The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

By yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... More

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 3

2.3K 69 10
By yourneighbourhoodcow

We were sitting in the living room. I could feel Ethan's eyes on me but I kept my head down and continued to fiddle with my fingers. Great, just great. I would rather live in a shelter and be adonded then live here. Fate just has to make my life a living hell. Is this a coincidence or what? We just so happened to move in with the guy I kicked in the balls not even a day ago, the same guy that had threatened to make my life a living hell, the same guy who I am pretty sure hates me for ruining his reputation. Not that it had ruined that much, but still the entire school had seen a girl kick him, leading to him falling to the ground, wincing. I wouldn't even be surprised if it's posted on social media by now.

I put my hand in my pocket, looking for my phone. Huh? That's weird, it's always there. "Looking for something?" I heard Ethan whisper right next to my ear. I gulped and nodded. Why did he decide to sit next to me? Out of all the seats, the one next to me? My grandma didn't even object, instead she winked at me! "Is it by chance this?" Ethan asks, bringing my phone into view. "How did you get that?!" I whisper-shout. "I took it from you during lunch, I was waiting for you to realise that it was missing." I heard him say. "Well now give it back." I say in a calm voice. "Nah, I won't give it that easily." He said, taking my phone out of my view. "Fine. What do you want? An apology? Fine, I am sorry." I say. "I wanted an apology, now I want to know what you and Lucas were talking about during lunch." He said. Is he kidding me? This guy sure has some guts to threaten the girl who kicked him. For all he knows I can be a professional boxer or gang leader. You never know. "That's none of your business Ethan. Now be a good boy and give me my phone." I hiss. "Or you will do what huh? Kick me again? I don't think you would want to do that with your granny right here now will you? Don't you have a 'good girl' image to keep?" He smirks. "Fine. Lucas was offering me a sandwich cause I couldnt have my lunch due to someone." I tell him. "And nothing else?" He asks. Oh yeah and he told me how impressed he was with me for kicking your ass. As if I will tell him that. "Nope, nothing I can recall. Now give me my phone." I say opening my palm for him to place my phone. "Did you eat that sandwich he offered?" He asks me, completely ignoring what I just said. "No, I didn't. Now can I have my phone?" I ask, again. He hands me back my phone and I snatch it from his hands. How dare this guy touch my precious phone.

"Ethan, why don't you show Amelia to her room?" Ethans grandma, Mary insisted. "Oh no it's fine Mrs.Turner" I say immediately. "Honey I told you to call me Mary. Mrs.Turner makes me seem too old." She laughs. "Right, Mary I think I can find my room myself, can't I grandma?" I ask looking at my grandma with a 'You better agree with me' look. "Don't be silly, honey. I think Mary is right. Ethan should take you." My grandma says with a smug smile on her face. "Actually, I'm pretty busy." Ethan says he obviously doesn't want to waste his time on me. "No you're not Ethan. Now get your ass up and take Amelia to her room." Mary says shooting Ethan a glare. Ethan sighs and gets up. When I don't follow his actions he looks back at me with a raised eyebrow "You coming?" he questions. "Yeah." I mumble. It's not like I have a choice. I get up and follow him upstairs.

Awkward silence surrounds us as we make our way through the hallways. We stop in front of a room. "Right, this is your room. My room is right next to yours if you need anything don't feel shy, just ask. This is your home now." Ethan says. He seems oddly nice. He looks back and I follow his line of direction where I see a man, who I suppose is his dad. Oh, that's why he was acting all kind, makes sense. I just nod and he leaves after that.

I open the door to my room and look around. It's like a normal room. Though it's not that colourful. It's white and gray, unlike my room in my old house which was in the colour scheme of lilac. I would really like some colours in here though. I sigh and step into the room closing the door behind me. There is a bed on one side while a study table on the other. The closet is next to a door which I guess is the bathroom. There is a bay window in the right wall of the room. My bags and suitcases sit next to the bed. The room is not that full and has space for more furniture. It's pretty much empty other than the necessary stuff for a person to live in here.

I was about to sit on my bed when my door bangs open. "Oh so you're the new girl?" A kid who doesn't seem older than 7, asks me. "Yeah." I say. "Well nice to meet you I am Adrian!" He exclaims putting his hand in front of him probably for me to shake. "Nice to meet you Adrian. I am Amelia." I smile shaking his hand. "You're very pretty Amelia." He says. "You're quite cute yourself." I say.

It's true though, the kid has brown hair which is messed up, he has green eyes and quite chubby cheeks. He seems quite similar to Ethan. The only difference might be that Ethan has sharp cheekbones and jawline and this little one has cheeks. If you look up close Adrian also has a few freckles on his face. "I am Ethan's younger brother, if you're wondering." He says breaking me out of my thoughts. Oh now it all makes sense. "I see, well nice to meet you Adrian!" I smile. "I like your dimple!" Adrian says which makes me laugh a little.

It's true I had a dimple on my left cheek, I got it from my mom. My hair and eyes are the only things I inherited from my dad, brown hair and grayish-blueish eyes. My mom is blonde, so is grandma. Both of them even have green eyes. To be honest, I look more like my dad than my mom. Maybe that's why my mom despises looking at me, she even threatened me to dye my hair blonde, but grandma yelled at her before she could do anything. I still remember that night, my grandma told me to go to my room, but I could hear the yelling.

"Why are you crying?" Adrian asks, I didn't realise a tear had fallen from my eyes. "Oh it's nothing, I am just silly. You don't need to worry about it." I say faking a smile. "Ok." He nodded and exited the room. I sigh and sit on my bed.

I opened one of my bags where I stored my books, pens and papers in. I take out the blue folder and open it. In this blue folder I store the letters I write. Well letter. After grandpa passed away I started writing letters to the people who I love the most. The reason why I did this was because you never know when you can die, so in these letters I write everything and anything. The letters don't end, I keep adding onto the letter for the person every month or so.

Right now I just have one letter, which is for my grandma. I will give it to her, that's for sure. Even though I am not dieing or anything I want grandma to have it. In the past 4 years I have written a lot in it. It's practically 5 pages long. My main aim of these letters is for the person to read it after I die. But I don't think that will work with this letter. I mean I can die tomorrow no one knows but still. I take out my pen and write the last part of this letter ready to end it once and for all and then maybe give it to grandma. I don't even think I will get to write another letter after this. I mean who will I write it to? My mom? I think not.

As I was writing I heard a voice ask "What are you doing?" I am startled at first. I look up and find Ethan at my door staring at the blue folder and letter on my bed. "None of your business." I mumble putting the letter back in. "Okay then. I uh came to call you for dinner." He says. Oh wow dinner already? Time really flies. "Ok, I will be down in a bit." I say. He nods and leaves.

I wonder if Ethan knows the reason why I am living here. He probably does. But I hope he doesn't, knowing him he will probably tell the whole school how pitiful my life is and I don't want anyone to know. I prefer keeping my problems and other stuff to myself rather than others. Plus I have never ever been close to a person other than my grandparents, so there wasn't really anything to hide from anyone.

I make my way downstairs and into the dining room, or what I think was the dining room. I didn't really have a proper tour to the house yet. I realise that I have entered the living room and walk out only to bump into a hard chest. The person wraps his arms around my waist to avoid me from falling on my ass. I look up and find Ethan in front of me. Oh gosh you have gotta be kidding me. "Well I guess we are even now." I mumble. "We sure are." He smirks and unwraps his arms from around my waist. "By the way the dining room is not here it's there." he says pointing in the opposite direction. "Thanks." I mumble before walking in the direction Ethan right behind me.

As we make our way inside the dining room I see an unfamiliar face. The dining table is big and has two empty seats, probably for me and Ethan. I take a seat next to grandma which also happens to be face to face with a woman who seems like the age of my mom. Probably Ethan's mom. Next to her sits a man who we saw in the hallway upstairs, Ethan's dad. Next to him sits Adrian and on the far end of the table there is a single chair where Mary sits. I feel someone pull a chair besides me and take a seat. I look in the direction and find Ethan. I sigh internally.

"Oh how rude of me. Let me introduce myself. I am Jullie Turner Ethan's mom and that's my husband David Turner. I am sure you have met Adrian by now." The lady in front of me smiles. "Nice to meet you Jullie and David. I am Amelia." I smile. "Ok now enough of the chit-chat both of you. I wanna get to know Amelia better." Mary says. "Okay." Jullie laughs. "So Amelia, I know your grandma pretty well already, we were best friends in highschool. But I don't really know you. Let's start with some simple questions, shall we? So which school do you go to?" Mary asks, looking at me as she takes a bit of her food. "Oh, the same as Ethan's." I say as I serve myself. "Oh. So you both knew each other from before?" She asks. "No, not really." I say as I lift up my fork. "Why? Don't you share any classes?" She questions with a raised eyebrow. "We do share a few classes we just never really talked." I shrug. "Wait, we do?" Ethan questions from besides. Hello! Yes we do since freshman year, seriously does this guy notice anything? "Yep. We have chemistry, bio, french and P.E together." I say. "Oh." He mumbles from besides me.

"Ok.. So when is your birthday Amelia?" Mary asks. "4th of January." I answer as I take a bite of my food. "What about your hobbies?" She asks next. "Ma, I think that's enough. You can maybe ask them later. Let the poor girl eat." David says. "Oh no it's fine." I say. "See David now hush. Anyways your hobbies?" Mary says again. "Well I like reading, writing too and that's pretty much it." I say.

The entire dinner goes with Mary asking me questions and occasionally grandma saying a word here and there. I feel someone's stare at me but I ignore it. After dinner we all go to our own rooms. Turns out grandma got her own room too. I actually thought we would be sharing rooms, but I guess not. Her room is downstairs.

I do my night routine and get into my pajamas. I then sit on my bed and complete writing the letter. At 11:30 I finally finish and I write the last words on it.

Love,

Amelia.

Great, my one and only letter is over. I seal the envelope and address it to grandma. I will probably give it to her tomorrow.

The next day I wake up to the alarm on my phone. Yes, I made sure to set one before I fall asleep. I didn't want to be late to school. I walk to where my suitcase is and I take out a black oversized hoodie and a pair of blue skinny jeans. I go into my bathroom that's located in my room and take a short shower. I then do my daily makeup and go out of the bathroom. I open my other suitcase that has my shoes in it and take out my black canvas. I really need to start unpacking.

I go down to the kitchen where my grandma, Mary, Ethan and Adrian are already sitting and talking. I made my way towards the fruit bowl and was so close to taking that god damn apple when someone had to take it before me. "Are you freaking kidding me?!" I groaned. "Amelia that wasn't really kind, apologize to poor Ethan." My grandma says. Oh really? Why do I apologize the guy freaking took my only breakfast! "Yeah, Amelia, be a good girl." Ethan said. "Shut up." I mumble. "Amelia!" My grandma yelled. "Fine sorry." I mumble. "And Amelia you are not having just an apple for breakfast, you are going to have a proper breakfast and then Ethan will drive you to school." My grandma states. "What?! No, I don't need him to drop me. I can walk. Grandma I have walked to school for 4 years now and I have the bus. He doesn't need to drive me!" I say. "Amelia. You are not going to walk to school, it's a bit more far from here than it is from home. Plus save the environment! Now don't argue with me. I have a doctor's appointment to go for." My grandma says. "Doctor appointment?" I question. Why would she need to go to one now. I thought it was done. "Today they tell me how much it has spread. They might also tell me when my l-last day is, like a proper date maybe." She says in a quiet voice. "Oh. Okay." I say, trying to remain strong.

I decide not to argue any further and sit down on one of the chairs to eat a proper breakfast. I feel someone put their hand on top of mine and I turn my head towards the person. Ethan is looking at me with somewhat sympathy in his eyes and he was giving me a reassuring smile, as if telling me everything will be ok. When I don't say anything he gives my hand a reassuring squeeze and lets go of it. That somehow felt... comforting? I don't know.

After breakfast me and Ethan make our way outside the house where Ethan's black audi waits for us. Ethan's family isn't exactly middle class, but they aren't rich either. They come somewhere in between if you know what I mean.

I take a seat in the passenger seat while he goes into the driver seat. After both of us buckled up I asked him a question that was bothering me since breakfast. "So.. You know about my pitiful life huh?". "Not exactly. I just know about your grandma." He replies back, keeping his eyes on the road. "Oh. Well thank you for what you did during breakfast. It actually was really nice of you." I tell him. "No problem. I know what it feels like." He says. "What do you mean?" I question him. "My grandpa had cancer. Died last year. He used to have such treatments too." He shrugs. "Oh. I am sorry." I say. "It's fine. Really. Anyways what's with your family? I don't mean it in an offensive way or anything. It's just that I find it weird that you don't have parents? I don't mean to offend you in any way. I am just curious." He says, his nervousness clear in his voice. "I just have a messed up family." I sigh.

I don't feel comfortable talking about my life. Never did. I don't think I will ever be. "We are here." Ethan's voice breaks me out of my thoughts. "Ok, and thank you for the ride." I say getting out of the car. I don't hear his reply because I am already making my way towards the hallway. I know about the looks I am getting from people. Of course I will get these looks, cause first I kick him and now he is dropping me off to school. It is pretty weird if you ask me. But I couldn't care less. These people seriously need to get a life. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Ello! Well here is chapter 3! Chapter 4 will be out soon!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Heal Me By Hafsa

Teen Fiction

16.3K 621 22
“After my 16th birthday I have been repeatedly told that my Mum and Dad were very wicked people. They would beat me and even lock me in a room withou...
1.1K 12 23
I walked down the hallway quickly as I tried to get to class. Suddenly, a hand was classed over my mouth and I was pulled into a dark closet. I kicke...
56K 2.9K 83
"Can we stop feeling guilty, Amelia? Guilty for all the things that weren't our fault." "We can Leo. Maybe someday." "That day isn't far off Amelia...
425K 10.6K 78
I feel his dirty hands touch me once more and move up higher to my thighs. I try to jerk them away but he locks my arms in his hand above my head as...