His Majesty, Her Grace - Prin...

By 1StarLightWriter1

Tensions between Narnians and Telmarines have never been so high. Many Narnians have lost hope in the return... More

Quick Author's Note
Chapter 1 - The Sea
Chapter 2 - The Escape
Chapter 3 - The Telmarine Prince
Chapter 4 - Hope
Chapter 5 - Taken
Chapter 6 - Rescue
Chapter 7 - The Kings and Queens
Chapter 8 - Closer
Chapter 9 - The Plan
Chapter 10 - Element of Surprise
Chapter 11 - The White Witch
Chapter 12 - The Queens
Chapter 13 - The Telmarine Who Saves Narnia
Chapter 14 - The Beginning
Chapter 15 - The Plan
Chapter 17 - The Battle Pt. 1
Chapter 18 - The Battle Pt. 2
Chapter 19 - Celebration
Chapter 20 - Goodbye
Authors Note ⚠️IMPORTANT⚠️

Chapter 16 - The Duel

2.8K 79 3
By 1StarLightWriter1

Althea's POV

Lucy and I safely make it out of the tunnel. The cheers of Narnians and Telmarines sound muffled by the trees. Caspian's horse is fast and I make him to go faster. We haven't been riding for long before we reach a small pond, the first sign that we are going in the right direction. I stick close to the sheer hill as we pass. We've almost made it away from the battlefield when I hear shouts and horses on the ridge behind us.

"They've seen us!" Lucy yells, holding on to me tighter. I lead the horse down into a small thinning of trees and pull him to a stop. I climb off him and hand the reins to Lucy.

"What are you doing?" She asks, panic thick in her voice.

"I'm sorry Lucy. But it looks as if you'll be going alone after all." I say, the sounds of the soldiers getting closer. "Listen, go up that small hill there. At the bottom, the trees get thicker. If any get past me, you'll be able to lose them."

She doesn't say anything so I smack the horse's behind making him move forward again. As she leaves I unsheathe my daggers wishing I had a more versatile weapon. I hide behind a tree and wait, my body shaking with adrenaline. When the soldiers are right on the other side of the tree, I leap out, throwing one knife at the closest Telmarine. He slumps forward and falls off his horse. Another rushes at me and I duck under his sword, my blade cutting through the straps holding his saddle to the horse. He slides to the ground too as I quickly unlodge my knife from the first. That leaves four and they're all circling me. I chuck the dagger again, killing another one. One starts to slip away, trying to leave and go after Lucy so I frantically throw the last one. A horse knocks into my side and I just barely manage to protect my face as I fall onto my back. His horse prances in front of me, the soldier about to run me through with his spear.

I hear someone shout behind me and my heart leaps when Caspian comes out of nowhere, using his horse and sword to block the soldier from me. He takes him down effortlessly before sheathing his sword again. I scramble around to pick up my daggers while that's going on.

He pulls his horse around to me, holding out his hand and smiling down at me.

"You almost broke your promise." I just laugh and shake my head as I take his hand and get hoisted up behind him.

"I don't remember promising anything." I scoff, slithering my arms around his waist. I hear him chuckle quietly as we take off back to the How.

~

When we burst back into the clearing, the duel is still going on. Both opponents looking worse for wear. Peter looks up at us before exchanging some words with Miraz. Caspian helps me off the horse and follows shortly after, Peter and Miraz seem to have agreed to take a break. Peter looks like he's in a lot of pain and is clutching as his shoulder so I start for him to help.

"Lucy?" He asks.

"She got through, with a little help," I explain, glancing at Caspian.

"Thanks." Peter sighs.

"I better get up there, just in case," Susan says from behind him, motioning to the ledge of archers.

"You're right. I don't expect the Telmarines will keep their word." Peter says. Susan gives him a short hug and his response is a groan of pain.

"Sorry."

"It's alright."

"Keep smiling," Edmund says, looking back at the Narnians who are starting to worry for their king. Susan leaves, running into the entrance of the How while Peter holds his sword up in triumph. The Narnians cheer and I can't help but smile as hope fills my chest.

"They're cheering for you too. You saved their queen." Caspian whispers in my ear. We send each other smiles but I look to Peter after I hear him gasp in pain again. Edmund pulled off his shield and looks at a loss for what to do next.

"I can help," I say, going towards them to steady Peter.

"I think it's dislocated." I motion for Edmund to hold his other arm while I feel around his shoulder which is luckily only dislocated. If it had been broken there would be no way he could win this fight, but all I have to do is set it.

"What do you think happens back home, if you die here?" Peter asks, looking at Edmund. A twinge of sadness hurts my chest for a split second, I don't understand the whole different world thing but I imagine it's something like ours, and I would never want to die in another one.

He starts to say something else, but I take advantage of Peter being distracted and force his shoulder back into place. He yelps and starts to fall forward but I pull him back up.

"Save it for later," Edmund says.

"Thank you," Peter says to me. I just nod and smile down at him. Caspian and I help him stand while Edmund hands him his sword. I pick up his helmet and hold it out for him, but he shakes his head and pushes it away. The Narnians roar with cheers of determination as Peter steps towards Miraz who also rejects his helmet.

Peter doesn't wait and charges straight at Miraz. He dodges and counterattacks swinging his sword around. Peter deflects it and uses his shield to block another strike. Miraz keeps pushing Peter back until he's trapped in the corner. Peter swipes and Miraz ducks, managing to spin and hit him into one of the pillars. Peter can't get up fast enough and swings his legs around at Miraz knocking him to the ground too. They both scramble to their feet and Peter somehow gets a hold of Miraz's sword. I tense up beside Caspian and I feel like I can't breathe. Peter pulls Miraz's sword away from his hand and starts wildly hitting Miraz's shield with it. I suddenly feel Caspian's hand, his fingers lacing in between mine. as holds my hand tightly.

Peter lunges and Miraz pulls his sword away, knocking his shield into Peter's face. He grabs the shield and twists it around so that's Miraz's arm is bent awkwardly behind his back. He elbows Peter in the face then shoves him backward into a rock. Peter lands on the same shoulder I just set and I can feel his pain as he just barely manages to dodge another blow. Peter uses all his strength and punches Miraz's cut up leg. Caspian's hand relaxes as Miraz cries out and falls to his knees.

"Nows not the time for chivalry Peter!" Edmund yells.

Peter hesitates, conflicted. After a few seconds, he chooses to let him live and starts walking back towards us. I see Miraz behind him, starting to reach for his sword again.

"Look out!" I yell. Caspian instinctually goes to draw his sword, letting go of my hand, and Glenstorm raises his massive weapon as well, ready to stop the Telamarine King from cheating.

Luckily Peter is able to lunge out of the way just in time. He manages to take the sword from Miraz, spins and stabs him. The sword lodges up under Miraz's left shoulder aimed perfectly in between his plates of armor. He gasps in pain and a shocked look covers his face as he falls to his knees again. Peter holds the sword up ready to kill Miraz, but once again is faced with an impossible choice.

"What's the matter, boy?" Miraz croaks. "Too cowardly to take a life?"

"It's not mine to take," Peter says. He steps to the side and holds the sword out for Caspian. An expression I've never seen nor could describe coats Caspian's face. He looks angry, afraid, and a whole range of emotions all at the same time. He looks down at me, a storm raging in his dark oak brown eyes. I can't give him an answer this time, he has to do this alone. He steps away from me, slowly walking to the two kings. He wraps his hand around the handle so tight, his knuckles turn white. Peter moves back to stand with us and we all watch in anticipation. A sick feeling builds in my body as Caspian slowly pulls the blade above his head.

"Perhaps I was wrong, maybe you do have the makings of a Telmarine King after all," Miraz says. My hands are cold and weak as I see Caspian visibility start to shake with anger.

My heart twists and feels as if it's going to break the moment Caspian's agonizing scream reaches my ears. He slams the sword towards Miraz and then it's deadly silent. The sword sticks out of the dirt and Miraz looks up in disbelief.

"Not one like you," Caspian mutters, emotion still thick in his voice. "Keep your life but I am giving the Narnians back their kingdom."

Caspian looks up at Miraz's men and turns back to face us. The Narnians erupt into hysterical cheers and my chest fills with a warm, strong feeling. Caspian looks at me like no one else is around. He looks like he's on the verge of tears and honestly so am I. He moves towards me but my heart drops into my stomach at the sight behind him.

One of Miraz's men has stabbed Miraz with one of Susan's red-feathered arrows. Moral cries out and falls to the ground, dead.
~~~
Hope you guys enjoyed!
Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for future updates.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 81 17
The Pevensie siblings and Y/n get back to Narnia. They have an adventure comming towards them, along with realisation about something that suprises t...
296K 9.4K 32
❝she'd gone from being irrelevant to being unavoidable, and what wouldn't peter give just to see her one more time❞ [book 2] ✳︎✳︎✳︎ good people alway...
5.7K 120 14
You didn't think it was over, did you? This is a sequel to my previous Narnia story The Choice, if you haven't read it already, what are you waiting...
17.2K 319 14
(Peter Pevensie Story) After many centuries the Pevensies return to Narnia in hopes of everything being the same, yet things have changed. Humans kno...