Dynasty Fulfilled

By DestinyKeianna

Breanna, a struggling twenty-one year old from Louisiana, decides to drop everything and moves to Los Angeles... More

Dynasty Fulfilled
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

CHAPTER FORTY

257 10 2
By DestinyKeianna

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
W o r k N e v e r S t o p s

It was a very active day today, and I was running everywhere. Monday's at the production company was the worst day's, I could say, I've ever worked. The club scene that the production company was producing was still in development, and then we were going to do the shooting it very soon. I couldn't wait for it because of the visuals, and after seeing how the scale model looked, I could tell it was going to look great.

"Breanna," Leandra called, standing in front of my desk. "Mr. McKnight said he wants to see you in his office,"

I furrowed my brows, wondering what he wanted to see me for; But, I didn't let my thoughts appear on my face; instead, I smiled and stood up from the chair going to the elevator. Pressing the button and stepping inside the elevator, I wondered whether Mr. McKnight found out that I know about what's going on with him and Leandra.

I mean, I didn't tell Leandra what I did know about her, but was she serious about dropping the beef and being friends? I didn't know. As the elevator door opens, I took a deep breath stepping out of the elevator and heading towards Mr. McKnight's office.

I made my way to the door, debating with myself on; if I should linger, but I was about to knock when I heard his voice.

"If it's Breanna, come in," He said.

So, I plastered a smile on my face, opening the door as I entered his office. As I walked inside, I looked around before looking at Mr. McKnight's face. He had an unreadable expression on his face, so I couldn't tell whether he was mad or happy to see me.

"Yes, Mr. McKnight? Leandra told me that you wanted me?"

"Yes, I got invited to a movie premiere," He said.

Um, what that had to do with me?

"Okay,"

"I called you in here to ask if you wanted to attend the movie premiere with me?" He asked. "You will still be paid for this event..."

Doesn't Leandra usually attend these types of events with him? Why was he asking me? Also, wasn't that a personal assistant job?

"Excuse me, sir, but isn't that a job for personal assistants?"

Nice going, Breanna; you might not get this opportunity again.

"Well, Ms. Davidson, your salary; will be doubled." He stated. "If you want to see how Hollywood movie premieres are ran, then this is the perfect event to do that at,"

I did want to see how things were ran, but as an upcoming actress, though maybe I needed to see how things were behind the scenes as an assistant. I could learn so much just from being an assistant and being around Mr. McKnight. So, I decided that I would go.

"But, I don't know what I should wear to these things...do we have a dress code or a theme?"

"I'll have to discuss things with my stylist, and if we do have a dress code, I'll make sure to tell her to give you a call," He assured me.

"Thank you for the opportunity," I said, turning around to leave out of the office and closed the door behind me.

I practically jumped up in excitement, as I couldn't believe it—I was going to my first Hollywood event but as an assistant. I couldn't wait to experience it, and hopefully, the next time I did attend an event—I'd be the actress that everyone would recognize.

I began to think about the tasks; I needed to complete this week. First, I had to call Mr. Chandler and schedule a meeting with him. Secondly, I have to set up my private sessions with Ms. Deanne Livingston. Thirdly, I have to go shopping with Malaysia for the three-day birthday trip for Tatyana's birthday party in Miami. Forth, I have to book my flight to Miami, And lastly, get myself prepared for the movie premiere with Mr. McKnight.

I had an excessive amount of things to get done and still have to look at apartments or homes for rent. I couldn't stay longer than I've already had.

"Davidson, are you alright?" Said a familiar voice.

I blinked my eyes, looking at Mr. McKnight, who seemed concerned for me.

"Yeah, I am. I was only daydreaming," I clarified, giving a reassuring smile. I continued to walk towards the elevator, pressing the button, and waited patiently; for it to open to step inside and head out to the first floor.

Once I got on the first floor, I was back on my feet and asked to help each department. I checked the time on the computer then I grew excited since it was almost time for lunch and after lunch; we had to go to the film set of the club. Most of Malaysia's team were getting the club scene together, and we were meeting them.

"Breanna," Leandra's high-pitched voice called.

"Yes?" I replied, watching her walk up to me.

"I would like to talk to you at lunch," She stated. "It's not work-related, but it's just as important,"

"Um, okay," I told her.

"Okay, see you in a few minutes," She smiled. "Also, you're doing a great job,"

Am I being punked? What is going on?

Instead of asking these questions, I took my seat at my desk and proceeded to check emails. It seemed like every day-- the emails grew as I tried to make a routine of checking the emails daily.

"Can you make a copy of this for me, Ms. Davidson?"

I looked up noticing, Malik, and I swear, my eyes lit up with joy. I was growing used to my feelings for him, but it was still so crazy that he seemed to have this undeniable effect on me.

"Sure, Mr. Porter," I replied professionally, taking the sheets from his hand as I walked to the printer, and of course, he followed. "How many copies do you want?"

"Fifty," He smirked, standing super close to me.

I grew goosebumps, smelling his cologne and his natural scent that I was very fond of. I sighed, placing the sheet in the printer and hitting the number of copies needed.

"What's wrong?" He whispered.

"Back up," I instructed him.

He reluctantly listened, holding a knowing smile on my face as he knew that he had a strong effect on me.

"I'm not doing anything..." He chuckled.

"You know exactly, what you're doing, but I'm not going to act on it," I mumbled.

"You look good," He continued, staring at my lips. "I want to kiss you right now, and I'm trying so hard to keep it professional,"

I stared down at my outfit for today. I dressed in dark denim blue, high-waisted flare jeans, a light pink long sleeve V-neck casual blouse, and matching pink Oxford comfort flat shoes. My soft glam makeup look completed the look as I styled my hair in a half-up, half-down look with twists and baby hairs.

It was casual and comfortable.

"Thank you," I grinned, trying to keep it professional though it was hard to because of the blushing that I was doing. "Let's check on these papers that are printing,"

Whew, I could see why people are against dating a co-worker. It was hard keeping it strictly professional, but as long as I worked as an assistant here, we had to keep it professional and business only.

.

.

.

It was time for lunch, and I just remembered that Leandra wanted me to join her. So, I grabbed my sandwich, the Minute Maid drink from the vending machine, and headed out to meet her. I didn't know what the conversation was going to be if it was something outside of work. I spotted Leandra in the hallway, and she motioned me to join her.

"We can't talk about what I want to talk about in here," She muttered. "Make sure you have your walkie talkie on you because we're going outside, in case they call one of us,"

Outside to talk, and it was something that we couldn't discuss in the building? Yeah, it was something serious. My walkie-talkie was attached to my hip as we exited the building and headed outside where the benches were.

She had her food in her hand as I took a seat wondering, what she wanted to discuss.

"So, I asked to talk to you...because I can only talk to you about this," She asserted. "Because you figured it out already, and I think that I could trust you,"

What is she talking about? wait, is she referring to her affair with Mr. McKnight?

"Why?"

"It's been eating me inside for a while now," She sighed. "First of all, I was dating Isaac, and we were happy with each other until I knew that I didn't want it anymore. Brandon, well, Mr. McKnight, somehow happened. It wasn't supposed to get this far, and Isaac has been threatening to ruin my career because of this,"

Oh.

"Leandra, I'm not sure why you're telling me this," I remarked. "It's not my business, and I can't get in the middle of what yall have going on,"

I wanted no parts of their situation. I wanted to have a clean slate before I started my career as an actor. It's why I decided to drop my plan of blackmailing her and Mr. McKnight altogether. I knew that it could all backfire, and it won't be looking too good for my career.

"So, you're going to pretend that you didn't already know?" Leandra frowned. "Breanna, I'm telling you now that you're in the clear with me. I have nothing against you; at first, I can honestly admit that I saw you as competition. You were the new girl that came to the job and made an everlasting impression on everyone from your second or third day there, and you even handled my job,"

I knew that there was some type of threat that she had for me. But, how did she suddenly, from our last talk at the restaurant, want to be friendly towards me?

"I don't get it," I said, unwrapping my sandwich and taking a bite out of it.

"It took me a while to get people to like me," She admitted. "I wasn't much of a people person, and it took such a long time to make friends with the crew. I wasn't used to being so friendly and relaxed at a job. Our friends got me out of my comfort zone,"

Wow. I can't believe this girl was explaining this all to me.

"I guess I do get that part, but your relationship issues have nothing to do with me, Leandra,"

"I'm telling you this because if I end up losing my job because of this work affair, I want you to get my job," She insisted.

"Why would you lose your job? And, I already told you before that I don't want your job. Never did, at the beginning and I still don't, now,"

I wrapped my sandwich back to listen to her.

"It's against the guidelines and rules about a work relationship with your boss as it is also bad for business," She shared. "Even if anyone else finds out about it, I would have to step down. I'm sure it won't hurt Brandon's career because he's a damn producer and a man. So it won't hurt him whatsoever. But, for my career, I'll have to start from the very beginning and make my way up somewhere else."

Work affairs with your boss are that serious at this company? Wow. I was also sure that Mr. McKnight wasn't going to get away with it if their work affair got out, as he might end up losing his position, but what did I know?

"How does Issac know?"

"He saw my text messages and a few missing phone calls," She answered. "It wasn't like I cheated on him because it started when we were deciding to break up, but I'm tired of Issac's threats. I might as well stop what I'm doing with Brandon and keep my relationship with Isaac. I was happy with him before, so it could probably happen again,"

It was even weirder that nobody outside of Isaac and I knows about her work affair with Me. McKnight. I originally wanted to use the video that I had on them and send it to the different blogs to report. I felt that it would hurt not only the company but other people in the workplace's jobs.

Because, what if Mr. McKnight had to step down? If there aren't any replacements, all the workers, including my friends, would be out of a job. I couldn't do that to them, especially when they took me in so quickly into their already formed friendships.

It was best if I let whatever happens, happens. I didn't want to get put on in the entertainment industry in such a dirty way.

"You can't force yourself to be happy," I advised. "If you see your relationship with Mr. McKnight going somewhere, take it with him to make it official instead of Isaac trying to mess up your career."

"That's just it. I don't know if Brandon even wants to make it serious," She pouted. "He's been a bachelor for a while now. He doesn't seem like he wants to move forward into a relationship. I fell for him, but I can't keep playing myself and trying to change his mind."

"You have to talk to him and get him to understand your feelings," I suggested. "Take a chance at admitting how strong your feelings for him is, and if he doesn't accept it, that's when you know what to do,"

I could see Leandra's eyes watering as she seemed to be affected by this situation.

"Thank you for that," She whimpered, standing up as she pulled me in for a hug. "Maybe we can grow as friends,"

Friends?

"Baby steps," I joked.

"Well, that's all. I don't want to hold you from being around your man," She giggled, wiping her eyes. "Y'all are very cute, by the way,"

"Thanks," I smiled.

I can't believe the talk with Leandra and how I was feeling sorry for her. It's like a switch flipped, and we were now getting in a better place from my first day at the production company.

We entered the building, and Leandra was now back to normal. I walked into the lobby and saw our friends as my eyes fell directly on Terrell. Our relationship was still the same, and we were still hanging together, but I felt that it was best to move out. I loved and appreciated him wholeheartedly, but I didn't want to go through what I went through with him again.

He winked as I laughed and turned my attention to my honeybunny, Malik Porter. He patted the seat next to him, and I walked over to him, taking the seat.

"Breanna Amor Davidson, would you do me the pleasure of going somewhere with me after work?" He smirked, wrapping his arms around me.

"I would love to," I said, seeing the smile on his face as I felt sorry about what I was going to do next. "But, I have to do a few things. Maybe, tomorrow and I'll plan it?"

"Would love that," He nodded, kissing my cheek.

All the times that Malik has taken me out, it was my turn to plan something for us. I didn't know what I had intended for us, but I did know that I wanted it to be something that we both could enjoy.

I unwrapped my sandwich again and continued to eat the sandwich. It was a loaded sub sandwich that was very good, and it was what Mr. McKnight ordered for everyone.

"Has everyone booked their flights for this weekend?" Tatyana asked.

"I'll do that today," Raheem told her.

"I almost forgot, glad you said something about it," Malik said.

"For real. I gotta' make sure that I handle that today after work," Terrell stated.

"I definitely did, and so has Jason," Malaysia confirmed.

"I'm also booking a flight today,"

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who forgot to book their flight, so I was going to take care of that after I got off work also the other stuff that I had to do.

"Me too," Leandra agreed.

"Good, and if yall forget again, I'll start a group chat to remind everybody," Tatyana affirmed, placing her hands on her leg. "Wait, Leandra, is Isaac still coming?"

We all turned to look at her, and I wondered what was going to be her response since I knew that they weren't actually in a good place at the moment. I realized why Isaac was always quiet around us and why they didn't seem to like each other. I didn't expect Isaac to be forming a revenge scheme on Leandra—he didn't look like the type of person to do that, but how did a person who does revenge schemes resemble?

Especially since; I was once considering doing the same.

"No, at least, I don't think so," She answered. "Issac has never told me whether he is or not,"

After hearing that, Tatyana didn't pressure Leandra to ask her again. I was sure that Issac was not going to Miami with us.

By the time; I finished my food, my timer went off, and it was back to work. I knew that we were working on filming the club scene very soon since we had to meet with the set designers today.

While I was getting ready to leave, I heard the walkie-talkie making noise, and I picked it up pressing, the button, and waited for the other person to speak.

"Yes?"

"Davidson, I want you to take the sound equipment to the location because we will be needed it for filming because the production crew forgot the equipment," Mr. McKnight instructed. "Will that be a problem?"

"No sir,"

"Good, the equipment is in the film studio," He stated. "Be very careful with how you handle the equipment."

"I'll be on it," I confirmed.

"Alright, we're counting on you, Ms. Davidson,"

I wanted to roll my eyes, but I knew there were cameras, so I headed into the film studio to get the equipment. I wondered why the production crew didn't get their film equipment like they usually do. As I walked into the room, it was empty as I spotted the equipment in a bag, so I moved closer to it and picked it up to only have it drop out of my hands.

It was heavy and hard to carry, so I looked around the room with my hands on my hip as I tried to find something to put the bag on.

Once I spotted the rock-N-roller stage and studio equipment case, I squealed with excitement as I dragged the bag to the roller case. I used all my strength to pick up the bag of sound equipment and placed it on the roller case. Then, I proceeded by rolling it out of the film studio.

I noticed workers leaving to head to the set as I walked to my desk, grabbing the iPad and folder to take. I then shut the computer down and was ready to head out as I placed the folder and iPad in the empty racks while rolling the case. Hearing footsteps, Mr. McKnight was leaving out of the elevator, and I was right ahead of him, heading out of the door.

Since I had to take the company's van today, I moved towards it and unlocked the doors with my keys as I walked to the back of it, and I struggled to lift the roller case and the equipment bag into the van. Next, I closed the trunk and walked to the front, stepping inside the driver's seat.

I pulled out of the parking lot, buckling up, and was driving onto the streets of LA to head in the direction of the club scene.

I couldn't wait until I get off; I had so much that I needed to do.

Once I made it to the location, I parked the van and stepped out, opening the trunk as I grabbed the equipment to only have someone help me out it.

"Thank you," I told the person, putting the equipment bag on the roller case, as I stood straight and looked at the person seeing Raheem.

"We were going to take the equipment with us, but we forgot about it since we didn't know if we were shooting today," Raheem explained.

"It's okay,"

"Nah, it's not. You don't have to worry about taking it back to the company," Raheem assured.

"It was a task that Mr. McKnight wanted me to do, so I have to. It's a part of my job,"

Raheem stared at me with a look of remorse as I rolled the roller case towards the front of the club. I waved at a few of the set designers and other workers from the departments, who were waiting on us to see what they did. I was one of those people that was excited to see it.

I'm guessing that we were waiting on Mr. McKnight to arrive since everyone began to pile up in front of the door's entrance to the club.

Leandra began to walk, seeming to look for someone until her eyes landed on mine, then she walked over to me with her clipboard in her hands.

"Mr. McKnight is on his way," She said.

"Okay. Are we shooting today or tomorrow because it seems like the set designers are through with the setup for the club scene, right?" I asked. "I have to contact the hotels, Ubers, and extras to let them know that we're filming but are we?"

"Well, Mr. McKnight is checking the club scene to see if we need to wait a few more days or weeks to have it done," Leandra speculated, glaring down at her clipboard. "I'm sure that it will be this week when we start filming. He'll probably make the decision today,"

As I was going to reply, I spotted Mr. McKnight's Escalade pulling up into the parking lot. It led me to wonder if he was living in a mansion as Joel stepped out of the car and opened the door for his boss, I wanted to wave at him, but I gave him a smile hoping he noticed.

While Joel was getting back to the driver's seat, Leandra was already making her way towards Mr. McKnight, and I quickly followed behind her to meet with him as well. Once I made it to Mr. McKnight, I got my questions ready.

"Mr. McKnight, do you think we will be filming today or tomorrow?"

"We have to see the set first, Ms. Davidson," He replied, fixing the buttons on his suit. "Let's see the inside, shall we?"

"Yes, we shall," Leandra and I voiced in a union.

I held back a sigh, wishing that I could check the time on my phone—I was more than ready for this day to be over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 124 23
Love brings meaning to life which is a feeling worth dying for like Romeo and Juliet. As for Julien, a cliche romantic gent, he encounters true love...
RoyalT By JustenJerod

General Fiction

169 1 20
Since a child Tayonna has always wanted to be a star. She suprisingly gets her chance at stardom when she wins a social media competition. Her and he...
773 99 66
After Alyana suffered a horrific car accident, it resulted her into becoming wheelchair bound. Alyana goal was to try to survive this life of hers b...
1M 26.2K 30
"Give me my shirt. And my underwear." I look up at his messy hair and his red lips-all because of me-and suddenly lose my breath. "Or what?" He pulls...