When Hate Turns to Love

By Catiebuggggy

Nini Salazar-Roberts, a single mother of twins always tries to do right by her kids. What happens when she me... More

A/N
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch 8.
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
A/N
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch. 41
Ch. 42
Ch. 43
Ch. 44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch. 47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch. 50
Ch. 51
Ch. 52
Ch. 53
Ch. 54
Ch. 55
Ch. 56
Ch. 57
Ch. 58
A/N
A/N
SEQUEL

Ch. 36

1.4K 45 9
By Catiebuggggy

Kourtney rang the doorbell of Ricky's house. Red quickly opened the door.

"Hey Kourt!" he greeted.

"Must you act like a puppy every time you say hello to someone?" Kourtney said scathingly, entering the house.

Red shrugged. It irritated Kourt that she was unable to shake up the man-child. She was Kourtney Greene for god's sake, she could shake up anyone.

"I need your help again." she said.

"What now?" He asked, rolling his eyes.

"I need help finding out exactly what Brookelynn's schedule looks like. What she does say by day and who she spends her time with." Kourtney told him.

"You know, I might have to start charging you for my services. This might be getting out of hand." He joked.

Kourt just gave him a stern look and punched him in the shoulder.

"Or not." He groaned, rubbing the sore spot.

They worked in silence for a while until he finally exclaimed, "got it!" Looking at Kourtney and pointing to the screen.

LINE BREAK

Nini woke up before her alarm the next morning. She smiled when she realized that all four of them had fallen asleep together. She was sad that it was Monday and they couldn't lounge around. She found herself thinking about how nice it would be to wake up like this every morning. Ricky opened his eyes slowly.

"Hey." she said softly.

"Hey." he whispered back, gently moving Connor off his chest, "Sorry."

"It's ok. We all fell asleep." she said, reaching over Charlotte to run her hand through her boyfriend's unruly curls.

He caught her hand and kissed it.

"I like this." he said.

"Me too." Nini said, feeling her face flush.

She jumped when her alarm started screaming. She quickly shut it off, but her kids were waking up.

"Ricky!" Connor said gleefully, throwing his arms around Ricky.

"Good morning Little Man." he said.

Charlotte stretched and yawned. Ricky leaned over the little boy to kiss Charlotte on the top of her head.

"Good morning to you too Princess."

Charlotte just waved, not quite awake. Nini and Ricky laughed.

"Come guys. Time to get ready for school." Nini said, getting off the bed and lifting Charlotte down.

Ricky did the same and helped Connor.

"I don't wanna go to school." Connor pouted.

"Go." Nini said sternly, "Get dressed, I'll get breakfast started."

"Will you eat with us Ricky?" Charlotte asked.

"You bet. But only if you go get ready for school."

The twins ran out of the room.

"I just love how they only listen to you." Ricky said, amused.

She was working on the waffles when he came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her middle and setting his chin on her shoulder. She giggled when his breath tickled her neck.

"Ricky." she said in a warning tone.

"I love you." he said.

She turned her head and kissed his cheek.

"I love you too." she said, "Now behave. You can set the table."

"Yes ma'am." he said, reluctantly letting go.

Breakfast was wonderfully engaging. Charlotte and Connor were so happy that Ricky was there. Her heart warmed at the sight of Ricky cutting up Connor's waffles for him. Nini decided that she was going to let herself pretend. She deserved it.

"Who wants more syrup?" she asked.

Three full mouths asked for more.

LINE BREAK

Nini was looking at house listings online when her cell rang.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey Nins." Kourt said, "We've got a plan."

"We?" she asked.

"Yes, we. Red and I."

Nini grinned.

"Really?! That's great. What did you find out?" Nini asked her best friend.

"Brookelynn goes to the hair salon every third Monday. She'll be downtown this afternoon. EJ has a meeting. He won't be around."

"Have you called Mr. Mazzara?" Nini asked, not wanting to incur the lawyer's wrath again.

"Yes. He's notifying the Heethuis'. Mrs. Heethuis now has an appointment and Mr. Heethuis is just going to be waiting there."

"Ok. We can't be there. Brookelynn will recognize us." Nini said.

"I know. That's why I'm sending Red in with his video camera and he'll set up so we can watch on the computer."

"He'll do that for us?" Nini asked.

"That man treats you like his sister. I'm pretty sure he'd do anything to help you out." Kourt said.

Nini bit her lip, but gave a small smile.

"I'll set up in the practice room." Nini said, "I'll see you in a bit. Bye."

"Bye."

Nini hit 'end' and then dialed another number. She informed Ricky of what was going on. He informed her that he had to go to Australia for a few concerts.

"Good luck." he said.

"You too." she said, "We'll miss you."

"I'll miss you guys too. Keep me updated."

"Alright. Love you."

"Love you too darling."

LINE BREAK

Red positioned himself inside the salon, telling the hairdressers he was filming a documentary. They were, of course, flattered and allowed him to sit in the corner. He began filming when Brookelynn Caswell entered the shop.

"Hello Mrs. Caswell." said one of the hairdressers, named Cleo.

"Hello Cleo." Brookelynn said quietly.

Red filmed Brookelynn getting her hair washed and sitting in one of the booths. The bell attached to the door rang and Mrs. Heethuis entered with her husband. Red gave them a discreet nod. Brookelynn was facing away from them, but Red could tell by the way the color drained from her face, she had spotted her parents in the mirror in front of her. Mrs. and Mr. Heethuis had seen her as well, but followed Mr. Mazzara's instructions not to engage immediately, so they pretended not to notice her.

"I'm here for my 5 o'clock appointment." Mrs. Heethuis said, her voice uneven.

"Yes, of course, right this way." the other hairdresser, Lucy said.

Mrs. Heethuis struggled to walk past her daughter to the wash basin.

"Doing well." Mr. Heethuis muttered from beside Red.

It was only when Mrs. Heethuis was sat next to Brookelynn that she reacted.

"Brookelynn?" she gasped.

"M-mom?" Brooke stammered.

She looked ready to run. Red really hoped she wouldn't, Kourtney would be so disappointed.

"You know each other?" Cleo said pleasantly.

The hairdressers were confused when the older couple descended on Brookelynn, hugging her tightly.

"We have missed you so much sweetheart." Mrs. Heethuis said, tears running down her face.

Mr. Heethuis struggled to remain stoic.

"I-I missed you too." Brookelynn said.

"Where have you been?" Mr. Heethuis asked, even though he knew the answer.

"I-I got married." she said, her voice becoming robotic, "To a wonderful man. I love him very much. He takes care of me."

Mr. Heethuis clenched his fist at his side. This wasn't his daughter. His daughter was bright, happy and vibrant. This girl was cold and her eyes were filled to the brim with fright.

"Can we meet him?" he gritted out.

"No!" Brookelynn exclaimed, jumping up, "I mean, he's a very private person."

Mrs. Heethuis hugged her daughter. Brookelynn let out a hiss of pain.

"What's wrong?" she asked her daughter.

"I-uh-just a bad trip down the stairs." Brookelynn quickly said, "I'm fine."

Mr. Heethuis put a hand on Brookelynn's back and she winced.

"Come home Brookelynn." he begged, "Come be safe."

Brookelynn's eyes opened wide when she realized that her parents knew what EJ was doing to her. But she remembered all of his horrible promises should she ever say anything.

"I don't know what you are talking about." she said, "I have to go. I'll reschedule Cleo."

Brookelynn practically ran out of the salon. Mrs. Heethuis moved to go after her, but Allan stopped her.

"If he sees us, she's in more danger."

Back at the Melody Mart, Nini let out a sigh.

"The balls in Brookelynn's court now." she said to Kourtney.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 4K 43
*sequel to all alone without you* *spoilers in description* two years after the accident, nina went back to la and is now engaged to her fiancรฉ elija...
112K 4K 40
sequel to ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ฃ๐š๐ซ. in which ricky and nini try to endure their relationships through horrid & spine-chilling hardships, while nini slowl...
50.1K 992 16
Ricky Bowen and Nini Salazar-Roberts have hated each other since the day they met, much to the disklike of their friends. If they hate each other so...
202K 5.3K 60
๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ง๐™ž๐™ซ๐™–๐™ก ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ-๐™ง๐™ค๐™—๐™š๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™›๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™™๐™ค๐™š๐™จ๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™š๐™š๐™ข ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™›๐™–๐™˜๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ง๐™ž๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™ง๐™™...