Gentle for her.

By sparkleandshinex

"No one speaks to me the way you have been lately" He warned, his eyes trained on mine. "What are you going t... More

IMPORTANT NOTE
•Chapter One• The brown eyed girl...
•Chapter Two• Mysterious Italian...
•Chapter Three• Little sis...
•Chapter Four• 'Just a friend'...
•Chapter Five• The gala...
•Chapter Six• 'I crave it...'
•Chapter Seven• Scars...
•Chapter Eight• Hot mess...
•Chapter Nine• 'Mama's murder...'
•Chapter Ten• 'Don't leave.'
•Chapter Twelve• 'Just trust me...'
•Chapter Thirteen• 'Italy!?'
•Chapter Fourteen• A warm welcome...
•Chapter Fifteen• Lauretta...
•Chapter Sixteen• A dinner date in Italy.
•Chapter Seventeen• 'Your attitude stinks'
•Chapter Eighteen• Tease you with my lips...
•Chapter Nineteen• "I deserve the pain..."
•Chapter Twenty• Red underwear...
•Chapter Twenty One• Zipper trouble...
•Chapter Twenty Two• Gun shots in paradise...
•Chapter Twenty Three• "Let her go..."
•Chapter Twenty Four• Make love to me.
•Chapter Twenty Five• Empty bed & messy sheets.
•Chapter Twenty Six• Home, not so sweet home...
•Chapter Twenty Seven• Nothing good seems to last forever.
•Chapter Twenty Eight• "Your father?"
•Chapter Twenty Nine• Unexpected turn...
F I N A L C H A P T E R
~ E P I L O G U E ~
A note from me to you.

•Chapter Eleven• 'Read to me'

110K 2.6K 1.2K
By sparkleandshinex

Luca's Pov -

When I arrived at the now smashed up club, I saw that my men had already taken down the Russians.

Very few where dead, while a bunch of them rolled around on the ground. They clutched onto wherever they where wounded, groaning in pain. Drinks where spilled, glasses smashed and trails of fresh red blood was smeared across the shiny floor.

"Come cazzo non l'abbiamo visto arrivare?" I snarled, looking around at my men. [How the fuck didn't we see this coming?]

But when their guns instantly raised, I knew exactly who was standing behind me...

"Well, well, well" A sickening and familiar voice called out. "If it isn't Luca Vendor" He finished of his sentence as I turned my body to face him, a sly smirk spread across my face.

"Michail" My voice dripped with hatred as I stared at the Russian leader, his thin blonde hair swept back from his face. Two scars on each cheek and gold jewels on his two top teeth. He wasn't a tall man, his build was big but he had very stumpy legs attached to his muscly torso.

"Had to give you a little warning, considering you have been wiping out some of my men" He placed his cigar to his mouth, blowing out a shit load of smoke afterwards.

I let out a deep sarcastic chuckle. "I wouldn't exactly class it as a warning, you should work on toughening up your men" I drew my leg back and kicked one of his men, who was already crippled on the floor.

Anger grew on Michail's face as the weakling I had just kicked, let out a loud sharp grown. A smirk played on my face as I cocked my head to the side.

His men behind him drew their guns, but mine where faster, blowing bullets to some of their legs.
Michail only stood still, puffing his cigar some more with a scowl on his face.

"You're playing a very dangerous game, Luca" and with that he turned, the men who managed to not be shot followed after him.

"Not one fucking word to my father about this" I turned to my men, watching them nod.

"I will deal with it, all in good time" My eyes glared into the back of Michail's head, watching as he left my club...

-
Kimberly's Pov -

I couldn't sleep.

My body tossed and turned in the sheets, worrying and overthinking about what could be happening.

Giving up, I jumped from my bed and threw on my black robe. When I reached my kitchen, I turned on the tap and filled my glass with some cold water.

Just as the water touched my lips, a loud knock echoed around my apartment making me flinch and snap my head in the direction of the door, a shaky sigh left my mouth before I placed the glass down on the kitchen counter.

I tip toed over to my door, glancing at my clock on the way, 1:32am was the time and after taking a deep breath, I peered through the peephole.

My hands worked with a unimaginable speed, instantly unlocking the door when I saw who was standing there, in the empty hallway.

"Luca" I breathed, relieved to see he was okay.

He stepped inside and I quickly closed the door behind him, "W-what happened?" I asked but he only shook his head.

"I'm not going to tell you that, amore" [Love]

My eyebrows instantly furrowed, "Why not, I saw your gun-" I took a breath. "Do you have it on you, right now?" I dared to ask.

"Kimberly" Luca spoke, which stopped my rambling.

Deciding to stop asking him so many questions, I pulled my lips into a thin line before nodding.

"I will get you a drink" I moved past him, running my fingers through my long hair.

When I came back into the living room, I spotted Luca now sat on my couch. I held the glass of water in my hand, while silently watching him for a moment. He was holding onto the book I had left on my small glass table, a content look on his face.

"Here you go..." I walked over to him, he instantly put down the book and glanced at me. His eyes raked my figure, reminding me that I was only wearing a silk robe with pyjama shorts and a tank top underneath.

His fingers skimmed mine as he took the glass from me, muttering a thank you. I smiled instantly at this, "Did you just thank me?" I chuckled a little, but he only shrugged before taking a sip of the fresh water.

After fiddling with my fingers, trying to come up with something else to say, I finally did. "Why do you live here, in the US? I'm guessing you where born in Italy, right?" I stated the obvious. "What made you move, to America of all places...I've heard that Italy is beautiful"

"You've never been?" He asked and I shook my head no. He only hummed in response before speaking again, "My mama, she was killed"

My eyes widened at this, a pit of sadness settling in my stomach. "Oh, Luca I'm so sorry..."

"Yeah, me too" His jaw clenched, those emerald eyes of his wondering away from me.

Deciding to change the sensitive subject, I spoke about my job. He listened, and asked me more. He asked about my parents, which I managed to tell him how I've never even met my father, and that my mother brought me up alone.

I went on to tell him that I'm an only child and how I always wanted to give my Mom something back, which is why I saved up enough money to buy her, her very own little log cabin. After asking me so much about myself, I asked him in return but he didn't seem to want to tell me anything.
I only nodded at his choice, understanding that it is going to take a while, to get a powerful man like him, to open up more...I'm sure he's seen a lot of hectic things in his life.

During our small conversation, I learnt that Luca is actually a very good listener.

I'm willing to be patient, for him.

"Have you read it before?" I asked, while nodding my head towards the book of mine, that he was just looking at before I came in.

"No" He sighed. "No, I haven't" He put his glass down and picked the book back up and handed it to me, taking me completely by surprise.

"Read me a verse" I was even more surprised when his large, rough hand latched onto my waist and sat me down on the couch.

He leaned back while pulling my bare legs so that they where resting over his lap, I held my breath, trying my best to ignore the sparks that where flying throughout my body. His hand firmly rested on my leg, a content sigh leaving his lips.

I opened up the page I had left it on, my fingers skimming over a few words as I watched him lean his head onto the back of the couch, looking up at the white ceiling.

Scanning the words, I began to read aloud...
"Lately I've been thinking about who I want to love, and how I want to love and why I want to love the way I want to love, and what I need to learn to love that way, and who I need to become, to become the kind of love I want to be..." I stopped reading for a moment, my brown eyes glancing up towards Luca, his eyes where half closed still facing the ceiling. His grip on my leg tightened, almost like he was holding it in a protective manner.

My voice, softly continued...
"And when I break it all down, when I whittle it into a single breath, it essentially comes out like this: Before I die, I want to be somebody's favourite hiding place, the place they can put everything they know they need to survive, every secret, every solitude, every nervous prayer, and be absolutely certain I will keep it safe. I will keep it safe." I finished of with a shaky breath, closing the book with a soft thud.

When I looked back to Luca, his mouth was parted slightly, his eyes shut tight. He had fallen asleep. He looked peaceful, so...innocent and content.

I'm not stupid, I know that this man is far from innocent. He's a mafia boss for goodness sake, but a small part of me, believed he was good at heart.

Even if he doesn't know that himself, yet.

Very slowly, I pulled my legs from his grip, now standing up. I grabbed the fluffy blanket that was resting on my arm chair and gently draped it over his body. My hand reached out, dying to trace my finger tips along his smooth cheek.

But I stopped myself, taking one more glance at his closed eyes, his thick dark eyelashes and pouted lips...before turning and walking to my bedroom, shutting off the bright lights.

•••

I just want to point out that the verse Kimberly read from the book was not written by me! It's a short paragraph I found on google :)

Stay safe & be kind😘
See you guys in the next chapter...🧚🏻‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 4.1K 31
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 2nd NOV 2020 Finished: 23th AUG 2021 EDITING! I could feel his gaze on me as my hands slowly reached to the blood coming out...
4.5M 117K 78
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 16th OCT 2020 Finished: 14th FEB 2021 EDITING! Finally out of the orphanage, Arabella needs to find a job with a good pay tha...
10K 324 32
June, 2, 2024: #1 in Action-Romance "If you choose to leave, I won't stop you cause I know that would be a sensible decision." He moved even closer t...
164K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...