Thank You Officer Tamura

By heavenandhighwater

Suga and Daichi haven't spoken in seven years, they've grown apart and have started to make peace with that... More

Daichi-san
Friends?
That Snake Endo
Face Painting
Would You Be Mad?
Peachy
Four Days
Wednesday
Fuck
Finally

Wine

115 2 0
By heavenandhighwater

Kaneko offered to finish up at the school and allowed Suga to leave earlier so he could get ready for his date. He climbed into his car and began the commute home, grateful that it would eat into the time he had to wait but still desperate for time to move faster. Suga constantly glanced at the clock, overly-conscious of the time that wasn't passing. Now that the date had moved over to Daichi's house, he was even more excited but filled with a new level of anxieties. A restaurant would have been public and less intimate, which meant that Suga wouldn't have had to worry about dumb things like how he smelt. He began stressing about other things as well like what he would wear. At first he was going to wear a nice shirt and trousers but it then felt too formal and like it would make him uncomfortable. He wanted to make sure that he looked nice but that he'd also be comfortable in case things moved away from the table.

Once Suga was in, he headed straight for the shower to obsessively clean and then re-clean himself after already spending five minutes deciding wish body wash he wanted to use. Eventually he settled on vanilla, hoping it would pair well with his floral shampoo. When he was sure that there was no way that he could get any cleaner, he left the shower and took note of the time on his phone. He still had forty minutes. He groaned internally and made his way over to his bedroom.

Suga towel-dried his hair gently and wrapped himself in his robe, before standing in front of his open closet. He ran his eyes across the rails trying to conclude what would be perfect to wear. He contemplated jeans but they felt too casual and trousers felt too formal. Then, he thought maybe he could dress the jeans up or dress the trousers down but he couldn't quite figure out how to do it. Suga was about to call Daichi in tears and say the date was off, when his hands brushed against something at the back.

He'd never worn it and honestly didn't even want to buy it but Asahi insisted, saying that he pulled it off. Despite parting with an absurd amount of money, it still remained at the back of his closet with the tags attached. It was a jumpsuit, made of a soft black material with drawstrings on the waist. It sat tight against his chest and waist but the legs were wide and flared slightly, stopping at the top of his shins.

Suga spun in the jumpsuit, admiring his reflection in the mirror as he did so. It was a little outside the comfort zone of what he usually wore but it was definitely comfortable and the way it accented his waist and bum was only a bonus. He felt that it was dressy enough but he could totally go grocery shopping in it so it wasn't too much. He rifled through the bottom of his closet, pulling out a pair of white shoes he'd barely ever worn and a light grey shacket to throw on in case he got cold.

He was about to leave, deciding he would just take a slow drive over to Daichi's when he suddenly remembered about the jumper. He'd washed it after borrowing it but he couldn't actually remember where'd he put it. Logically, it should have been in his laundry room but when he checked, it wasn't there. He searched through the baskets and cupboards in there, completely confused as to where it could be. When he began to panic, he took a leap of faith and began rifling through his own things.

He eventually found it, tucked between some pyjama pants and a hoodie of his own. Suga smiled, pulling the jumper into his chest. He must have put it away out of habit. It was a small, simple mistake but the thought of one day putting Daichi's clothes away with his because they lived together and that's where they went warmed Suga's heart.

Suga spent so much time day-dreaming that he ended up leaving late, sprinting to his car and driving like a mad man through traffic.

Meanwhile, Daichi had begun to worry about where he'd got to. He didn't want dinner to be ready for five as that seemed a little early, instead choosing to prep the ingredients and start the cooking once Suga arrived. Once it was quarter past, Daichi began going crazy. He was sure he'd been stood up or that something awful had happened and he was reaching for his phone to make the call when there was a light tapping at his door. He waited a second, trying to convince himself and the man on the other side that he hadn't been sat by it for the last half an hour, before pulling the door open and being met by an angel.

Suga was stood, his feet turned in awkwardly and his hands clutching Daichi's jumper, in a damn jumpsuit. The colours he was working with complemented his skin and hair tone whilst the jumpsuit hugged in all the right places. If Daichi hadn't been such a gentlemen and so eager to finally be on a date with Suga, he would have jumped him at the door and dragged him away to the bedroom. The smaller man squirmed under his gaze and Daichi realised he was yet to say anything.

"You look incredible, Suga."

Suga blushed deeply and croaked out a response.

"You too, I like your outfit a lot."

Daichi smiled, glad that the small risk he took had paid off. He was wearing the usual trousers, in midnight black and he'd paired it with a deep maroon turtle neck that was tight-fitting and wrapped snuggly around his muscles. Suga couldn't help but admire the rippling muscles under the clingy fabric and prayed that his staring wasn't too obvious.

"Um, here, your jumper. Thank you for letting me wear it." Suga said, thrusting it towards Daichi.

"Oh, thank you. I appreciate it but honestly you could have kept it."

Daichi placed it down on the side table and Suga's heart fluttered. He wished he'd kept it. Instead of snatching the jumper back like he wanted, he slipped his shoes off and followed Daichi who was leading him in the direction of the kitchen.

"Drink?" Daichi asked.

"Yes, please." Suga smiled, taking perch behind the breakfast bar.

Daichi poured two large glasses of red wine and placed one in front of Suga. He'd remembered that Suga hated white but could live off of red without being asked so he'd gone out especially and consulted the woman in the shop about which wine was the nicest. Thankfully, she was a red drinker and recommended three different ones to Daichi who panicked and bought them all. Upon recounting the story to Suga, he laughed and informed him that the lady had excellent taste. Daichi agreed, taking a sip and turning his attention towards the cooking.

Suga became absorbed in the way his hands moved effortlessly, knowing exactly what he needed to do and not looking at the recipe book once. The flex of his muscles under the turtleneck was making in the heat rise in his cheeks so he focused on the glass in front of him and did his best to not look at the taller man's back.

"So, what can I expect tonight?" Suga smirked, placing his chin on top of his hands.

"Food wise or in general?" Daichi asked over his shoulder.

"Oooo, hard question? Tell me both."

"Well you can expect delicious food, incredible company" The brunette smiled, stopping his meal prep to turn and walk towards his date. "and plenty of kisses."

Daichi leaned across the breakfast bar, pressing a soft kiss to Suga's lips.

"I have been waiting for you to do that since Kaneko interrupted us." Suga sighed against his lips.

They met again, this time exchanging more passion than before. It was a little hungry and Daichi was demanding, his hand sliding across Suga's cheek to thread fingers into his soft hair. The older man hummed with satisfaction and rose out of his seat slightly to press himself closer. Teeth clashed and lips moved sloppily in a quick rhythm.

"We should stop." Daichi said, breaking away. "I promised myself that I'd feed you before I jumped you."

"Oh, so you thought about jumping me?" Suga smirked.

"Don't get cheeky."

Suga chuckled, watching the man in front of him return to cooking their dinner. As Daichi prepared dinner, they chatted aimlessly about whatever they felt like and Suga finished his glass of wine, quickly moving to a second. There was a domestic atmosphere to the evening, Suga with his drink and Daichi working over the stove felt homely and was something they could see themselves doing for a long time. Daichi was enjoying cooking for Suga and Suga was more than happy to put his feet up with a glass of wine.

"You're too good Daichi, cooking for me after you had to deal with that class all day. Are you sure you don't need any help?"

"Honestly Suga, it's fine. I'm happy to do this. Besides, you deal with kids every day."

"Not those kinds of kids." Suga laughed, moving round to Daichi's side and peer at what he was doing.

"Want to stir?" Daichi asked, offering him the spoon.

Suga's face lit up as he took the wooden spoon and began stirring the food in the pan, he was kind of useless at cooking but he liked feeling useful. Daichi looked down at him lovingly and wrapped his arms around him, resting his chin on his shoulder. Suga smiled and turned his head to look at his date. He liked feeling useful but even more than that, he liked the feel of Daichi's thick arms around his middle.

"Okay, well it's pretty much done now so go sit your handsome butt down and I'll plate it up. Thank you for the help."

Suga giggled and made his way over to the dining table, sitting down and sipping his wine. Daichi approached a few moments later with two plates of hot food. Suga's eyes could have filled with tears when he looked down at the plate but he didn't want to seem like a sap. Mapo tofu and he could bet that it was extra spicy. Suga thanked Daichi and began eating, letting the tofu sit on his tongue and make his mouth prick with tingles. He would never tell his mum but it was simply the best mapo tofu he'd ever eaten, it had just the right amount of kick and the flavours were combining in his mouth. In the end, all he could do to congratulate Daichi was moan.

"That good, huh?" Daichi teased.

"I don't think you have any comprehension of how much I love this dish. What recipe is this, it's so good?"

Daichi didn't respond, instead tapping the side of his nose as is to say 'you'll never know'. Joke was on him though because Suga was more than willing to marry him on the spot for the tofu recipe alone. Suga continued to praise Daichi's cooking throughout the meal, despite the cook himself telling him to stop. The meal was pleasant, they laughed a lot and even after the plates were empty, they continued talking and sipping wine.

"Oh, I'm out." Suga mumbled, sadly, looking down at his empty wine glass. "And the bottle's empty."

"I have another bottle. Want some?"

"Very much so."

"You might want to slow your roll Suga, you still have work tomorrow." Daichi stated, pulling the cork on the wine and pouring the liquid through an aerator.

"That's exactly why I am drinking." Suga retorted. "Well that and the fact I'm still a little nervous."

"What are you nervous about?"

Daichi moved back over with the wine and placed it in front of his date, his other hand resting comfortingly on his back.

"I don't know. I'm just very aware that it's you and it's us and I want this to go perfectly."

"Is it not perfect?"

"No, it is perfect. Beyond perfect actually. I'm worried I'll ruin it."

Daichi crouched down next to Suga, bringing his hands up to his face and looking at him lovingly.

"There is no possible wat you could ruin this night for me. Now come on, you get comfy in the living room and let me clear these dishes away."

"Oh, let me help." Suga insisted, grabbing his plate.

"Sugawara, no. You already helped with dinner so be a good guest and go sit down."

Suga walked away mumbling about how he'd only stirred but at least he was going, Daichi need a few moments away from him to process how unbelievably cute he was. He wasted no time slinging the dirty pots into the dishwasher and cleaning down the sides, before grabbing the rest of his wine and his glass.

When he entered the living room, Suga was curled up on the sofa, legs tucked up next to him as he admired the photographs on the wall. Most of them were of his family bit he had a few with Asahi and Noya, a couple from graduation and even one with Kageyama and Hinata when they visited him last summer. The dim light of the living room lamps lit up just enough of Suga's face to make his smile and twinkling eyes visible which were dazzling enough to melt anyone's heart.

Daichi took a seat next to him, placing his glass and the wine on the table. He leaned down the side of the couch and pulled out a large faux fur blanket which he threw over himself and Suga. Suga tore his eyes away from the photos to smile at Daichi and shuffle closer, their sides soon touching.

"What you looking at?" Daichi asked, picking his drink back up.

"Eighteen-year-old us, mostly. I like that picture of you with the Kageyama's though."

"You know if Hinata hears you call him that, he'll flip."

"But you wouldn't tell him, would you Daichi?" Suga whimpered, looking up at him with those large brown eyes.

'Uh oh' Daichi thought. He'd temporarily forgotten how accidently cute and sexy Suga was when he'd had a drink and the jumpsuit was only making things worse. It did fit really well.

"Never." Daichi finally spoke, wrapping an arm around his date and pulling him closer.

Suga cuddled into Daichi's side and rested his head against his strong shoulder. He hummed softly and breathed in Daichi's scent, most of his worries falling away as he inhaled. 'This is heaven' he thought, becoming totally absorbed in all the little things about the man next to him. It was mostly quiet, just two people who were basking in the glow of their first and successful date, completely content .

After a few moments, Suga shuffled to get more comfortable and Daichi leant down to kiss the top of his head. Suga snapped his head up instantly to stare at Daichi. His sharp jaw practically stared back and Suga couldn't resist running his tongue along it.

"That fucking wine." Daichi groaned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.6K 2.1K 22
*Artwork belongs to the rightful artist @kwonrugger* Y/n (this OC is named Yuuna, she makes appearances in Sakusa's book) is saved by her school's vo...
93.7K 3.9K 57
- 𝐤𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 -y/n only has a few months living in Japan until she moves with her parents to England. She cr...
870 95 23
Daichi and Suga have both been pining for each other for years, since even before they came out to each other. It seems the whole team knows it, so...
21.5K 561 20
Daichi has had a crush on suga and wants to tell her but it's hard when she's convinced that he like michimiya... daichi asks suga for advice to ask...