Serene Collision

By malayjahthewriter

Copyrighted 2020 "Piccolina, don't give me that look." Leo's accent became thicker, more rugged as he spoke... More

Chapter1: Collision
Chapter2: Dr.Jones
Chapter3: Group Therapy
Chapter4: A Project and Relatives
Chapter5: Crowbar
Chapter6: She's Cool
Chapter7: Testing Skinship
Chapter8: Blackmailed by Mary Jane
Chapter9:Sleeve Grabbin
Chapter 10: Answers to Why
Chapter11: What happened to Leo?
Chapter12:Torture
Chapter13: My Adopted Brother
Chapter14: An Engagement and Horseplay
Chapter15: An Advantage of Ignorance
Chapter16: The Art of Being Pathetic
Chapter17: White Sweater
πŸ˜…
Chapter18: Flirting and Skepticism
Special: Leo's Private Journal Entry #1
Special: Carmins Private Journal Entry #1
Chapter19: The Little Black Dress
Chapter20: Hearing Hands
Chapter21:Classmate
Chapter22: Cat and Mouse
Chapter24: Nosy Cousin
Special: Leo's Private Journal Entry#2
Chapter25: Wet Weed and Sleepovers
Chapter26: Together
Chapter27: That Intrusive Third Wheel
Chapter28: Fevers and Concern
Special: Carmins Private Journal Entry#2
Chapter29: The Date pt.1
Chapter30 The Date pt.2
Chapter31: Annoyance at the Mall
Chapter32: A Smashed Phone
Chapter33:Closer
Chapter34: A Proper Kiss
Chapter35: Leo's Rom Com
Special: Leo's Private Journal Entry#3
Chapter36: Angry Wife pt.1
Chapter37: Angery Wife pt.2
Update will drop tomorrow(READ)
Chapter38:The Start of a Birthday
Chapter39: Leo's Coat
Hey!!!!
Special:Courting Days pt.1
Chapter40: The Symphony
Chapter41:Your Psycho
Chapter42: Leo's Family
Special: The Sick Baby
Chapter43: Carmins Family
Chapter44: New Years Eve pt.1
Chapter45: New Years Eve pt.2
Special: Courting Days pt.2
Chapter46: Mutual Bonding
Chapter47:The Ring
Special: The Greedy Gir1
Special:Carmins Private Journal Entry#3
Chapter48: Count For Me
Chapter49: Making Up
Chapter50:Warn Me
Special: Leo's Private Journal Entry#4
Chapter51: Bowling Day
Chapter52: Concerns Pt.1
Chapter53: Concerns Pt.2
Chapter54: Space
Special: A Park Date

Chapter23: Courting Gifts

3.3K 204 60
By malayjahthewriter

Hi💕
Enjoy, this is so fucking cute.
All rights reserved.
-malayjahthewriter

Carmin trudged down the stairs early Saturday morning. She was dressed in her long zebra striped pajamas, and her usual morning glare.

It had been a week.

Leo wouldn't leave her alone for a second. Some mornings he'd catch her early enough to take her to school. During lunch he would miraculously show up no matter where she was hiding, so they could eat together.

The "flirting" of his was driving Carmin mad. Whenever given the chance the dope would talk sweetly with her, making the short girl cringe in embarrassment.No matter how mean, how aggressive, or how many curse words Carmin spouted at him, he wouldn't let up.

She had never felt more embarrassed, or dare she think, shy, in all her life. It was definitely too much for her to take. She couldn't imagine how the rude dope had gone from his usual vulgar tongue, to an avid sweet talker.

As Carmin continued towards the kitchen with hopes of getting orange juice, the doorbell rang. Sighing, the short girl crept towards the door. "Who the hell is it?"

"Good Morning Piccolina."

Carmin palmed her forehead and slowly eased away, hoping to quietly make a run for her room.

"If you make me chase you, it's only gonna be worse." He reminded her, with an amused tone, ringing the doorbell once more.

Cursing under her breath, Carmin unlocked the door.

The dope was carrying a large brown teddy bear, which looked incredibly soft. It had a ruby red bowtie and was damn near Carmin's height. Along with that, he carried a bag full of jolly ranchers, with just about every flavor known to mankind inside of it.

"What the fuck-"

"My sister told me gifts mean absolutely nothing without thought." Leo said as he watched her eyes widened.

"I saw this bear and I thought, this is the exact same size as Piccolina. So I wanted you to have it. A couple weeks ago I saw you eat a jolly rancher in the classroom, so I wanted you to have these." His tone was blunt, but he meant every word he said.

The short girl was having a hard time functioning. How could she? Leo was once one of the many reasons she despised going to school, and now he was at her front door with gifts in hand.

"Carmin, who is it?" Nic's voice enlisted panic within her.

Nic emerged, in his own baggy pajamas. His eyes found the gifts in Leo's hands before anything else. It took a full minute for his mind to register what was going on, before a big grin invaded his face.

"Oh My Go-"

Carmin used her hand to shut his mouth.

Leo moved past them both, not wanting to talk about his courting with anyone other than Carmin."I'll take these to your room."

"What the hell is going on here?" Nic pinched Carmin's elbow, as he hoped and wished those gifts weren't for their "project."

"He...he's courting me." She admitted.

Nic fist pumped the air, and did a little dance as Carmin scowled at him.

"Stop it Nic.

"So this means he confessed to you, right?" Nic asked with his eyeballs about to fall out of his sockets.

"Yes."

"My little chocolate drop has a boyfriend!"

"Nic, he's not my boyfriend. There's a clear misunderstanding here."

"Carmin that bear is taller than you, there is no misunderstanding." Nic sighed. "I can't wait to tell Josh."

"Please no."

"Too late." Nic was already off dialing the number, ready to gossip with his nephew.

"I hate you!." She pouted darting up the stairs.

In her room Leo had nicely settled down the large bear on her bed, and the bag of candy on the nightstand. The dope scaled the room as he waited for her, smiling at the unmade bed.

He could tell where she slept. There was a little encasing of pillows and blankets in the middle of the bed. He chuckled as he imagined the small girl curling herself up like a little puppy.

"Leonardo." Carmin stepped into the room, not looking happy at all. "No more gifts."

"You don't like the gifts?" He enquired, seating himself at the edge of the bed.

"Nope."

"Liar."

Carmin went to her dresser in search of an outfit, ignoring his accurate assumption.

Leo watched her every move,very openly. There was no need to hide his stare now that his feelings were out in the open. He was free to gaze without feeling restricted, and he loved every second of it.

Carmin on the other hand, felt incredibly anxious. His stare was like a camera stalking her.

Leo asked another question, as she slid open the top drawer."Piccolina, can I have a hug?"

"What?"

"I like you and I crave your affection. So I want a hug."

"Leonardo." She turned to him, hiding her shyness under that killer glare of hers. "Who gave you permission to say things like that?"

"My sister says honesty is the best way to win you over."

"I'm not giving you a hug."

"I'll stop bringing gifts if you do." He chirped.

His entire body sparked with excitement when Carmin bit her lip as if she was actually considering it.

"No more gifts?" Carmin clarified, not wanting to give Nic any more reason to call her brother. She didn't even want to start to imagine the conversation they'd be having later on today when he finds out Leo was "courting" her.

"No more." He smiled, holding out his arms, ready for the hug.

Carmin walked over to the bed slowly, wondering what would have happened if she'd just skipped school on the first day as she intended.

While Leo was sitting, Carmin reached his height perfectly. It really was the best position for the two to hug effectively.

Carmin stepped in front of the dope, with her eyes on the ground and both her arms stiffly at either side of her body."Get it over with."

"Look at me." He whispered, clutching her wrist and pulling her between his thighs.

Carmin scrunched her nose as she looked up at him.

Both took on neutral expressions as they gaped into each other's eyes.

"Your courting isn't going to work." She whispered back to him.

Leo's neutral expression broke, and his lips curved into a smile. Two dimples appeared just below his mouth, making Carmin inwardly squirm. Leo looped his arms around her waist, and brought her close.The dope propped his face in the crook of her neck, and sighed in content.

As soon as his warm breath touched her neck, Carmin let out a little yelp.

"Piccolina." He let out a deep, guttural chuckle, and squeezed her tighter.

"I'm not squeamish." She defended herself, knowing what he was thinking.

He let out another chuckle, as he cradled her. The short girl hadn't made any move to hug him back, but it was more than enough to be able to hold her. A couple weeks ago when he'd first discovered his liking for Carmin, he had craved her touch more than anything, but he had been condemned to sleeve grabbing.

Now he could hug her, and it truly was well worth the wait.

***
Ryu smiled as the two approached the entrance of the bookstore."Carmin, there you are."

"Here we are." Leo corrected.

Carmin waved to him, while Leo glared into his soul, hoping to banish it from Earth altogether.

The store was quite impressive. It had a cozy atmosphere, a sweet caramel smell in the air and lots and lots of books. At the corner of the cozy store there looked to be a barista stand. People were lined up all around to get a cup of something hot.

"How did you find this place?"

"I went shopping with my mom down here a couple weeks ago, and we found it." Ryu informed.

Carmin's excitement filled her to the core, when she saw the table full of manga. She looked over the display, and fangirled."Attack on Titan!" She raved, looking over the books. "I couldn't find the physical copies anywhere-"

"They have everything." Ryu said, joining after her with a smile, as if he was pleased that she was happy.

Leo was having a hard time. He kept telling himself that it was immature to hit someone just because he wanted to. Dr. Jones had given him a number of breathing exercises to use whenever his erratic impulses got hard to maintain.

After meeting Carmin, those impulses became easier to control. Ryu of course, wasn't a contributing factor to that.

Ryu shoved Carmin's shoulder.."I'm gonna go check out the books in the back."

"K." Carmin was too busy flipping through the manga to even care.

The dope glared in Ryu's direction, until the boy had completely disappeared.

"Finally." Leo sneered, feeling relief with Ryu's lack of presence."I don't see how you're friends with him."

"I don't see how I'm friends with a person who blackmailed me into going to an engagement party."

"We've graduated to courtship. We're not friends anymore."

"What kind of drugs are Wyatt giving you?"

"I told you, you're my drug."

"Sto-" Carmin tugged the roots of her hair, again hiding her embarrassment behind that killer glare of hers. "Stop saying things like that."

"Why?"

"I don't like to hear it."

"You mean you're shy?" Leo raised his eyebrow.

"I don't like the feeling."

"If you're shy, that means it's working."

Carmin settled the book, and crossed her arms. "Leonardo."

He followed her actions, "Piccolina."

"Stop courting me."

"Have you agreed to be my lover?"

"W-what? No."

"Then I have to keep courting you." He smirked.

"What if I never agree?" She smirked back at him.

He leaned down to reach her height, and bopped his nose with her finger."Then I'll be courting you for the rest of your life."

"Leonardo!" She snapped at him, covering her nose. "You can not talk to me like that."

"Like that" He scoffed at her lack of terminology. "It's flirting. You didn't seem to mind it when Cris does it."

"What are you talking about?"

Leo clenched his jaw as he explained, "Cris called you adorable and cute, and you didn't tell him to stop."

"I didn't feel-" Carmin shut her mouth, and turned back to her manga.

Her words registered in his mind quicker than any math problem ever could."You didn't feel shy?"

"Die." Carmin grunted.

Leo's lips curled into his second smile of the day.

***
"Damn it." Carmin seethed, as she jumped to get a book that was high on the shelf. "Come one."

She jumped once more. Her fingers couldn't even graze the book..

"Need some help?" Leo asked, as Carmin began a stomping temper tantrum. She was so cute, he could barely contain himself.

"What does it look like?"

"I'll get the book for you." He started, pinching the tip of his chin. "If you agree to give me another hug."

Carmin showed him her middle finger and continued to jump for the book.

"You're never gonna reach it."

"Leave me alone." She gritted her teeth and jumped again.

"Carmin there's-" Ryu turned the corner, and his eyes met with the jumping girl before he could finish that statement. Softly laughing, he took a step forward, reached above her head and retrieved the book for her.

"Here, shorty" Ryu handed her the book, an amused grin.

Leo remembered his breathing exercises, but he couldn't bring himself to actually use them.

"I-" Ryu scratched the back of his neck, as a very unhinged looking Leo glared at him. "They're serving hot chocolate over there, I thought you'd like some-"

"Hot chocolate." Carmin's eyes lit up

"I'll go get it for you." Leo said, enjoying that gleam in her eye. Before he left he gripped her shoulder, and moved her exactly three feet away from Ryu.

The two watched as the scary fellow made his way over to the barista station.

"So, are you two fucking or what?"

Carmin palmed her forehead. "We are not fucking-"

"He looks at me, like he wants to kill me." Ryu shivered."I don't think I've ever seen someone so jealous in real life."

"He's on drugs."

"I'm not into women or men for that matter." Ryu spat. "He has no reason to worry."

"H-He confessed to me." Carmin sighed.

"No fucking kidding." Ryu turned his head a bit to avoid the look Leo was sending him from the barista line. "

"Shut up."

"Did you confess back?"

Carmin raised her eyebrow at him, and looked at him as if he was crazy. "No."

"But you like him."

"What gave that impression?"

"At dinner." Ryu smiled. "Every time he said Piccolina, you stared at the table. You're crazy about him."

"You can't prove that!"

"Such a cute couple." He teased. "Tall and short go fairly well together."

Carmin reached up and pinched his ear. Ryu's head lowered to meet her height. Carmin twisted his ear. "What was that?"

"Such. A. Cute. Couple." Ryu said again, as she dug her fingernails into his flesh. "Are you trying to take off my ear?"

"That's the plan."

Ryu laughed at that, more so than he intended.It had been months since he had been in the presence of his friend Carmin. He was an only child, and truly hated to be left alone, so he had many friends. But Carmin was the only one of his friends who stuck around the longest.

"You're such a sap." Carmin tightened her claws on his ear, when she saw that expression building in his face

"And you're a simp for Leo."

"Take that back!"

"Piccolina!" A hard rugged voice hit her ears, enlisting her to quickly release Ryu from her hold. She didn't know why her body acted as if she'd just been caught doing something wrong, but it did.

Leo with two cups of hot chocolate in hand, was just about ready to pounce.

"I'll go get some too then." Ryu chuckled nervously, and left for the barista line as fast as he could.

Leo held out the drinks to Carmin."With or without marshmallows?"

"With."

"Here." He handed it to her.

Carmin put the drink up to her mouth and flinched when the hot liquid met her tongue.

Leo's harsh gaze softened. "Blow first."Leo gazed at her mouth, hoping and praying she hadn't hurt herself."Did you burn your tongue?"

"No." Carmin blew over the hot liquid, before taking her next sip. The sweet warm chocolate coaxed her tongue, sending her taste buds into delicious satisfaction.

"Good?" Leo questioned, watching her drink.

"Mhm."

"Why-" Leo thought about his words, and his tone as he spoke to her. He was ready to explode. Those breathing exercises were at the back burners of his mind."Piccolina-"

Carmin's phone ringing stopped the conversation from going any further. The dope sighed, and made plans to discuss it further on the car ride home.

"Hello."

"Carmin." Josh called her name with that authoritative tone of his. "Are you going out with that boy?"

"No." She sighed into the phone.

"Well Nic sent me a picture of a bear and a bag of jolly ranchers-"

"Josh I'm not going out with anyone!" She whisper-yelled into the phone, walking away from Leo. That didn't stop the dope from moving closer for a better listen.

"Do we need to have the sex talk?"

"The what talk?" Carmin seethed to him, ready to chuck her phone across the bookstore.

"Should I get my Marley to call you, it might be embarrassing if I try to talk about it-"

"I don't need to have that talk, I'm not-"

"Carmin it's important to be well informed on Sex."

"Ma, already gave me the talk!" She yelped to him, shutting him up.

"Oh."

Carmin hung up the phone.

***

"I'm gonna read them all night." Carmin clutched her large bag of books and manga, as if they were an actual person.

The three had ended up spending much of their afternoon at the bookstore. Leo, though he was feeling "uncultured" enough to go to the bookstore, hadn't picked up one book.

"I'll hold them for you." Leo took the heavy bag off her hands.

Ryu laughed as she pouted at the taller boy. Though Leo scared the ever living hell out of him, it was quite cute to see how sweet he was with Carmin.

"My cars over there, I'll split first." Ryu grabbed the pouting girl's arm, and pulled her in for an embrace.

Leo was close to losing his mind, but he held out. It was taking everything in him.

Carmin grumbled as Ryu patted her back. "Carmin when someone sends you a text message you don't read it and put your phone to the side. You text back!"

"Yea, yea." She shoved him away.

Ryu lowered his voice so only she could hear, "And hurry up and confess back to him."

"Shut up!" Carmin kicked his shin.

"Bye guys." Ryu waved to them both. His hand shot to his side when he saw the storm building in Leo's eyes.

Leo, gritted his teeth and dragged Carmin along to the car. He propped her books in the backseat. Once they were both in the car.....

"How long have you two known each other?" Leo asked, making no move to put the keys in the ignition.

"Since third grade." Carmin answered him.

"I-" That natural intuition of his to scream his lungs out and chuck rocks after Ryu's car was there, but as his sister and Dr. Jones both explained, that unhealthy behavior wouldn't go in a relationship. So he opted to outright say it. "I-

The short girl turned in her seat and reached round the back for the bag of books. Leo watched her struggle through the stack of books without saying a word.

"Here."

The sullen dope frowned even more when Carmin handed him a book. "It's for you." She rolled her eyes and shoved it into his lap.

It was a cookbook.

"What-"

"Your grandma says she's worried you don't eat properly. I think you could use that, since you live alone and all." Carmin bit the inside of her lip. "Page twenty-five looks interesting, I might have to borrow it from you."

Leo slowly grazed his fingertips over the cover as admiration of sorts filled his heart. He clutched the book against his chest and asked, "Is this a courting gift?"

Carmin didn't say anything. She leaned her head against the window and waited for him to start the car.

Leo smiled, as he flipped through the pages of the book. He stopped just on page twenty five where there was a recipe for shepherd's pie. "We can make it together one day."

Your thoughts?
I feel single.
Bro.
These two are too cute for my existence, I was smiling the whole time writing this.
See you next Saturday.
-malayjahthewriter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2M 306K 34
❝Violet tell me to stop and I will ❞ the feeling of his soft lips igniting flames throughout my body, my lower half becoming warmer every second I f...
50.8K 906 54
β™‘ MAFIA ROMANCE β™‘ *BOOK 3 IN "LOVE" SERIES (FINAL) #1 in Mafia (8/4/2023) #1 in brothers best friend (8/4/2023) #10 in enemies to lovers (8/6/2023)...
275K 4.5K 30
"I'm busy," he said sounding slightly irritated. Well that makes two of us. Suddenly I had an idea. I walked over to him with a smirk. I went behind...
62.7K 948 61
π“π‘πˆπ†π†π„π‘ π–π€π‘ππˆππ†: πƒπ€π‘πŠ π‘πŽπŒπ€ππ‚π„, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, π€π‹π‚πŽπ‡πŽπ‹, π–π„π€ππŽππ’ πŒπ„ππ“πˆπŽππ’, π•πˆπŽπ‹π„ππ‚π„ ...