My Human Robot | Jeon Jungkoo...

Da jjkimajins

This story is currently on hold due to lack of inspiration but I will complete it at some point. If you have... Altro

INTRO
0. Prologue
1. Tomorrow
2. Him
4. My Flower
5. Underwear
6. Date
7. Kiss
8. Sorry

3. Work

775 35 51
Da jjkimajins

➶➴➶➴➶➴➶
Your POV
➶➴➶➴➶➴➶

After saying goodbye to the handsome stranger last night, he's been on my mind constantly; the way he called me 'my flower' repeated in my head like a broken record.

The way he held me, like I was the most delicate thing in the world. The way he looked at me with his sparkling, ebony eyes, like I was the most beautiful thing in world.

I would've invited him in but after what happened I think it would've been a little naïve of me; it was naïve of me letting him walk me back home.

Yet I felt completely safe around him. His protective attitude must've given me confidence that he wouldn't repeat Eunwoo's behaviour.

Would've made him a hypocrite anyway.

My alarm went off sooner than I'd of liked this morning, not really feeling like getting up after last night. I lazily reach my hand to my bedside table to turn off my alarm. Thinking I had successfully turned it off, I snuggled back under the duvet only to then hear my fathers voice echoing around the room.

"Y/n? Hello? Are you there?"

My eyes suddenly bolt wide open and look at my phone screen.

Turns out it wasn't an alarm but a phone call.

With my father.

And I accepted it.

Shit.

"Y/n?"

"Hello?" I say as enthusiastically as I can to make it not seem like I just woke up.

"Ah you are there. I just called to ask how last night went? I haven't had the chance to speak with Eunwoo yet."

Wow, I could've put money on this being the reason for his call at 9:28 on a Saturday morning.

"Dad can we not talk about this now? I have things to do," I half lie, not wanting to talk about last nights events at this moment. I'm still trying to process it all myself.

"I just want to hear how it went and if there's a possibility that there could be a second one?" I could hear the hope in his voice.

"Unfortunately not. It just didn't work out," I tell him straight.

"What?! Why not? It's Mr Cha, a wealthy, handsome, respectful man. He looked nice."

'Respectful'. Pfft.

"Yeah, well looks can be deceiving but I just don't really think he was that interested in getting to know me properly. I think he was more interested in something short term whereas I am a bit more optimistic and want something a bit more...permanent."

"Are you sure? Maybe he was just nervous or-"

"I'm positive. No more dates father. Not with him, not with anyone, okay? I don't feel like dating anyone right now and if so I'll deal with it myself, okay? I'm twenty-two father, you don't need to keep playing Cupid for me."

He sighs.

"Okay Y/n, as long as you're sure. I only want the best for you okay? I love you."

"I know. I love you too dad, bye."

I hung up and exhaled deeply before flopping back down on my bed and closing my eyes, only for them to shot back open as my phone starts ringing again.

Thinking it was my father again, I don't look at the caller ID and answer the call.

"What now?!" I exclaim.

"Good Morning to you too, Miss Hwang."

"Mr Kim, oh my gosh I'm so sorry I thought you were someone else," I panic as a red flush takes over my cheeks in embarrassment. "Good Morning Sir, what can I help you with?"

"I know it's a Saturday but I need you in my office as soon as you can, we've had to call an urgent meeting."

"Of course, may I ask what it's about?" I say as I get out of bed and head to my wardrobe, trying to decide what to wear.

"I'll inform you when you arrive. I'll see you soon," he says before hanging up.

••••

I arrive at work at a little after ten and head straight up to Mr Kim's office. I've been working at Kims' Publishers as Mr Kims' assistant for almost a year now and I love it.

My main responsibility is proofreading pages/chapters or even whole books before publishing. To some it may seem a bit boring but as a bookworm, it's perfect. Everything you read is different and each author has a different and unique style of writing.

The elevator doors open and I step out, heading for the large, double doors at the end of the hall, my two inch black heels click against the marble floor as I do so.

I knock once on the door before hearing a faint 'come in' from the other side and enter the office, finding my boss sitting at his desk filling out some paperwork. Today he's dressed in an all black suit with his dark hair gelled into a small quiff.

I would be lying if I said I didn't have a small crush on my boss, Kim Mingyu. Despite my height being a reasonable 5ft 7, his 6ft 2 figure towers over me and when I've had to attend formal events with him, I feel very protected stood next to him.

But he's my boss and way out of my league. I've always hoped that someday something might happen between us but he's either being professional or he's simply not interested in me. My guess is both as I've caught him flirting with Lia on reception on the third floor.

I walk towards him with a worried smile on my face.

"Thanks for coming in y/n, Mr Han's book is two days away from publishing but somehow five chapters are missing so it doesn't make sense. We need to come up with some sort of plan to fill the gaps and make it complete again," he says as he stands up from his desk.

"Five chapters!? And there's not any copies saved anywhere?" I furrow my brows in confusion, we must have at least one copy of the whole book.

"Nope, system went down last night after you left and all of yesterdays files were corrupted. Our only option is to rewrite," he shrugs as he collects a few files from his desk and heads to the door as I follow behind him.

"Does anyone who edited or proofread it remember what happened in it? Does Mr Han remember?"

"Y/n," he stops and faces me, his eyes looking directly into mine. "Your colleagues must read or edit at least four different books a day, that's twenty a week. You really think they're going to remember exactly what happened in chapter six, twenty or thirty-two of a romance novel?" he raises his voice making me flinch and step back.

"I..."

"Well?"

"No Sir," I lower my head and focus on the floor instead. I've never seen him like this before.

"As for Mr Han, if we rewrote roughly what it was about before it wouldn't be as good as it was. Now, don't ask silly questions y/n and let's fix this mess before another problem happens."

••••

At eight we finally finish and I'm exhausted. Wasn't exactly how I planned how my weekend would go but oh well.

Somehow I miraculously came up with something decent that worked well with the novel and Mingyu seemed to be impressed with how quickly I directed Mr Han with help from the team to write the chapters.

The frequent light squeezing of his hand on my thigh and subtle flirting didn't go unnoticed throughout the day.

He was sending me mixed signals and I didn't know whether to trust them or not.

As I was about to leave, Mingyu called out for me, halting my steps from progressing.

"Thank you for today y/n, without you we'd be pulling our hair out by now," he says with a chuckle.

"Well I was just doing my job Sir, but I'm glad I could help," I gave him a light smile before turning to leave.

"Wait y/n," he grabs my hand, making me face him again. I look down at our connected fingers and he is quick to let go after realising what he did.

"I'm sorry for how I acted earlier I was just so stressed and I didn't mean to take it out on you," he frowns.

"It's okay, I understand don't worry," I shrug.

"You did great today y/n, I'm really proud of you. You worked hard," he smiles as he reaches his hand up to caress my cheek. I can feel my cheeks heating up and my heart starts beating faster in my chest.

"Thank you Sir," I smile at him, our eyes connected. Before I can process what's happening, he leans forward and places his lips on the corner of my mouth.

"I'll see you on Monday y/n," he winks before walking towards his car.

My eyes widen in shock. I can't believe it.

My boss just kissed me?!

I internally scream as I pull my lower lip between my teeth to prevent any sounds leaving my mouth as I skip towards my car.

••••

On the drive back I call my best friend Mirae, who also happens to work with me but in a different department.

She's fully aware about my crush on Mingyu and likes to know all the gossip that goes down.

"Y/n I'm so happy for you!" she exclaims. "I hope something comes out of this, you two would look great together!"

"I hope so too and plus it'll make my dad happy and stop playing matchmaker," I giggle as I playfully roll my eyes.

"Damn y/n, you've had three guys over you in like 24 hours! I might need your dad to play cupid for me."

"Don't say it like that, that makes me sound like a hoe. Plus nothing actually happened with the other two, fortunately for one of them but maybe I did want to kiss my rescuer last night but I blame the wine. Besides it's not like I'll ever see him again-"

Suddenly, a black figure steps out in front of my car and I scream in panic as I quickly slam the break down, hoping I wasn't too late.

"Y/n are you okay?! Are you hurt? What happened!?" Mirae shouts.

"I think I just hit my rescuer."

➶➴➶➴➶➴➶

Sorry for the inactivity, submitting my uni was stressful and finding the motivation to write again took longer than I thought but I'm hoping to publish more regularly.

This was more of a filler chapter but hopefully something more interesting will happen in the next chapter.

Also thank you for 300 reads on this book and 14.3K reads on Single Dad. I'm so grateful for your support.

Please remember to vote and comment any feedback :)

➶➴➶➴➶➴➶

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

553 30 16
Short story involving Jung Kook of BTS Is the person I've been dreaming of real? Mature! +18 Lots of smutty stuffs A bit mind fucky so pay attention...
240K 8.4K 48
You are trying to be a model and your parents fixed your marriage with jimin and he always treats you nicely let's see If you are gonna fall for him...
29.1K 1.1K 63
Feelings between two people always start to grow. It's a natural phenomenon. You can't stop it. There will be things standing in their way. All they...
14 0 9
I don't know how to give amazing descriptions about fanfics So basically this is in a dystopian time line where their is kings and queens taehung i...