Enigma | Park Jimin FF

By pick_your_filter2020

The cold, Korean city of Seoul holds a secret. Park Jimin has a perfect life working as a detective in the t... More

~Introduction~
~Prologue~
~ Surprise! ~
~01~
~03~
~04~
~05~
~06~
~07~
~08~

~02~

27 4 0
By pick_your_filter2020

Jimin's laptop screen was the only thing illuminating the dark living room. His back ached and his body begged for sleep, but Jimin kept working trying to find out what his uncle and Hwan may be hiding. He was on his laptop for hours, trying to find any clue about the Nyx mafia gang.

He didn't get anything but the journal and case file that was now placed on the coffee table in front of him. It was enough evidence that a gang called Nyx did exist, and members of his family were apparently also involved.

His thoughts were cut off when he heard soft footsteps heading down the stairs. Shutting his laptop off he turned his head toward the noise, seeing Ara walking into the living room and sitting beside him.

"You're still doing this? You barely slept." she asked, resting her head on his shoulder, her eyes glanced up at his trying to decipher what was going on in his head. For the past two days he had been on that laptop and when he wasn't staring continuously at the screen he was flipping through pages of the journal that he told he had found at Jeong Hwan's house.

"Yea I know, it's just this case I'm working on, Uncle Lee and Hwan are involved."

"What?" lifting her head off of his shoulder she looked at him with wide eyes. She had met them before and they never striked her as criminals. After Lee had abruptly disappeared, she always had her suspicions. But she would have never imagined good-mannered Hwan in an elite Mafia gang.

"Yeah, and it's not just miniscule crimes like robberies and stuff like that. I'm talking about human trafficking, drugs and a whole ass mafia gang."

"Mafia?" she asked and Jimin nodded, her eyes landed on the leather journal and the case file, reaching over Jimin to pick it up.

Opening the file she read the first few lines, gulping a little when she found his uncle's name in it.

ARREST REPORT

Name of Detainee: Han Tony (male)

Detained on 3rd November, 2017

Cause of Detention: Caught speeding late night. On patrol check, multiple guns - HK416 Assault Rifle, DSR 50 Sniper, Colt 1851 Navy Revolver, Collier flintlock revolver and 500gms of Cocaine found in the trunk of the vehicle.

Vehicle: 2004 Ford Crown Victoria.

Number plate: PBX2374

Notes: Detainee displayed fear and nervousness on interrogation. Denied the knowledge of items present in the vehicle.

Detainee statements: On further interrogation, the detainee revealed a few intriguing statements:

"Please let me go. My boss would end my life if he found out about this. Can't you let this slide just for once?"

"Come on man, you don't want Lee to know about this."

On further questioning, the detainee released the name of his 'boss' which appears to be Yun Lee, who is now missing.

DETAINEE CRIMINAL PROFILE

Name: Han Tony

Aliases: None

Class: Human

Crime: Possession of Cocaine and unlicensed weapons

Place of Arrest: Busan

Arresting Officers: Jung Hoon, Sang Ho

Sex: Male

Age: 35

Height: 5'7

Weight: 76 kg

Build: Muscular

Eye Color: Brown

Hair Color: Black

Scars/Marks: Crescent tattoo on the neck.

Dob: 05 October 1982

Occupation: Trained Assassin

Nationality: Korean

Citizen: Yes

Number: HU0043256

Date of Arrest: 03 November 2017

She had been around criminals most of her career but knowing that someone she knew may have been involved in a Mafia gang such as this made her stomach churn and chest tighten.

"Do you know who this Han Tony guy is?"

"Not sure, but he does have a pretty nasty record." Jimin replied, placing his laptop on the coffee table.

"By nasty you mean?"
"I mean the usual stuff you get from a gang member. Street fights, drugs, probably murder and he did go to court once since a woman claimed he raped her. Judge proved him innocent, surprising though since there was enough evidence to show that he actually did it."

Placing the file back down she picked up the journal next, her eyes lingering on the golden moon that was inscribed on the front.

"Do you think this symbol is something important? Have you seen it anywhere?" she asked, her fingers skimming over the writing below the moon.

"I'm not sure, I think Hwan had a tattoo like that on his neck, and the writing below is Greek. Translates to 'Revenge is ours'. What's intriguing is that this guy Han also had the same tattoo on his neck, so this could be a marking to show they belong to that specific group."

"So then maybe the moon has something to do with Greek myths? Like a symbol or something?" she asked, watching as Jimin shrugged his shoulders.

Finally opening the book she flipped through the pages, her eyes landing on a list. Most of them had numbers written next to them and the rest were crossed out.

"Hwan may be in a higher rank, the information here looks pretty confidential." you said snapping your wrist to turn to the next page.

"Yea, figured that out. I did a background check on the two of them. Both of them don't have any criminal records but Uncle does have a few contacts that could lead us on." nodding her head at the new information she looked up at Jimin noticing the very prominent dark circles underneath his eyes. Sighing, she slammed the book shut, placing it away before moving closer to Jimin.

"We'll see this in the morning. Get some sleep, you look like a zombie again." she giggled as she saw Jimin playfully roll his eyes, arms snaking around her waist to pull her directly on top of him so she was straddling him. Intertwining their fingers together, Ara sighs as her eyes fall on the pair of silver rings that adorn their fingers.

Her mood drops as she lays her head on his chest, a layer of sadness coating her once cheerful demeanor.

Sensing her sudden change in aura, Jimin sighs and says,

"It'll be soon Ara.. Just one more year and we'll be together, just like how we imagined."

"I just don't like the fact that our work decides our marriage life.."

"Me neither.. But things have become more complicated now that Uncle and Hwan are involved. How is my sister going to handle this news?" He says with a groan, running a hand down his face.

"She's gonna be devastated.." Ara says softly, her mind playing in reverse to the time when she got the news about Hwan's death and Chaewon was sitting right next to her. All the blood had drained from her face and she accused the guards of lying because she was in bitter denial. She was never the same after that day and Ara's heart tugged when she remembered the time when the couple had made a bucket list of everything they wanted to do in their marriage life.

What happened to you, Hwan?

↞~↞~↠~↠

"Ok so, I searched about the Greek stuff you talked about. Apparently, Nyx is the Greek goddess of the night and the daughter of Chaos. The crescent moon is her symbol. This didn't help with the case at all; it just gave me a history lesson." Jimin said while Ara let out a small laugh at his last sentence. He started the engine, pulling the car out of the parking lot. 

(For y'all that don't know who the greek goddess is, here you go)

"Have any idea what those numbers and name crosses are?"

"I'm not sure, we could probably get more answers if we go to Seoul." Jimin replied, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Why Seoul?" she asked, leaning her head against the back of her seat.

"Uncle did his business there, I'm not sure why Hwan is here but with further reading, I found out that the headquarters is in Seoul, and Han Tony was apparently heading to Seoul. I think going there is pretty self explanatory. "

"Guess you're going to Seoul then." you muttered glancing out the window.

"Aww are you gonna miss me?" he said, taking a hand off the wheel to ruffle her hair.

"I still have a case to work on, and I'm nowhere close to solving it."

"Oh well, we can face time-"

"I have another idea.." Ara says with a sly smirk.

Taking out her phone, she clicks on her boss' contact and presses the phone to her ear.

"What are you doing?" Jimin asks with furrowed eyebrows, redirecting his eyes to the road. Ara leans her head back into the seat as she waits for her boss to pick up.

"Good morning Ara, what is it?"

"Mrs.Jennie! Good morning, I just wanted to talk to you regarding my case. Could it be re-assigned to someone else?"

Jimin scoffs and turns to Ara with a raised eyebrow.

"Mrs. Jennie would never-"

"Thank you so much! I'll be heading to Seoul with Jimin to help him with his case.. Goodbye!"

"What? Last time I asked her she flat out threw me out of her office!"

Jimin whines with furrowed eyebrows.

"A woman can never deny another.. Besides, Mrs. Jennie and I meet at the bar on Fridays and drink till we can't walk straight."

"So you bribe her with beer.. Great!"

"Whiskey Jimin... whiskey."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174 26 7
Uncovering a risky dalliance between a Devilious Mafia Kim Taehyung, who can reach the level of atrocities ever known to humankind and his alluring f...
126K 5.4K 49
"so are you ready for the punishment miss yoon??" taehyung asked smirking and walking closer. her back hit the wall. He trapped her with his huge mus...
366 48 15
A seemingly cold-hearted detective, Min Yoongi is working on a string of murder cases that all seem to be related. But he just can't figure out how t...