Is This Family?

By caughtinacuff

Katherine Jane, a simple and sweet loving girl. Everybody loves her....No. Nobody loves her. She always thoug... More

Characters
The Wright Mansion
Chapter 1: My Story
Chapter 2: 24 Hours
Chapter 3: Family?
Chapter 4: Awkward Dinner
Chapter 5: Incident
Chapter 6: Nate
Chapter 7: Good to Worst
Chapter 8: Rain
Chapter 9: Drowned
Chapter 10: Aftermath
Chapter 11: Brandon
Chapter 12: Trust
Chapter 13: Hugs and kisses
Chapter 14: Breakfast and Bicycle
Chapter 15: Waterstones
Chapter 16: Officially on Diet
Chapter 17: All kind of pain
Chapter 18: Hospital
Chapter 19: Returning Home
Chapter 20 :First Friends
Chapter 21: Tennis
Chapter 22: The Window
Chapter 23: Life on the line
Chapter 24: Sawyer
Chapter 25: Girls Night
Chapter 26: Therapy
Chapter 27: Grounded
Chapter 28: A Memory
Chapter 29: Celebration
Chapter 30: Christmas
Chapter 31: Beau
Chapter 32: Valentine's day
Chapter 33: Wrath of Alex
Chapter 34: Comfort
Chapter 36: 15 years ago
Chapter 37: Sunset
Chapter 38: Goodbye
Chapter 39: True Happiness
Chapter 40: Sweet 16
Chapter 41: A heartfelt Discussion
Chapter 42: Crash
Chapter 43: What seems like Death
Chapter 44: Hang in there
Chapter 45: Burning in Vengeance
Chapter 46: Waking up
Chapter 47: Gabriel
Chapter 48: His Embrace
Chapter 49: Revelations
Chapter 50: Life Analyses
Chapter 51:Revenge
Chapter 52:Heartache
Chapter 53: Back to Normal
Chapter 54:Dear Diary
The Cast
SEQUEL DETAILS
Loving Gabriel
Little Flower

Chapter 35: Journey

28.4K 868 245
By caughtinacuff

Katherine Wright

Today ladies and gentlemen was my first day of mid term break. Nothing exciting but I'm glad I could finally catch a breath or 2. It's been pretty hectic. My wrist was all healed by now. Zoe was happy and healthy too. I still remember of Matt said he felt complete around Zoe. And my baby Beau had a thing for little Zoe. Matt often came by with Zo Zo to play with Bo. But I wasn't ALLOWED to visit his place. Alex thinks its NOT SAFE.

Things got a little rough between Alex and me. He started behaving odd. I wasn't allowed anywhere without Sawyer even in the estate. Now Sawyer also guarded my bedroom door. So much for privacy. He gives all the updates to Alex. I'm pretty sure he knows the number of times I go to the bathroom too. And when I confronted him about all of this he got mad at me. So now I dont talk to him unless he asks me something which to my happiness is pissing him off.

So we were currently having dinner when my dear dear eldest brother decided to break the silence.

"We are going on a vacation tomorrow." In normal circumstances I would have buried him with questions but not today. From everybody's faces I figured out that I was the only one who didn't know about this causing me to have a burst.

"Why bother telling me now? It doesn't even matter if I want to go or not." I said and stood up ready to leave. But then Alex grabbed my wrist.

"I'm not done Kat. Listen to me." I tried to get out of his hold but his strength wasn't helping. I huffed in annoyance and took my seat.

"We are going on a vacation to our private island. The others knew because we go every year to the same place at the same date for 18 days. We will be back a day before your school starts. I already asked Candice to shop for you. Now please stop being mad for no reason and let's enjoy our trip like a family."

"No reason! No reason! Im being like this because you aren't giving me reasons. You know everything about me. And me I know nothing. You asked me to come out of my shell 6 months ago. Why? So that you could push me into a web of lies. I asked you why so much protection. You gave me no reason. I asked you about our family business. Still no answers. I dont know where the money I use comes from. I asked you about OUR FATHER! OUR FATHER! And still no answers. I'm sick of it. And you want me to enjoy a fucking vacation with you. Some nerve you got there!"

"I'm not lieing to you." He said in his normal cold voice. Void of any emotion.

"Oh yeah! Well not saying anything else doesn't make it any better." And with that I took off to the confines of my room.

I got a text from Candice. If you haven't figured out yet. Candice is our 23 year old personal shopper, event manager, party organizer and the list goes on. She was great. She has the best taste in fashion. I trusted her  with my clothes. She was a great friend too. I had met her 4 times and we hit it off immediately. She loved the idea for finally being able to shop for a girl. She said she was coming over with my things tomorrow and than she could help me pack which I was grateful for. Dont get me wrong I'm perfectly okay with packing for myself but I really needed girl time as Val and Ness were visiting their family friends in Germany. God I miss them. My brothers didn't bother me the rest of the night as they wanted me to give some space.

The next more I went for a run and then headed for breakfast.

"Good morning sweet cheeks." Nate said hugging me.

"I'm sweaty." I said and giggled.

"No you're cuddly unlike the rest of the grumpy pants walking around." He said in his sleepy voice.

And then Arena, our A.I. of the house which Alex got installed as a Christmas present to all of us announced Candice's arrival and that  she was already in my room waiting for me. I was leaving tonight and I still had no idea what I would be wearing for the next 18 days. I dont want to sound like a rich snob but I really had nothing to wear on a beach.

"Kat!" She said and hugged me.

"Candice I'm so happy to see you."

"Me too! OMG I have so many things for you." And then I looked around.

"Candice! I have my room somewhere below this!" I said looking at what seemed like a room filled with so many shopping bags that I didn't even tried to count them.

"Oh common. It's not that much. Beside 18 days! You need so many things." Let's try out some stuff and then we can pack.

By the time I was done I was so tired. I had tried so many clothes that I didn't even want to pick up another garment laid on the floor. Finally we were done. My 3 white matching suitcases and a brown leather travel backpack were all set in the corner of my room. Candice also picked an outfit for me which was warm enough for the airplane. We then said our God and she left.

It was around lunch time and I went downstairs to find Hayden.

"Wow. Candice does believe in shop till you drop."

"No Candice believes in shop till you're dead." I groaned and fell on the couch like a dropped corpse. Haydes chuckled.

"We didn't talk about yesterday." He said taking a seat next to me.

"There is nothing to talk about." I said looking away.

"There is always someone to tell. Tell me as a friend. Forget I'm your brother." I knew he wasn't gonna let this slide. So straightened up and took a sharp breath.

" I dont understand Alex."

"No one does." He said placing a hand on around me.

"One moment he is all caring and loving and the next he goes all feral on me. And when I expect an explanation he doesn't give me one. He always hides stuff from me like I'm an outsider and I feel like I dont belong in the family."

"That is not true. You are family. No one can go against that. And I know Alex for a longer while then you. He loves you Kat. Probably more than us too. He would never let any harm come to you. Trust when I say he does everything for you. You bring out this softness in him which he didn't knew existed. Give things some time. Maybe this trip will help you both."

"Yeah maybe." I said and snuggled into him.

"As for now. Since you feel left out I want to tell you something no one knows. But it's a secret. No one can know. Bot now at least. I want to tell them there on the island. But I want to tell you now."

"Really! Tell me!" I said excited to know what he had to say.

"Okay. So dont freak out or anything bit I might...have...asked....annatobemygirlfriend"

"Huh?" I asked not understanding the last part.

"Iaskedannatobemygirlfriend."

"Oh god. Hayde! Speak clearly." He took in a breath.

"I asked Anna to be my girlfriend."

"OHMYGODD! OHMYGOD! Its happening its happening. Did she say yes?" My happiness knew no boundaries. I was so happy for them.

"She did." I hugged him so tight and rambled about how happy I was. He then told me to remember our deal and to not tell anyone. We then just sat there. And within a few minutes I was out like a light.

I woke up to someone caressing my hair.

"Wake up baby. Its 5. We leave for the airport in an hour." I heard someone saying.

"Nate you gotta wake her up. Not put her back to sleep."

I groaned and placed my feet on the ground. I was in my bedroom. Hayde probably brought me up here.

I stood up and brushed my teeth. I washed my face and put on some lip gloss and eyeliner and wore my outfit which consisted of a black leggings and a black sleeveless top along with a wool knitted green shrug. I didn't wanted to go through the pain of wearing jeans while traveling. I let my wavy hair loose. I was still sleepy but also hungry as I missed my lunch.

I saw my backpack on the bed which means my luggage was already taken. I grabbed my phone and bag and went downstairs. My brothers were all ready in a bit casual clothing than usual.

"Kat you look pretty."

"Thanks."

"Okay so all of you handover all of your electronics." Alex said.

"Wait. What! Why?" I asked. Why does he want our stuff.

"Um...its a rule. So everyone spends more time with each other." Leo said.

"That's the worst excuse I have ever heard. But as usual you guys wont tell me a thing." I said glaring at Alex who totally ignored my looks.

"Anyways. Here you go." I said handing over my Macbook ipad and iPhone along with chargers and airpods.

I decided to go in Hayden's car rather than Alex's. We soon arrived at what looked like a private terminal. And then I saw the most amazing plane I had ever seen.

It was white along with green with black bold letters which read 'WRIGHT'. I was awestruck. My filthy rich brothers are so over the top.

We boarded the plane and had our dinner. And then I spent time watching the city lights from the window. Alex and Hayden were discussing something. Nate and the twins were watching some movie on the huge television screen. I was still very sleepy so placed my head in Leo's lap who was reading something. He instantly placed his big tattooed hand on my head and stroked it softly. I feel asleep soon.

Someone was waking me up. Again. Aagh. I groaned and woke up. It was Silas telling me we were about to land in an hour. I looked at Leo who slept with his head tilted backwards and mouth partly open like a little baby. He looked cute. All of my brothers looked scary but Leo was worse. With his sharp jawline, tattoo claud arms and the icy stare took things to another level. Not to mention I was scared of him the most in my first few days in London. But watching him looking so cute. I couldn't help but smile ear to ear.

We all landed smoothly and said our goodbyes to the handsome pilot and warm staff. Some cars were waiting for us. We drove for like an hour which now started to irritate me.

"Are we there yet?" I asked annoyed.

"Calm down Kat. Not yet." Left home for the last 16 hours and we still aren't there. Soon the car stopped and we arrived at a....helipad? Gosh no more flying!

There to my much dismay stood a stylish silver chopper in all its glory. But there was no sign of the pilot or any other human being as a matter of fact.

"Who's flying that?" I asked pointing at the chopper.

"I am." Alex answered. He knew how to fly a chopper! I had the urge to question him but decided against it.

We all hopped in. Never in my life did I thought I would flying in a chopper and a private plane to a private island all in one day. I enjoyed the view outside. The sea looked so pretty from up here. I wish I had my phone or my camera to capture the beautiful scenery.

The ride was fun. I saw the island from on the top. It was beautiful. With thick forests and sandy land surrounding it. I could also see a huge house as we descended down to land.

Leo grabbed waist and helped me get down and then we started walking towards the house which was a mansion actually. I removed my shoes not wanting the sand to go in. So did the others. The main door was open which surprised me. Maybe the house help. I ignored my thought train and walked into the beautiful home. Which was all white and woody inside. I slow twirled around to take in my surroundings with my mouth open. And then I heard

"How are my young lions doing? " I heard a masculine voice boom through the house. I turned around instantly and met with a pair of brown eyes. The eyes I craved to see for once in real. The one I admired everyday in the photograph on my side table. There he was. Finally. In front of me in flesh. With the very single ounce of courage left in me I called him out.

"Dad?"

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Hello readers!  I'm so so so sorry. I know you all must be so mad at me. But km really sorry. I meet with an accident. I slipped in the bathroom and hit my head. I was in the hospital for 5 days and I couldn't stare at anything for more than 10 seconds. I am better now. My head still hurts. I read all your comments today. They lightened up my gloomy mood but sorry I couldn't reply. Thank you so much for support my work. Please forgive me. I love you all. I hope you know that. Please keep reading.

Lots of love
Writer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 145 19
Stuck. That's how Athena felt in her life. Stuck with no light at the end of the tunnel. Athena's friends were her only outlet in the shitty town she...
6.2M 182K 76
Being thrown away in the garbage in a dark alleyway in London when she was only a baby, she should have died that day... But she didn't.. instead, a...
4.7K 391 10
"You think you can take her away from me?....Touch her and you'll be begging for death the next minute" -------- "Get your filthy hands away from my...
170K 6.9K 71
**READ CAT & HER FIRST LOVE BEFORE READING THIS** Catherine: They say that true love is selfless, that it's always prepared to sacrifice one's own h...