Beyond Average | Saiki K. x R...

By Kuruma_Soma

(Y/N) (L/N). Just your average girl, who somehow gets a psychic boy to fall in love with her. And three other... More

1|Transfer Student? Nope
2|Breakup Season/Sports Festival
3|Fortune telling and Cats
4|Christmas and New Year's Joy
5|An unexpected New Year's
6|Movies
7|Apologies from a Perv and Exams
8|More cats and Kaidou's Mom?
9|Kaidou confronts his Mom
10|Helping Perv-itsuka and hanging out with 'friends'
11|Family Talk and A Delayed School Trip
12|Okinawa and a missing hotel
13|Dreams and 'the Beach'
14|Red Bean Anmitsu
15|Delinquent transfer
16| Box Coffee with Cafe Mami
100k Special
17| Detective Kaidou and the Fall School Festival
18| Class Party and Saiki's 'Date'
20| Cyborg Cider Man and Back to School
21| Exposed Delinquent
22| Nendou's Job and the School Marathon
23| 'Playing' with Yuuta and the Karaoke Fiasco
24| The Saiki's Spring Break and video games
25| Clubs and a Crepe-tastrophe
26| Amusement Park and a Questionable Kidnapping
27| Mister Arrogant Transfer Student
28| Mr. Saiki's misfortune and Halloween
29| Saiko's Comeback and Saiki's birthday
S2-30|Saiko Conglomerate visit
31| Pt. 1-Mysterious Sicknesses lead to the Titanic
32| Pt. 2- Capturing a Stray Mera; Realizing the Truth
33| Pt. 3- Taming the Stubborn
34| Pt. 4- A long Fall; Rescued for Good

19| Christmas gifts

50.6K 2.1K 3.4K
By Kuruma_Soma

Saiki P.O.V.

A fake deep voice said, "Ho Ho Ho, hello young Kusuo!"

'What on earth are you wearing? And quit acting like All Might.' I telepathically said while walking down the stairs.

"Aw, but I liked it...anyways, everyone is expecting a gift from Santa Claus, so I better get going!" And with those words, my father didn't even take a step forward when a cracking sound was heard and he went tumbling to the ground.

"Ow, my back! I did it! I really did it this time! Ow ow ow-" He rubbed his back and groaned as he kept repeating the same words. 

"Please fix this, Kusuo!" 

Raising my hand, I was about to rewind time on him until I realized I had already reverted his time today when he stubbed his toe.

"Then please deliver these gifts for me!"

'No.'

"I beg of you Santa Kusuo!"

'Don't ever call me that again.'

"But-" 

"I'll do it!" My 37-year-old mother, dressed in the Santa dress, offered to do it, and obviously, I had to prevent her from going out looking like that. 

So now, dressed in the Santa suit, I flew from house to house, delivering gifts to these bratty children on Christmas day.

'This looks like the last hou-Is that (Y/N)?'

3rd Person P.O.V.

Due to plot reasons, (Y/N) had left her house on Christmas night-

'Stop lying,' A psychic threatened me while levitating towards a roof.

Fine

(Y/N) had left her house on Christmas night because her parents were fighting, again.

'Dang it, author. You really had to give me such incompatible parents, didn't you?' She thought while kicking a stone off the sidewalk.

Why are all the characters hating on me...? 

Looking around and hiding her head in her scarf she mentally said, 'Where am I going to hide this year?'

Turning her attention towards the darkening sky up above, she closed her eyes in deep thought.

'Well, definitely not Saiki's house. I don't want to bother them and I can't keep relying on him every time my parents argue...Where else would be a good place? The supermarket? I don't have any money...the library? It's probably closed...argh!'

She stomped her foot and immediately caught sight of a small park near her. Walking towards it, she decided to sit on a swing, wiping off some dirt beforehand because who knows what's been on there.

Huffing out cold air and wrapping her sleeve around the cold swing chain, she quietly swayed on the swing, recalling the events that happened earlier that day.

"Woman! Where is the food I told you to buy for dinner?" her father jokingly said as he looked in the fridge, her mom sitting on the couch and sewing her ripped mittens, trying to hold in her anger within.

"I already told you that it was your job to pick them up on your way back from work." She didn't yell, but her voice instantly snapped.

Her fathers' head jolted up, and his eyes glared at his wife.

"I clearly told you I wouldn't have time." 

"If you hadn't stayed with your drunk friends you certainly would have had enough time to run a marathon!" 

(Y/N)'s father looked taken aback as if he were just insulted. He realized that the reason his wife was so snappy was that she was still mad because of the year before when he had spent Christmas with his friends and gotten drunk, instead of spending it with his family.

Even worse, this year he had nearly done the same by coming home late from work and smelling like alcohol.

"I was work-"

"Sure you were! Clearly, this receipt doesn't say that you bought beer a day ago? Where is it?"  She held up a receipt between her index and middle finger, her rage finally exploding out.

"Clearly, I can't even have a bit of alcohol because you're in charge, huh?"

Her parent's continuous yells had started to drive her crazy and that final sentence was enough to make her dash out of the house for them to solve their problems on their own.

If her dad didn't want to spend time with their family, so be it. But to continuously raise their hopes of having a decent Christmas dinner, and come home drunk? Surely, not many women would tolerate that behavior.

Especially her prideful mother.

Sighing, the female's eyes started welling up with tears.

'Why didn't mom send me to buy food, like always? Why do they argue every Christmas?  Hey God, I hate Christmas...just wanted to let you know.'

Sighing, she rubbed her eyes and flinched as she heard a 'plop' sound beside her on the next swing.

'A present? How long has that been there...?'

She cautiously looked around the small empty park, expecting someone to call out to her for the mysterious gift.

After not seeing any signs of living beings, she thought, 'Someone must have forgo-'

The pink tag on it caught her eye and she paused to read it.

To: You

From: Santa

Wiping a wet tear off her eye she sniffed and raised the box to eye level, seeing the perfectly wrapped paper curve around the edges as if it had been given special attention.

The female's chest unconsciously warmed, and she held the gift with both hands as she stood up and turned around.

'It's a really nice gift but it's probably someone else's...I'll drop it off at the police station just in case someone comes looking for it. I wonder what's inside though...'

From atop a building, a certain Santa psychic stood still with the empty bag of presents and followed the small female with his eyes.

'...Good grief, just how insecure are you?' He thinks while letting out a heavy sigh.

He had thought that perhaps a gift might cheer her up, but was slightly disappointed when the average female said she'd leave it at the police station.

'Looks like I have no choice but to go and claim it.'

-

Walking into a busy police station, (Y/N) headed towards the receptionist and held out the gift saying, "Um, I found this near the park. I think someone forgot it? Could you hold onto it in case that person comes looking for it?"

The female lady smiled and took it, then said, "Are you sure it's not for you? You could keep it. Not many people are going outside right now, and we donate the gifts after Christmas."

(Y/N) hesitated as she glanced at the Christmas gift that was probably meant for someone else. Making up her mind, she shook her head and said, "No, it's fine."

'I'm sure someone will come looking for it.'

The lady nodded and put the box away with another stack of presents, most likely other lost or forgotten gifts.

Wrapping her scarf around her neck, (Y/N) stepped out into the crisp winter air and walked through town, while our favorite psychic walked into the police station, still dressed as Santa.

-

When (Y/N) got home, she headed straight to her room to not get caught up in her parent's rage. Rubbing her hands together and wrapping herself in her warmest clothing, she sat on her bed and thought about the present she found.

'Speaking of presents...'

Kneeling on the floor, she put all fours on the ground and looked under her bed for certain 'boxes'. 

Moving other, older, and used boxes filled with notebooks (used throughout her previous school years), she reached into the back and pulled out four small boxes, wrapped with decorative Christmas themes. 

She had wrapped these a few days ago when her mom was wrapping gifts for their family. She had hesitated on wrapping these presents, as she was still unsure if she would actually send them to the mail, but in the end, she took a seat next to the Christmas tree and picked up the scrap wrapping paper on the floor that her mother had dropped. Using a variety of colors to wrap the boxes, she felt satisfied with her work and placed the boxes under her bed.

These were gifts meant for her classmates, or 'friends' that she had recently gotten to know. The blue one was titled, 'Shun Kaidou,' another green one was titled, 'Saiki Kusuo,' a pink one had, 'Chiyo Yumehara,' and the last red one contained the name, 'Mera Chisato.' 

As she piled the boxes and carried them to her desk, (Y/N) took out 4 handmade cards from a drawer that had a "Merry Christmas!" written on the cover. The inside revealed a short letter and lots of doodles containing the things the receiver liked, based on her observations.

 Sighing, she thought she felt anxious about gifting these presents to the group she had gotten to know so well, hoping that they would be satisfied and not criticize her work. After all, she rarely ever gifted anyone anything, since she didn't feel like she was friends with anyone.

This group, however, actually made her want to hang out with them, talk, and work on homework together. '

'Pretty silly reasoning.' she mused.

'But, I might as well deliver these to the mail tomorrow...Crap, do we still have stamps?!'

Getting into a frenzy, her mind was slightly lifted from the raging devils she called her parents and proceeded to look for stamps around her desk.

As the night wore on, her parents had yet to make up. She went to bed rather hungry, promising to treat herself to some good food someday this week.

One week later

Having retrieved the gift from the police station intended for a certain average student, Saiki sullenly stared at it upon seeing that the wrapping paper was tattered and the box nearly demolished. Restoring time back to its proper form, he placed it under his arm and headed downstairs.

Upon entering the living room, his mom handed him an envelope and said, "Here you go Kuu! It looks like you needed money for that gift, so you can have your New Year's money early!"

Saiki nodded and turned to his father who was guiltily whistling and trying to look oblivious.

Reaching his arm out, Saiki retracted his fingers, signalizing the words 'Money'.

"W-What? But-"

'I dressed as Santa for Christmas.'

"W-Well, yes, but-"

'I delivered your presents.'

"R-Right, how about 3,000 yen?"

'...'

Saiki was tempted with the offer but once recalling the price of the box in his hands, he glared at his father and forced him to submit more money.

'Presents' he reminded his father once more.

"Fine! 6,000 yen!"

Saiki accepted the money and pocketed it, finally heading out the door.

-

Upon reaching the (L/N) residence, Saiki didn't knock on the door as normal people would. Instead, he placed the gift in the old mailbox outside their house. There were a few other envelopes, tightly sealed and waiting to be opened. 

Dropping off a box and leaving, what a simple task. How could that get two people suspicious of you? Well, let's see how.

After the pink-haired boy turned and abruptly left, (Y/N)'s mom walked towards the house from the opposite direction. The back of his pink head was the only thing she could see before opening the mailbox and finding a gift addressed to her daughter.

Grabbing the other envelopes and struggling to grab her keys, she placed the bags on the ground and surveyed the names on the other envelopes while inserting the key into the keyhole and unlocking the door.

"(Y/N), there's mail for you," The female adult placed all the mail on a small table next to the entrance and carried her food towards the kitchen. 

"Mail? For me??"

(Y/N) placed the control down and went towards the little 'envelope table' as they referred to it since all the mail they ever got was in enveloped and not boxes. They never ordered amazon, so seeing a box wrapped in Christmas paper was new. 

'The tag says it's from Saiki Kusuo....wait a minute-'

She was reading the tag when the wrapping paper caught her attention and the similarity to the previous gift she had encountered. Lifting the box and surveying it, her eyes widened at the resemblance.

'No way, I must be going blind...I wonder what's inside?'

Giving it a light shake and tearing the paper to raise the lid of the box, she awed at the gift bestowed upon her.

'A h-haikyuu notebook?! God bless you, Saiki!'

-

'Well, I didn't expect she'd like it so much. I'm just going to hang this on my bag.'

Saiki grinned while sitting on his chair, surveying the coffee jelly keychain hanging from his finger. He had received it in the mail, with a handmade Christmas card wishing him a Merry Christmas, although it arrived late.

'Although now that her mom suspects me, I'll have to make sure I don't do anything non-average.'

'Kuu, breakfast is ready!'

His mother's voice rang in his head, and he placed the gifts in a drawer.

'I might have to keep my distance.'

-

"Look at who I encountered at the store!"

His mom exclaimed while placing plates on the table.

"Teruhashi, Kaidou and Nendou!" 

The three students were already seated at the table and waiting for the meal to be served, and they waved their hands in greeting.

"Hi, Saiki!"

"Hey, buddy!"

"The Dark Reunion was chasing me so I sought to seek shelter at your home, Saiki."

'Have mercy on me, God, author, or whoever keeps giving me bad luck!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 4.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
104K 2.1K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
485K 10.7K 56
Reneé Rapp X Reader Imagines Regina George x Reader GxG Reneé is taller and older then reader unless requested
947K 16.2K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...