Renegades One Shots (Nodrian...

By PrincessRenegade

A collection of random renegades-themed one-shots! All characters, world, etc, belong to the wonderful Mariss... More

Intro (Not a One-Shot)
Silent Thoughts (Nodrian)
Asking You Out (Osby)
Perfect First Date (Osby)
I'm Sorry (Nodrian)
Bloody Noses (Nodrian)
Awkward Stumble (Nodrian)
Adventures in Baking (Osby)
Movie Night (Osby)
Supernova is Here!!!
My Happy Ending (Nodrian, Spoilers!)
The Christmas Spirit (Part One, no spoilers)
Christmas Spirit (Part 2, final, no spoilers)
Writer's Block (No Longer Relevant)
The Trials (Part 1, No Spoilers)
The Trials (Part 2, No Spoilers)
Soundwave's Plan (Part 1, No Spoilers)
Elementary School Osby (No Spoilers!)
Soundwave's Revenge
Dogs or Cats? (Nodrian Fluff)
Flu Season (Osby, no spoilers)
The Trials Series: Adrian (No spoilers)
Friends (Grade School Osby Rewrite)
Support (Nodrian, Major Supernova Spoilers)
Cramps and Ice Cream (Somewhat Osby, hints of Nodrian, No spoilers)
Mothers and Cupcakes (Osby, slight spoilers)
Family (Nodrian, No Supernova Spoilers)
Sharing a Sundae (Nodrian, Major Spoilers)
What To Expect When You're Expecting: Part One (Spoilers)
What To Expect When You're Expecting: Part Two (Spoilers)
Reunion (Major Supernova Spoilers)
Tragedy (No Spoilers)
Nodrian's Quarantine (Nodrian, implied spoilers)
Unpopular Opinion
Telling the Friends (Nodrian, Osby, Spoilers)
Delivery (Nodrian, Spoilers)
You Meant OUR CHILD?!(Nodrian)
Nova Makes a Mistake (Nodrian, No Spoilers)
PSA For My Readers: You Guys are AWESOME
An Update
It's Out!
The Trials Series: Danna's Trials (No Spoilers)
Truth or Dare (Nodrian & Osby)
The Trials Series: Ruby and Oscar (No spoilers, Slight Osby)
Just Ask Her Already! (Nodrian, Spoilers)
Engagements (Nodrian, Osby, Small Spoilers)
Girl Power (Slight Supernova Spoilers)
Update (Not a One-Shot)
Adrian Makes a Mistake (Supernova Spoilers)
I Always Have! (Surprise Ship, Implied Spoilers)
Family (MAJOR SUPERNOVA SPOILERS)
Osby's Wedding (No Spoilers)
Ask Her Out, You Useless Lesbian
You Have to Heal
I Have Closure (No Spoilers)
Nodrian Wedding (Spoilers)
Renegades on the Big Screen (Minor Spoilers)
Not Perfect, But Still Wonderful (No Spoilers)
New Year's Special (Archenemies Spoilers)
Memories (Spoilers, Mostly Nodrian, Some Osby)
Kittens (No Spoilers)
Different Choices (Supernova AU)(Spoilers)

Book Reviews by the Characters (Major Spoilers)

248 7 5
By PrincessRenegade

*Contains major spoilers for all of Marissa's books*

In honor of Marissa Meyer's new book, a contemporary romance by the name of "Instant Karma", I will be doing book reviews of her books from all the Renegades characters. They will not be reviewing the books they are part of, obviously.

I have not read The Lunar Chronicles in a while, so please forgive me. The reviews on them are short and not very detailed. Heartless is not included because I never actually finished that book (whoops).

The opinions in this is just how I think the characters would feel. They don't necessarily reflect my own opinions.

============================================

Book Reviews as Told by Nova:

Cinder: This book was cool, I guess. Cyborgs are pretty badass. Could do without Prince Kai. I think her feelings for him will only slow her down. I really like Iko. She made me think of something I could possibly invent someday. Plus, I'd pick a robot companion over real people any day. Except Adrian. I will always want him around.

Scarlet: I was super gay for Scarlet. She kicks butt and she's curvy. Weird taste in men, though. But of course, I get it. I never in a million years thought I would fall for Adrian. Scarlett was probably my favorite character so far.

Cress: I liked all the technology in this book. I like technology and I dabble in inventing, and I feel like Cress and I would make pretty good friends. It's sad that she was locked up for most of her life. But I suppose that was kind of like me, or Ace. Maybe Cress and I are more alike than I thought.

Winter: Winter was wonderful! I'm kinda bummed that a poor little wolf got hurt. But I loved how Cinder rallied the team and was able to defeat her aunt. It was intense and kept me on my toes, that's for sure.

Instant Karma: This book needed more action. There was too much romance. Way too much. There was no kicking butts. Except for when Prudence inflicted bad karma on others. But I guess it was good, if romance is your thing.

Book Reviews as Told by Adrian:

Cinder: *Wearing a custom-made Cinder/Kai t-shirt* CINDER WAS SO GOOD. I immediately shipped Cinder and Kai and they are my OTP! I even drew my own fanart! I showed Nova but she wasn't interested. But I loved the book.

Scarlet: *Wearing a custom made Scarlet/Wolf t-shirt* SCARLET WAS SO GOOD! Scarlet kicked so much butt and she and Wolf made the perfect dream team! She introduced him to tomatoes! Tomatoes are clearly the most romantic fruit out there.

(Cherries: ....

Strawberries: ...

Both: WHAT?!)

Cress: *Wearing a custom-made Creswell shirt* The best part of Cress was Cresswell. Fight me. Cress was amazing, and her interactions with Thorne was adorable. I honestly have never read a better book, and I am not sure I ever will.

Winter: *Wearing a "Justice for Ryu" shirt* I LOVED THIS BOOK! It was amazing how everyone came together and everyone ended up with everyone! It had no loose ends and Levana was defeated! Levana kind of reminded me of Nova's uncle Ace. Glad that's over. I felt really bad for Ryu. He didn't deserve to die. And Scarlet didn't deserve to be stuck in a cage. But I loved the ending!

Instant Karma: This book was great. Prudence and Quint are a match made in Heaven. And sea animals are so cute! Actually, after I finished the book, I went on YouTube and looked up sea lion videos and stayed starting at the screen for eight hours just watching hours upon hours of sea lions being cute. Nova had to remind me to eat.

Book Reviews as Told by Oscar:

Cinder: The book was good, but an innocent cake was ruined, which was sad. I really like Cinder, and in a weird way, she reminded me of Ruby. I guess because I see Cinder as strong, and I see Ruby as strong, too. Iko was easily the coolest character. I really liked Prince Kai, too. But the whole book was pretty great.

Scarlet: This was a pretty good book, but there was one part that confused me. Tomatoes? Sir, there are better foods out there than tomatoes. That reminds me of the time Nova dared me to eat a salad. That salad had tomatoes in it and I could barely make it past the first bite. I lost ten dollars that day. So, yeah, why tomatoes? You can have cake. Or, better yet, tacos. I think I'm gonna get some tacos now, actually. Or maybe pizza...

Cress: Cress was good. I really liked Thorne. He was the epitome of cool. And Cress seemed really cool, too. Way to smart to be trapped in a room her whole life. She could have done so much if she was allowed freedom. If Levana is so afraid of her kind, why doesn't she just send them all to Earth? I know she was using their blood for science or whatever, but seriously. Just send them to Earth.

Winter: So, to tell you the truth, I was eating tacos when I read this book, and I got a lot of hot sauce on the book and I ended up missing a few pages because they were rendered unreadable, so I really had no idea what happened and the ending confused me.

Instant Karma: I really liked this book. My mom used to have me listen to the Beatles, so I actually knew a lot of the music from the book. I also really liked the awareness it brought to sea animals. I loved how well Quint and Prudence worked together after their project. It really was great.

Book Reviews as Told by Ruby:

Cinder: Cinder was awesome. I love badass powerful women, so seeing Cinder was like seeing my role model. She was a cyborg, abused by her stepmother, and looked down upon and she still turned out to be a descent human being. The death of her stepsister made me cry, though. Adrian and I had a whole conversation about it. We both cried.

Scarlet: Scarlet was great, too. Another fine example of a powerful woman. Her interactions with Wolf were something I lived for, and I was very upset when I thought he betrayed her. I almost threw the book across my room but stopped when I saw my brother and realized that the book would end up hitting him in the head if it was thrown. I fight with my brothers sometimes, but I'm not a monster. Not like Levana.

Cress: Cress kept me on my feet. I was three books in and I wondered how the series would end. I liked Cress, but Thorne was arrogant, and I know he was meant to be funny, but I just wasn't feeling him. Thank stars that Oscar isn't like him. I actually believe that Cress deserved better than Thorne and she shouldn't have idolized him like she did.

Winter: The ending did not disappoint. I love how all teams ended up getting together. And Wolf reunited with his mom. Too bad she was killed. Levana was a piece of shit, and I'm glad she was killed and Cinder received the title of Queen, even though she wanted to change to democracy.

Instant Karma: This book was great. It was really wholesome and I found the characters to be lovable. And the animals. The book made me want to visit an ethical aquarium or zoo. Which Oscar then promised to do. He said he's working on it. I loved it, and I got mad at Shauna. What kind of asshole steals from a non-profit? But good thing Prudence, Morgan, and Quint exposed her.

Book Reviews as Told by Danna:

Princess Renegade left a pile of books at my doorstep with a note that said "Read". I almost didn't read it out of spite, but then Adrian texted me fangirling about it and I decided that I needed to know what all the fuss was about.

Cinder: This book was action filled, and I liked that. I liked how badass Cinder seemed, and Prince Kai didn't seem like a bad character, either. It was a little slow, I'll admit, but that's because it's the first book. I'm excited to see what happens next.

Scarlet: I liked this one a lot. Scarlet was really cool, and Wolf was awesome, too. This author lady makes some really great characters. Of course, Wolf messed up a few times and made me want to punch him, but in the end, he turned out good. The tomatoes thing was a little strange. I like tomatoes as much as the next person, but Wolf was next level.

Cress: Cress was ok, but if I'm being perfectly honest, I didn't like her all that much. Plus her thing with Thorne was annoying. No girl should be that hung up on a guy. And I'm not saying that because I'm gay. You'd never see me than hung up on a girl, either. But I guess the action in the book was good.

Winter: I tell you what, I did not like Winter, either. I like the book, just not the character. I felt like she had no backbone and just let Levana do whatever she wanted with her. Girl, you gotta stand up for yourself! But I guess the author's goal was to make her sweet, so I can't complain too much. I like how this book was action-filled, and it was long, too. It definitely kept me from getting bored.

Instant Karma: This book was wholesome, but a little too romantic. I like romance just fine, but it's not something I would read because I chose it. I like action and romance, and Instant Karma didn't have enough action. But the concept was sweet, and kudos to Prudence for taking karma into her own hands. And plus, I didn't hate the fact that sea lions were involved in this book. I mean, have you seen sea lions? They're adorable.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys. I just wanted to make a small disclaimer, I don't agree with any of these characters. I have my own view on the books. This was a little hard to write, because I haven't read The Lunar Chronicles in the longest time. I've actually been trying to reread it, but I'm so busy. Maybe after graduation.

I'm sorry that I only gave you one update. Trust me, I'm disappointed in myself way more than you are at me. My Thanksgiving Break was super unproductive. I didn't even work on my schoolwork, which I regret deeply.

Anyway, I told you guys this would be unique, and I hope you enjoyed it.

I should be able to update more during Christmas Break, but we'll see.

Anyways,

Until next time,

Keep reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.5K 2.3K 40
Just a bunch of Jaspar one shots/short stories made by moi |*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*| I will add warnings if they're needed at...
28.4K 544 30
A compilation of AU's and onshots for Kaider. Some are fluffy, while others are devastatingly sad, and every once in a while there's one just for lau...
120K 3.7K 45
(I dont own any adventure time characters) Short one shots between gumlee ^.^ So I started this a while ago when my writing was pretty bad. Just war...
39.2K 472 25
just some oneshots and random stuff <3