Ain't an Ordinary Girl

Por TooLazy2Move

Vrylle, a seventeen-year-old girl is your typical anti-social. With no trusted friends to speak of, she finds... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 07

625 28 0
Por TooLazy2Move

Not like the original host of the body, Vrylle was no genius and only rely on her hard-assed work to obtain what she was aiming for.

Therefore, in her previous life, Vrylle worked so hard to get high grades, but outside her academic performance, even if she worked extra hard, Vrylle does not know why she cannot grasp the thing she was reaching.

Back then, for her extracurricular, Vrylle took her first sport, which was judo. Days after days of practice felt hellish for her, but she persevered, so when the day comes that she finally finished the first phase and felt happy, Vrylle had no idea and noticed quite late that the other students who joined the same time as her were already advanced to the next level and left her far behind.

Then, just when the next instant, as if students around her were only waiting for her pitiful reaction, Vrylle was mocked then verbally bullied, and although it wasn't physical, and verbal harassment does not even hurt or provoke her, Vrylle still chose to leave without any second thoughts, causing her to drop the session and just moved to another sports.

But whichever sports or martial arts she selected after that, the same outcome continued to happen.

That was when she thought that what has happened to her was a scheme those kids cooked up. They want her to suffer, felt a little achievement at the beginning, but right after that, all what was left was failure.

Vrylle doesn't care, though, since at least she gained something.

Thus, though she cannot hone it and what she gained were only basics, it came quite handy for her, using it for self-defence whenever a sudden incident occurred in their place, Swellgoon Street. However, although Vrylle labeled it as 'sudden', it was more accurate to say it 'often' and 'normal' occurrences.

Well, you see, Swellgoon Street was a home of a lowly, trashy, and no future people. Drunkards, pushers, prostitutes, addicts, thieves, gangsters and other more so-called societies cancers' lived altogether in that hellhole.

The trash of society in that city were dumped in that place, and there, they could do anything as they please as long as they did not bring with them that nasty attitude outside their turf.

That very reason why all the students in school looks vicious and condemnable on her. Because Vrylle was originally from that place.

Swellgoon Street, although it was a place houses trashy people with no clear future ahead of them, it was fifth in Eidburgh City which has a wide territorial area that can accommodate thousands of families. In that case, it has their own jurisdictions to follow, own rules and regulations, and as long as no one, even Vrylle herself, bent nor break it, people there could say they were safe and can still continue to live.

Rule breakers' punishment was instant death. It doesn't matter how light or serious their offence are since the punishment would still be the same. The only small difference was: how or what kind of death the authorities will grant them.

Vrylle had lived her life in that hellish place since birth, and managed to kept herself sane and alive every single day despite all the threats that was literally surrounding her. Yet ironically and opposite to her concern, Vrylle did not die in that place, but to where she felt sheltered and safe.

Life was sucks sometimes.

"You did great as always, Lady Vrylle." Leana praised, smiling proudly at her.

Leana Estoker, 18 years old, was Viscount Raymart Estoker's only child. She was engaged with Count Amore's third son which was two years younger than her. Furthermore, despite her young age of eighteen, she really has talent to embroidery, that was why she was the one Vrylle chose to replace the former tutor the original host has.

Vrylle had never, even once, experienced any discomfort since her classes started, and it was all thanks to the original host's knowledge that's everything from her previous years of lessons flowed into her mind.

It wasn't only that, even the behaviour and manners of aristocracy naturally came to her, so classes such as: Etiquette, Ethics, and Philosophy wasn't that hard for Vrylle to follow through.

It really became a big help.

"Thank you, Lady Leana. You flatter me."

Vrylle smiled back at the lady then refocused her attention to the handkerchief's embroidery.

The fine threads she used to it, and the detailed art which was a beautiful three-headed sunflower without any stems on them with five scattered different sizes of leaves, accommodates almost half of the silky white handkerchief.

As to what Vrylle knew, sunflowers represents the sun and reflect happiness, warmth and growth. It also has strong historical ties to ancient cultures. And since Vrylle seeks adventure, she assumed it will be a good reminder for her, so whenever she sees the embroidery of the handkerchief, her resolve would never waver.

"Lady Vrylle, I... I shouldn't be saying this but... there were rumors about you. One of them was... uhm... you refuse all the letters requested you for marriage. By any chance, w-was it true?"

A smile on Vrylle's face immediately fades away as she heard Leana's words. Lifting her face up with a calm reaction while looking at the lady straight in the eye, an invisible question mark float above her head as Vrylle saw how Leana's brown orbs retracted before averting her eyes on her, lowering her head.

Was her calm face scary? She wondered.

"Well, I do not know what you are talking about, but I cannot say if it's a lie or a truth." She answered, and a faint smile broke from her lips. "You see, all I know is... if I did not find the person I was looking for, I preferred to be single for the rest of my life."

It was not an exaggeration. What Vrylle said to Leana was hardly true.

Vrylle doesn't want to be involved into a political marriage. She wanted to marry a person whom she loved with all her heart, not just anyone who they chose for her because of some matters that concerns power and hierarchy. And also, even with foolish thinking, Vrylle was hoping to see 'him' in this world.

She just hoped it would be possible.

"Lady Vrylle? A,Are you okay?"

Vrylle just smiled to Leana but did not bother to answer her. Saying no more words, she started to sort out her things and put them inside her embroidery box in an organized way.

Today's lesson ended so quickly since Vrylle was as too focused on her embroidered handkerchief, making sure it'll be perfect, and thank goodness that it really is. She also already gave Ezra an embroidered handkerchief three days ago, and yesterday she gave another embroidered handkerchief to Everett.

Ezra's handkerchief was a deep sky blue in colour, while Everett's was a little light, baby blue, but rather than that shade difference, the design she chose, which was the Auburne's family crest, a head of a black dragon with five horns acting as its crown with a silver shield at its back, and with her name and theirs on the opposite side of the crest, were finely embroidered.

Back when she was still doing the embroidery, either the needle pricked her finger or her palm got cramped, Vrylle had to kept going, only taking rest for a few minutes then resumed.

But it was all few days ago now.

The handkerchief, though, was her early presents for them, and she really had to gave it away, so it could hold a sentimental value in time passes.

Vrylle knew she still had to wait, but five years could also be so quick if she did not pay much attention to each passing days. When her debut on society arrives, that would also be the day that she will take a new path.

Vrylle had already decided to do it, so even when the Duke or the young Paladin dismisses that very choice of hers, Vrylle had a leeway, a strategy she hid very carefully under her sleeve.

"Today's lesson was interesting. Thank you, Lady Leana."

The lady responded in a very polite yet suspicious tone before excusing herself. Shrugging the sense of foreboding, Vrylle picked up her embroidery box and asked Merida to escort her back to her chamber, while the other maids remained to clean up the table and put away the tableware they used.

After this lesson, Vrylle had to go to the Auction House with the young Paladin since it was listed on her today's schedule. Then after that, she can finally relax.

Vrylle had no choice but to pushed back some of her classes for the next day since today was the day she had been waiting for. She did not know what will happen after her body suddenly received an Energy, so Vrylle had no choice but to isolate herself for the time being after visiting the auction.

She must prepare herself for the worst.

When Merida and Vrylle finally reached and entered her chamber, she carefully stored the embroidery box to its rightful place then asked Merida to help her change into a more comfortable and light-coloured dress, instructing her that the dress should not be too eye-catching, but also not that simple-looking either.

Vrylle just don't want any weird rumors floating around just because of her way of clothing.

Ladies in this kind of society sometimes make trivial matter into something else, that was why she needed to keep her thoughts in check, so her family's reputation and credibility will not plummet into the ground just because of her own ignorance.

"Merida?"

"Yes, M'Lady?"

"These past few days, haven't you heard any weird rumors concerning me?"

Merida stops on her tracks from leashing the pink-coloured satin ribbon around Vrylle's waistline. And even though it only lasted for a quick seconds and the attendant regained her composure back, doing a quick knot of a ribbon that tied on little girl's back, Merida knew that that gesture she did alone gives her away.

Indeed, she had heard something, rumors about the Young Miss she had been serving. She doesn't want to hide it, though, she just didn't want the innocent and adorable Vrylle heard such rubbish.

"Merida. I am asking you."

Vrylle, whose fully aware of Merida's intention but still wanted to know the rumors, had no choice but to put an intimidating gaze and a pressuring speech for Merida to answer her.

Truth be told, Vrylle does not have any idea what were those rumors are. She had been drow- what she mean, dedicating herself to all of her classes and paid more attention to partake in those 'not that important' gatherings the ladies invited her to, just to not look snobbish.

But who would have thought that after all that considerations she took account into, strange rumors made by 'whoever those ladies are' were now floating in the air.

If it was a serious matter, Vrylle don't think she will let this slide. Not to mention that it was her family's honour that was on the line. But if it was trivial, she will let it be.

"M'Lady... that is... the rumors..."

Then, Merida told her what rumors she had heard for quite a while now. As to what the attendant said, the Esteemed Lady of the House of Auburne, which was Vrylle herself, is 'so' perfect that she cannot just choose anyone. And even which houses those sons belongs to, if it isn't in a ducal house same as Vrylle's family or perhaps a prince, she will never consider any letter asking for her hand.

Other rumor floating was, as Merida added, Vrylle was too precious to be married away, that was why the Duke, Ezra, and even the young Paladin, Everett, flatly rejecting anyone who offers them that kind of subject.

After hearing Merida out, Vrylle does not know if she would laugh or cry. She doesn't even know if in which kind of category should she put those rumors are, just to labeled them. And her sense of foreboding? Ugh. Vrylle carelessly fanned the fire now. She just hoped Leana wasn't that kind of Lady.

"Done, M'Lady."

A sigh later, Vrylle stood up on her seat and looked on her reflection in the mirror. A little while ago when Merida narrating her those rumors, as if she was just reading her a novel, the attendant's hands kept working and did not laze around, so now Vrylle was well-prepared.

The white sheer cotton that made out of her dress were trimmed in the same pink satin ribbon that was wrapped around her waist.

Its little sleeves were semitransparent, and the band collar with rounded ends that do not quite meet at the center front has a cute and small flower shaped brooch adorned with pink jewels as its petals, pinned at both sides.

Her footwear, which was a white dress slipper, was made of satin and has a complex design that perfectly matches the dress.

Then, Merida styled her long, black hair into a little loose French braid, starts from the crown of her head to the nape of her neck all the way down and ended three inches before it reached the tip of her hair.

Her bangs were naturally covering her forehead, and a thin layer of loose hair at each sides of her chubby cheeks near her ears were slightly curled.

Merida wanted her Young Miss to wear a leghorn bonnet and jewelries too, to compliment her look and the dress. But Vrylle declined and left the room without wearing any of it, even a single necklace or a pair of earrings or bracelet or ring.

Just so to say, the dress she was now wearing was already stuffy, let alone summer season has arrived, meaning it was too hot and Vrylle cannot afford to add any jewellery to weigh her down even more. The dress was already enough, and wearing a bonnet over her head surely not going help either, it will only make things worse.

Just by imagining the leghorn bonnet that was not only sitting on top of her head but literally wrapping it... ugh... Vrylle can't help but groaned.

In this kind of season back on Earth, Vrylle would just wear a cotton shorts and sleeveless shirt then styled her hair into a bun then tada! She was done and felt refreshed at the same time!

Vrylle starting to dislike summer now. She slowly felt like melting...

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

46.3K 4.7K 97
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
85.9K 2.6K 52
What kind was there before the fae we know today? A story where our Inner Circle finds a fairy not a fae. AzrielxOC 18+ First uploaded: 15/9 2023
55K 4.2K 53
In their previous life, taehyung had been overweight. His face was covered in acne. Yet jungkook still forcefully ate him up. Exactly how much did h...