One's Saving Grace

By pearlshipper332

Ever since that day, five years ago, Lillie's home life has been hell. Things never go her way, and she has t... More

Another night, Another nightmare
Start of a New Day
Dealing with it All
Seeing Familiar Faces
Taking a Walk
A Day on the Town
What Should we do Today?
City Wide Search
Visitations and Explanations
Coming Clean
Making Some New Friends
Letting Her Know
Time at the Beach
A Disapperance
Recordings
Planning a Rescue
Breaking and entering? No, never.
Depths of Hell
Fight For Your Life
Turn the Tide
Divide and Conquer
Things Are Going South
Let's Do This
Training time
Off to a Good Start
The Battle rages on
A brief respite from the battle
A Rampage to Remember
Going Home
Picking Up the Pieces
Epilogue

Finishing The Battle

1.5K 25 30
By pearlshipper332

Ash's POV-

The battle was going to be drawing to a close soon, I knew that, and Lusamine sure as hell knew it. These next couple of battles were going to decide what happened next, and I was looking forward to beating her and returning home with Lillie and everyone else. I stole a quick glance at Lillie as she stood beside me, and I smiled softly at her, before turning my attention back to Lusamine.

'Alright Ash, you can think about what comes next, after you finish this fight. It's time to focus.' I thought to myself, as I stood there and let my eye's drift across the battlefield.

"Alright Bewear, why don't you go and pluck the wings off that flying lizard." Lusamine said as she pointed to Charizard, who was standing beside me on my side of the field.

Bewear wasted no time at all, as she moved onto the battlefield. She looked like she was raring to fight. While she stood on the opposite end of the field, and waited for the battle to begin.

Charizard let out a little snort, as he slapped his tail against the ground, as he moved onto the field to face off against his next opponent. Meanwhile, my eyes drifted back over to Lillie as I looked at her and whispered to her. "Hey Lills, I've never faced off against a Bewear, what exactly should I be expecting here?" I asked her, hoping I could get a bit of info before the match started.

"Well it's a normal-fighting type, and is considered to be very dangerous, especially in Alola. It's been known to snap full grown trees with a single swing of its arms." Lillie responded.

I grimaced a bit as I turned my attention back to the battle. 'Well that's not good, hopefully that thing is as slow as it looks.' I thought to myself, as I readied myself for the battle ahead.

"Alright Charizard, let's get up into the air. Make sure to stay out of Bewear's reach." I told him.

Charizard grunted and took to the sky, before he began circling the Bewear. 'Alright, now that we're in the air, this should be an easy fight.' I thought to myself.

"Alright Bewear, why don't you go and fetch the lizard!" I heard Lusamine shout from across the field.

I watched as the Bewear took a running start towards where Charizard was in the sky, before jumping.

My jaw dropped as I watched the Bewear sail through the sky and towards Charizard. "Oh holy crap, Charizard, dodge!" I shouted to him.

Charizard rolled to the right as the Bewear almost got a hold of him and snatched him out of the sky. I watched in relief as the Bewear fell back to the ground, after failing to snatch Charizard out of the sky.

'Oh holy crap, that's a lot worse than I thought it was going to be.' I thought to myself as I stood there in shock.

"Alright Bewear, follow it up with Rock Tomb!" Lusamine shouted from across the field.

Bewear let out a cry as boulders started appearing in the sky, and rocketing down towards Charizard, in an attempt to knock him out of the sky.

"Focus on evading for now Charizard, don't try to attack just yet!" I shouted to him, before my eye's drifted back to the Bewear.

'I gotta figure out how to put this thing down, without letting it get a hit in on Charizard.' I thought to myself as Charizard kept rolling and evading the boulders that were speeding down towards him from above.

After a few moments, the barrage of boulders finally subsided, and Charizard was able to focus on attacking again.

"Charizard, roast him with a Flamethrower attack, full power!" I shouted to him.

Charizard let out a loud roar as he turned back towards Bewear, and dove at him. As Charizard got closer to Bewear, he opened his mouth and let loose a jet of fire, that raced down towards where Bewear was standing.

"Bewear, use Ice Punch, knock that lizard out of the sky." Lusamine said from across the field.

Bewear's right arm started to glow an icy blue, as he jumped towards Charizard, and the jet of flames that had been racing down towards her.

Before Bewear could get too close to Charizard, the Flamethrower made contact with her, and quickly engulfed her in flames.

'Was that enough to get Bewear to stay down?' I silently wondered, as Charizard soared back into the air after finishing the attack.

A few moments passed before the smoke finally cleared from the attack. What greeted me after the smoke cleared, made my heart sink just a bit. The Bewear was still standing, and didn't really seem fazed by the attack itself.

'Well damn, this makes things a lot more complicated.' I thought to myself, as I watched Charizard circling in the sky.

"Alright Charizard, use Sword Dance!" I shouted as I glanced down at Bewear once more.

Charizard surrounded itself with glowing and nearly translucent swords, that danced around him for a few moments before disappearing again.

"Alright Bewear, wait till he's close, and use Darkest Lariat!" Lusamine shouted from across the field.

'What the hell is that? I've never heard of that move!' I thought to myself as I stood there.

"Hmm, better not get too close to them... Alright Charizard, go ahead and use Air Slash!" I shouted to him.

Charizard's left wing soon became envenloped in a blueish-silver hue, as he flew down towards Bewear. Once he was a bit closer, he thrust his left wing forward, letting loose a slash of light, that came speeding from his wing, and slamming into the center of the Bewear's body.

Bewear stood there, almost like it was frozen for a few moments, before it's legs buckled, and it fell to the ground. It finally fainted, and was out of the battle.

"Great job Charizard, come on back!" I shouted to him, as I waved him back to my side of the field.

Charizard let out a triumphant roar, as it soared through the sky, before landing beside me.

I made my way over to him, and patted the side of his neck, while I looked around at my other Pokemon. "Hey Charizard, why don't you take a rest, you've been pushing yourself pretty hard." I said to him, as I let my eye's drift across my Pokemon.

My eye's finally settled on Infernape, who was sitting on the ground and resting at the moment. "How about you Infernape, you wanna give this last battle a go?" I asked him.

Infernape lifted his head and stared back at me for a few moments, before slowly getting to it's feet and letting out a screech of approval.

A grin slowly made its way onto my face, as I nodded and let Infernape head out onto the field. Meanwhile, Charizard let out an indignant huff as he smacked his tail against the ground.

I let out a small chuckle, as I looked back at Charizard, and found that he had his arms crossed in front of his chest. "Come on Charizard, don't be like that. You knocked out three of her Pokemon like it was nothing, I need you to save your strength so we can get out of here when this is all done." I told him.

Charizard stared at me for a few moments, before grunting and walking away to sit with everyone else.

'Thank god he didn't get pissy and burn my face this time.' I thought to myself as I stood there.

I quickly turned my attention back to the battlefield, and found that Lusamine's last Pokemon, an Absol, was walking onto the field.

"Hey Lusamine, why don't we stop the battle here, you've got one Pokemon left, and I still have six!" I shouted across the field to her.

Lusamine looked back at me from across the field, and started laughing after a few moments. "Do you really think I'm just gonna give up and go quietly after all of this? You're even dumber than I first thought." She said as she raised her arm to eye level.

On her arm was a bracelet, with a blue and black stone embedded into it. Seeing the stone made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. "Oh you've gotta be kidding me." I muttered to myself, as Lusamine touched the top of the stone with two of her fingers.

Absol was quickly engulfed in a ball of light for a few moments, and was soon released from it. The Absol now had a pair of wings on its back, and it's fur had grown in length, and part now had hair that was covering one of its eye's. I was still trying to process what had happened, and how I was going to tackle it, when I felt a tug on the side of my shirt.

When I looked over to my side, I found Lillie looking back at me with a bewildered look on her face. "A-Ash, what did she just do, and why does Absol look like that?" Lillie asked me.

I stared down at Lillie as she stood there, before glancing back at the battlefield, with the newly mega evolved Absol. "She mega evolved her Absol...Its a fairly new thing, but it boosts the stats of a Pokemon, and makes them a lot harder to take down in a battle." I replied to her.

I glanced back down at Lillie, and found that she was looking a lot more freaked out than before. I took a deep breath, and reached over to her and gently patted her head. "Don't worry Lills, I've got this, I won't lose to her and that Absol." I told her.

I turned my attention back to the battlefield, and got ready to fight. "Alright Infernape, let's start this off with Bulk Up." I told him, as I kept my eye's on the Absol on the other side of the field.

"Alright Absol, let's show this little runt just how outclassed he is. Start us off with Swords Dance." She shouted from the other side of the field.

Infernape was enveloped in a glowing red aura, causing his muscles to increase in size, while his attack and defense increased. On the other side of the field, two translucent glowing swords manifested besides Absol, and danced around her for a few moments, before disappearing once again.

"Alright, I gotta stop that before she sweeps me and my whole team. Infernape, let's hit them with Brick Break." I told him.

Infernape let out a cry of approval as he charged across the field towards Absol. Infernape closed the distance between the two of them quickly, while his right hand began glowing a bright white, as he prepared to make contact with the attack.

"Absol, dodge and hit that flaming monkey with Psycho Cut!" Lusamine shouted from across the field.

Absol's horn started glowing a deep dark purple, as she jumped to the right to dodge the brick break, before readying itself to launch the attack.

"Crap, Infernape dodge!" I shouted from across the field, hoping that he'd be able to dodge in time.

Infernape released the move he was about to use, and tried to jump back and away from Absol, before she could get the attack off.

But he was just a few moments too late, as Absol swung her head a few times and released three slashes of psychic energy, that sped towards Infernape.

The first two missed him by only a couple of inches, but the third one ultimately caught him in his side and threw him back towards my side of the field.

I winced when Infernape hit the ground with a resounding thud. "Crap...that's not good." I muttered to myself as I ran onto the field to check on him. "Infernape, can you keep going?" I asked him as I kneeled down beside him.

Infernape laid there for a few moments, before slowly pushing himself to his feet. He nodded after a few moments and let out a cry that came from deep in his heart. When I looked into his eye's I could see a blazing inferno behind them, he wanted to win, badly.

A small grin made its way onto my face, as I let out a small chuckle and nodded to him, before running back to my side of the field. "Alright then Infernape, let's hit them with Flamethrower." I told him.

Infernape let out another cry of his own, as he opened his mouth, and let loose a spiral of flames. These flames were significantly more intense than when he last used the move. I was glad that they were, it meant his blaze ability finally kicked in.

"Absol, counter with Ice Beam." Lusamine said.

Absol let out a cry as she opened her mouth and a white ball of light formed in front of her face. A beam of icy blue light shot out from the ball soon afterwards, and met the Flamethrower head on.

The two attacks clashed and battled against each other, before finally mixing and exploding,  sending dust and debris up into the air. The dust cloud blocked any sight I had on the Absol, but that also meant that they couldn't see us at all either.

"Alright Infernape, we're going all in on this one. Find that Absol and hit it with Close Combat, let's try and end this fight right here, right now." I told him, as I stood there, watching the dust and smoke slowly settle.

Infernape let out a cry of approval and charged into the smoke, searching for the Absol, in an attempt to get in close and take it down.

As I stood there and waited for something to happen, I heard the sound of attacks being let loose, and the cries of the two Pokemon clashing in the smokescreen, the cries and sounds of them clashing stopped after a minute or so. Causing a blanket of silence to fall across the battlefield, as I waited for the smoke and dust to clear.

Another minute passed before the dust and smoke slowly settled and dissipated. What I saw when the dust finally settled, made my heart soar with pride and happiness. Infernape was still standing, while the Absol was laying there on her side, back in its original form.

"It's finally over...we won." I said out loud. I was about to continue, but any thoughts I had after that were blown away by the earth shattering explosion that came from the portal device in the back of the room.

'Oh come on, now what!' I thought to myself.

Hey everyone, I hope your winter holidays went well, and that you all enjoyed them. It's been a while since I last posted a chapter for this story, so I'm hoping you all enjoy the newest chapter of the story.

I also wanted to express how thankful and grateful I am to all my readers and followers. I wouldn't have had so much success with my second book, if it weren't for all of you. So I wanted to say thank you for sticking with me and supporting me, and tolerating the crappy, and pretty much non-existant update schedule that I have.

So thank you, I sincerely mean that.

As always, if you have any comments or questions, don't hesitate to post them at all, I always enjoy reading what you have to say. And as always, I'll see all of you in the next chapter.

-PearlShipper332

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 3.8K 47
Ashley Ketchum was betrayed by her faithful Pikachu. Arceus, the mythical Pokémon decides to give Ashley a second chance of life. Follow her journey...
49.2K 961 54
Thanks to @Q-QUACKZZZ for the cover! Y/N L/N has no parents. She doesn't know who they are. She doesn't know why or how they died, or any information...
21.6K 239 46
Ash is a third year high school student and also the Student Council of the RPA High School in the Sevestar Region. Together with his friends, what w...
96K 2K 30
(Y/n) is working for team Skull when she arrived in Alola.Until she meets a certain blond hair boy that will change how she acts,talk,and feels...and...