Heartbeat - Yoonminseok

By SeonghwasLight

Jimin is great friends with the Yoonseok couple, and can't help to feel something more. At some point Jimin f... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
✧ Book Cover ✧
πŸ’•26πŸ’•

25

1.5K 72 24
By SeonghwasLight

It's been a week since Jiwoo was bombarded with many gifts from Hoseok, which I still tried to pay him back, but for some reason, I always ended up with more money than originally.

It was just me and Jiwoo in the apartment today since Hoseok and Yoongi were at an award show that they were nominated for the best rookie group this year and were even performing. I luckily took a day off to spend time with Jiwoo, and to watch the award show.

"Jiwoo look it's your oppas!" I said happily as everyone popped up on the screen. Jiwoo giggles from the excitement in my voice causing me to giggle as well.

We sat on the comfortable couch with sugary sweets surrounding us, all of them for me since Jiwoo couldn't eat solid food yet. Soft pillows and blankets, that I collected from around the house, surrounded us.

My focus was pulled away from the screen when a knock was heard from the front door. I sigh, thinking it was a salesman or something, and stand up with Jiwoo in my hands.

It's fricken 10 pm what could someone want from me at this time? I mean unless you're girls scouts selling cookies then I don't want you. I think to myself as I walk to the door.

"Hello?" I spoke as I open the door and met a young girl with long silky hair. She was in a pink sweater and jeans, holding a cake in both of her hands. Her smile, which looked very familiar, was very bright, showing all her pearl white teeth.

The girl gets a good look at me and then frowns, "You got to be kidding me! Did they move and not tell me, what kind of bro-"

Before she could finish I interrupted her, "I'm sorry but who are you?" I asked and she sighs.

"Hello, I'm Nayeon. I think I have mistaken your apartment for someone else's. Do you by any chance know anyone by the name, Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi, who live here?" She questions.

I squint my eyes in suspicion. Is she a crazy fan of theirs or is she actually a friend? But why would she knock on the door, wouldn't she have known they were gone at an award show?

"I do know them, but what is your connection with them?" I asked, at this point, Jiwoo was getting cranky in my hold. I hand her my sleeve, knowing she would be busy trying to eat it, giving me some time to talk with the stranger.

"Oh, I'm Hoseok's older sister. I wanted to surprise them with a cake because they are winning an award tonight, well I hope they win. Anyway, I thought they lived here, and I even made sure it was their apartment but you opened the door, and they did warn me they got a new roommate but I'm sure they wouldn't have a roommate with someone who has a baby." She explains quickly and even points to Jiwoo, knowing she was probably wasting my time.

"Heh, yeah... funny thing they did roommate with someone who has a baby." I joke and she looks at me in shock, her jaw-dropping to the floor. So she's Hoseok's sister? I guess he did mention he had an older sister, but I never got a chance to meet her until now.

"I am so sorry! It's nice to meet you..."

"Park Jimin," I said with a gentle smile, and she smiles back.

"Well Jimin, I hope you don't mind me hanging out with you for a while until my brother shows up." She says and I chuckle.

"I don't mind besides I am lonely and wouldn't mind company besides Jiwoo's," I said making way for her to walk in, she gently walks in and takes off her shoes.

"So they got a roommate with a baby? I never saw this coming, I guess this is something my brother would agree with but Yoongi? He seems to be the type to get annoyed by a baby." She jokes as she walks into the kitchen, places the cake onto the counter, and makes her way to the fridge to find a drink. I scratch my head anxiously, not knowing what to say.

She noticed the awkwardness and smiles as she sits down on the counter with a soda in hand. She opens it and takes a sip with a long sigh following afterward. "Do you mind telling me how you became their roommate? No need to be anxious, I don't judge."

I hold Jiwoo in front of me a smile at her, gaining a smile from her in return. "Yoongi, Hoseok, and I have been close friends for years. I left during the last year of high school and got in some trouble and needed help. Hoseok and Yoongi were their with open arms, so that's how I turned up here." I explained and I play with Jiwoo's dark hair, which has begun to curl at the ends.

"Oh..." she says in return as she looks at her soda, this time none of us had the confidence to break the awkwardness.

I was about to speak but the tv interrupted me.

"Now for the performance that many of us have been waiting for. The world's new upcoming artist... BTS!!!" The announcer on the screen yelled out as the lights turned off on the stage and slowly a light would turn on revealing each member until a light was shining on all of them.

"Cause I-I-I'm in the stars tonight. So watch me bring the fire and set the night alight..."

Nayeon and I look at the screen with a smile. We rush to the couch and sit down watching the boys take the spotlight with their song.

"I can't believe they've gone so far," I said with pride as my eyes following the screen, eyes shining bright.

Finally, the performance ended, and shortly after they were given the award for the best rookie group of the year. Nayeon and I just sat there waiting for the others to come back, Yoongi had let us know all of them were coming over to celebrate, we were chatting up a storm with laughter, sometimes we would talk about Jiwoo and talk about how cute she was.

"You know you hold a lot of emotions when watching them," Nayeon says now drinking a beer she found in the fridge, hidden in the back. I look up at her, a comfortable silence filling the room. "Your eyes shine bright like you've accomplished your dreams."

"I don't know, maybe I did accomplish something," I said and she nods.

She takes another drink from her beer, "You must be proud of them seeing them on the stage making goals many people wish of-"

"I was supposed to be with them. It was our plan but I was a fool to fail that plan and fuck my life over..." I said and grab the beer can from her hands and gulp down the rest of it, "But for some reason, I'm not that mad, and not jealous. I feel proud and seeing them perform fills that empty hole I left alone a long time ago." I said as I close my eyes and smile, imagining myself if I was with them on stage, but slowly that thought vanished and I open my eyes and met with Nayeon's pitty expression.

"I'm so sorry.." She says as she grabs my hands and smiles at me, a smile full of happiness, sadness, and hope. Before we can continue the conversation a beep chimes throughout the apartment signaling us someone has entered the apartment.

"The best rookie group of the year has entered the apartment!" Taehyung's loud voices booms throughout the apartment, I remove my hands from Nayeon's gently and hold Jiwoo and walk to the front door.

"Welcome, how did everything go?" I ask as everyone piled in, Hoseok walks up to me and hugs me, and gives Jiwoo a peck on her forehead.

He gives me his signature bright smile, "It was everything, I wish you could've been there."

"Give me! Give me!" I hear Jin squeals out as he reaches out for Jiwoo, who she squeals seeing her favorite Oppa. Jin squeals even more from her reaction and grabs her from my hands and kisses her and rushes off to the living area. I sigh and was about to walk to Yoongi but notice a strange girl standing next to him, chatting with him with a bright smile.

She was definitely pretty, but who was she? I asked myself but only to stop myself knowing I was being petty and jealous for no reason.

"Congrats on winning!" I walk up to Yoongi and hug him, he hugs me back and pulls away after planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Did you watch all of it? I saw online the camera was fixated on us most of the time when it came to the reactions of another artist." He says with a chuckle and I smile seeing his gummy smile, knowing he was truly delighted when he knows it off.

"Of course the camera was on you most of the time! You guys were the best and you're even trending #1 on Twitter! I'm so proud of you!" I said, and he wraps his arms around my waist. I was about to continue but a cough interrupts us.

Yoongi slowly removes his hands, "Oh Jimin meet Nancy she is Jungkook's younger sister, she was away in America for the time we were friends in high school. She finally came back and met us during graduation." He explains and gestures to the pretty girl with who he was talking with earlier.

"It's nice to meet you Jimin! I heard many things about you, and congratulations on having a baby! I'm sure you and your husband are happy, can't wait to meet him." She says with a smile as she gestures her hand out for me to shake.

I hesitantly shake her hand before saying, "Oh I don't have a husband." Anger kinda rose up inside me because she assumed I was married, but I hide it with a fake smile.

"Oh? I'm sorry I didn't know he left you. I didn't mean to be rude or anything." She said as she puts on a cute pout and plays with her fingers, awkwardly.

It took me a lot not to hit her but I held it back, "I left him, he didn't have a say in anything." I said, and Yoongi just stands in between us awkwardly, oblivious of the matter that was occurring in front of him.

"Jimin, Nancy offered to watch over Jiwoo while you work. I'm sure that will help you, and she said she would even do it free since she needs hours of charity for school credit." He says and I look at him, a flame lit in my eyes.

I'm no charity work.

I look back at Nancy, "I would have to see, and think about it." I said and she nods and all three of us make our way to the dining room where everyone was in admiring the food and cake.

We all sat down, Jiwoo now in Jungkook's arms. "Cheers to the first win and first award performance!" Namjoon said and we all cheered with the drinks in our hands and drank up.

I sat in between Hoseok and Yoongi and we all looked at each other smiling, I just knew I was where I meant to be no matter if it's what I dreamt of or not.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry for the very late update! I didn't have a chance to work on anything because of family problems and holidays. Everyone, please be safe though,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 246 24
Y/N; a Harvard student, junk food enthusiast, Park Jimin's lover and idol, yet he doesn't know you're both. How does that work? Read to find out. β€’CO...
26.4K 1K 52
Jimin and Yoongi been married for years. Their lives from everything they own is something that others could only dream of. They have everything mone...
189K 10.7K 52
Min Yoongi and church was never really a good idea but what made it worth it was one of the church boys and Park Jimin is a church boy being held bac...
42.7K 1.9K 15
-When I will grow up, I want to marry you, Jimin-ah.