Dynasty Fulfilled

By DestinyKeianna

Breanna, a struggling twenty-one year old from Louisiana, decides to drop everything and moves to Los Angeles... More

Dynasty Fulfilled
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

299 12 1
By DestinyKeianna

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
N e v e r a D u l l
M o m e n t

It was later in the morning on Sunday, and I didn't even want to get out of bed. I sighed, getting up and looking around the bedroom, knowing that I wasn't in the guest room at Terrell's place; I was sleeping in someone's else bed. I looked at the overnight bag that I packed, and I went into the bathroom to start my hygiene routine and get myself dressed.

As I was getting ready, I heard my cellphone ringing, so I walked out of the bathroom, taking my cellphone off the charger. I checked the screen seeing Johnathan calling, so I answered it and placed it to my ear.

"Hello," I greeted him.

"Hey, good morning, Breanna." He returned the greeting. "It's been a little while since we last talked. How's it going with the things that you asked you to complete. Have you registered for the acting classes yet? How are things going with the entertainment lawyer?"

"It has," I agreed, clearing my throat. "I've had the meeting with Mr. Chandler, and it went well. He gave me a list of contacts to call, and I did as everyone told me good things about him. I also went to the acting class taught by Ms. Deanne Livingston at The Valentine Theater and even discussed doing private sessions with her,"

"Well, you seem to be doing things required for you to do," Johnathan stated. "Once you get your reel set, you'll be ready,"

"Yes, I can't wait to get everything done. I'm going to call Mr. Chandler for another meeting," I confirmed.

"Glad that you're almost there," He said.

"I appreciate your help so much,"

"No, it is my job." He responded. "Well, once you're through with the private classes. Please don't hesitate to give me a call,"

"Will do,"

After hanging up the phone, I got dressed and was ready to head out. I saved my clothes into a bag then placed it inside my overnight bag, zipping it as I opened the door. I walked out of the bedroom, noticing the wall, and seen pictures of Malik and his family. I spotted a baby picture, and I couldn't help but awe. He was such an adorable baby.

I moved further into the kitchen and saw Malik in the kitchen making breakfast. He had on no shirt but his Jersey shorts. I'm guessing he noticed my footsteps because he turned around and smiled at me. I could've melted right on the floor as my smile increased.

I didn't expect him to be so fit as I took time staring at chiseled abs and the muscles in his arms. It wasn't too bad; I didn't like huge guys with large muscles, so he was just right.

"Good morning, sunshine," He greeted, walking towards me by kissing my lips and hugging me close.

"Morning, honeybunny," I beamed, giggling at his face. "Thank you for allowing me to sleep in your bed for the night. It was so hard to get out of the bed this morning,"

"Not a problem," He shook his head, turning around to finish his food. "So, you slept well?"

"Absolutely, you know that you could've slept in the bed with me. Your bed is big enough for two people," I told him, taking a seat at the kitchen table.

"I was trying to be respectful," He smirked, turning off the stove and fixing the plates. "Here are my famous omelets. I always get good feedback from them from family and friends,"

"I can't wait to try it," I grinned, watching as he presented it in front of me. Then, I watched as he grabbed two glasses and poured orange juice into them. I just knew that after drinking and eating, I'd have to brush my teeth again. "So, what are you doing today?"

"I was planning on going to see my people," He said. "But I don't know, how about you?"

"Probably looking at apartments. I realized last night that I don't live at the house, and it's time for me to look for a place for me," I answered, accepting the juice and fork. "Thank you,"

"Your welcome," He smirked, taking his seat across me. "I don't think Terrell thinks that. But, I could go with you to the appointment if you want me to?"

I knew that I was getting too comfortable, thinking that I lived with Terrell. I know we were close and best friends, but I did overstay my welcome. I know he didn't want me to leave, but I couldn't stay at his house with him having his girl there.

What if he wants to get intimate with her? I couldn't be around for that. So, it was best to start looking for an apartment.

"Okay," I said, grabbing my fork and tearing a piece of it with the utensil before placing it into my mouth. Oh my goodness! It was cheesy and warm; it tasted so good. "Talk about talent. I'd never get tired of this,"

"I appreciate it," He winked.

"So, what family members stay out here with you?" I wondered.

"My cousins," He responded. "I have a few that stay here, but my parents stay in my hometown."

"Sounds nice to have them with you,"

"Yeah, we usually play games and go somewhere like the bowling alley or something," He admitted.

"That sounds fun." I smiled, continuing to eat the omelet. "But you don't have to worry about me invading your plans. You could drop me back to Terrell's,"

"You're not invading my plans, Breanna," He stared at me. "I'm happy as hell that you're here with me. I told you yesterday that I love spending time with you,"

"Well then, I'm just as happy as you to be here," I admitted.

"How you feel about living together?" He questioned.

I almost choked from the random question, but I didn't let it reach my face.

"Um, I feel like it's a serious decision," I remarked. "I think it has its advantages and disadvantages."

Malik gave me his undivided attention, and I just appreciated him for listening to me because I did think of it before.

"The advantages are, you're living with your partner. You're learning how to be around one another. How to share with them, and simply spending time with one another. But, there are disadvantages, which are; you to deal with that person's attitude 24/7, you deal with bills and other finances, you deal with probably not wanting to be with the person anymore after learning who they truly are, living with them,"

"That's true. It's a big deal." He agreed. "I like the answer you gave. I also think that way and the way you explained is perfect,"

"I try," I sipped my orange juice, finishing the rest of my omelet and placing it into the sink. "Now, I have to brush my teeth again,"

"Alright, I'll drop you off when you're ready," He said.

I nodded, walking away from him as I walked into the room, then the bathroom, and had to get myself together.
.
.
.

"Thank you for dropping me off, honeybunny," I said, kissing him. "Have fun with your cousins,"

"You know that I was going to invite you to come with me," He sighed, pulling me into his arms. "But, I understand where you're coming from,"

We were still new for me to meet his family. I also didn't have any proper clothes, and I needed to have my makeup products, so I couldn't go to his cousin's house if I wanted to. I allowed him to hug me close as he kissed my forehead and handed my overnight bag to me.

"I'll talk to you later," I smiled.

"Alright," He kissed my lips again.

I blushed, walking away as I did want to stay with him at his house. But, I needed to get back here and talk to Terrell about moving out of his house. I sighed, opening the door and walking inside, as I noticed Terrell waiting on me on the sofa.

"Breanna," He uttered.

"Terrell, hey, how are you?" I asked, dropping my bag. "I have to talk to you,"

"Aight." He shook his head, patting the seat next to him.

"Um, when I tell you this, don't get mad, please," I pouted, taking the seat next to him as I could already picture how it was going to go down. "I t-think that it's time for me to move out. I've been here too long, and I love you a lot, but I can't be here,"

"For real?" He asked.

"Yeah, I mean, you're dating someone, and if you're getting serious with her," I explained. "Wouldn't you want it to be just you and her? I don't want to be in the way of what yall going on. Especially when I know how much you care for her."

"First, Lil' bit, slow down," He chuckled.

"I'm serious, Terrell. A lot of people don't like their significant other's best friend being around 24/7," I told him. "I don't want to do that to her and you."

"Amber came on one thing with me," He stated. "Yeah, I like her, but I don't see it becoming too serious. She got a full schedule, and she didn't stay the entire night with me either. She had to go since she got to do something with her career. That's why I didn't have a problem with you staying. She couldn't stay long."

"So, you're not expecting to date and fall in love?"

"No, I tried working it out with her, but I see how important her career is for her," He replied. "I don't have a problem with you staying here. You are my best friend, Breanna; I want you to live with me. I love you a lot, but if you want to move out, you can. I'm not forcing you to stay,"

"Well, I don't know," I sighed, laying my head on his chest. "I love staying here and living with you, but I know that I can't stay here when either one of us ends up dating someone seriously. Though you're my best friend and I love you so much, I'll stay until the end of this month, and I have to look for a place to stay,"

He leaned over, kissing my forehead.

"That's cool with me, well whatever you decide," Terrell spoke.

"Okay." I wiped my eyes, sitting up. "Guess what?!"

"What?" He smirked.

"Malik told me that he was falling for me,"

"Damn, y'all getting serious, Lil' bit," Terrell asserted.

"Yeah, we are. I'm sorry that you and Amber didn't work out," I apologized.

"It's all good. We're still friends," He shrugged.

"So, what you wanna do today?"

"I'm going to call up the real estate agent, Alexus, to see either some homes to rent or apartments," I told him.

I could tell that Terrell didn't expect to hear that, but I had to start looking for something right now if I was planning on staying here until the month was over.

"So, what are you going to do with the furniture and stuff that you need for the house?" He asked.

Oh man, I forget that you need furniture for a house. I pretty much had nothing but clothes. I was going to have to buy a lot of stuff to get me to live somewhere.

"I can probably get used furniture until I can get on my feet,"

"Seems like you got it all figured out," Terrell said, getting up from the sofa.

"Terrell, you seriously acting this way?" I frowned, staring at his reaction. "You act like you weren't living by yourself when I wasn't here. I can't stay here when I'm also trying to build myself an acting career. Do you get that?"

"I'm not even going to argue with you," He replied, going to the kitchen.

"What? Terrell, I can't believe you're acting this way," I exclaimed. "Maybe, I should've never moved in. I appreciate everything that you did for me, but I'll just get my stuff and move out,"
I stood up from the sofa, going upstairs to get everything in the room to take to me to a hotel.

"Breanna, for real, don't go," He begged, holding my arms. "I told you that I don't have a problem with you living here and that you can live here as long as you need to. Yeah, I understand that you're working on your career, which is why I don't have a problem with you being here. I'm telling you that you can save all your money and that you can be able to get the furniture and stuff that you need for your place. Don't leave because we're disagreeing,"

"We've become too attached, don't you think?"

"What I know is I love you, and I love having you here," He admitted. "I don't know what I'll do without you. You're just someone whos fun to be around and like a ray of sunshine or something. Just an overall good person to be around,"

I honestly didn't understand what people meant calling me a Ray of sunshine. I've always gotten told it most of my life, but I felt that they gave me too much credit. I've had many bad days that could seize them, considering me that.

"Okay, Terrell," I smiled, hugging him. "I love you too, and I agree being here with you makes every day feel like I can't be without you either. But, I'm now dating someone who I have genuine feelings for, like feelings that I've never had before, and it scares me. I don't want to ruin either relationship. Our friendship is just as important to me, and I'm just scared of losing you, Terrell."

He kissed my forehead, pulling me in for a hug, as I practically cried in his arms. It was hard to deal with emotions and feelings that I wasn't quite understanding. I felt like I was becoming an even more emotional person than I was in Baton Rouge, going through depression and anxiety, or was it even worse?

"I don't even know why I'm crying," I sighed.

"As your best friend, I suggest you get some therapy," He stated, allowing me to jump onto his back as we headed down to the sofa. "You can't control everything on your own, Breanna."

I didn't need therapy; I found work to be my therapy.

"I don't," I disagreed, taking a seat next to him, laying my head down on his chest. "I might be starting my cycle soon because these emotions are annoying. I think I've cried like three times this week. Is that normal?"

"Maybe, we're too close like you just said," He chuckled. "Why you're telling me about your cycle?"

"That's what friends tell each other," I said, seeing my phone blowing up as I jumped up, seeing that it was Malik. So, I answered the phone quickly. "Hey, you made it at your cousin's house?"

"Yeah, I was calling to ask you if you want me to come to pick you up to meet them?" He paused, seeming to be stuck in his head before he chuckled. "Honestly, I just want to be around you."

"I-" I glanced at Terrell, wondering if I should tell him yes or not, but I wanted to be around Malik too. "Yeah, you can. I'll have to be there for a little while, though,"

"Aight, cool. I'll be there to pick you up," He said.

"Okay, I'll be ready," I giggled, hanging up the phone. "I'm so sorry Terry, I'll be with him for a few minutes and be back to hang with you."

"That's okay, do your thing," Terrell smirked.

I kissed his cheek, getting up from the sofa to get myself an outfit to wear to meet Malik'a cousins. I didn't want to overdo it, but still, I wanted to look presentable. So, I decided to choose a black and tan sleeveless striped wrap top, black wild leg pants, tan suede heels, and a black and small Chanel purse. I accessorized with my gold hoops, also a necklace, and I wore my hair in a high pineapple while laying down my edges.

I applied a nice soft glam makeup look and finished getting ready as I sprayed perfume on my pulse points and was good to go. I walked downstairs, seeing Terrell watching TV on the sofa.

"I promise I'll be back, and we can do something together, okay?" I reassured him, strutting into the living room. Posing, I wondered if I looked good enough to meet his family. "How do I look, Terry?"

"You look like a model, honestly, one of those video girls in the '90s," He stated.

"Wow, I love the compliment because those video vixens were popping and the essential part of the music videos," I replied. "Imagine, if videos were still relevant, I'd make a great video-girl. Do you think it's a bit much for Malik's family?"

"Who you meeting?" Terrell asked.

"His cousins,"

"Well then, you're good. You look good," Terrell affirmed.

"Thank you, bestie; I love you!" I smiled, hearing Terrell's doorbell ring. "He's here,"
Terrell stood up from the sofa, going to answer the door as I followed behind him.

"Hey, Sun—, what's up, Terrell? How are you doing?" Malik greeted him, extending his hand out for a dap.

"Nothing much, bruh. Yall have fun," Terrell told him, giving him a brotherly hug. "I'll see you later, Lil' bit,"

"See you," I replied, diverting my attention onto Malik, who instantly pulled me into his arms. "Hmm, I never told you that you smell good."

"Thank you, sunshine," He chuckled, pecking my lips and taking hold of my hands as we heard the door shut behind us. "You look beautiful, but that's always with you."

"Thanks, honeybunny," I smiled, feeling butterflies in my stomach. "I'm nervous about meeting your cousins."

"You shouldn't be. My family will love you just as much as I," He stopped himself, helping me get into the passenger seat.

I tried not to overthink his comment because it seemed obvious; that he didn't mean love, and I knew because it was too early for love.

"So, what made you decide to ask me to go with you to be around your cousins?"

"I honestly didn't even pull up to my cousin's house yet," He chuckled. "Like I kept thinking of you, and I was debating with myself whether I should go or not and ask you to do something with me. But, then my cousin texted me if I was still coming, so I told him yeah and that I wanted to bring someone,"

"Oooh, so you were thinking about me,"

"Almost always," He smirked, holding my hand.

"Good," I said, turning on his radio. "Are these the same cousins that you grew around with and stayed clowning with as a child?"

"Yeah," He chuckled. "My cousins are goofy and childish like me in a few ways, but I'm sure that you'll get used to it because you like me,"

"I'm trying to figure out why," I joked, staring at him as I listened to the voice of Beyoncé.

"Keep thinking of it when we get there because they might try to embarrass me," He advised. "So, about this Miami trip, how you feel about it?"

"I'm so excited to go there. It's crazy also because it was a place where I did want to visit, and we talked about it yesterday,"

"Exactly, I asked because I remember you talking about wanting to go to Miami," He smiled. "I hope you enjoy yourself, and I'm happy to be able to spend more time with you,"

"My honeybunny," I caressed the side of his face.

I burst into laughter at his face because he was still trying to get used to my nickname for him. I liked honeybunny for him. I believed that it fit him perfectly. Aside from calling him honeybunny, I wanted to refer to him as my baby, but I was a bit nervous to call him that.

It took a few minutes to get to his cousin's house as I noticed different vehicles in the driveway and along with the house. Malik parked his car near the house on the side, and we headed to the front door to his cousin's house.

I was even more nervous about meeting them because we weren't in an official relationship yet. So, I would get introduced as a friend, and I don't know; how I would react. Once Malik knocked on the door, I realized there was no turning back.

"What it do, leek?" His cousin opened the door, extending his hands out for a dap. After they showed their love to each other, his cousin glared at me. "Ooh, this you?"

"Yeah, this my lady, Breanna," Malik asserted, placing his hands behind my back. "Breanna, this is my cousin, Maurice,"

I was still stuck on him calling me his lady. I was not expecting that.

"Hey, it's nice to meet you," I grinned, trying to give him a handshake, but he just decided to give me a side hug.

"It's vice versa, but y'all come in," Maurice said, allowing us to enter his home. I just cooked well; my girl did. I helped, though,"

We walked further into his house, and I was amazed at how well the decorations were. Maurice had an open entrance, and it was a nice size for sure. Once we continued moving, we then reached his living room with the colors of burgundy and black. I saw more people sitting in the living room, watching TV until they noticed Malik; his family all turned their attention to us.

"Malik!" A guy exclaimed, standing up from the sofa to greet him.

"Tylon!" Malik smirked, hugging him before he placed his hands on my back again. "Aye, this my lady right here, Breanna. Baby, these are my cousins, the twins Tylon, Bryson, my cousin, Loren, and her boyfriend, Xavier,"

"Hey everyone," I greeted them.

I was surprised to see them all get up to greet and even hug me. Malik's cousins were super friendly and gave me no hostility. As we took our seats on the love sofa, they bombarded us with so many questions.

"So, how did y'all meet?" Loren asked.

"We met on the job where we bumped into each other," I explained, giggling at the memory.

"Is this the same person that you talked to me on the phone about for hours?" Maurice babbled.

"Aw, here he goes," Malik smacked his teeth, nodding his head as he then whispered in my ear. "You see, I told you."

I smiled, flattered he was talking to his cousins about me but for hours? Wow.

"Yeah, I can vouch for that," Loren agreed. "Malik sounded deep in his feelings for you, Breanna,"

Malik was blushing super hard right now, but it was so cute.

"I'm sure my friends would tell you all the same," I told them, trying to make not to feel embarrassed.

"Awe, so cute," Tylon, one of the twins, teased. "But don't let these people clown you, Malik. You and your girl look good together."

"Picture perfect," Bryson stated, "Let me shoot yall one day. You know I'm nice with the camera."

As Malik was shaking his head at his cousin, and so was I, I heard heels cluttering on the floor as the person walked into the living room from the kitchen.

"Food is read—-, Malik, is this the famous Breanna?!" The girl exclaimed, causing everyone to laugh and look at him.

I'm guessing that this girl was Maurice's girlfriend, and she was so pretty well; pretty much Malik's cousins were all so good-looking.

"Damn, I swear, I can't tell y'all nothing," Malik sighed, standing up as he held his hands out for me, "But, sunshine, that's my cousins' fiancé, Nyla,"

"Hey, Nyla, nice to meet you,"

"Everyone, the food is ready. Yall can fix your food," Nyla announced.

Everyone began to stand up from the sofa and head into the kitchen, well, except for Nyla, Malik, and I.

"I've heard so many things about you," Nyla grinned, hugging me. "I couldn't wait to meet you. You have him over the heels, girl! But no wonder you're so pretty, and I like your accent. What part are you from in Louisiana?"

"So, I've heard," I laughed, holding hands with Malik. Even I could feel myself blushing even more. "Awe, you're pretty too. Thank you, and um, Baton Rouge."

"Nice, another southern gal in the house. I'm from Atlanta," Nyla said, walking into the kitchen.

"You see, you had nothing to worry about," Malik winked.

"They're all so funny,"

I was not expecting this at all. Malik's cousins were making me feel like I was a part of the family already.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 10.8K 36
"Losing yourself is the easy part, it's finding yourself again that's hard." *** Hollywood. When you think of the word, you think of glitz, glam, an...
758K 17.9K 23
Katrina a young girl who lives in the low class area of California, has been judged all her life she been hurt broken and everyone calls her the fat...
3.7K 125 42
Adrienne, age 19 might not be the perfect daughter her mother wants her to be. She trains just as hard as her brother but never gets the privilege of...
9.6K 706 17
love