Just Me and You

By soccerfanatic2

There's a new girl in town - yet she isn't a soccer player. At least not anymore. Her name is Alexis, but eve... More

Characters
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 1

5K 91 3
By soccerfanatic2

Lexi's POV

"Pia, slow down! I understand you're really excited but I need you to take a deep breathe okay?"

The blonde haired four year old and her golden doodle puppy Tucker come to a halt and her shoulders slump as she slowly turns around.

"Mommy I'm just so excited! We have a new house! And it's so warm here, let's go swimming!"

Catching up to her, I kneel down to her height, place my bag by my side, and put both of my hands on her cheeks.

"I know you're excited Pia girl, but we can't swim just yet. Let's unpack a little and maybe we can swim this afternoon okay? Now, let's go see inside."

Standing up, I grab her hand and walk a couple more feet before standing in front of the apartment. When I finished my rotation here in Houston at Texas Children's, I knew that this is where I wanted to be and where I wanted to call home. I was done traveling for work, and I wanted Pia to have a solid home instead of living out of boxes. I signed a four year contract in the pediatric ICU here, and I officially finished my fitness coach and athletic training degree 2 months ago. Although I haven't found a job to fulfill that part of my career yet, I want to start looking soon.

But for now, I want to settle into our apartment before starting work in two weeks. And I have a LOT of work to do before then.

Putting the key in the lock, I push the door open and Pia immediately runs inside, Tucker right at her heels. I sigh and smile seeing the apartment already filled. I had all our stuff shipped here a week ago - furniture, boxes, Knick knacks, etc. The moving company set everything up for us furniture wise so all I would have to do is unpack. Placing my bag on the kitchen counter I walk over to the wall filled with windows and stand behind my daughter.

"It's so pretty here mommy."

"It is, isn't it? Are you excited?"

"I'm so excited! Do I have to have a babysitter here? I am getting older mommy, I'm so big!"

Smiling at her and laughing slightly, I then sit down on the floor and pull her into my lap.

"I know you're a very big girl, and you're so so helpful. Unfortunately though, I will have to find you a babysitter. But, you'll be five soon and August is only 4 months away. Then you'll get to start kindergarten and things will be a little different. But the good thing is, Ella is still going to be your babysitter!"

Working 12 hour days as a single mom is definitely not easy. My schedule is never the same, and I definitely miss being home with my daughter. I adopted Pia when I was 24. She was brought into the ICU I was working at when she was 3 months old, and before I could even treat her, her mom told me she couldn't take care of her and she was leaving her here. Her mom was only 19, and Pia had a heart problem that needed lots of medical attention. I sat with her mom and tried to reason with her, but she just wouldn't listen. I took care of Pia for 2 months, and watched her heart grow stronger. I spent extra time at the hospital at night holding her and singing. I grew attached very quickly, and knew I couldn't leave her in foster care. The day she was supposed to leave I adopted her. It was the only thing I thought would be right.

When I was working in Houston during my rotation, I found a nanny for Pia, her name was Ella - and to say her and Pia were inseparable was an understatement. She lives in this apartment building so she'll be nice and close for when I'm called in.

"So, how about we play some music, and I will unpack while you and Tucker play in your room?"

"Okay!"

Her and Tucker run toward the hallway and I make my way to the kitchen, diving into all the boxes.

Over the next several hours, I finish unpacking everything except my own bedroom. I ordered us lunch and we took a break to eat out on the balcony a couple of hours ago, and now I'm slumped on the couch with Pia laying next to me and Tucker at our feet.

"Can we swim now mommy?"

Looking at the clock about the TV, it reads 3:24pm and it's still nice and sunny outside.

"Sure. Why don't we go put on our swimsuits and then we will go out to dinner after?"

"Yay! I want tacos!"

As she runs down the hall, I follow behind her and catch her in my arms before spinning us in a circle. Giving her a kiss on the cheek, I then give her a small smile.

"I love you."

"I love you too mommy."

The two of us dress quickly, Pia wearing a purple and blue bikini, me wearing a yellow one. Placing some shorts over my bottoms, I grab my phone, sunscreen and 2 towels before placing them in the bag and heading toward the door.

Pia is sitting there with Tucker in her lap.

"Alright Tucker, time to go in your crate okay? Well be back soon!"

Tucker trots over to his crate and Pia follows, locking it behind him while giving him a treat. I place my sunglasses on my head and grab my keys, waiting for Pia with the door open.

"Ready my love?"

"Let's go!"

Walking toward the elevator, we get on and head down to the main floor. Walking out the back doors we find 2 chairs with an umbrella before placing our stuff down.

Before I can even sit, Pia takes of running.

"Wait not yet, you need sunscreen."

"Ahh but I don't want any! It's so sticky."

She turn around with her arms crossed and her nose scrunched.

"Just a little bit. And you can't jump in with your shorts on, they'll get all wet."

Looking down to see her shorts are indeed on, her cheeks get red before she slumps back over to me. Putting on some sunscreen, I give her a thumbs up before she runs and jumps in. Sitting on the edge with my feet in the water, I just sit and watch her.

Looking around, I take in my new surroundings. Coming from a place that gets snow half the year, this is definitely a change, but one I'm looking forward to.

"Come on mommy, swim with me!"

Seeing her little face with a smile, I slip into the pool and quickly grab her before putting us both under water. We swim for about an hour and take turns jumping into the pool. Once Pia's fingers have shriveled up we step on out and lay in the sun for a little. Placing Pia on my lap, I wrap a towel around the two of us.

"Are you ready for dinner?"

"Tacos?" She looks up at me with begging eyes and a big smile.

"Yes we can have tacos. But first, we have to shower okay?"

"Can we shower together?"

"Sure."

As the two of us gather our things, Pia wraps her towel around her and sits down on the chair with her eyes closed.

"Are you tired?"

"A little."

"Why don't we eat here tonight then?"

"No! Tacos!"

"Alright, come on then."

The two of us head back inside and head up to the 23rd floor, before we head inside. Starting the shower, we strip of our clothes before placing them in the washer, and then getting in the shower.

"I'm tired mommy."

"We'll be quick okay? Then we're gonna go eat tacos!"

Washing Pia's hair and body, I then wash mine as she clings to me. Stepping out, I wrap a towel around myself before around Pia.

"You go get dressed and we will meet by the door in 10 minutes okay?"

"Alright mommy."

Going our separate ways, I put on jeans, a tank top, sandals and grab a small purse before heading to the bathroom.

Brushing my hair, I spray some perfume and put on mascara before heading out to the living room. Pia is laying on the floor while Tucker walks all over her in a sundress.

"You ready silly goose? We will take Tucker for a walk when we get back."

"Tacos here we come!"

Pia runs to the door and opens it and stands in the hall. As I grab all my stuff she disappears from my view.

"Pia? What are you doing?"

Before I can stop her she's knocking on the apartment door next to ours.

"I'm introducing myself mommy. We can make new friends!"

"Pia now right now cutie, we have to go."

"But mommy, I-"

Before she can finish her sentence the door swings open. A tall blonde is standing there in shorts and a sports bra, her hair half up half down. Her brown eyes are glowing and my mouth is slightly open. She's gorgeous.

"Hi! I'm Pia! My mommy and I just moved in next door. I wanted to introduce myself. Mommy, come say hi!"

The girls kneels down so she's on Pia's level.

"Well hello there cutie. I'm Kristie! It's so nice to meet you. You're so big! I'm so happy to meet my new neighbor!"

She then stands and extends her hand toward me.

"Hey, I'm Kristie. You've got a cutie on your hands, and you are?"

"Uh h-hi, I'm Lexi."

She blushes as I shake her hand and I do the same.

She's gorgeous.

———————————

Hi guys! I hope you like this! Not much so far, but please give me feedback. I'd truly appreciate it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

508K 13.3K 21
Keri and Maia are complete strangers yet go to the same school. Maia is the captain of the Girls' Soccer team whereas Keri is the former Cheerleader...
365K 9.5K 33
When Rebeccas mom passed away from cancer, she finds herself 4 months later moving to a new town with her dad. As she deals with starting a new schoo...
2.8K 53 20
Alexis was always gifted ever since her birth. For Alexis her life has never been easy. Losing her birth family then nearly losing her new family. Wh...
15.5K 327 15
Kristie Mewis a soccer players who plays for Houston dash, with her girlfriend Rachel daly. After Kristie finds out she cheats on her what will she d...