Cataclysm

By No_Tanks

"And in the moment of pure destruction, they found love." IN WHICH THE REBELS REBEL (ROGUE ONE) More

CATACLYSM
.i
.iii
.iv
.v
.vi
.vii
.viii
.ix
.x
.xi
.xii
The Final Update

.ii

350 16 3
By No_Tanks

CATACLYSM
☽☾
"
BATTLE WOUNDS"

IT'S QUITE hard to find peaceful moments within the raging anger of war. Many people even resent making friendships in these times for the fear that the person they hold on to will let go. As you walk through the Rebel base now a days you'd be lucky to find authentic smiles and laughter. But jump back to a time where hope was rich within the Rebellion, to a time where nobody worried about the odds against them. To a time when laughter filled the air around the temples and the pilots all made bets on who'd knock the most TIEs. And it was in that time where Amara found her peace, where she found another purpose to her life. If she could, Amara would go back to those restless nights gazing up at the twinkling stars, to the jokes and laughs shared among her and her friends, to the feeling of security within his arms. But war had a habit of tainting all the joy and clouding it into despair. And as much as Amara fought to keep her peace, the reality stood that not all love was meant to last. She couldn't go back in time and like many other failed relationships before them, their love wasn't meant to last. 

"This is a horrible idea." Cassian muttered as the two walked among the crowd of people within the hangar towards his silver and blue painted U-Wing.

The tiniest of smiles formed on Amara's face as she shrugged her shoulders. "I quite like this plan."

Cassian scoffed with a shake of his head. "You just like it because I don't." He stated matter of factually.

"Maybe." Amara said with a small nod. "Or maybe I just trust the judgment of the senators and General Draven."

"This girl cannot be trusted." Cassian dismissed with a shake of his head. "When it finally comes to it, she will pick her father over us."

"Or maybe she won't." Amara countered as she spared her friend a glance. "It's been years since she's seen her father Cassian, I doubt she holds much appreciation for the man."

"It's her father, Amara." Cassian argued as he cross his arms over his chest. "It won't matter how long it's been since she's last seen him, if she's anything like anyone else, she'd chose her father." 

"I suppose you have a point." Amara agreed with a slight nod of her head. Cassian watched her as she contemplated for a slight moment, her eyebrows pinching together as she thought the situation over. "Well it is out of our hands now." She finally spoke after a moment of silence. "We will deal with that problem if it arises."

"And how are we going to do that?" Cassian questioned. 

Amara shrugged. "I don't have an answer for you." She said with a slight frown. "But we'll cross that bridge when the time comes." 

A small silence had taken over the two as they walked, or in Amara's case, limped. But it wasn't an awkward silence or a tense one. It was a calming silence, one they had both grown to find a home in over the years. There was an understanding between the two that extended beyond words. 

"Are you sure you're up for this?" Cassian spoke, his eyes subconsciously drifting to her brace. 

Amara knew he meant no harm by his words, she knew he was just trying to check in on her. But she couldn't help the anger that had threatened to build up within her chest. She knew it was wrong to be angry at him for asking a question. But it seemed to be a question she had been receiving a lot lately. A question that struck a nerve within her. She felt as if people saw her as less than, as weak since her injury and she hated it. She hated it so much. 

Cassian was quick to lift his eyes from the brace after realizing he had been staring at it for too long, but what his gaze would inevitably land on would strike fear into his very soul. Amara's firey stare did little to hide the anger she presented towards question. He almost couldn't hold her gaze anymore. The sheer anger that radiated off her threatened to burn Cassian alive. He hadn't seen her this angry in a long time. And it was then where he questioned why he had even asked the question at all.

"I got out of therapy months ago, Cassian." Amara finally answered, the fire dying down slightly within her stare as she recomposed herself. "My leg is fine." Though among seeing Cassian's questioning stare upon hearing the word "fine", she was quick to speak up again. "If you've got a problem with with my being on the mission, by all means take it up with the General."

"No." Cassian shut down the proposition with the shake of his head. "I don't have a problem with it Mar, I'm just concerned for you."

"Well you don't need to be." Amara stated, her instant reaction being to jump on the defensive side. "I'm perfectly fine."

"See there you go again." Cassian mumbled with a small shake of his head. "You're not fine, Amara. You're hurting." 

"I'm am not." Amara argued, a tiny glare pulling down on her eyebrows.

But even she knew her facade would not protect her from Cassian. He was no fool and he payed much closer attention to things than the average person. He would see the way Amara's face winces ever so slightly with each step she takes and he's heard her frustrated cries/shouts at night when she believed everyone else to be sleeping. But most importantly, he noticed the fact that she was unable to do a great many of the things she had done before on a daily basis and he knew she loathed it. He knew her leg was anything but fine.

"I've read the report, Mar." Cassian paused, a frown formed on his face as he stared at her. "You can't even walk without that thing."

"People have suffered worse." Amara argued out as they neared Cassian's ship.

"I know but..."

Amara silenced him before he could say another word with the simple action of holding up her hand. "People need me, Cassian. People are relying on me to save them and I will not abandon their cries for help because you feel as if I'm not ready."

"I don't feel like you're not ready." Cassian argued, his frown deepening at her words. 

Amara couldn't even stop the words from booming about of her mouth. "You do! Everyone does!" She let out a breath, calming herself before lowering her voice. " I've proven I can handle this many times. I will not let this dammed thing slow me down and I will not rest because of it." Her glare deepened as she pointed a stern finger at him. "You do not get to dictate my life or what I do with it, Cassian Andor. And you have no right to tell me what I can and cannot handle."

"Amara you're taking this the wrong way." Cassian tried to reason with her. Amara shook her head letting out a heavy breath. "Listen to me." He said as he hesitantly took her hands within his own. "I should have never asked that question. I'm just worried for you, Amara. I know how you are and I know you will never admit the limits your injury bestows upon you, but at some point you will have to come to terms with the fact that you will not be able to handle everything." He tried to gauge her reaction to his words to aid his decision on whether he should continue or not. But Amara held no emotion as she stared up at him. "I just fear that when the time comes, you will fail to admit when enough is enough. I don't want to see you hurt again."

Before Amara could even form words to say within her head a voice had intruded in on the two. "What the hell is all of this bickering?" She couldn't stop the smile from forming on her face as she turned away from Cassian and looked to the interior of his ship where the ex Imperial droid known as K-2SO stood. "Make it stop already." The droid's gaze shifted between Cassian and Amara for a moment before he spoke up again. "Why is she here?"

Amara scoffed. "It's a pleasure to see you again too, Kaytoo."

"Captain Andor!" The both familiar and dull voice of the General called. Amara turned her head towards the direction of the sound of his voice to see him standing a few feet back with his arms crossed over his chest as he waited for Cassian. 

"I'll get the coordinates locked in." Amara happily chimed as she climbed up into the ship and dumped her bag down next to Cassian's.

"Don't let the girl touch anything." Cassian said before walking off to greet the General. 

Amara scoffed with a shake of her head. "You're going to have to warm up to her." She called.

"No I won't."

Amara let out a disappointed sigh before walking towards the cockpit where the navigation computer sat. It's been a long time since Amara has been on board Cassian's ship and well she can't say she missed it all that much. No offense towards the ship or anything, it was in fact one of the better ones that the Alliance owned and it was much roomier that her X-Wing. But as nice as the ship was, it just wasn't her X-Wing. Among her walk to the navi computer, Amara had realized fairly quickly that not much has changed since she'd last been on board. Everything appeared to be in the exact spot it was when she'd last left, spare a few bags and tools moved about, so piloting should be a breeze.

"I thought you said you were returning to Alderaan?" K2 asked as he trailed behind Amara. 

"I said I was considering it." Amara corrected. "Though I doubt I'll take the offer."

"Why?" The droid pried.

Amara approached the navi computer and began typing in the coordinates as she answered his question. "Well as much as I adore the princess, my responsibilities lie with the Alliance now." She paused her work for a moment, allowing a smile to tug at her lips. "Though I suppose one could argue the two are the same."

"Cassian was worried you'd accept the offer." K2 informed as he continued to stalk behind Amara. 

"Is that so?" Amara questioned, her smile only growing.

"Yes." K2 stated, staying silent for a moment before speaking again. "I was too." An act of appreciation from K2 was extremely rare so with the softer moment from the droid, Amara knew there'd be a catch to his next words. "I would miss you...Sometimes."

"I would miss you too, Kaytoo."

A light rustle traveled from behind them to Amara's ears, causing her to turn her attention away from the computer to find the source of the sound. K2 must have heard it too because beside her, he also turned to find the noise. Jyn who had at some point boarded the ship now stood victim to their stares.

"I'm K-2SO." K2 greeted the newcomer as she dropped her bag down next to the others. Though it appeared Jyn didn't share the same need for introductions seeing as how she ignored him and instead dug through her bag for something. "I'm a reprogrammed Imperial droid."

"I remember you." Jyn stated, a bitterness ringing within her words as Amara turned back to the computer to finish putting in the coordinates for Jedha.

"I see the Council is sending you with us to Jedha." K2 spoke, for whatever reason trying to hold a conversation with the girl.

"Apparently so." Jyn confirmed as she continued to rifle through her bag in search for something unknown to Amara. 

"That is a bad idea." k2 bluntly stated causing Amara to shoot him a look. "I think so, so does Cassian." Jyn's head perked up at that. She stared at the droid for a moment before looking behind her to where Cassian stood somewhere outside. "But what do I know? My specialty is just strategic analysis."

"Ignore him." Amara said, her voice causing Jyn to look away from Cassian and towards her. "He tends to say whatever comes into his circuits, byproduct of the reprogram." She explained as she climbed up into the pilot's seat.

Cassian suddenly hopped onto the ship, making quick work to avoid Jyn and head straight for the cockpit. Amara shot him a look and tipped her head to the girl as if telling him to at least say something. Cassian rolled his eyes before speaking, "You met, Kaytoo?" 

"Charming." Jyn sarcastically replied as she fully climbed onto the ship and took a seat in one of the chairs.

"Well, he certainly is that." Amara matched Jyn's sarcasm in hopes to help the girl feel more welcomed on the trip they were about to take. 

"Why does she get a blaster and I don't?" K2 suddenly asked, causing both Cassian and Amara to look back to Jyn with wide eyes.

"What?" The two asked at the same time. And sure enough, there the weapon was, held tight within her grasp.

"I know how to use it." Jyn defended with a small shrug.

"That's what I'm afraid of." Cassian said as he walked towards her. "Give it to me." He said as he held his hand out for her to place the blaster within.

"We're going to Jedha." Jyn stated, looking up to Cassian as if he were insane. "That's a war zone."

"That's not the point." Cassian dismissed. "Where'd you get it?"

Jyn shrugged. "I found it."

"I find that answer vague and unconvincing." Kaytoo interjected. 

"Trust goes both ways."

"She's got a point, Cass." Amara said as she began to prep the ship for takeoff. "Just let her have it. She's no good to us dead anyway."

A silence filled the ship as Cassian found himself loss for words. As much as he hated to say it, Jyn was right. So with a heavy sigh, Cassian walked back into the cockpit and took the seat beside Amara's.

"Good choice." Amara approved with a small smile.

"You're letting her keep it?" K2 asked in utter shock. Cassian said nothing as he stared out the glass before them. "Would you like to know the probability of her using it against you?"

"That's enough Kaytoo." Amara said before pressing the button that sealed the cockpit off from the main body of the ship. 

But even through the metal seal, you could still hear the chime of K2's voice. "Are you just going to leave me here with her?"

"That's precisely what I'm going to do." Amara confirmed as she placed the headset onto her ears. "Now strap in, we're taking off."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 1.9K 129
You read the title. What could you possibly want from me now? Just read the damn book
3.1K 68 14
*COMPLETE* Cassian didn't expect to wake up. He had prepared himself once again for what seemed like inevitable death, although his final moments we...
Scars By Kat

Fanfiction

288 1 16
Bares more scars than most, but yet doesn't know the full story. Luna Mors has been through the most terrible things. Note: This takes place before R...
1.4K 52 25
{Completed} ROGUE ONE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!! • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • After...