charmed - MAX RUSSO

By mvsticmoony

charmed | "My heart is yours. No refunds!" Wizards of Waverly Place [season three - season four] Max Russo x... More

charmed
one
two
three
four
five
seven
eight
nine
ten

six

12.8K 359 135
By mvsticmoony

⋆⋆⋆

"Repeat after me," Lorelai pointed towards the chalkboard that stood by her side. "Havity No Gravity"

Aaron, Joshua and Athena did what they were told, repeating the words. Lorelai nodded at her children in approval as Joshua held his hand up in the air.

"Mom, we've already learned that spell." The other two nodded in agreement, flashbacking to when they had to made Aaron levitate.

The oldest brother winced at the memory, remembering he had to wear a cast for two weeks after his siblings let him painfully fall down.

"In our defense, we were left unsupervised." He recalled Joshua's lame excuse at his broken wrist like it was yesterday, and remembered how Athena high-fived him countless times in those two weeks, constantly forgetting about his situation.

"I'm well aware, thank you, Joshua." She turned the chalkboard around, revealing another spell written on it. "But this is the new charm you'll be learning today. Now, Aaron, repeat after me 'Sayvus-yer-buttickus'. " He did as he was told. "Great."

"Why Aaron?" The youngest siblings asked in complain.

"Because I'm way smarter than the two of you." He answered in a obvious voice, making his brothers roll their eyes at him.

"Whats this spell for?" Athena asked with furrowed brows, ignoring her brother's statement.

Lorelai motioned to the couch resting in the middle of their lair. "This charm is like a complement to the levitation spell you've already learned. It will make the couch follow after you as your brothers make you levitate." Athena widened her eyes.

"You want them to levitate me?" She pointed with her thumbs to Aaron and Joshua, who sat by her sides. "Are you trying to get me killed, woman?"

Aaron closed his hand in a fist and shook it. "Payback." He contemplated.

"No, not payback, Aaron." Lorelai corrected. "Since you weren't able to practice the levitating spell back then, you and Joshua will be performing it now on your sister. Along with the following-couch spell." Athena groaned. "Now let's go already!"

The three got up from their seats, moving to the center of the lair, where Athena stood with a scowl, knowing that her brothers would most likely drop her.

She stood between the two with her arms crossed and the two held out their wands.

"Okay, now do the levitating spell." Lorelai instructed their sons.

Joshua and Aaron gave each other a small nod. "Havity No Gravity" They said in sync and waved their wands.

As soon as the words left their mouths, Athena felt her herself being lifted from the ground. She held out her arms in search from balance and felt her heart rushing in her chestcase.

"Okay! Okay! Now put me down!" She protested.

"Oh, but we're having such a great time!" Joshua amused, trying not to laugh at his sister's desperation.

"Put me down!" She yelled just as they started to wave her around. "Mom, tell them to put me down!"

Lorelai snorted, crossing her arms over of her chest and leaning into a wall. "Consider this your punishment for using magic in public, sweetie." She said in a peaceful tone. The blonde girl groaned, still trashing around in the air.

"Okay, now, Aaron, do the couch spell." Lorelai told him after a few moments as she motioned to the olive green couch next to them.

Aaron cleared his throat and took a deep breath, concentrating to keep the levitation spell going on with Joshua (it required two wizards to perform it) and do the other one at the same time. "Sayvus-yer-bu-" He started, but was interrupted by his brother sneezing.

Athena went down a few inches in a swing motion out of the sudden, letting out a strangled gasp. "Joshua!" She snarled at him, who mumbled a 'sorry'

"Just do the spell." Their mom told them, this time more seriously, concerned about Athena's abrupt (almost) fall.

Aaron cleared his throat loudly one more time, glaring at Joshua. "Sayvus-ye-" This time he was interrupted by the portal door of the lair opening behind him.

"Sup, family!" Alex greeted with her usual grin in a high voice, Max and Justin after her, making Aaron loose all his concentration, not expecting to hear voices behind him.

In a moment, he and Joshua were holding their sister in the air, both filled with focus (even if they messed around with her for a little bit, they still didn't want her to get hurt -that's what big brothers a for, right?) and in the other moment, Athena letting out a strangled scream and fell harshly on the floor.

"Oof." They all said at the same time, flinching as she collapsed.

The girl groaned in pain, using her elbows for support. She fought tears forming in the corners of her eyes and sat up straighter, reaching out for her ankle.

"Payback really is a bitch." Joshua blurted out with his head tilted to the side, his eyes glued at the strange angle his sister's ankle was.

⋆⋆⋆

"Oh, Athena, sweetie! We're so sorry for your ankle!" Theresa said as she opened the door.

"Its alright, Mrs Russo." The girl grinned at her, limping inside as Theresa motioned for her and her family to get in. "It's not as bad as it seems."

Jerry frowned from his seat around the dinning table. "Really?" He questioned.

Athena bit her lip, beginning to nod; but the nod became a wobble and her smile turned into a pained expression. "No, it hurts like hell."

After the sudden arrival of the Russos and the girl injuring her ankle, Lorelai took her daughter to the hospital (she didn't like to use magic to fix her children's wounds, knowing that one day, two of them wouldn't be able to heal with magic -since only one could be the family's wizard). As soon as the Russos started to apologize and Joshua and Aaron started to yell at each other, Athena assured the Russo siblings that it wasn't their fault; while the mother lectured her sons about how payback wasn't right way to handle things. In the end, Aaron and Joshua ended up getting stuck at home doing homework, while Athena went to dinner at the Russo's (they went there in the first place to ask if they wanted to come, but everything happened and Max just blurted the question out after apologizing a thousand times).

Theresa clicked her tongue, walking over to Athena's side and wrapping an arm around the girl's waist for support. "I'm so sorry that Alex, Justin and Max made you fall." She apologized for her children, but the girl shook her head.

"Nahh, it was mainly Aaron's fault." She said in a mockery tone that Theresa decided not to question, and started to guide her to the kitchen counter where Max and Justin found themselves eating.

"Hey, Athena, right?" Mason Greyback's accented voice rang on Athena's ears.

The girl turned to him and smiled. "Yes. Hi, Mason!"

He smiled back at her.

"How's your leg?" That was the first question that came out of Max's mouth as Athena reached the counter with his mother.

Theresa helped her sit and pointed towards the other table, where the other Russos plus Harper and Mason were. "If you need anything-"

"Don't worry about me." She grinned at mamma Russo, but the woman narrowed her eyes at her before turning to Max and Justin with a accusing finger.

"If she needs anything-"

"Yeah, yeah, we already know it." Justin interrupted while playing with what Athena thought were mashed potato left overs.

"Okay, then." With that, Theresa walked away, leaving the three teens by themselves.

"So? How is it?" Max repeated himself anxiously.

"It's alright, just hurts a little bit." She gave a half-shrug, masking how much it actually hurt. She didn't want him to keep apologizing saying that it was his fault. Max frowned, raising a brow at her. "Okay, it hurts a lot but its not a big deal. I'll only have to wear this splint for a few weeks."

The boy clicked his tongue and shook his head. "I'm sorry we caused this much trouble. I'm really s-"

"If you apologize one more time I swear to god I'll squeeze your kneecaps until you're crying." She threatened him playfully (but she meant it), knowing Max absolutely hated when his kneecaps were squeezed. He gulped and forced a laugh. Athena placed her hand on top of his and gave it a light squeeze. "Really, Max, don't worry about it."

He turned to face her, but before he got to say anything, Justin interrupted their moment with a loud 'yuck'. The oldest Russo sibling held a disgusted look on his face as he watched his little brother and his friend. "I can't stand the sight of young love. It only reminds me of... Juliet." His voice broke and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

After those words were spoken by Justin, Athena and Max immediately took their hands away from each other's and felt their cheeks burning with embarrassment. In that moment, Max wished he could do the levitation spell on Justin and drop him (preferably out of the window).

A few moments passed, and all Athena hoped was that someone would distract her from Justin previous comment. She and Max avoided each other's gaze, both of them keeping their full attention to their plates. Needless to say that the Jones girl felt like kissing Harper when she approached the counter, leaning in her elbows.

"So, Athena, Max." She started. "How was that Chemistry presentation you guys had this morning?" She took a bun in her hands, ripping a piece apart. "Chemical bonds, right?"

Max nodded. "Yeah, it was alright."

"Mr Logan was... euphoric, to say the least." The girl tilted her head at the thought of how their chemistry teacher was at his peak in that morning. "He even wore his 'chem rocks!' shirt."

Harper widened her eyes. "Legend says he only wears that shirt when he's-" The Finkle girl was interrupted by a loud gasp coming from the dinning table. They all frowned and turned to see what it was.

"Oh, my! It's getting dark! I'm afraid I'm late." Mason yelled and abruptly got up from where he sat, his eyes glued to the sky outside the window.

"Wait, wait! Late for what?" Alex ran after her boyfriend.

Athena turned on her sitting bench, struggling a little bit, in order to see what was happening behind her. Max's eyes traveled to the blonde sitting by his side, trying to cope with her leg sprint and to find a good position. He bit the inside of his cheek before bending on his seat and reaching out for her leg with both hands. Athena wrinkled her brows at what he was doing, but didn't complain. Next thing she knew, her leg was comfortably resting on Max's lap.

He gave her a nervous look. "Better?"

Athena took a few moments to take in his action, her heart exploding in her chest. "Perfect." She mumbled with a small and grateful smile.

Harper and Justin exchanged a knowing look as they watched the two.

"Uh, I just have to go. Thank you for the splendid dinner, Mr and Mrs Russo." Mason's voice dragged their attention back to the scene. He kissed Alex's cheek before running out of the apartment. "Bye, love. I'll see you tomorrow." He said before closing the door behind him.

Athena tilted her head to the side. "Hm. " She hummed.

Max turned to her with curiosity in his caramel eyes. "What?"

"His aura is pure nervousness." She clarified, still looking at the door.

"You can see people's auras?" He questioned and the girl shrugged.

"Sometimes. Only when they're too strong."

Max gulped and asked himself if she had ever seen his aura. The boy wondered if she had ever noticed how nervous he got around her or how his heart would race whenever they spoke, causing him to say more nonsenses than usual. He tried to calm down his nerves, now knowing that if he got too ecstatic, she would most definitely know.

"Ok. I know what you're all thinking." Alex turned to them. "That every time he's here he suddenly leaves without a good explanation." She started to walk towards the couch. "And now he says he buys a lot of jewelry. So this could only mean one thing."

"He's got another girlfriend." Harper blurted out, nodding at herself for concluding that.

"Thanks a lot, Harper." Alex waved her arms in the air. "I was just gonna say he was an international jewel thief with the Feds on his tail, but yours is probably closer." The Russo girl threw herself on the couch and sighed heavily.

Athena felt her heart sinking in her chest at the thought of her friend being cheated on. The girl absolutely despised cheaters, seeing her father had cheated on their mom before he left. She clenched her jaw, thinking of all the most painful spells she had ever learned to cast on Mason if he was, indeed, a cheater. Max glanced at her and put a hand on top of her leg, caressing small circles. She looked at him and flashed a smile.

'Oh boy.' Max realized he would have to try a lot harder to hide his ecstasy.

⋆⋆⋆

Author's notes:

Hi hi :)

Thank you so much for 600 reads on this book, it truly means the world to me to see that you guys are actually enjoying this story!

Also, I wanted to let you guys know that the next two or three chapters will be during the Wizards vs Werewolves episodes (part one and two) because honestly it's just too much for me to write in two chapters lol.

Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful day or night and I'll see you in the next chapter

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.5K 1.7K 30
Alex has officially become the Russo Family wizard, everything should be fine in her life right? Wrong. After getting her full powers her boyfriend...
576K 12.7K 37
"But feelings can't be ignored, no matter how unjust or ungrateful they seem." - "Princess my ass, I'm the motherfucking queen." {on hold until seaso...
91.9K 2.2K 93
A continuation of Stole My Heart since Wattpad apparently allows 200 parts per book. Season 13-17
140K 6.8K 32
{Larry Stylinson/Hogwarts AU} Have I told you lately that I love you? Have I told you there's no one else above you? Copyright 2018, thighhighlarry...