

As I ran to the bathroom I heard his muffled, "whatever."

Guess he's pissed at me.

Oops.

-

***_***_***_***

I broke the record and took a three minute shower. Then I hurriedly made my bed after dragging on a pair of ripped jeans and a loosely fit blue and black hello kitty t-shirt. 

Slipping on black sneakers, I ran a brush through my hair before wrapping my hair into a messy bun while I ran down the stairs.

I spot Wilma passing by with the vacuum cleaner in her hand. 

The hum reminded me of her over-the-top reaction yesterday when I asked for her help and a smile played on the corners of my glossy lips.

“Wilma!"

My feet carried me to her swiftly and thankfully, safely.

"Is there a shark in the house?" She asked tensing up as she turned off the vacuum.

I looked at her weirdly. "Uh… I doubt that."

She sagged her shoulders in what appeared to be relief. 

"Good cause it looked and sounded like you were about to become a lifeless corpse."

She paused and cocked her head to the side, narrowing her at my outfit. 

"I see you listened to my advice,” she said. Then she smiled. “You look gorgeous darling." 

I accepted her compliment with a bashful ‘thank you’ and she enveloped me in a warm hug before pulling away and grabbed a dusting tool to run it over the already shiny wooden furniture. 

“Now why are you yelling like you're running from a pack of wolves?"

Ignoring her over exaggeration, I rolled my eyes and said. "I'm looking for Dontae. Did you see him?"

I could see a smirk growing on her lips. "Ohhh. You mean the hot guy with the big muscular arms and the shockingly sexy backside?" She clicked her tongue teasingly. Her tone was mocking.

Knowing Wilma for basically all my life, I knew it was best to play into her teasing or just not respond in order to not get stuck with a tomato face. Regardless of me not having a very pale tone of skin, I was always blushing madly. It was infuriating sometimes. 

I nodded and she gasped exaggeratedly.

She collapsed dramatically into a nearby chair. Shielding her eyes with a mesh covered arm. 

"Vannessa, I didn't know you had such good taste in guys. Not gonna lie, but I'd tap that too."

My neck and cheeks burned from embarrassment. 

"Wilma!" I screeched. Mortified. 

She just chuckled in amusement. 

"He left a couple minutes ago. "I distinctly remember him complimenting my outfit and saying he was going to a friend's house or something like that."

Suspiciously, she added. "I don't know… but maybe he has another girl in mind other than you." 

What?!

How could he leave after I told him I would be downstairs soon? It hasn't even been nine minutes since I told him to wait on me. Ugh boys.

My gaze hardened at my mirthful mother-like figure. 

"Get that thought out of your head Wilma because we're not in a relationship!" 

Rushing through the door, I shouted in dismissal, "Bye Wilma! I'll be home for dinner!" 

Then I was running out the door to Dontae's house. 

But for a brief second I distinctly heard her say something along the lines of ‘for now.’

But maybe that was my imagination. 

-

***_***_***_***

A few seconds later I huffed and scowled as I stood before the car with my eyes narrowed into thin slits.

"Y-you butthead!"

This asshole was about to ditch me and drive out of his driveway to who knows where.

A loud laugh erupted. But there was nothing humorous about it. 

“You need to work on your insults.”

I rolled my eyes. "Where are you going?"

Dontae could be seen through the side windows on the outside of his car as he placed his seatbelt in place.

I had run over to his house like my life depended on it, yet he's still acting like an insufferable prick.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going out," he stated nonchalantly.

"But you said we were meeting today to discuss some things,” I said, trying to keep my irritation at bay. “So shouldn't that give you enough reasons to stay here." 

He peeked his head through the window and stared long and hard at me.

"Nessie, you're obviously not serious about whatever we spoke about yesterday. So until then, it's probably best if we just go back to our own worlds like it was before yesterday and act like we don't know each other." 

With that he ignited the engine once again and began backing out of the driveway at full speed.

That's when I snapped. 

Losing all sense of civilization, I ran.

But instead of going back to my house and into my closet of comfort—which is my bedroom—I headed to the back of the car. Full speed. 

With my feet placed firmly on the ground I glued my eyes shut tightly, outstretching my two arms so that I mimicked the shape of a ‘t’. 

For a moment I imagined myself as the main character in one of those superhero movies where the lead character finally discovers their true superpower and starts doing unbelievable things. 

I almost believed my imagination for a moment. But the screeching of tires and the smell of burning rubber sliding against concrete along with the scent of gasoline slapped me back to reality and reminded me of the scenario I put myself in.

I had no superpower whatsoever—well, if being good at math and a lot of other subjects counted as a superpower, then I would say yeah, I have some super ability—but the hypothesis of me surviving being hit by a fast approaching vehicle right now was a strong zero to a hundred. 

Meaning I was already as good as a puppet without bones. Realizing this, my eyes clenched tighter as I prepared for the impact and my body refused to move despite the warning signals from my brain.

Maybe I will gain some superpower in three, two, on—

"Vannessa! What the hell!" A voice broke through my thoughts.

Huh? 

Is that Dontae?

Is he in heaven too?

"Are you crazy dammit?” She boomed. I heard the slamming of what sounded like a door. “I could have killed you, you know that?!"

Yep, that's definitely him and when I peeled my eyes open one by one, I realized that this was definitely not heaven. 

And I was probably mentally challenged.

Dontae stood a few feet away from me and it's safe to say that he didn't look pleased at all.

Feeling like a little kid stealing who got caught stealing candy from the candy jar, I put my hands behind my back and meekly smiled up at him.

"Hey," I waved awkwardly. 

He scowled and my heartbeat sped up as he moved closer. 

I was beginning to feel nervous and maybe my fear of being around people that I'm not really accustomed to will probably be the death of me.

Too busy zoning out, I didn't notice that Dontae was standing in front of me. Too close for comfort, until I felt warmth seep into waist. I squeezed my eyes shut. Then I felt warmth in my ear. 

I froze.

"You have been a very bad girl, Nessie." Dontae whispered.

"I-I have?"

"Mhm," he mumbled. "So you know what?"

I tried to back away from him but my feet didn't take heed to my internal command. Realizing he wasn't going to move without a reply, I whispered, "what?"

"I'm going to punish you."

I was sure my brown eyes were wide with surprise and maybe a hint of fear as well. While I was scared out of my mind, why did that sound so sexy?

Before I could comprehend what was happening, I felt something being pulled from my pocket. Then Dontae's warmth vanished.

That's when I realized.

Gasping, I screeched, "give me back my phone!"

He chuckled heartily, stepping a few feet backwards. 

"I don't know what you're talking about. I have it in my hand so it's my phone now.”

I groaned, and tried to grab it from him. But my attempts were futile as he chuckled at my struggle, his height preventing me from getting the cold object. 

I groaned again.

“You're being annoying."

"And you're being childish." He quipped.

He opened the door to the passenger side of his chic, shiny car.

“Get in," he demanded.

"No."

I crossed my arms defiantly and turned my back to him.

"Really? You're playing this game." I heard him mumble. Annoyance was very much present in his sweet voice.

"Nessie get in the car," Dontae demanded. 

But I stood my ground. "I said no."

I know I was acting childish but he needed to know that he can't just take my phone from me and then boss me around like I was his pet dog.

I heard shoes slapping against concrete, coming closer and although I was dying to turn around out of curiosity, I didn't. 

I remained still. 

That was a mistake because the next thing I knew, I was dangling from Dontae's shoulder. 

I screeched in surprise.

"Dontae! You ass!" He seemed to be enjoying my state of uncomfort as he chuckled. It reverberated through his body and into mine. 

"Oh but I bet you're enjoying the view just as I am aren't you?"

I blushed in mortification as his words registered.

And amidst my struggle, I couldn't help but consider his words. 

He wasn't lying. I was enjoying the view.

I swear this boy will be the death of me.

Putting me in the front seat, Dontae buckled my seatbelt like I was incapable of doing so myself and I crossed my arms and huffed in frustration. Then he shut the door with a loud slam and walked to the driver's side of the car. 

I knew trying to escape was futile and stupid since he would probably just carry me over his shoulder again like I weighed nothing. Plus, he had my phone. 

"So where are you taking me?" I asked dejectedly.

Starting up the car's engine, he glanced at me lazily, my phone in his pocket.

"We are going to get you through the first step." 

"Which is?"

"You'll find out soon enough." Then without giving me a chance to question him further, he pressed his foot onto the car's pedestal with a hard force. I gripped onto the headrest of the leather seat with both arms for dear life. 

He ignored my state of discomfort as he pulled out of the driveway and sped off down the street to wherever we were headed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 5 21
Vanessa Diamond, a sassy seventeen year old girl who used to be best friends with viner, Cameron Dallas when they were kids. But Vanessa had never kn...
1.7K 100 33
There is one thing that all of humanity has in relationship to each other - whether your gender, class, background, family, or race - and that is dea...
246 29 34
"Your hair is full of snow," He chuckled as he looked at her, reaching out to push a strand of hair behind her ear. Some snow successfully fell off...
Ophiuchus By rainshine03

General Fiction

6K 370 19
Matthew and Camille, Camille and Matthew. That's how things have always been. Despite living with an abusive father and an emotionally unstable and a...