Lost In Fate's Cruel World

By definitelydevine

Fay Wilder was a low ranked werewolf in her pack, Midnight Songs until she leaves her pack and attempts survi... More

Epilogue
Chapter 2

Chapter 1

73 7 0
By definitelydevine

Sniffing the ground I caught the familiar metallic scent and threw my head at the moon, howling into the silent night sky. Other howls joined mine as the wolves around me responded. The hunt had begun. 

Wolves came out of the forest shadows to smell the blood, catching the scent. Without wasting time I launched into action, galloping through the forest following the faint trail. Trees flashed and zoomed past me in a blur as I neared the source of the blood. Slowing down I hid my beastly body in some longer grass, relying only the night sky to completely hide me. I allowed my instincts to take over me as I assesed the herd of deer in front of me, finding the injured one.

I growled lowly, hoping the deer wouldn't hear me. Other wolves replied in the same tone and using that as my signal I leapt out of hiding in an attempt at being graceful and I raced towards the injured deer. Other wolves did the same, sorrounding the deer in a larger circle. The deer instantly noticed us and in a mad rush attempted an escape. A few were succesful but many remained. 

I sprinted towards the injured one that was slower than the others and firmly clamped my jaw around its neck, ending it life swiftly. Other wolves did the same, struggling slightly with the stronger deer. I spun around and saw a deer attempting to escape, I followed it, leaping onto its back, attempting to bite its neck from behind. The deer reared under the sudden weight and I was flung off.

I chased after it, adrenaline filling my veins I made a wide arc around the running animal until I was in front of it. Wolves being fast animals naturally was always helpful. I leapt at it for the second time, this time from the front and scratched it's face, blinding and weakening the animal. Confused the deer stumbled around erratically but without wasting time I snapped at it's neck ending the poor animals misery. 

I dragged the deer back to my fellow wolves as fast as I could. I made it back to see they had all shifted and were building a large fire in the clearing. many had eaten bits of deer in their wolf form, the leftovers were for the children who were yet to shift. 

I ate the injured deer, leaving the better strong meat for the children. I ate like a true beast, ravenously and unladylike. I shifted back after my meal and found that the other's had built the fire and were roasting the meat. I approached my best friend, Bianca and together we searched for a river, chatting animatedly as we did so. 

Life in a rouge pack is confusing as no one really is in charge, defying authority is the main reason people go rouge. Yet we are still a pack and care for each other especially the elders and youth of the pack. Also like a pack each wolf has a different responsibility, we have fighters, hunters, cooks, guards, trainers and working wolves who earned money for the pack.

We don't live in a forest and sleep amongst trees like rouges are made out to do. We all lived in a large house similiar to a pack house only it was in a small town. This is so the pack wolves can have jobs and earn us money and the young wolves can go to school. Our pack currently owned a small newsagent that was our main source of income. Life as a rouge can be tough but in a rouge pack, life is easy.

"Faayyyyy! For the upteenth time, stop dreaming and listen to my petty girl problems." Bianca yelled into my ear, her hands clamped around her mouth like a loudspeaker. I jumped slightly and hissed at her but nonetheless paid attention to her 'petty girl problems' meaning that she was on her period but a certain horny wolf wanted to get some. 

I attempted to not grimace at her incredibly intimate details that I wish never to describe about her and this wolf's last time spent together. When she started telling me about her screaming his name I just couldn't take it anymore. "My poor sensitive ears Banks! Stop now, before I have nightmares." My fingers covered my ears as she laughed and continued her disgusting story. 

I paid no attention to her knowing I didn't want to hear anymore, instead I lisened for the sound of a river or the smell of any water at all. I came up short and sighed loudly, I should know these sorroundings since I have spent the last eight or so years here but still. Here every tree looked the same, brown, branchy with a few leaves that blocked the light. I sighed again, this time in frustration before I gave up and spun around, searching for a way back to the clearance.

I knew Bianca was as untalented as me at directions and couldn't help find the water or the way home either so with a small grown I sat down, realising that we were lost. Bianca sat beside me not missing a beat in her story, she was currently up t the next morning where after another intimate sharing she snuck back into her room. 

To be honest I didn't need to hear the story of her getting some because I heard it all the other night. When it happened. 

"Alright your story looks like it should have finished ten minutes ago and frankly, i'm dreading my sleep tongiht. Oh and, we're lost." I said it all with a smile on my face and Bianca grinned to. Why? Because we got lost on a daily basis and we loved it. I have no idea why I enjoy it so much but we just find it so funny that we can get lost time after time in the same forest. The pack had even put tracking devices into our skin like we were pet dogs just so that they could find us. 

Instead of waiting for them to find us though, we enjoy attempting to find our way back to civilisation by ourselves. Although it always ended in us being rescued. I attempted using my animal senses to rescue us but frankly, mine suck and were no help. Bianca did the same and got up energetically, pulling me to y feet as well. "This way, i'm positive." She said, happy that her senses were working again. 

I rolled my eyes and followed her, and before I knew it she was blindly running through the dark forest, I felt as though she was making everything up but followed her nonetheless. Shifted into my wolf I wished I could mindlink her and tell her not to run to far ahead but not being in a real pack restricted that. I dodged through trees, bramles attached themsleves to my fur. I caught up to Bianca to see that she had also shifted. 

Howling I tried to outrun her even though she knew the way. But she was faster, she sprinted towards a fallen tree and jumped gracefully over it whilst I yelped in pain as my head collided with the dense object. Within what fet like a second Bianca was in wolf form laughing at me, gasping for breath.

I grumbled unhapilly and trotted around the tree sticking my wolf tongue out at her. She only laughed harder. I shoved with my nose, ignoring that fact that she was naked and covered in blood from the deer killing. She lost her balance and fell onto the ground below, still laughing. I le out a wolfish grin and started laughing to, although in my form it sounded like choking. 

Bianca looked horrified, I was offended she didn't like my wolf laughing and growled at her playfully. The horrified expression stuck on her face her eyes wide and mouth hanging slightly open, her fists clenched tightly and her dark skin slightly paler. Thinking she was chocking I came up behind her, ready to thump her back with my paw in an attempt to clear her airway. 

But as I got behind her I saw a flcker of movement in the shadows and looked up, instantly on alert. I stood over Bianca, protecting her human form. A harsh laugh came from one side of me and I whipped my head to see nothing. "You idiots, entering my pack's territory without a care in the world. Welcome to the Dark Night territory, your death." The voice was deep and menacing and seemed to come from every direction.

I perked my ears trying to find a location, the crack of a stick or leaf, anything. Without luck, I was left defenseless and lost, fearing for my life. In an attempt to cover our weakness Bianca shouted out to the forest. "Reveal yourself coward." Her voice shook slightly but held strong.

Another wicked laugh replied and a tall figure stepped out of the shadows, bathed in moonlight. A man, no older than twenty five glowered down at us, only an outline of his body could be seen due to how far away he was. One word came to mind. Shit. This guy was hulk, his towering body was filled head to toe with muscle and his broad shoulders only made him more intimidating.

He approached us slowly, power radiated off him and I recognised him as an Alpha. I looked at his approaching feet, to intimidated to look into his eyes. He stood right above us now and his simple black converse and dark trousers looked ridiculous on a man of such power.

"Shift!" He commanded using his Alpha tone, a tone that only worked on his own pack. Hell no am I standing naked infront of a stranger. Thinking this, I double checked I was covering all of Bianca's 'privates.' I growled lowly at the man in refusal and as if he understood he threw two oversized shirt mind and Biancas way and I turned around shifting, pulling the shrit over me, getting dressed is one thing I am capable of doing. 

"Good. Now explain yourselves, why are you on my territory?" He said lowly and I grimaced knowing our story would sound incredibly fake and stupid. Spinning around I just decided to make up a lie and wing it. 

"I am Jessica, belonging to the Hilary Duff pack and here is ummm... Jess my friend and we are here to delivery an important message to your pack." Shit. That sucked. I mentally smacked myself Jesscia and Jess, really? 

"The Hilary Duff pack, never heard of it before." The Alpha held amusement in his voice and I swore internally. I looked up and saw a wide smirk covering his fat face. No, actually his beautiful face, He had prominent cheeckbones and a slightly crooked nose that made him look even more alluring. Day old stuble framed his face and his hair was dark and tossled in every direction suggesting her had recently been in his wolf form. Not to mention his irresistible scent that was indiscribable.

I took a firm step towards the alluring Alpha and confidently looked into his eyes trying to cover up my lie. His- His eyes, they penetrated mine and looked into my soul, alerting my wolf instantly of one simple fact which hd me trembling with fear. This man was my... "Mate." He said in a quiet voice.

And I bolted. 

********   

Guys, cast has been posted and they are all perfect, the names are wierd and foreign but the people are beautiful and personally, I have an obssesion with Merethe Hopland, not sure why. She's perfect

Byeee x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97.3K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...