The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

By yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... More

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 8

1.6K 59 22
By yourneighbourhoodcow

(Amelia's Point of View)

I open my eyes and take in my surroundings. I am still in the living room. I guess I fell asleep here. I feel something below me and position my head to look at it. Oh my god, Ethan is fast asleep below me. How the hell did we get into this position?! I try to move but I feel a weight on my waist. I look towards it and I find both of Ethan's hands wrapped around my waist. God, I really would like to know how we got in such a position. The last thing I remember is falling asleep while sitting next to Ethan, not lying on top of Ethan.

I try to come out of his hold, but he is holding on too tight. "Ethan!" I whisper-yell. "Shut up." He grumbles. "Ethan let go of me!" I hiss. "What are you talking about?" He mumbles, his eyes still closed. "Open your eyes, you freaking idiot!" I say hitting him on the shoulder. He opens his eyes and when he sees me, his eyes widen. "What are you doing on top of me?" He asks. "I don't know. Maybe if you let go of me I can think about it!" I say. "Shit, sorry." He says before letting go of my waist. I finally get off of Ethan and stretch my back. "You aren't really that good of a bed." I mumble. "Well who the hell told you to sleep on top of me?" He says as he sits up. "I don't even know how we got into such a position. The last thing I remember was falling asleep next to you, not on top of you!" I say. He just shrugs and stands up.

I make my way towards my bathroom and brush my teeth. When I am done I go back downstairs for breakfast. No one is downstairs except for Ethan which is weird. Where is Mary or grandma? I make my way to the cereal shelf and open it. I take my Frostie Flakes and put them in a bowl and take milk out of the fridge. Just as I am about to pour it in I hear grandma say "Oh look you two are finally up!". "Yeah." I say. "Did you get some good sleep Amelia?" She questions me. I give her a weird look, what does she mean by a good sleep? "Oh you know cause you slept on top of Ethan." She says. I hear Ethan laugh, but he covers it up with a cough. "Grandma! Gosh. No. He is not a very good bed. Plus I never slept on top of him, we just somehow ended up in that position." I say. "Mhm. Sure." She says, sarcasm dripping out every word she says. "Wait, did you put us in that position?" I ask. "What! No. How can you blame me for that? How could I ever lift you up and place you like that?" She says. But I know she is lying, so I narrow my eyes at her. "Fine. I took help from Jullie!" She said. "Grandma! Why would you do that?" I yell. "What? You kids looked so cute. Plus Ethan sleeping with his legs on your lap and you were fast asleep in a very uncomfy position. I thought it looked cute. Plus Ethan didn't mind. When I put you on top of him, he wrapped his arms around you!" She says with a mischief look in her eyes. "What?!" Both me and Ethan yell at the same time. "Who the hell told you that you can use me as a footrest?" I say. "What you were sleeping! You didn't even realise! Plus my legs were hurting!" He exclaimed. "Ok then what's your excuse for wrapping your arms around me?" I ask. "It was just an instinct! Plus I don't remember doing it." He said, putting his hands up in defense. We start arguing until grandma screams, "Stop acting like an old married couple." Both of us look at her and blush bright red. "Both of you are arguing about sleeping in each other's arms. It was none of your fault so shut up and eat breakfast in peace!" She yells before walking out of the kitchen.

I hear Ethan clear his throat awkwardly. "I swear to God Ethan, if you touch me once more you're as good as dead!" I say, pointing my finger at him. "Yeah, sure we will see about that." He smirks. Great he is back to his usual cocky self. "Yeah right." I mumble. I pour in my milk and start eating breakfast. "You know what? Let's play a game." Ethan says. "Sure which one?" I ask. "Well we both say pick up lines and the first one to laugh loses." He says. "Gosh are you kidding me? Can we play something that doesn't include flirting? I thought we had been through the whole deal about no flirting!" I said. "What? You can't expect me to not flirt! Anyways you start." He said with a mischief glint in his eyes. "Is your name Google? 'Cause you have everything I am looking for." I say one of the cheesiest pick up lines I have heard. Ethan smirks and says "I am no photographer, but I can picture you and me together." I internally puke at that line. "It's a good thing I have my library card, because I am totally checking you out." I say with a smirk on my face. "Are you a magician? Because wherever I look at you everyone else disappears." He says, and I was about to crack up but I kept myself contained. "I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?" I ask, titling my head to add effect. I see Ethan biting on his lip to control laughter. Gosh I am so close. "I'm no mathematician, but I'm pretty good with numbers. Tell you what, give me yours and watch what I can do with it." And that's when I crack up. That is one of the worst pick up lines I have ever heard.

After a few minutes I finally stop laughing and look at Ethan as I wipe the few tears that managed to fall out while laughing. "I see I have won." He smirked. "You sure have. And take my advice, never ever use that pick up line with a girl, you will make a fool of yourself." I say patting his shoulder. "Noted." He smiled. Wait, he smiled. The world just stopped again. My stomach is also doing this weird thing, it's like butterflies are fluttering in it. God, what is this guy doing to me? I mean it's just a smile right? Wrong, it's the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. When he smiles his eyes light up, his smile is different from anyones I have ever seen before.

I am broken out of my trance when I feel fingers being snapped in front of my face. I shake my head and look at Ethan, who now has a smirk on his face. "You seemed lost." He said smugly. "I was not." I mumbled. "Sure. Whatever floats your boat." He said. "Anyway I was asking you if you could tutor me today?" He asked. I don't have anything to do, but I wanna see what he does when I say 'no'. "Nope. No can do." I say and his smirk falls off his face. "Why not?" He presses. "Because." I say. "Shut up and tutor me, it's not like you anything better to do." He says. "I do actually. I can watch movies or read or maybe even spend time with Adrian." I say nodding my head at myself. "Come on. You're my friend. My best best friend, you have to do this. You can't just ditch me. I watched a movie with you last night too!" He said, pulling his lower lip out. "What the hell? You're not my best friend! Dude I met you like a few weeks ago? Plus no one asked you to watch a movie with me. You did it on your own will." I say. "Oh shut up. We both know I am your best friend. Now just tutor me or..." He said. "Or what huh?" I question. He just gives me a shrug and bends down, at first I am confused but then he puts me over his shoulder. "Ethan!" I exclaim. "What? You chose the hard way." He said as he began walking. "Ethan put me down! I swear to god when you let me go you won't have a pretty face anymore." I said in a threatening tone. "Did Amelia Waston just call me pretty? Wow, I am honored." He fake gasps. "That's all you got out of that?" I ask as I begin throwing punches on his back. "That actually feels good, go a bit more on your right." He says. Are you kidding me?! That feels good?! I swear this guy....

"What are you kids doing?" I hear Mary ask. "Oh nothing Lia is just being a bad girl, so I am going to throw her in a pond or something." He shrugs. Hehe, Mary is here, now let's use my good girl charms shall we? "Mary! Ethan punched me and now he is trying to throw me in a ditch so I won't tell anyone what he did." I fake sob. "Ethan Turner! I thought I taught you better than that! How dare you punch a poor little girl! You're grounded!" She yells. I evil laugh internally. "You actually believe her?!" Ethan asks, well more like yells. "Well how do you explain all this, I can't see the poor girls face either. So of course I believe her!" Mary says. "Ok, you wanna see her, then see her." Ethan says putting me down. He takes my face in his hands and turns it towards Mary. "See. Nothing! She is not as innocent as you think she is." He says gesturing towards my face with his other hand. I just give Mary an innocent smile and she sighs. She turns around mumbling "what a wonderful match we are for each other". I decide to ignore it and turn towards Ethan. "Ha! She likes me more than you! And now you're grounded!" I say, taking my tongue out at him. "Am not! I didn't do anything. Now are you gonna tutor me or not or do I have to throw you in a ditch to convince you?" He asks. "Geez, calm down I will tutor you!" I say. He just gives me the 'that's what I thought so' look. And I give him the 'shut up before I change my mind' look. He just sighs before going upstairs and I do a little dance in my head for my victory.

I am in my room tutoring Ethan, while he does his occasional flirting here and there. I swear if he flirts with me one more time I will slap him across the face. I am trying to teach him bio for God's sake! "Did it hurt?" He asks out of nowhere. "What?" I look at him confused. "When you fell from heaven?" He continues with a smirk on his face. I give him a sarcastic smile before I reply "No, cause I made my way from hell. Now where were we? Right here." I say continuing to teach him. I don't know why but since we agreed to become friends, he has been more flirty than usual. "Kiss me if I am wrong. But do dinosaurs still exist?" He says after a few minutes. "Ethan, how about you focus before I slap you across the face. I swear you say one more pick up line and I will slap you so hard you will not be able to hear for the rest of your life." I say as I tighten my hold on my pencil, breaking it in the process. I see Ethan glup and then he looks down at the book. Yes, that's what I thought.

The next few hours passed by in a blur, me and Ethan had stopped studying a few minutes ago and we were watching a chick-flick. I had somehow managed to convince him to watch it with me. The poor kid was scared of me after that whole incident. I don't blame him though, even I would have been scared of myself if I had seen the look on my face. "God, why can't the guy grow a pair and kiss the girl already!" Ethan groans from beside me. "Because he wants it to be special and he is not sure if she likes him back yet." I say staring at the screen intensely. "Dude! It's freakin obvious they like each other! I swear if they don't kiss in like the next 10 minutes I will jump into the screen and smash their heads together until they kiss." Ethan says, throwing his hands up, to make his threat sound scary.

Yes, I had turned him into a fangirl. Pretty proud of myself. He had been making these comments throughout the movie and they were annoying sometimes but I enjoyed seeing him annoyed. "Well, you wouldn't know. You will understand once you like a girl." I tell him. He just shrugs but you can make out he is annoyed.        

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371K 10.7K 61
Summer Jones doesn't have a perfect life - a crazy half family, dropping grades and absolutely no idea on what she's doing in life. This tomboy has n...
235K 10K 30
Amelia Jame is 17 years old and has never really spoken to any boy except her best friend Tyler. She is a straight 'A' student and has never gotten i...
3K 260 45
Senior year = Drama Amelia, a mysterious high school girl with no time for boys, fun and parties had the spark stripped from her ever since her fathe...
226K 7.7K 36
Amelia Anderson (16 years old). Let me tell you something about her. You know that popular people that always look attractive, throw amazing parties...