Incapable of Love | IwaOiKage

By Boke_Beany

Everyone is born with a soulmate mark, placed somewhere random on your body. Some easy to cover, some hard. S... More

I'm Strong, Right?
Why am I Surprised?
Who is He?
Screams and Shouts
Seijoh Match
Cuts
Grocery Shopping
Candy
Sleepover
Nekoma
Cherries
Rewritten
All Their Fault
Memories
We Will Win
Aftermath
Hikaru
A Glance: Kindaichi
Christmas Special
The Week Isn't Over Yet
Picnic
Ferris Wheel
Alone
"Tsukki!"
A Glance: Yamaguchi
Ignore It
"Tobio?"
Goodbye
What They Asked For
Epilogue
...what's a Goody Two Shoes?
A Glance: Rei Ikumoto
Inevitable Announcement

Impress Me

11.1K 517 611
By Boke_Beany

Edit 2/12/20: I forgot to do this but thank you to drarryxloves for beta-reading this. She has the privilege of knowing irl thus she already knows the ending so pls don spoil 😔😔

————

"What're you going to talk to them about?"

Hinata sipped on his "Berry Blast" which was basically a mix of berry juices. They were waiting at the nearby cafe until 2:30 hit, then Tobio would wait at the park.

"I don't know."

"Huh?!"

"Don't know. I wanna hear them out first."

"Ahhh, ok then...."

"What are you going to do anyway?"

"Watch over you, idiot. What if he hits you?"

"Who?"

"The- THE GREAT KING!! AND ACE!!"

"Shut up- you're being too loud. And why would they hit me?" I mean, Oikawa-san maybe... but Iwaizumi -san wouldn't.

"No!! I- I mean, THERE! Great King and Ace!!!!"

Hinata pointed outside, where two boys could be seen. They seemed to have noticed Tobio, and gave what seemed to be a nervous wave. I guess it's time.

Tobio took a deep breath.

————

"Hey, Kageyama. How are you?"

Iwaizumi seemed tense, or rather nervous? Oikawa was eerily silent though.

"I'm fine. How about we sit first?"

The older boys nodded, at they sat down on a bench, Tobio sitting on a different one. Tobio could just make out Hinata sitting in the cafe.

"How are you, Iwaizumi-san? Oikawa-san?"

"We're fine, I guess. As fine as we could be after a tiring match", Iwaizumi replied. It was so weird not hearing Oikawa's voice accompanying Iwaizumi's, especially since Iwaizumi mentioned their match against Shiratorizawa which they had lost.

Iwaizumi seemed to be hesitant, trying to find a way to continue this conversation. The air was tense, and Oikawa staring daggers at Tobio didn't help.

Tobio decided to break the tension.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you the other day, and kicking you out of my house."

That seemed to break Iwaizumi from whatever dilemma he had, and he hurriedly replied.

"Ah no- no, no! It was out fault for dumping at that on you, and getting mad at you, though that was mainly Tooru."

"Hey!! Iwa-chan you brute!!"

"What? You did start yelling at him."

"I mean- yeah..." Oikawa faced Tobio again, his eyes were filled with something that Tobio has never seen before. "I'm sorry, Tobio. I really am, and I know this apology isn't enough, but I really want to make it up to you. I want- no, I need you, and I really, really am sorry. If I could backhand my past self I would..."

Tobio processed the information, taking deep breaths as to not cry.

"Why did you reject me?"

Oikawa seemed to hesitant, so Iwaizumi spoke first.

"I- I guess I was scared, panicked, or something. Tooru was panicking, and it was making me panic as well. I chose what would calm me down, what was simpler I guess, and I didn't think. I don't want to make excuses for myself, and I know I'm wrong, so please, I won't do it again.."

Tobio looked at Oikawa expectantly.

"I was jealous. You were so young, but your skill level was slowly creeping up to mine, I got scared. Especially because I know my knee isn't going to ever heal fully, which meant I was at a disadvantage, and I saw how easily you could just replace me. Then when I was switched out in that practice match, I felt even worse. When you suddenly yelped in pain and I saw your mark fill in after you accidentally touched Hajime, I felt like you were going to replace me not just in volleyball, but with everything."

Tobio gulped, blinking away the tears.

"Why? Why the sudden change of heart? You didn't care three years ago."

Tobio saw how they almost flinched at the last remark.

"We... we realized how selfish we were, and that night, the one during your final middle school match, we went to watch that."

What? They went? That means they saw-

"What they did was a bit too far, but I couldn't really hate them, I treated you horribly, so I didn't have the right to be mad." Oikawa had such a pained face that Tobio felt a pang of hurt too.

"The that night, when the wall went down, we felt... hurt, overbearing pain, and we couldn't help but think that it's our fault. We know it sounds weird, soulbond don't let us feel your emotions, just see them from out marks, but we felt something..."

"So guilt? That's why you want me?"

"What- no! Well, uh, that's a part of it, yeah. But we seriously want you back. O-of course it's totally understandable if you hate us and never want to see our faces again."

"And uh- maybe it's because of...." Oikawa's voiced trailed off.

"Huh? Because of what?" Tobio tilted his head.

"It's also because of seeing you talk with this Akaashi person...." Oikawa's voice was still slow, but Tobio could slightly pick up on what he said.

"I'm sorry", Tobio smirked, "That wasn't clear?"

Oikawa pouted, "itmaybebecauseofseeingyoutalkwiththisakaashiperson."

"Ah-ah, too fast, couldn't hear you."

"Tobio-"

"Just say it properly Shittykawa", Iwaizumi commented, though Tobio could see how he was also embarrassed.

"We were jealous of seeing you talk to this "Akaashi" guy, okay?" Oikawa huffed, but his ears were tinted red.

"I see... so you felt guilty, and jealous, and that's why you want me?"

"What- no it's- fuck" OIkawa faced Iwaizumi. "Iwa-chan, we're so bad at this."

Iwaizumi sighed. To be honest, Tobio found this amusing. He forgave them a long time ago, but he wasn't sure if he should give them a chance. Now though, he had an idea.

"We know we were wrong, Kageyama. Please, give us a chance. Can we start over again?"

Tobio saw the sincerity in their eyes, and it was time to put his plan to fruition.

————

Hajime watched as Kageyama kept a scowl on his face. He would've deemed it as cute, if it weren't for the fact that that scowl was for him and Tooru. They already apologized as best as they could -not that is was a good apology, even Hajime would admit that it was average at best- and Hajime could feel his heart start to shatter with every second that passed as Kageyama continued to frown at the two boys.

Hajime could see in the corner of his eye how Tooru was fiddling with his fingers, eyes down at the floor because he was nervous. Hajime knew he was, because he was nervous too. Kageyama could reject them like they had him, he could say how much he hated them, he could say that he never wants to even hear their name and they wouldn't blame him. They could lose him because of some stupid decisions and childish thinking. Selfish thinking.

Kageyama has been silent for around five minutes now, Hajime and Tooru equally sweating and hearts pumping, and before Hajime could open his mouth to ask if he's ok, Kageyama-

Laughed. He laughed.

The corner of his eyes wrinkled slightly, his cheeks were tinted a light pink, and the laugh itself-

God, his laugh.

It was so soft, so melodic, so beautiful. Hajime has never heard Kageyama laugh like that before; usually he would just look away and cover his mouth, no sound would ever come out.

Hajime knows Tooru felt the same way, because he whispered "Hajime", ever so softly, Kageyama still giggling in front of them.

"I'm sorry- I'm sor- Sorry, sorry" Kageyama said in between his laughs.

"Ok..." Kageyama stopped laughing, his face turning back to his resting face -which is different from his unhappy frown Hajime noticed- and Hajime stiffened.

"One week." Kageyama said, lifting his index finger. "I'll give you one week, starting tomorrow."

Kageyama stood up, ready to leave.

"I'll decide by the end of the week", Kageyama walked off toward the cafe where Hajime and Tooru saw him with the little shrimp.

He stopped mid walk, turned his face toward the two boys.

"Impress me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.2K 20
Everyone in the world is born with matching marks to their soulmates in the exact same spot, you don't want to show anyone your mark until you met yo...
1.5M 55.4K 85
[KilluaxReader] Itami /Pain, ache, sore, grief, sorrow/ Every time your soulmate gets hurt, it reflects back on you ━━ Most peoples soulmate bond was...
463K 30.7K 117
Growing up as a social person, Sora Suzuki was surrounded by love and affection- even from the most random people. Tender strokes, gentle kisses. Lov...
19.4K 557 16
~In an AU where you get a string at some point in your life at 16, which is connected to your soulmate. Only you and your soulmate can see it. The st...