MY CHRISTMAS ROMANCE

Da feufeu15

Everyone knows those Christmas romances where they pretend to be a couple for the holidays and end up falling... Altro

AESTHETICS & TRAILER
CHAPTER 1: BEST PART
CHAPTER 3: CHRISTMAS DEAL
CHAPTER 4: ADEN'S LITTLE ELF
CHAPITRE 5: HANNUKAH SURPRISE
CHAPTER 6: DEAL WITH THE DEVIL
CHAPTER 7: SANTA'S ELVES
CHAPTER 8: ON PURPOSE
CHAPTER 9: SORE LOSERS AND MISTLETOE KISS
CHAPTER 10: LISTS
CHAPTER 11: A DASH OF LOVE
CHAPTER 12: HOT AND COLD SWEAT
CHAPTER 13: SANTA'S WORKSHOP
CHAPTER 14: OH OH OH
CHAPTER 15: LIGHTS AND EGGNOG
CHAPTER 16: CHEESY MOVIE AND SNOWFLAKES
CHAPTER 17: SNORING PRINCESS & PRINCE CHARMING
CHAPTER 18: OLD DREAMS AND NEW WISHES
CHAPTER 19: ELF'S STUNTS
CHAPTER 20: STOP THINKING
CHAPTER 21: MORNING REVELATION
CHAPTER 22: SOMETHING TO TELL YOU
CHAPTER 23: MISTLETOE AND DECLARATIONS
CHAPTER 24: OPEN HEARTS AND COLORS
CHAPTER 25: OUR BEST PART
ADEN'S ARTICLE
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 2: HOLY PLAN

894 47 49
Da feufeu15

I dedicate this chapter to @yuvikadaga because she was the first one to vote on the first chapter, and even if she's one of my new readers, we've already shared a lot! She's a talented and sweet soul that I'm now honored to call a friend! Thank you for your support 😘❤

"Here it is." I smile proudly, pulling out and unfolding a piece of paper.

My friends remain unmoved, squinting their eyes at my miraculous reveal. Though their drunk gazes and the flashing neon lights must not let them see much.

"What is it? Is that a rocket? Or maybe a d–"

"It's a Christmas tree!" I gasp as Kyle points to my little work of art next to the big bold letters in the center, and they both snicker under their breaths. "Hey! Try to draw in a packed subway with people shoving you around!" I narrow my eyes back at them.

"So what is written?" Amy lifts an eyebrow, handing me back the list, as she gives up reading my subway spidery handwriting. "I came here to dance! So hurry up!" She wiggles her shoulders, her skinny white dress highlighting her curvy silhouette and dark skin.

You can note that her goal has changed; it isn't to find me a boyfriend at all costs. Well, the fact that we're currently at Kyle's favorite gay night club might be helping. Though with Amy, you never know, and she could still come back with a fishing rod at any moment to help me 'fishing'. However, with this piece of paper, I will make sure she will never need to search me a boyfriend again.

"My plan to make Aden fall in love with me," I explain, even if they already know this since I've told them at lunchtime when my idea has popped up.

What they want to know is how, and after all, that's the reason why I'm here, why I've traded my reindeer slippers for high heels and my warm blanket for a red skirt.

"You know how in a lot of Christmas movies, they pretend to be a couple and end up falling in love?" I ask because, for me, it's a well-known fact but surely not for everyone.

"No?! Don't tell me you're gonna ask Aden to be your 'fake fiancé'?!" Amy puts down her drink, sign that I've really got her attention.

"No, not my fiancé, my fake boyfriend. But you just spoiled all my explanations!" I complain at my best friend, who knows me too much, while Kyle's wide eyes are gaping between the two of us.

"Oh, no, because you gotta explain how you think this can work!" Amy shakes her head, her eyes growing as big as Kyle's.

"Well, I'm gonna pretend my family is pressuring me to find a boyfriend, and Aden, being the sweetheart he is, will accept to be my fake boyfriend for the holidays. Then, as we will spend a perfect Christmas together, he will realize we're perfect for each other." I smile, repeating the romantic scenario that I've planned in my head all afternoon.

"Don't you think it's taking advantage of Aden? And lying to him and your family?" Amy winces. Of course, I've expected that from her rational mind.

"A little... but in the end, I'm not forcing him into anything. It will allow him to discover a real Christmas holiday to write his articles, and for once, he won't be alone on the 24th. And if we end up together, then it won't really be a lie to my family..." I do my puppy eyes, even if I think my arguments are enough convincing and reasonable.

"Yeah, that's better than my kidnapping idea." Kyle shrugs, taking a sip of his exotic cocktail that I surely can't pronounce the name. "But how is this gonna make him fall him love with you?"

"That's the plan here!" I wave my precious piece of paper. "I've taken all the must-haves of my favorite Christmas romances. He will see me in a new light, away from work and the city, and after following those little steps: a kiss under the mistletoe, baking cookies together, a walk at the Christmas market, etc... he should fall for me."

Well, that's what I hope! I know this might sound crazy, but I have this feeling deep inside, like a small spark, that I will find love these holidays.

"I like this idea!" Kyle finally lifts his glass to me.

One convinced, now the other...

I turn to Amy with an expression that must be a mix of my puppy eyes and the wince of a convicted person. "You don't believe it can be possible in real life, do you?"

She lets out a heavy sigh, accentuating the dramatic side that the alcohol always instills her. "Actually, I think it's so crazy that it might work."

"Really?!" A wide smile spreads on my face with all the hope washing over me. 

I have faith in my plan, yet having my best friend's rational brain approving it is like witnessing a flying sleigh for a kid who believes in Santa.

"I know you will do it anyway." She shakes her head softly. "So what's the first step?"

"Thank you!" I jump to hug her.

"Yay!" Kyle lifts up his glass. "So to Penelope's Holy plan!"

We all toast to my future Christmas romance before I grab my paper again. Amy is on my side, so I won't play with her patience and need to dance.

"First, we need to suggest the 'pretend deal' to Aden and make it plausible," I explain, playing mindlessly with the straw of my red cocktail. "And it would be even better to make him offer his help, without asking anything..."

"You already have an idea?" Kyle asks, his clear eyebrows furrowing in what is a sign of deep thinking.

"I don't know exactly, but it has to be tomorrow morning when I see him for his article because my plane is on Sunday morning first thing."

We all go silent, staring at each other before glancing around as if we would find the answer in the sea of people dancing, making out, or drinking. 

The loud music makes it impossible to hear my own thoughts, but I still hear my heartbeat following the rhythm, and sometimes it's all we need to find the fantastic solution, especially with a plan like this. 

Indeed, an idea appears to me after a few seconds of absent-minded observation, and it isn't in the people dressed in sexy Christmas-themed costumes, neither in the two men lost in each other's eyes and words in what appears to be a promising encounter at the table next to us that the fantastic idea comes up. It's the man dressed – or should I say, overly dressed for this club – in a tailor-made suit in the corner near us. Contrary to everyone around, he seems tense and quiet, and that's what has caught my gaze. This and mostly the fact that he's talking on his phone with, from what I can hear from him, is a very clingy mom. And here is my idea!

I turn back to my friends to announce my amazing plan for tomorrow, but Amy interrupts me before I can even open my mouth.

"Is that your nomination letter for ID Decor Magazine?!" She grabs the paper in my hand, her eyes widening in a frightening way. "Did you write your 'little plan' on it?!"

I pull the piece of paper out of her hands, once again knowing where we are going.

"You haven't sent your answer, have you?" Amy's voice gets quieter, but the seriousness in her tone can be heard easily over the loud music.

"Not yet..." I avoid her severe eyes that I know only want to support me. "I still have time. The deadline is on the 24th, and I've got their e-mail and phone number on my phone, don't worry." I fold nervously the paper again, not knowing which side sets the most uneven rhythm of my heart.

"I don't understand what you're waiting for! An opportunity like this doesn't happen every day." Amy sighs, and I let out the same loud breath as she repeats what I already know. "I hear you talk about this magazine since I know you, and here you got selected without even sending an application!"

"I know, but it's in New York, on the other side of the country, and–"

"And what? You're planning on staying your whole life writing small decoration articles in a shitty newspaper in San Francisco, while you could work and write for the biggest interior design magazine of the country?"

"You're working in this shitty newspaper too," I note, lifting an eyebrow.

"Yes, but I'm an accountant, so whether I work here or in any other magazine, that's the same, and if the Deloitte firm offered me a job, I would pack my bags tomorrow!" Amy grins, as if what she's just said would make sense to any one of us, or even to any normal person.

But Kyle joins with his more understandable and blunt arguments. "I agree, and you've got too much freaking talent to waste it! And I'm not only saying this because I'd love to get your post." He smirks playfully.

"I have to think more about it... It's a lot of change without knowing where I would go. I still have one week, and we're not here for this tonight," I remind them, discreetly trying to change the subject that is already keeping me company every night, along with my Christmas movies.

"Okay, okay..." Amy puts her hands up, though she still adds, "Even if I don't understand what is holding you back here..."

"Except for your two amazing best friends!" Kyle grins, and I just look down at my little folded paper as a well-known anchor weighs on my chest.

Here it is! Penelope's holy plan is finally announced and ready to start 😁 It's not really a surprise, but do you think it will work? How will she convince Aden? 😉 You better add the story to your reading lists/library and follow me to get notifs when I update the next chapter!

Also, what do you think of this nomination letter? Do you think it's only her 'two amazing best friends' holding her back?... 🤔😏

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked this chapter ⭐! I love to hear from you, my little rays of sunshine 😘❤🎄

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

64K 3.9K 41
Usually, people Carol's age are getting married, buying their first house, getting their first pet, etc. Her younger sister's doing all that. Good fo...
Finding Chef's Kiss Da Jana S. Prahl

Romanzi rosa / ChickLit

21.9K 875 11
[RE-WRITE ON HOLD] An enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy. *** Gemma Colson, a no-nonsense, NYC food critic, is well on her way to the top of her caree...
Fake It | ✔️ Da Fallon Elizabeth

Romanzi rosa / ChickLit

185K 9.2K 39
Sugar McKenzie and August Wakefield couldn't be more different - Sugar, a meticulous, caring, but lonely paramedic and August, a charming former real...
15.8K 766 7
Every family has their own special holiday traditions: Matching sweaters. Caroling in costume. Grandma's recipes. Lawn ornaments and lights. Midnight...