Black Lightning: Overload

By kamjaxson

In this story Jeff, Jenn, & Anissa race against the clock to track down their team and bring them back safe... More

Chapter 1: Holey Moley
Chapter 2: The New Discovery
Chapter 3: The Last Favor
Chapter 4: Night of the Living Controllers
Chapter 5: Survival of the Powerless
Chapter 6: The Interrogation
Chapter 7: The Book Of Elements ~ Fire & Ice
Chapter 8: The Book Of Elements ~ Earth As A Person
Chapter 9: The Book Of Elements ~ Recharged
Chapter 11: The Book of War ~ Part 1
Chapter 12: The Book of War ~ Part 2
Chapter 13: Back To Life
Chapter 14: The Hostages ~ Part 1
Chapter 15: The Hostages ~ Part 2
Chapter 16: Jenn Overloaded
Chapter 17: Guess Who's Back?
Chapter 18: Finale ~ Part 1
Chapter 19: Finale ~ Part 2
Chapter 20: Finale ~ Part 3
New Book Alert!!!!!!

Chapter 10: The Book of Second Epiphanies

99 6 0
By kamjaxson

"Who are you?", Jeff asks.

"My name is Amanzi, it means water in Xhosa", the girl says.

"Are you the water meta Dr. Parker was talking about?", Jenn says.

"I was the water meta", Amanzi starts, "Until I was stripped of my powers".

Jeff looks at Dr. Parker, then walks toward the girl.

"Your still a water meta, your just missing a small amount of your power", Jeff says.

"No, they took away all of my powers, last I heard they put it in a shitty town named Freeland", Amanzi says.

"Watch it that's where we all live", Brandon says.

"No Freeland is pretty shitty right now", Anissa says.

"So what do you want with us", Jenn asks.

"I was thinking that since you got those 2 their powers back that you could get mine", Amanzi says.

"That's gonna be a problem, See the person who has your box is a boy named TC, and he has unlocked these new powers that we have no clue how to fight", Anissa says.

"So what I'm hearing is you're a team of superhumans yet you're scared to go against one boy", Amanzi replies.

"So what I'm hearing is you want help yet you have a smart mouth, and I do believe you came to us for help cause you couldn't beat "one boy" on your own", Jenn says.

"Jennifer!", Jeff snaps.

"No she's right, I'm just a little worked up from losing my powers, but you've got to help me", Amanzi says.

"How about this, you can come with us back to Freeland, after we form a plan, we will get you your powers back", Jeff says.

Amanzi nods in agreement. Jeff walks back over to Dr. Parker.

"Thank You, Dr. Parker for all that you have done for us, now hurry and get out of here, before the police gets here", Jeff says.

"You all are oh so welcome, Thank You for not sending me to the police", Dr. Parker says.

"No Problem", Anissa replies. 

Dr. Parker runs to office to get her belongings, then runs out the door.

"Alright Team, North Carolina has been fun but Freeland needs protecting", Jeff says. "So lets....."

"You don't even have to say it, I been ready to go since we got here", Khalil says walking out.

The team laughs. Jeff shakes his head. They all get on the helicopter and begin their departure back to Freeland. 

While on the helicopter Anissa walks over to Jenn who's laying her head up against the helicopter wall.

"You alright sis?", Anissa asks.

"Yeah just tired!", Jenn says.

"Oh I thought it was about Khalil", Anissa says laying her head on the helicopter wall.

Jenn lifts her head up quickly.

"What about Khalil?", Jenn asks.

"Well he was talking to me about y'all and he thinks that you are feeling the other boys on this team", Anissa says.

"Why would he think that?", Jenn asks.

"I don't know", Anissa asks.

"Well what did you say when he said that", Jenn asks.

"I told him you were feeling the team, because the team is your main priority, then he asked if you still loved him", Anissa says.

Jenn eyes widen.

"and I said you would always love your first love", Anissa says.

"Why would you say that, one it's something he should talk to me about, and two that just opened up many more doors for a conversation, I don't want to have", Jenn says.

"That's what I told him, but Jenn you need to get that situation under control before it causes trouble within the team", Anissa says.

"Get my situation under control, how can you say that when there's trouble in paradise with you and Grace", Jenn says.

"What!", Anissa says.

"Yeah she told me all about how y'all have been distant, not being intimate, all of that", Jenn says.

"I felt like she would start to notice", Anissa says.

"Notice, meaning you do this on purpose?", Jenn asks.

"Yeah, Grace is struggling with her shapeshifting, every time she experience an emotion she can't handle, she shifts into something crazy like an old man or a little girl, and it has happened once or twice during intimacy", Anissa says.

"That sounds like something you should explain to her", Jenn says.

"Yeah you might be right", Anissa says.

"Well there she is over there", Jenn says.

"And Khalil is back there", Anissa says.

"Don't remind me", Jenn says standing up and walking over to Khalil.

She sits down beside him.

"What's up?", Khalil asks.

"Can we talk?", Jenn asks.

"About?", Khalil asks.

"Us", Jenn replies.

"Let me start, Jenn I still have feelings for you, and these are feelings that I can't get rid of, these feelings bring jealousy, anger, all of it, I want us to be together again, I get that you said you don't want to start the dating thing again but your actions speak differently", Khalil says.

"Khalil I do want to start the dating thing again, just not with you", Jenn says looking Khalil in his eyes.

"Is it something I did", Khalil says.

"No it's something painkiller did, Khalil I know I can't take it out on you because your not him, but he's apart of you and he's dangerous and I can't be in a relationship with two people Khalil", Jenn says.

"But I can change", Khalil says.

"Change what, you tried to get rid of him before and someone brought him back out, what if it happens again, because someone ordered you to take me out, I don't want to have the thought that I might have to kill you to save my own life Khalil

"That's fair", Khalil starts, "And I can't keep blocking your future because I'm stuck in the past, It won't be easy but I can let you go, and this time mean it".

"Thanks Khalil", Jenn starts, "Friends?".

"Yeah!", Khalil says.

Jenn smiles then leans her head on Khalil's shoulder. Brandon looks at them for a while before shaking his head and staring at the ground.

After an hour or so, they finally arrive at the safehouse but it is not how they left it. The team gets off of the helicopter to see the Safehouse burned to the ground. 

"Oh my god, what happened", Erica says.

"TC happened", Dionte says picking up a brick with a note on it. 

"What does it say?", Jeff asks.

Dionte begins reading the note which reads:

I have Lynn and I have Gambi, I Rescued my men, I destroyed this Safehouse and every safehouse you own thanks to Gambi's entire database, I have people waiting at the School, The Sanctum, and all of your houses, I have men going around the city looking for you, and when they find you, they're instructed to kill. I have your suit coordinates, phone coordinates, everything, So watch your back.

"Dad, what do we do?", Anissa asks.

"We have no choice, we can't run, we can't hide, if its a fight that TC want's, then we will bring the fight to him", Jeff says looking at the team.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 448 14
Disclaimer: I dont own the flash or music or pictures.
510 100 9
Natalie and her mom have just moved into the big city to start a new life after her father passed. The two move in with Natalie's uncle and older cou...
76.1K 1.4K 45
❝ Maybe I'm a villian in your story, but I'm a hero in mine. ❞ Zoe Black finds out who The Flash is after something impossible had happened to her.
2.6K 127 17
Part 8 of the New Earth Series. Barry Allen has faced threats very few could handle, but when a government organization comes to Central City and is...