Sinking (Hitoshi Shinso x OC)

By yohocopo14

Katherine Yamada is the only daughter of the pro hero Present Mic, and it's just them vs. the world. That's... More

~before we begin~
Chapter 1: promises
Chapter 2: home sweet- OH MY GOSH DAD ARE YOU DEAD?
Chapter 3: crashing the U.A entrance exams
Chapter 4: nightmares and first days
Chapter 5: past meets present
Chapter 6: pomeranian boy
Chapter 7: quirk assessments
chapter 8: quirks and todoroki
Chapter 9: all might fed his hair to an angel
Chapter 10: USJ
Chapter 11: USJ part 2
Chapter 12: USJ part 3
Chapter 13: the aftermath
Chapter 14: the obstacle course
Chapter 15: cavalry race
Chapter 16: shinso likes boats
Chapter 17: Iida the rocket
Chapter 18: our lord and savior izuku
Chapter 19: fallen angel
Chapter 20: lavender and the ocean
Chapter 21: owie
Chapter 22: airport help desk fiasco
Chapter 23: wake up calls and fake smiles
Chapter 24: internships and hero names
Chapter 25: nomu go rawr and nimbus sucks
~ really late christmas special ~
A/N: im not dead i swear
Chapter 27: confrontation
Chapter 28: fickle pickle
Chapter 29: orange blossoms are pretty
Chapter 30: love u til time stops
A/N: lol get ur feelings wrecked
~100+ Votes Special~

Chapter 26: how to catch a snake

259 10 22
By yohocopo14

this meme is everything i need. it is the thing i'm living for from now on. a true masterpiece.

[rly unedited im sorry i'll pray for u 0_o]

~~~~

I spent the rest of my internship in the hospital and can I just say that the smell is something you never get used to. Personally, I live with two men who both aren't the best at keeping things nice and tidy at home, so being in a hospital where everything is clean is kind of... weird? strange? no?

On my second day there, I found out about what had happened to Izuku, Todoroki, and Iida. I also heard that they were in the same hospital as me, so me being the amazing person I am, I went searching for them.

Worst idea I've ever thought of in my life.

First, I ran into a bunch of people who hate my guts which was a wonderful experience indeed. I was truly enlightened by their words of wisdom.

Then, I accidentally walked in on a nurse and a doctor doing some... questionable activities in a storage closet. I had no idea that people can moan that high. She kind of sounded like a bird.

After other awkward encounters, I finally found their room. I opened the door and the first thing I heard was "TODOROKI-KUN THAT'S NOT HOW YOU PLAY UNO!"

When I say I was beyond confused at what I saw that day, I swear on my life, I'm not lying because Iida-san was looking at his cards as if we was about to fucking destroy the world, Todoroki-san seemed pissed enough that the objects around his were starting to freeze, and Midoriya-kun, poor baby, was just sitting there too horrified to speak.

They heard the door open and looked up to see me in my hospital gown and huge boot on my foot.

I smiled nervously and waved, "hEy guYs..."

Midoriya-kun waved back with a sweet smile, "Hi Katherine! What are you doing here? How are you?"

Todoroki-san looked confused, "Midoriya, why did you ask her even though you saw what was on the news about her being-"

Midoriya-kun slapped Todoroki-san's mouth and awkwardly grinned at me, "We heard what happened... Katherine, are you okay?"

I smiled and awkwardly flapped my hand(idk ok let me be with my awkward hand flapping smh), gesturing to brush it off, "It's fine.. say, can I play uno with you guys?"

They all nodded awkwardly and Midoriya-kun made room for me on his cot. I sat down and that's how I spent my first day in the hospital: gossiping and playing uno with the boys(😎💯🥶)

~~~~

Based on how our conversations were going, I think that the boys and I got a lot closer after a couple hours of toxic uno playing.

"Wait so, you saved that hero, but now he wants to cancel you?" Iida-kun asked after putting down a red seven.

I glared at him and drew another card, "Yeah, it's stupid really. Are men's egos that fragile?"

Midoriya-kun out down a blue seven and replied, "Yeah, that guy must be like Kachan."

We burst out laughing as Todoroki-kun silently placed an blue four down. It was Iida-kun's turn to be pissed, "Who changed the color?"

I pointed at Midoriya-kun.

Iida-kun glared at him, "You messed up the very complex strategy that I've been planning on-"

"Shut up and draw a card, mr. imma play uno like it's fucking chess," Todoroki-kun muttered lowly.

Midoriya-kun and I snickered at Iida-kun who flushed red and drew a card from the deck.

I looked at my cards and smirked.

"Don't do it, Katherine."

I placed a wild card down with a shit eating grin on my proud face. The boys groaned and Todoroki-kun gently placed his cards in his lap and said while looking directly into my eyes, "Screw you."

"I mean, if you want to dAdDy~"

"...I hate it here."

I burst out laughing hysterically, "Y'all up for another round? Unless you're too scared~"

"I'll shuffle the cards this time, kAthEriNe," Iida-kun took the deck of cards to shuffle them and while doing that asked ,"What are you planning to do about that hero?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't have evidence against him and most people hate me, so I figured that there's nothing I can do."

They all say thoughtfully and Midoriya-kun suggested that I find a way to prove my innocence. Todoroki-kun suggested that I sue him. And Iida-kun suggested that I make an apology.

All of them seemed like too much work to do by myself, so I brushed it off until I got a call.

I asked the guys to be quiet and I hesitantly answered the facetime call.

"Hi..."

Lina's red face showed up on my screen and her eyebrows were furrowed in worry.

"Why didn't you call me?"

I froze. i thought i was forgetting something important, but forgetting to call Lina was something that would lead to my death.

"S-Sorry, I forgot to call you because everything is so busy around here... haha."

She glared at me through the phone, "TELL ME WHY I HAD TO HEAR EVERYTHING FROM YOUR DAD?!"

The boys in the room were beyond confused because we were speaking in english, but they could tell I was in big trouble.

I panicked, "My dad called you..?"

"YES, YOUR FATHER, YOUR SPERM DONOR, CALLED ME AND TOLD ME THAT PEOPLE HATE YOU EVEN MORE NOW AND- did you just laugh?"

My eyes widened, "No, why would I laugh?"

I slapped Midoriya-kun's thigh to make him stop laughing, but ended up laughing even harder.

"Katherine, are you with other people right now?"

"Yeah..."

"OH CAN I MEET THEM??? I'VE PRACTICING JAPANESE SO I CAN MEET YOUR COOL HERO FRIENDS!"

"Yeah you can meet them... guys say hi."

The guys awkwardly waved when I pointed the camera at them. Lina, however, was ecstatic.

"HI GUYS MY NAME IS LINA AND MY HERO NAME IS SUNNY NICE TO MEET YOU!"

She enthusiastically waved to the three awkward guys who looked at me practically begging me to point the camera away.

Complying, I made the camera face me again and asked, "Why'd you call?"

"I don't know maybe I thought that you were my best friend and I just wanted to talk to you about the bitch face that did something wrong to you?" she suggested.

"Right... you see, I'm in the middle of ignoring my problems right now, so it's be very helpful if you could just... shut....up?" I mumbled as I saw the 'repeat that again and you'll never see the light of day again' face where her usual 'everything is wonderful' face is.

She sighed, "Well I don't care about that because we need to get him back."

"Wait, how do you even know the truth when I never called you?"

Her eyebrow twitched and she gave a tight lipped smile, "Your sperm donor called me, remember?"

My mouth made an "O" shape and I nodded in understanding.

"Have you come up with an idea to get your revenge yet or do I need to call the gang together to discuss our plan?"

Midoriya-kun's eyes widened, "R-Revenge?"

I glared at Lina and smiled comfortingly, "No, Lina just has a weird sense of humor and say, Lina do I hear Holly in the background?"

"No-"

"OH WOW I'LL CALL YOU IN A BIT~"

"Wait w-"

"BYE BABE~"

"What the-"

*beep*

"I think she was saying something...?" Todoroki-kun asked.

I shook my head, "She definitely didn't, so maybe you should go get your ears checked."

He visibly cringed, so I decided to leave then and plot my revenge.

~~~~

The last day in the hospital, I decided to facetime Shinso.

"Hey siri, facetime tinky winky." (tinky winky is the name of the purple teletubby)

It rang four times until he answered with his camera pointed at his ceiling.

I frowned, "Shinso?"

"What?"

I blushed. His voice was lower and more... gravelly than usual, almost like he had just woken up.

"Hey, don't be mean to me~" I pouted, "There's no need to be so hostile, Shinso."

He scoffed, "I just asked what you wanted."

"Well, be nicer about it."

*beep*

I sat in my hospital bed with my mouth gaping, "Did he just hang up on me? The audacity of this man."

I facetimed him again.

"What the fuck do you want, Angel."

That hit a nerve, "HOLD ON. STOP THIS FUCKING BUS. LISTEN HERE TINKY WINKY, I'M BEING AN AMAZING FRIEND AND-"

*beep*

"HE HUNG UP AGAIN?!" I shouted, frustrated, "That's it, no more nice girl."

I facetimed him again and this time he didn't pick up at all. And like any other sane person would do in my situation, I sat and sulked for thirty minutes.

Then the door to my hospital room opened.

"Angel, I got you some food that my mom- WOAH!" he stumbled backwards carrying a grocery bag and me, who had jumped into his arms.

"Shinso~ I missed you so much~" I nuzzled my head into his warm chest.

He wobbled forward and set the grocery bag down on the table in my room, "Nice to see you too, person who didn't call me after they were involved with yet another public incident for the millionth time in a row."

"It's not my fault that the public just loves to hate me these days!" I pointed out dryly.

"Yeah well, it's your fault for not calling or texting," Shinso sighed as he gently sat me down on the bed and sat on the edge.

I raised my eyebrows, "Were you worried about me?"

"Of course I was!" he shouted, obviously frustrated with me.

I blushed slightly and gave him another hug, "Thanks for caring, Shinso."

"No problem, Angel," he gave my head a little pat and pointed at the plastic bag he brought, "My mom made you some porridge to eat."

My eyes watered, "Y-Your mom made me porridge?"

He looked at me weirdly, "Yeah?"

"Marry me."

"Not yet."

I choked on my saliva, "NOT Y-"

"I told her about you and she actually wants to meet you even though I've told her that you're a total noob at doing anything other than being a brat," he calmly kept speaking despite my loss for words. He stood up and began preparing to eat.

"ARE WE JUST GOING TO IGNORE-"

"Shut up and say ah," he said while holding a spoon of porridge in front of my mouth.

I felt my face warm up, "I can feed myself, Shinso..."

"Don't be a brat and open your mouth."

"But what if I don't want to?"

"Are you saying you want to offend my mom who spent hours working on making you this delicious porridge and poured her heart and soul int-"

"FINE!" I awkwardly opened my mouth while averting my eyes from Shinso's teasing face.

I chewed for a bit and after I swallowed Shinso asked, "So? Do you like it?"

I nodded slowly, "Can I have more?"

He chuckled, "No, because it's not like I brought this for you."

I, not noticing his sarcasm, said, "So I can't have more?"

"I was joking, Angel. Of course, you can have more. Hell, this entire container is yours."

I snatched the container and spoon from him and basked in the beautiful flavors of the porridge, "Your sense of humor sucks, Shinso."

"Thanks, " he watched me inhale the entire container of porridge like it was nothing with a mildly curious face. "Have you never had porridge before?"

"Well, of course, but store bought porridge and Uncle Aiza's porridge is different from a mother's porridge, y'know?" I replied, wiping my mouth with a napkin.

"You never taster your mother's porridge before?"

I let him sit back down on the bed with me and sighed, "Nope. My mom left me and my dad shortly after I was born."

He frowned, "So you've never met her?"

I played with a strand of hair, "Mhm, but I'm happy with Dad and my uncle."

"He's not actually your uncle though, right?"

I nodded, "Yeah, him and my dad are both really close friends, so when my mom left, Uncle Aiza moved in with my dad and I to help him cope and raise me. Uncle Aiza is more like a second parent than an uncle, but I feel like it might be weird if I called both of them dad, y'know? They aren't even married so..."

"Okay, I understand," he smiled softly at me, "If you ever need some motherly porridge, just tell me or stop by. My mom actually wants to meet you."

I felt my heart melt, but held back from hugging him again and decided to hold my ground, "REALLY? Awww, does Shinso talk to his mom about me?"

He flushed, "No, it just comes up sometimes, okay? Don't be an asshole about it, sheesh."

I giggled, "Well, tell her I'd love to come over soon after I get this annoying boot off."

We sat and chatted for about an hours, going back and forth teasing each other and the occasional roasting battle.

"So what are you going to do about that Nimbus dude?"

I shrugged, "I want to get back at him, but I don't have concrete evidence to hold against him."

He carefully considered this, "That's true, but he doesn't have concrete proof that you did those things either."

"That's true, but unlike me, he holds the public's interest."

"Then we only have the option of having you confront him face to face."

My eyes grew as wide as saucers, "I'm horrible at confronting people without either crying or screaming a them."

He grinned evilly, "That's where your quirk comes in."

"What the fuck does my quirk have to do with- OH! I CAN MAKE HIM CONFESS THE TRUTH USING MY QUIRK! SHINSO YOU'RE GENIUS."

"Wait."

"What's wrong? It's perfect!" I shook him violently.

He groaned, "They public doesn't like your quirk, so it's make things worse if you used it on a pro that they like."

I dramatically flailed my arms, "So I have to confront him and make him tell the truth by myself?"

Shinso nodded and when he saw my nervous reaction, he rubbed my back comfortingly, "Don't worry, this is something I can help you with."

"How?"

"You said you get too emotional when arguing with people, right?"

I nodded, curious as to what he was thinking of.

"Then I can teach you how to close off your emotions and become a master manipulator."

"That's not nice, Shinso. Besides, you're just a big ole' softie!" I laughed and ruffled his fluffy, purple hair.

He smirked, "You think I'm soft?"

I smiled and nodded, "Yup, you're my adorable, Tinky Winky Friend!"

"Adorable? Tinky Winky? Friend? I think you've only seen me be soft, but," he leaned down towards my right ear and whispered, "I can be a little... naughty." (can i just- *leaves*)

I felt shivers run down my spine and I mumbled, "Okay then, I'll leave that to you, and figure out the other stuff."

He laughed, "No need to be so stiff, Angel. I'm kidding!"

I glared at him, "Rude bitch."

"Aw is little Angel mad?"

"Leave."

"C'mon Angel, I was kidding."

"Leave."

"Angel~"

"Leave."

He wrapped his arms around me and said, "I'm not leaving yet."

"Why not?"

"... I skipped training for today to come see you..."

"And?"

"My teacher is your uncle..."

Silence.

I slapped his arms away from me and yelled, "SHINSO DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH MY UNCLE HATES PEOPLE WHO SKIP TRAINING? I LOST COMPUTER PRIVILEGES FOR A WEEK! A WEEK!"

He scratched his head, "I mean, it was worth it."

"Shinso, I don't deserve youuuuu," I sniffled, flailing my arms again, "You're too nice to me."

"Yeah well, maybe it's about time you realized how cool I am-"

"SUNSHINE MY ONLY SUNSHINE YOU MAKE ME HAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GREY-"The sound of Lina shouting the classic nursery song blasted from Katherine's phone.

"Hi babe, what can I do for you?" I asked in Japanese because I was talking to Shinso a second ago.

Lina waved at the camera and said in Japanese as well, "We need to plot our revenge, remember?"

I saw Shinso leaning closer to me to see who it was and he replied, "Don't worry, I've got everything under control."

"And who are you, strange man's voice?" Lina asked suspiciously.

Shinso smirked, "I'm a friend of Angel's."

"Angel?" Lina's defensive side was beginning to surface.

Not good.

"Lina, this is my friend Shinso!" I let Shinso come sit next to me, so we could both be seen on camera.

We both waved and Lina fainted, "YOU'RE THAT GUY FROM THE SPORTS FESTIVAL!"

Shinso nodded, "I met Angel at the sports festival."

"Wait, do you mean Katherine?"

He nodded, "Because she was pretty and her wings are pretty, too."

"You think my wings are pretty?" I nudged Shinso's side playfully.

"Oi Katherine, don't go replacing me with some purple haired nobody," Lina pouted, "You only get to tease me, okay?"

The glint in Shinso's eyes changed, "Are you her girlfriend?"

Lina's eyes narrowed, "And what if I am?"

"I mean, I think she could do better," he wondered out loud.

"WHA- JAPANESE PEOPLE ARE MEAN!" Lina scowled.

I chuckled at their exchange, "We've decided to..."

<after the explanation bc im tired yall give me a break this is almost 3000 words rn>

Lina nodded her head, "It sounds like a good plan as long as you don't let your emotions overflow."

"That's why I'm here," Shinso said with a confident aura surrounding him.

"Hmph," Lina wondered, "Are you guys dating?"

"W-We're just friends, I promise," I nodded vigorously.

"Hey, Angel?"

"Yeah?"

He hesitated, "You're ears are red..."

I slapped my hands to cover my ears and closed my eyes.

Lina's loud laughter could be heard vibrating through the speakers of my phone that Shinso was carrying while stifling his laughter.

"Okay Lina-san, it was nice meeting you, but I think Angel's had enough chaos for today."

Lina nodded and hung up the call.

I opened my eyes and uncovered my ears to find Shinso staring at me. I mumbled, "You're mean."

He chuckled, "You're adorable, Angel."

"Meanie..."

He began petting my hair reassuringly, "It's cause you're too fun to tease."

"Hmph."

He embraced me again, "I'm sorry, Angel~"

I slapped his hands away from me, "STOP IT!"

He seemed surprised by my outburst.

"YOU'RE MAKING IT SO HARD TO NOT LIKE YOU IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE, SO JUST- just... stop...please..." I whispered.

A small smile played on his lips, "And why should I stop?"

I hid my face in my hands, "Because it's... bad to like... you... especially when like... the entire country hates me..."

I felt his fingers tickling the outside of my hands, "And what if I like that you like me?"

I peaked a look from behind my hands and whispered, "What?"

He took my hands from my face, "What if I like that you like me?"

I averted my eyes from his face, "Why would... what?"

"Angel, you're making it seem like I'm saying a riddle," he ran his fingers through his hair and looked into my eyes and asked, "What if I like you?"

I tried turning my face away from him, but he held it in place, "Look at me please, Angel."

I felt heat rush up to my face and he smiled wider.

"Y'know Angel, I didn't exactly expect to like you or anything," he started, "But you just keep... making me feel happy."

I looked at him intently as his eyes began to light up like the sky after a thunderstorm.

"I came to school and I approach a lot of things in a... closed minded way that doesn't really let me make friends, but I was fine with that. That's how it was when I met you, too."

He continued making eye contact with me and I felt myself begin to tremble.

"I thought that we would just work together and then never speak again, but you had these cold walls up and I wanted to see who was behind them. Then you fought so hard for yourself and..."

He held my hands and he exclaimed, "I'm not good with words, so what I'm saying is... you inspire me. You're my light."

I sat there in an ugly hospital gown in a clean, neat hospital where nothing was even a little familiar. My hair was a mess, my face was bright red, and adrenaline pulsed through my body.

I sat in my hospital room with an ugly boot on my foot and a handsome, wierdo boy sitting by my side, holding my hands as if they were worth his life.

This boy who believed me, the most hated hero student in Japan, the stupidest person he's ever met, and the cold girl who didn't know if she could trust him, to be his light. 

This talented, wonderful boy confessed that I am his inspiration.

With my heart pounding, I looked this boy in his beautiful eyes and said, "I'm sorry..."

His face fell and I could hear his heart shattering to pieces. The light in his eyes faded and his grip on my hands tightened.

"Angel..." he said weakly, "Please don't say that. Say anything but that. Please."

I looked away from him with tears in my eyes, "I can't be what you need, Shinso."

"Katherine..." he begged me with his eyes. God, those eyes that I couldn't refuse for the world. The hope in those eyes that I'd shattered with one blow.

I tried pulling my hands out of his strong grip, but he wouldn't let go.

"Shinso..." I pleaded.

"Why?" he asked with his head down, "Why are you saying this when you're crying?"

I felt my lip quivering, "Shinso... I can't have people associating us together. You want to be a hero, and I need to let that happen for you."

"W-We can work things out, Angel. I can help you figure things out and-"

"Shinso..." I begged, pain making my voice break, "I can't trust anyone... I'm scared."

He breathed in, "Please. Angel, don't break my heart."

I shut my eyes and took a breath, "Look..."

I made the mistake of looking into his eyes that were now locked with mine.

"...just give me time..." I whispered.

He nodded, "Thank you, Angel."

Shinso got up, and left.

He ended up not taking the porridge container, but that was the least of my concerns.

I closed my eyes and sighed.

People are pure, untainted when they are born, like a blank canvas. Not me.

There's something wrong with my mind, with me. I hate being like this, but no matter how good I try to be, there will always be this part of my mind that seems to get in the way.

No one, not even Shinso, could handle the darkest parts of me and I was prepared to spend my life without falling in love, but that boy, that messy, closed off, soft, and funny boy ruined everything.

In the end, I didn't talk to Shinso until the hero students went back to school and even then, I didn't see him until I went to the roof for lunch and found him talking to a girl from my class.

~~~~

hEY HEY HEY IM BACK HOMIES🦑(only for this chapter bc i cant focus on studying and procrastination has led me down this wonderful path to destruction)

HOOOOOLY SHIT i just wrote that scene bro. that was a little rushed but hopefully it's still good lmao. i just want to say: i didnt like shinso that much before writing this ff but now i love this manz homie. i was originally gonna put her w some kid from 1A but my brain rly said SIKE BITCH U THOUGHT. and yeah dont be mad :P

i've written the characters a liTtLe differently but i hope you still enjoyed bc idk if i'll go through and change it or not :) they're a little too ooc but yk wtv🦖

(4000+ words mwahaha)

ok have an amazing week,
cath<3

ps. boom that's how u drop a new chapter like a pro *insert cool explosion sounds*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 1.6K 36
[COMPLETED] being bullied during your childhood days, sucked. especially for such a fragile kid who dreams to be the top hero izuku midoriya who has...
58.3K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
832K 32.7K 91
(Continues in books 2 and 3!) (Y/N) Kayama is attending one of the greatest hero schools in the world... UA! The faculty this year consists of a var...