We'll Get Though This Togethe...

By Capser76570

Ahsoka and Rex have been together for almost a year now, through many hard times like Umbara for instance. No... More

Rex's Fear
Under the Covers
Cody
In the Bacta
Relief
Injury
Med Bay
Confrontation
Tackle
Mandalore
Getting to the Palace
Ahsoka vs Maul
Calm Before the Storm
Order 66
Trying to Escape
Escape
Arguement
Making Up
The Plan
Coruscant
Chancellor Palpatine
The Missile
Recovery
The Child
Sparring Match
Formation of a Plan
Kamino Pt1
Kamino Pt2
Kamino Pt3
Leaving Kamino
Survivor
Leaving the Med Center
The Picture
Whatever it Takes
Crossfire
Affection
The Separatist Senator
The Party
Truth Serum
Plan for Escape
Leaving
Home Sweet Home
Feeling Better
Sneaking Around
Glitter
Blades
The Dare
The Briefing
Preparing
Mygeeto
Darkness
Trauma
Light
Better Days
The News
Mess Hall
Choices
Crash
Taking a Plunge
The Woods
The Cabin
The Gurlanin
Fights
Going Back
Back on the Cruiser
Growing Pains
Back to Coruscant
Adoration
Preparations
Hello There
General Grievous
Just Breathe
A Little Bit of Love
Here and Now
Cybernetics
Battle of Coruscant
Doom
Highs and Lows
Nearing the End
Finale
Epilogue
New Book

Heroes

1.1K 33 16
By Capser76570

*A very long while later*

"Ready?" Anakin asked.

Rex and Ahsoka nodded. They were almost done on Kamino, all that was left was a few more places, this was one of them. They were standing at a door, and Anakin was going to opened in quickly and Rex and Ahsoka with the other clones would charge in and start blasting.

"Good. Three... two... one!" Anakin opened the door.

As soon as the door opened, Ahsoka leapt into the room with her lightsabers held out in front of her and Rex had his blaster pistols outstretched. There was a whole mass of clones inside that room and Rex was about to shoot when a clone turned around with the grey Wolfpack sign painted on his helmet. Ahsoka told everyone behind her to stand down and Anakin came into the room with his lightsaber clipped to his belt. The other clones stood outside the area since the room was too small with the Wolfpack.

"What are you guys doing here?" Anakin asked.

Wolffe managed to push through the crowd, "The General and some others got wounded and we needed a private area so we cleared this room. But clearly it's not private enough,"

"Is he okay?" Ahsoka asked, worried about Plo.

"He'll be fine. Just some minor wounds and things of that nature. He's down there if you want to see him," he pointed behind his shoulder to the other side of the room.

Ahsoka nodded and walked to where he was pointing. Rex walked up to his brother and took off his helmet, clipping it to his belt. Wolffe did the same which revealed a bloody nose, but the blood was dried and crusty which made Rex grimace, "Uh should you get that looked at?"

"No," Wolffe said flatly.

"Oh. Okay. Well, how's it been going for you?"

"It's been fine, as you know the others a finishing up right now and Kamino should be rid of the chipped clones any time now,"

"Heh, yeah I-,"

A clone with yellow painted armor came busting into the room, breathing heavily, "Captain Rex!"

Rex turned and walked over to the clone, "What's wrong, Waxer?" He was getting worried.

"It's... It's Commander Cody, sir," Waxer said, still breathing heavily.

"Why, what's wrong?!"

"He's badly injured and General Kenobi told me to come and get you, but I'm not sure if he can Force heal Cody in time,"

Rex felt his stomach tie in knots and he heard his heart beating loudly. He felt sick, like he was going to vomit, "Where is he?!"

Anakin came over, "You don't look to good, Rex. Everything okay,"

"No!" He said a little loudly, "Go get Ahsoka," he quieted his voice.

Anakin was confused but did as he was asked. Within a small amount of time, Ahsoka and him were back.

"Come on," Waxer waved a hand.

He quickly led them to the far end of the facility. Rex swallowed hard when he saw that the hallway was no longer white, it was black and brown with smoke radiating off the walls.

"What happened?" Ahsoka asked as they were still running to Cody's location.

"A bomb went off," Waxer replied.

They rounded a bend and there was a huge hole in the facility and Rex sprinted ahead everyone when he saw Cody lying on the ground with Kenobi at his side, eyes closed and a hand on his chest plate. He skidded to a stop and knelt beside his fallen brother. Anakin got there quickly as well and got down next to his old master. He nudged Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan snapped out of his Force healing. What he did had already had taken a toll on his body, and his injuries didn't help either.

"Let me and Ahsoka take over," Anakin said.

Kenobi gratefully nodded and scooted back to let Ahsoka take his position. Rex couldn't bare to look at Cody. Due to the explosion, his armor was nearly burnt to a crisp and it melted to his skin. His armor was pretty much the only thing that was holding Cody together. Blood was oozing out of the cracks in the armor and the smell of chard flesh filled the air. Rex looked to Ahsoka and Anakin and they had their eyes closed with their brows furrowed.

He couldn't believe it. This couldn't be happening again. Cody always had to play the hero in these situations no mister the cost, and that sometimes scared Rex. They had always been close, they were best friends on Kamino and continued to be later on. He helped Cody through hard times, and vice versa. He looked down at Cody again and saw the bleeding had slowed down and beads of sweat were forming on the Jedi's brows. Rex looked to Cody's face and sighed when he saw the large scar on his face. Memories of Kamino came back to him. No he told himself, Don't think about that, he'll be fine and recover.... right?

To keep himself busy, he decided to get out some bacta and start wiping away the dust and grime on Cody's face and to patch up the lacerations.

Rex got the cuts in his vod's face all covered in a coat of the regenerative gel. He sat there and noticed Obi-Wan rejoined the healing group. His heart skipped a beat when he saw Cody's eyelids flicker, like he blinked with his eyes closed.

"Cody?" Rex said softly, "Codes, can you hear me,"

Cody's lips slightly moved and quivered, he was trying to speak. He very faintly mumbled something indistinct and Rex jumped when Ahsoka gasped and nearly fell over backwards.

"Woah 'Soka, are you okay?" He asked.

Ahsoka swallowed hard, "I just can't overwork myself, and I think I overdid it by a tad," she wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand, "How is he? Is the healing working?"

"Yeah... he's barely conscious though,"

"It's better then being unconscious,"

Rex nodded, "You should snap those two out of it so that they don't hurt themselves," he didn't take his eyes off his brother.

"... Um, okay. Master," she tapped his shoulder but he was still working, "Hellooo?" She nudged hard him this time.

Anakin gasped, "What's happening!?"

"Nothing, you're healing too much, your not a healer,"

He nodded and tapped Obi-Wan's head, "Hey, you can stop now,"

Kenobi opened his eyes and looked to Rex. It was strangely creepy how zen Obi-Wan was.

Rex cleared his throat, "He's made a difference in physical healing-,"

"Wait, how did we get here?" Ahsoka interrupted him.

"Medics and others brought us into this gunship for shelter,"

Cody slightly coughed and groaned and his face showed signs of anguish. Rex but a hand to his forearm and waited intensely for his brother to open his eyes or do something. A medic came over and put a hand to Rex's shoulder, "I have to do work on him now, so I need you four to leave please,"

Rex looked up and saw Kix, ".... alright, update us as soon as you get any progress,"

He stood up, along with the Jedi, and exited the gunship. They were now on a landing platform outside of the cloning facility and they saw clones on stretches being loaded onto gunships and the gunships taking off.

"And Kamino?" Anakin asked.

"We still have men working inside, they're doing a sweep of the place to make sure it is all clear. We'll know if we did it in a few hours," Rex responded.

Obi-Wan took a step forward and nearly fell to the ground. He didn't put weight on one of his legs and Anakin quickly got to his side, "Okay you need help,"

"We all need help," Ahsoka said.

Rex looked around, "Why?" He said very quickly. He didn't see anything and he realized what his wife meant, "Geez don't say that. The last time someone said that a wave of droids were coming,"

"Oh," Ahsoka chuckled, "Sorry,"

"I'm fine Anakin," Obi-Wan said.

"No you're not, you need to get medical attention," Anakin argued.

Kenobi groaned, "I'm fine, I just need to rest. And besides, we all need medical attention. Look at Rex, he's gotten shot, Ahsoka's gotten shot, and you need psychiatric attention,"

"Hey!"

Rex quietly sniggered and Anakin shot him a glare. He stopped laughing and turned to Ahsoka who had a smile on her face, making him smile too. Anakin rolled his eyes at the lovestruck couple and then realized he couldn't say anything. He was just as bad as them, if not worse.

A clone came up to them, he looked like he was one of Aayla Secura's, and said, "Sirs, we are finished with half of the sweep and only one or two clones needed the chips removed, at least, ones we saw. But so far so good, and I think we've done it, we finally took Kamino,"
———-
To those who celebrate it, happy Thanksgiving!🧡🦃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354K 9K 110
Male Jedi reader insert #10 in Ahsoka #2 in starwarsfanfiction #1 in theclonewars #10 in starwars /// y/n and the clones finally loaded the crates. H...
3.7K 100 11
Ahsoka was no longer the "kid" he had made her out to be in his mind; she hadn't been for a long time. Pretending had been only a feeble defense agai...
5.6K 70 18
Just a few one-shots in the Clone Wars that I write when I'm bored. Mostly about Ahsoka. A few of them are Kaesoka (Kaeden x Ahsoka) because sometime...
148K 2.5K 35
A couple of months after Ahsoka leaves the Order, Anakin meets an orphan girl they discover is force-sensitive. She works her way into the hearts of...