Dark Tendencies (Dean Winches...

Av Deansdeamgirl

You are a damn good hunter with a dark past and almost no hope for a normal future... Will your new-found fam... Mer

The Inevitable
Meeting the Boys
Pie
Trapped
The Experiment
Story Time
The Colt
Fail to plan you plan to fail
Backup plan
The Job
The French Mistake
Questions
Soulonoscopy
Gathering Information
Mommy Dearest
Midnight Snacks
Hunting Bigfoot
Day Off
Stars
Drunk Confessions
Suicide House
Nightmares
Sweet Dreams
One Night Stands
The Monster
Magic Moment
Better Than Nothing
My Own Worst Enemy
Reckless
The Man Who Would Be King
Let it Bleed pt. 1
Let it Bleed pt. 2
Errands
The Real Deal
Survival of the Fittest
Bidding
48 Hours Later
Don't Give Up
Bitter-Sweet Memories
A/N
Anger Issues
Loony Toony
Drop-Bear
Steady Breaths
Moondoor

Contract

583 18 3
Av Deansdeamgirl

*A/N: Hello everyone. Just a quick warning this one might be a little bit of a trigger for some people at the end (mentions of mass killings, homicidal tendencies, loneliness, etc.). Also, I just wanted to thank those who have enjoyed reading my story so far. I really appreciate all the positivity y'all have sent me concerning my writing. You are all amazing! I have felt very stressed and had a bit of writer's block, but am rejuvenated by your kind words. I hope you are staying safe with all the craziness in the world*

You approach the table where the blood you purchased was placed. You felt a pang of unease as you looked upon it, knowing that all you did to get this far was for nothing. Dean was already back and though you were beyond grateful, you also did a lot of things that you could now see were unnecessary. You were just too clouded by your own fear of losing Dean forever that it blocked all of your other senses and put some of your morals on the sidelines. 

"So how did you-" you begin to ask while turning back to the boys.

"Escape purgatory?" Dean cuts you off and you nod. His jaw tightened and you could tell he was hurting but trying to hide it and he eventually offered an obviously fake but playful smile. "I told you, it's not that easy to get rid of me"

You chuckle while staring into his eyes, scared that if you looked away for another moment the shatters of jade that had pierced your soul would be gone forever. After a moment you speak up. "It was the door, wasn't it?"

"The door?" Sam asks with a furrowed brow.

"There is a door in the back of purgatory. It allows human souls to cross through" you explain. You could tell the information upset him, but you were unsure why. Yes, maybe you both could have figured out a way to get Dean back sooner if you had told him, but he had looked so happy living with the girl and her dog, and Dean would have wanted him to be happy... right?

"Sparta" a voice calls from behind you. You turn to see Plutus standing there with his blonde-haired friend behind him. "Care to join us for a minute?"

You give a tight-lipped smile towards Sam and Dean and walk towards the table. You could feel Sam and Dean's gaze on your back as you made your way over, no doubt trying to stay quiet to listen to the conversation you were about to have.

"10 oz. of Cerberus Blood," he says passing it to you. "What all were you tracking this down for? Mighty rare. Mighty expensive." 

"Would you believe that a girl has needs?" you say with a smirk. His grin turns to a small frown as he glares into you. "Don't play coy with me Sparta"

"Wouldn't dream of it Plutus" you reply with a light-hearted chuckle, turning your attention to the man beside him who had not stopped grinning all day. "Going to introduce me to your friend?"

"Reigner, meet Sparta," Plutus says, politely gesturing to you.  You extend your hand to the man. As he takes it you feel your blood run a cold but made sure you didn't flinch. You took this moment to truly get a sense of what he was, but realized... he was ... human. As you thought, but why would he cause your 'spidey-sense' (as Dean called it) to go crazy. "Sparta, meet Reigner. He will be holding your contract"

Your eyes widened as you pulled your hand away from the man, immediately burning with rage. You grabbed Plutus by the shirt collar and slammed him into the back wall. The room became silent as all eyes fell onto the scene. You could feel the cold gaze of Reigner's eyes on you and see in your peripheral that security guards were making their way over.

"That wasn't the deal," you say as you clench your jaw threateningly.

"The deal was you get 10 oz. of blood, I get a contract which I can use as I please. I choose to give it to my newest business associate, who you will be getting to know rather well" 

You notice the security guards were beside you, waiting for you to make another move that would most likely result in your immediate death, so you release Plutus as he chuckles slightly, straightening his shirt. You take the time to turn back to Reigner who you now noticed had not stopped smiling throughout the entire interaction, and if anything had a bigger grin upon his face making your stomach curl. 

"Shall we talk outside?" he asks with a surprisingly soft voice.

You turn to look at Sam and Dean who had been watching the entire exchange. Sam looked confused about what was going on while Dean looked like he was going to kill someone, preferably this blond-headed ass.

You turn back to Reigner who extended his hand for you to take, but you crossed your arms and nodded, signaling that you would follow. He turned around and walked towards the exit as you turned to Sam and Dean, offering them a reassuring smile before following Reighner out.

You watched as Reigner walked, desperately trying to sense if anything was out of the ordinary with him, but nothing was. Nothing was any different than any other human you had met except for his overly warm outward appearance and the surprisingly cold effect it had on you. 

Once outside, Reigner turns around and offers you a smile as he proceeds to pull out the contract, unrolling it so that the words were facing you. Taunting you. Mercilously echoing your failure. 

"According to your contract, the longest I could have you do one continuous task is 1 week," he says cheerfully. He looks down over the paper and back up to meet your eyes. "I am only asking for 2-3 days of your time to complete one task".

"And that is?"

"None of your business for the time being" he snaps back. It actually shocked you. His outward appearance seemed to be one of warmth and kindness, and for him to talk back in that way caught you completely off guard and served as a further warning towards your initial intuition about him.

"I am going to call you at some point over the next few months once I have all the details. Plutus gave me your number so make sure your phone is handy" 

You were confused. You would have thought that Plutus would keep your contract for a rainy day, or even that this guy would have something for you to go immediately do, but instead, he had you waiting like a lap dog. Waiting for the command to do whatever it is he had in mind and you didn't like the idea one bit.

"It is truly such a pleasure to meet you Sparta. I am looking forward to our next meeting." He says turning away and walking towards the parking lot. You watch as he disappears behind some cars before turning back around to head inside. Something felt off about the exchange with him, but at the moment there were more pressing matters at hand and a man you needed to apologize to.

You walk back inside, shoving the vial of blood into your pocket, and notice that no one is around. Not Sam. Not Dean. Not even the security guards. Then you realize that you had missed the entire plan... 

You sprint yelling for Sam, Dean, or Kevin. You run while cursing yourself for getting distracted when you should have just come back inside as quickly as possible so that you could prevent Crowley from taking the tablet or worse, hurting Mrs. Tran or Kevin. 

You feel your heartbeat increase as your guilt grows, but you push it down to focus your effort on finding someone- no- anyone who could tell you where they all went, but luckily while running down a corridor you notice two plaided men in a neighboring room. 

"What happened?" you say jogging up to them. "Where is Kevin? Mrs. Tran?"

Dean turns away from Sam to give you a cold glare. Though he hadn't said anything, he didn't need to. You knew Crowley probably told them about the deal you had arranged and no doubt didn't tell it from a standpoint where you were the good guy... typical. 

"Look Dean-" you start as you feel your heart squeeze with the guilt you were shoving down.

"No y/n" It was Sam that spoke up this time.

"You planned with Crowley to do this? To possess Mrs. Tran? So what, you and him could get the demon tablet back?" His eyes looked hurt as he said the words in disbelief, but Deans hardened with what you could only assume to be hatred.

"It wasn't like that-" you try to defend yourself, but Dean exploded.

"No Y/n. It was exactly like that. You think you are always doing the 'right thing' whether that means people around you get hurt or not." His words stung but you held your ground as you stared into his eyes that were desperately searching yours. 

"Who got hurt?" you ask hesitantly, not willing to let the tears you were hiding slip down your face.

Sam breathes out a deep sigh as he physically relaxes a little.

"Mrs. Tran. Since Crowley possessed her she has been in shock" he explains.

"You have to believe me when I tell you that Crowley getting the tablet was not part of my plan, and also, Crowley possessing Mrs. Tan was the only way she would be able to leave here with her soul. You two of all people should be able to understand how important that is" you say looking between them.

It was quiet as both of them stared you down. Sam looked at his shoes for a minute in contemplation as Dean continued to stare into your soul, not even attempting to hide his anger. It hurt. All you wanted to do was save Kevin's mom like you had promised that year ago to Kevin, and here you were messing it all up once again.

"Just go," Dean says coldly, breaking you from your thoughts.

You looked at him as your heart stopped for a moment. You felt like your world was once again shattering. You just learned he had gotten back from purgatory and you were losing him all over again.

"Dean-" you started, but he just clenched his jaw and you knew that any amount of words would be of no use. Your guilt choked up to your throat as you fought back the tears that were no doubt glazed over your eyes. 

You turn to look at Sam who looked a little shocked and hurt, but he didn't say anything and you wouldn't expect him to. You pleaded that maybe Dean would stop you as you turned around to walk out of the room, but he didn't.... he let you go. And you didn't blame him. 

***

You felt lost and alone for the following weeks. You mindlessly went from hunt to hunt, trying to fill the void in your chest with the delights of your demon self, but it wasn't enough. Your demon wanted more, but your human wanted to just give up and let the monsters take you. You were tempted to let your dark side take control but had enough mental competence to know that was a bad idea. You missed Bobby. You missed Sam. You missed Dean. But you were alone, and there was no one to care about you. You fought long and hard to make sure that your will power to keep it under control didn't falter but it was becoming more difficult by the day.

You just finished a hunt in Arizona when an anonymous caller ID came in on your private cell.

"Hello?"

"Sparta!" the cheery voice rang through the phone. "It's time to cash in that contract. Where are you?"

"Riegner. Hi. I'm good, thanks for asking" you say sarcastically through the phone. "I am actually packing up to leave for another case in Iowa"

"Cancel it. I need you to meet me in Dewstill, Colorado"

"Alright. What for?" 

"We can chat about that once you get here."

He hangs up and you roll your eyes wondering what the hell he would have you do in a small town, barely on the map, in Colorado. You shut the trunk of your stolen vehicle and quickly make your way to the exact coordinates he had texted to you.

You arrive at a small house. Not your typical spooky-looking dump, rather a modest home in the middle of the town. As you pull in you take time to survey the surroundings. It was a neighborhood with some kids playing in the street and an elementary school a block down. Nothing out of the ordinary from what you could tell. 

You unbuckle your seat belt and grab your weapons bag from the trunk before heading to the door. Just as you were about to knock it opens wide to reveal Reigner smiling down at you. 

"Sparta. Nice for you to join me. Please, come in"

You clench your jaw as his happy demeanor once again chills you to the core, but step inside making sure to watch for any signs of a trap or movement from a neighboring room.

"It is just us in here for now," he says from behind you. "Besides from the man I have in the basement"

You turn to face him with a furrowed brow and gentle frown. "Is that what your cashing my contract in for? A torture session? What did someone report you for tax fraud or something?"

He gives you a tight-lipped smile. "You are a sassy one aren't you"

You give him a smirk and he motions for you to follow him.

"I have always wanted to see you in action, Sparta. From all the reputation you have, I have been wanting to see all that you can do"

He opened a doorway to the basement stairs and began to walk down into the dark cellar.

"A fan are we?" you ask, being careful of your footing as your eyes adjust to the dark.

"Oh very much so," he says in a chipper tone.  He flips on the light to reveal a barren basement apart from the middle-aged man tied to the chair in the middle of the room.

"Friend of yours?" you say setting your bag on a nearby table.

Reigner just chuckles watching you from the corner of the room.

"You could say that"

You start pulling out various tools and weapons that were typical for something like this when Reigner clears his throat causing you to turn to look at him.

"Actually I have a special request to make out of this contract," he says with a small smirk tugging his lips. You felt your inner demon quake with excitement at the sound of his words and felt fear quickly grip you from the sudden strength it had over you.

"I want you to only use your legendary knife," He says walking closer to you keeping his eyes locked with yours.

You give him a confused look which causes him to smile even more.

"The knife you have had with you through every fight. I have heard of it. It may not be special apart from the fact it is forged out of an angel blade, but it has sentimental value to me because it has special ties to you. All the innocent blood and tears that have been spilled because of that knife... because of you. I had to see the iconic duo in action for myself."

"You are one sick son of a bitch, you know that?" You say sarcastically trying to keep composer over the demon that was striving to overcome your human nature.

"I am well aware," He says turning his attention to the man in the chair. "He is human, along with everyone else in the town. I want you to kill them."

You felt stunned. "What?"

"All of them. Every last person in this town." He says turning back to you with his sickening smile playing across his lips.

"Why?" You ask, not believing what you are hearing. This town must be 150 maybe 200 total population. Bigger than any other massacre you had committed and definitely not something you would ever typically do, demon or not.

"Because I want to see your capability Sparta! I want to see the power that arises in you when you are allowed to let it free."

You freeze not knowing what to do.

"Be creative. Be smart. And make sure you get everyone before the nation realizes what happened"

You felt like throwing up. This can't be happening.

"And Sparta? No mercy."

You desperately began to think through your options, but nothing came to mind. Your contract was full proof. You knew it had to be for Plutus to accept it but you never imagined this would be what was requested from you, but there was no way out. And even if there was, your inner Demon was already starting to take control and you knew you couldn't stop her. It was too late. You were filled with too many ideas and too much excitement to even think straight. 

Riegner straightens his shirt and looks to his wristwatch as the man in the seat desperately struggles against his restraints. 

"You have 48 hours. Begin... Now."

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

171K 5.6K 41
*in queue for editing* A huge thank you to @bloomedroses who loved the story so much that they made an amazing cover for me! I love it so much!! You...
1.4K 38 19
**COMPLETED** my user changed :: new name is @heartbreaksolider WARNING:::: Boy on boy Character Death Abuse Smut
788 11 7
Hello! I'm in a writing rut and always find joy and creativity in writing about my favorite fandoms. Mine just so happens to Supernatural. Expect one...
2.9K 50 22
"Jayde tried not to slip and slide too much in pursuit of the men but almost broke her arm when she slipped on some ice. Somehow avoiding falling fac...