HEIRS OF ATTICUS

By VixenAcres

[COMPLETE] "How can you live your life if you can't create new memories?" "How can I move forward when I'm... More

IMPORTANT NOTE! PLEASE READ!
HOA: WHO AM I?
HOA: I ONCE ASKED
HOA: UNEXPECTEDLY WITNESSED
HOA: HIS FLOWERY WORDS
HOA: UNTIL IT HAPPENED
HOA: SWEET GOODBYE
HOA: I MET SOMEONE
HOA: A FAVOR
HOA: DREAMED SOME PAST
HOA: I'M BACK
HOA: THE FIRST HEIR
HOA: CHICHAT
HOA: NIGHT AT THE MYSTERIOUS CABIN
HOA: A CODE
HOA: WOULD YOU?
HOA: UNLOCK
HOA: THE JEFE
HOA: ARGUE
HOA: 2AM VIEW
HOA: A RING
HOA: HIDDEN GEMS
HOA: THE ABANDONED
HOA: FIGURED OUT
HOA: THE TRADITION
HOA: STOLEN KISS
HOA: COMMEMORATION
HOA: 16 SHOTS
HOA: IT WAS WHO?
HOA: THE FIFTH HEIR
HOA: CONFUSED
HOA: I LOVE YOU'S
HOA: TIME OF UNEXPECTED
HOA: THE THIRD HEIR
HOA: DECEIVER
HOA: HIS GOODBYE
HOA: CRY OF GRIEVANCES
HOA: DEAL
HOA: WHO ARE YOU?
HOA: TRICKED
HOA: THE CALL
HOA: HEIRS OF ATTICUS
HOA: TRUTH REVEALED
HOA: CONFESSION
HOA: A SORRY
HOA: THE END
AUTHOR'S NOTE

HOA: MOMENTO

568 18 85
By VixenAcres

I'm at the room now, at the balcony of this room exactly. I'm just here looking at those beautiful surroundings and of course taking photos of it. Napatingin ako sa baba and I saw this guy Krio sitting under the tree and busy doing something. I don't know what he's doing, but it looks like he's doing artwork. I have a plan. Let me try something.

"HEY!" I shouted to him. He stop for awhile and looked up to me.

"How high do you think up here?" I shouted to him again. I saw his face being serious and a little bit worried.

"What?" He's confused.

"Let me check." Umakyat ako sa balcony railings at lumipat sa kabilang side nito. Nakahawak ang mga kamay ko sa railings. I saw him, bigla siyang tumayo sa inuupuan niya.

"WHAT IN THE H*LL ARE YOU DOING!?" he yelled.

"It's so fun in here!" pang-aasar ko sa kanya. Napansin ko siya na sobrang natataranta na sa baba. Maya't-maya pa bigla siyang naglaho. Nagpatuloy lang ako rito, nang biglang may kumuha sa kamay ko na nakahawak sa railings at muntik na akong mahulog.

"WHAT THE F*CK!" Napapikit ako sa takot, I opened my left eye to see how deep it is, in case I would fall.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" sigaw ko.

"If you want to do this make sure you're not afraid to die." It was Krio, what the heck?

"I am not."

"So, you're not afraid to fall?" he asked but his voice is really deep, as if his words has double meaning...or am I the one who gives it? Nevermind!

"I'm not afraid either," giit ko sa kanya. Hinila niya ako pabalik and he strangled his arms up to my shoulder. Our faces are touching now. I can feel his heartbeat on my back.

"Then let's fall together," he whispered and chuckled. It's weird but I can hear my breathe slowly and my heart beats so fast.

"Y-YOU'RE INSANE! GET ME OUT OF HERE!" sigaw ko sa kanya.

"Don't play games with me, Leyra," he whispered.

"Okay! Let's stop this! Just get me out of here!" I yelled. He pulled me back.

"What's wrong with you, Leyra? What are you up to, huh?" Now seeing from his aura, I can tell that he's mad.

"Chill! I'm just bored. You're over reacting," I said irritably while walking toward my bed. I sat.

"I'm not overreacting. I'm worried," he clarified.

"Oh really? Thank you! But, I'm fine," wika ko sa kanya at nginitian siya ng pilit.

"I know that face, Leyra. Stop questioning my sincerity in showing my actions towards you. I'm really worried on what you did. And, it's not funny," he said, lalabas na sana siya.

"Wait!" He stopped and turned to me. Tumayo ako.

"I'm sorry," sabi ko.

"I just want to get your attention." Nang marinig niya 'yon na confuse siya lalo.

"Attention?" he asked.

"Yeah, because you're too busy down there. I think you're stressing yourself out of it. So, I did that."

He chuckled. "So you're worried about me?"

"I may be rude at you sometimes but I still have a heart. You should thank me for that," sabi ko sa kanya.

"Should I thank you for doing that stupid idea? It's not worth thanking for, Leyra."

"Harsh," I whispered.

"I appreciate that you still have that little cared for me but I will never tolerate what you did. I'm not stressing down there, but what you did is stressing me out now, so please don't do that again. And, if you asked me if I'm really that worried about you? Yes I am, especially when it comes to your safety." At sermon pa nga ang inabot ko.

"Okay, fine. I'm sorry," sabi ko ulit at bigla akong nahilo, napahawak ako sa ulo ko. Nakaramdam ako nang sakit.

"Hey, Leyra? Are you okay?" lumapit siya sa'kin at agad-agad ako inalalayan.

"Wait, here sit here." Pinaupo niya ako at agad-agad siyang may kinuha na gamot sa pocket niya.

"Here take this pain killers, it will ease that pain you feel." He handed me the medicine and a water. Buti na lang may tubig sa kwarto. He tapped my back. While I'm in pain a sudden flashback hit me again.

*FLASHBACK

I heard a loud voice shouting in a room. It was them. The Heirs of Atticus arguing. I heard a loud sound of a slap and I saw Señor Matias Atticus and it was him who slapped Riushan.

"Why did you do that?" he asked Riushan.

"I'm doing it for nothing," he answered.

"Did you know who's that guy you got nearly killed?"

"I don't care who he was Abuelo," Riushan insisted, I saw Señor Matias slapped him again. I also noticed Riushan fists, for sure he's trying to hold his anger and temper.

"Abuelo, I think he has reasons why he did that," Hyntall interrupted.

"And, what reason is that, Hyntall? Girls?" Señor said and turned again to Riushan.

"You're wasting your life partying with girls!? If you won't change, I don't know what will I do to you next time!" Senior Matias said in anger and leave them.

A moment of silence for awhile.

"What a mess again, Riushan!" usal ni Klio.

"Shut up, Klio!" Riushan exclaimed while holding his face.

"What are you doing with your life? You're being a disgrace in this family," Klio said, and now they're starting an argument here. Nagulat ako sa mga sumunod na nangyari, kwinelyuhan niya si Klio.

"What the f*ck Klio! This is my life! I do whatever I want and you're out of it!" he exclaimed. Riushan saw me, kaya binitawan niya si Klio.

"Here we go again," Hyntall murmured.

"Instead of tolerating your brother, teach him some manners," Klio told Hyntall.

"Him? or should I teach all of you some manners?" Hyntall answered looking at all of them.

"Okay! Where do I start? Where do you want me to start? Teaching not to trick girls?" Hyntall said and they all gazed so strange at Kliosate.

"Hyntall, stop this. You're going in a wrong track again. That's enough," Rivanhgare interrupted.

"Yeah. And, besides all of us already got an award ceremony from Abuelo, so guys don't make it worse. Give some little respect and shame to Leyra," Ladegeuh added kaya nabaling ang tingin nilang lahat sa'kin.

"I'm sorry guys. Whatever the problem is. Blaming one another is not a good solution. So, please end this argument. Let your anger cool down first and just talk about it in a healthy discourse." Pagkatapos kong sabihin 'yon, isa-isa silang lumabas sa napakalaking kwarto na'to. Nauna si Riushan, and before he passed by me huminto muna siya saglit at tinignan ako. I saw the pain in his eyes, then lumabas na siya. Sumunod si Hyntall, who doesn't even bother to look at me. Next naman si Lade na ti-nap pa ang balikat ko tapos si Rivahn na ngumiti lang sa'kin. Lumapit ako kay Klio, I saw his fist kaya hinawakan ko ito to lessen his anger.

"Hey, it's okay," sabi ko sa kanya and I tapped his back to comfort him.

"Why are you here?" He turned to me.

"I'm worried about you, you didn't answer my messages and calls. So, I decided to come here," paliwanag ko sa kanya

"This family sucks!" he exclaimed.

"Klio, can I ask you?" Tinignan niya lang ako.

"Bakit hindi kayo magkasundo nang mga kapatid mo? I know this is kinda normal for siblings sometimes but you guys? Kulang na lang magpatayan kayo e'. I don't know, it's just strange. I'm really curious what happened to you and your brothers?" tanong ko sa kanya.

"Isn't it obvious? We all have different attitudes. And, whenever I try to deal with them? It just won't work. They probably hate me," he explained.

"But, why? They can't just hate you for no reason?"

"I don't know!" sigaw niya, medyo nagulat ako do'n.

"Okay, calm down," sambit ko na lang sa kanya.

"I'll take you home. Let's go!" Hinila niya ako hanggang makarating kami sa labas. Papasok na ako ng kotse nang biglang nag ring ang phone niya. He looked at me seriously for a seconds and quickly answered it.

"Hello? Yes. Okay, I'm on my way," sabi niya sa kausap niya sa phone and I saw his face look concern now and he's tense.

"What happened? Who is that?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, I can't take you home. It's urgent. Stay here. I'll be back!" he said, at nagmamadaling sumakay sa kotse.

"Wait, who is that?" tanong ko sa kanya, hindi na niya ako sinagot at nagpaharurot na siya nang sasakyan. He left me in this mansion. Napaface palm na lang ako.

Hours had passed. Close to midnight na. Still wala pa rin si Klio. Saan ba kasi pumunta 'yon? Narito lang ako naghihintay sa labas ng mansion nang Atticus. Sobrang laki talaga ng mansion nila, malaki bahay namin pero four times sa kanila. Looks like you're in a museum talaga. It was designed in Baroque style. The western influence is really visible. Ang lawak din dito sa labas. There's a two fountain with a golden horse statue centered by the gateway. I've noticed that they also have a garden nearby, so I've decided to go in there. There was a gate before you entered this garden, this the reason why Klio is really in love with flowers. I've seen different flowers and it's beautiful since there are lights in here, actually this garden looks magical. While I was roaming around on this beautiful garden, I saw someone hiding on some tall plants, I can't see its face. Kinabahan ako bigla. Isn't it a ghost? No it can't be a ghost. Gosh, I'm scaring myself. Umalis siya at ako naman itong na curious sinundan ko siya. Bigla siyang nawala sa paningin ko. Tumingin-tingin ako sa paligid, until I saw someone sitting on a swing.

"Riushan, is that you?" tanong ko sa kanya at lumapit ako, it was him. I easily recognized him because of his aura, those peircings in his ears and rings on his hands.

"What are you doing here?" he questioned in confusion.

"I was following you, I thought you're a ghost. You scared the hell out of me." I sigh.

"What? A ghost?" He's acting confused. I raised my brow as a response.

"You know what? You're pretty...but you're dumb," he sarcastically said.

"Excuse you?" Nagpantig ang tenga ko do'n ah, grabe naman itong lalaking 'to, honest masyado!

"Imagine you're really following a ghost? How dumb is that?"

"I mean excuse you? Paano mo alam?"

"Ang alin? Na bobo ka?" What the f*ck tinodo pa!

"Alam mo? Napakasama nang ugali mo!" bulyaw ko sa kanya.

"Why? Isn't it true?" he asked and smirked

"Alam ko namang bobo ako, pero wag mo naman ako masyadong i-expose," I said and he smiled, kaya nabinat 'yong sampal kanina

"Karma is really faster than my thinking capacity," sabi ko kaya pareho rin kaming natawa.

"I didn't know you're kinda funny," he said.

"Anyway, why are you still here? I thought Klio already brought you home?"

"Uh, Klio had an urgent call, I'm waiting for him to comeback," I said and smiled at him

"Lover boy looking for his Rose again." He smirked.

"What?" I asked in confusion

"You know what? Your boyfriend is a pain in the ass!" pag-iiba nito sa usapan, he looked at me really seriously.

"So, it is really true you all hated him?" sarkastikong tanong ko at seryoso na rin ako.

"Is that what he told you?"

"Yeah, and it's clearly obvious." Tumawa siya.

"Why do you hate him? He only want what's good for all of you." He smirked again and turned his face to being serious.

"I actually don't hate him, he's just annoying sometimes."

"Annoying for correcting your mistakes? He's doing his job as a brother. He's a good person you know that," I confronted him.

"Yeah! He's a good brother, so good. But, being good is too much sometimes. He's so good that he forgot that we are all old enough and we make decisions on our own. He forgot that he's crossing borders."

"Directing you on a right path, is that what you call crossing borders?"

"This is my life, Leyra. I do whatever, I want. I am held all accountable on everything I do. He's out of it, he better know that."

"I'm sorry for crossing your borders, but, why do you play girls heart?" Bigla siyang nagulat sa sinabi ko and he then smirked

"Huh, the f*ck! I bet he also told that to you."

"He did or not, I'm still gonna know that because everyone in this town talked about you, always picking up girls in a club."

"So, why do you care about my issues?"

"Actually I really don't care about your issues either they're true or not, but, as much as I'm concerned you're my boyfriend's brother. He want what's best for you, so do I."

"And, you know what? Those are women, they are not toys nor games to be played, they deserve to be loved. You should respect them," I said to him.

"Thank you for that but I only respect people who deserves respect," he said and smiled.

"Leyra, you're so sweet to be Kliosate's girl, why did you fall for him?" he asked.

"I have many reasons why I fall in love with him, and you know one of that is because he's a good guy," sabi ko, he chuckled.

"Good guy, good guy! Yeah, he's really a good guy but I'll tell you one little secret. Good guys are dangerous," he said and tapped my head.

"I know him."

"How well do you know him?" he asked me that question as if I don't really know Klio.

"I know him enough. I know that he will never do a reason to hurt me nor ruined our relationship," I insisted and he smiled

"I'm glad you know him that much. If he hurt you, I will kill him," he said seriously

I just laughed.

"I'm serious. I'll kill him," sabi niya kaya biglang na weirdohan ako

"Anyway, you're patient enough to wait for him." He chuckled at inilapit niya ang mukha niya sa'kin

"Don't wait for him, he's not coming back," he added at paulit ulit na narinig ko ang mga salitang iyon.

"He's not coming back."

The last words I heard before the memories fade in my head.

"He's not coming back," I whispered.

"Leyra, are you with me?" I looked at the guy who's beside me.

"Who are you?" I asked

"Krio, Leyra. Your doctor," he said.

"What happened? Did you remember a memory from the past?"

"Yeah. I remember him." I said.

"Kliosate?"

"All of them, especially that little convo with that one."

"Who?"

"Riushan Atticus Luxell." I saw Krio's face being confused.

"What did you remember?" tanong nito.

"He'll kill him." Hindi ko alam pero 'yon ang unang lumabas sa mga bibig ko. Krio's face looks really confused now.

His eyes and mine met and it seems really strange to me.

If you like this story please let me know by giving it a vote or at least give your thoughts on the comment section. Thankyou. GODBLESS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2K 39
A Dark Past - Shyna. A Very Ambitious Future - Davidson They are two contradictory personalities. Yet they meet. And a story is formed- Love Beneath...
106K 7.6K 37
"I've always found beginnings to be scary and endings to be sad. Taking the first step toward telling you i love you got me to break a sweat. It was...
353 9 31
Ellain is lost in her own world. She is alone because of her mysterious past no one truly knows about, except for her. One night, a year ago, someone...