Healing His Mate

By Burge2k14

For years, Aaliyah has been a test subject. Poked, prodded, and cut open for over four years, Aaliyah has wan... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
The Soulmate Series

Chapter 7

17.7K 535 23
By Burge2k14

Aaron POV

As I continue to comfort my crying mate, I link the warriors to get back to their patrols. If her reaction before was anything to go by, I can't allow her to feel trapped or in danger.

Alpha, I hear Dr. Hale try to link me, but I just growl in return. When she saw the doctor, I thought she was never going to drop the knife. I remember when she was standing in the hospital with the knife to Nel's throat. She kept one eye on the doctor the entire time with complete fear in her eyes.

Pulling her away from my chest gently, I use one hand to hold her hip to me and the other to cup her cheek. She nuzzles once into my palm in a move that I figure is probably subconscious.

"Angel," I call her, lifting her face slightly so her eyes connect with mine, "Are you hurt?"

Her eyebrows draw together in confusion as an adorable pout takes over her lips. All I want to do in the moment is kiss her, but I know she is still hurt.

"When I found you in the woods, you had been shot," I tell her gently, testing to see if she remembers it. Silently hoping she doesn't.

She moves one of her hands off my chest and presses her fingers into her leg first. She pressing gently, but I know the wound healed two days ago. I'm more concerned with her side.

She moves her hand to her hip and I watch a twitch of pain hold her for a few seconds. I quickly release her hip and snatch her hand into mine.

The sparks move between us as I rub the back of her knuckles with my thumb.

"I don't like you being in pain," I whisper, my voice only loud enough to reach her ears.

Her lips lift ever so slightly. Her small smile makes me feel like I am on top of the world. I lean down gently and place a light kiss against her cheek before pulling away again.

I can see a small blush as she uses the hand not being held by fine to run her fingers across the spot I kissed.

Looking back to Hale, he gives us a soft look, Alpha, we should get her back to the hospital.

"Angel," I say, getting her to lift her eyes back to mine, "We should head back to the hospital."

She shakes her head adamantly as she tries to take her hand back.

"You're still in pain," I tell her gently, keeping her in my arms, "I just want the doctors to check to over and then we can go home."

She tries to twist around and force her way out of my arms. My grip is gentle, but it's still firm enough that she might hurt herself if she keeps trying to pull away from me.

Don't let mate get hurt! Kiba yells in my mind. Like I need a reminder to keep her from harm.

"Angel, what's wrong?" I ask her, moving her closer so her hands are trapped against my chest between us and my hands are wrapped around her waist.

She keeps shaking her head no.

"You don't want to go back to the hospital, do you?" I ask her, thinking back to her mistrust of Hale in her hospital room.

She says no again with a headshake as tears stream down her face. I shush her lightly and pull her closer. She sobs as she buries her face back into my neck.

"It's your call, angel," I tell her, "We won't go to the hospital. I won't make you go back there."

Aaron. She needs to come back to the hospital. Her injuries aren't fully healed, and I think-

I cut him off as I growl low from the back of my throat. My mate gives a small whimper as her arms clutch me to her tighter.

My mate ran from there and then tried to kill herself. She doesn't want to go back. The answer is no, I tell him.

But Aaron-

I said no, I nearly shout out loud instead of through the link.

Hale ducks his head in submission as Kiba continues to growl in my mind at his insubordination.

Giving a heavy sigh, I relinquish just a bit to what he is saying, If it must be done, I will have my mother look over her, alright?

He gives it a moment of thought before conceding, Very well, Alpha.

"I'm going to pick you up now, angel," I tell her softly.

Moving down, I look up to wait for her confirmation. She watches me for a minute before nodding to my silent question. I move one arm under her legs and the other around her waist to lift her into my arms.

She lays her head against my shoulder and wraps her arms around my neck. I head towards the alpha house, the house I grew up in, so my mom will be able to check in on her.

Moving through the trees, I keep my eyes on my beautiful mate. After so many years, I had started to believe that she didn't exist. Now I can't picture what my life was before I found her and she still hasn't even said one word to me.

She lets out a cute yawn as she fights to keep her eyes open.

"You can go to sleep, angel," I tell her, "I'll keep you safe."

She gives me a wary look as if deciding whether I'm going to betray her or not. I think she decides to trust me as she chooses to close her eyes. I can feel the tension release from her shoulders as she lets herself fall asleep.

We break away from the trees and come up to the house I grew up in. Walking through the front door, I notice my mom and sister in the kitchen. They look up at us but I wave them off.

I carry my mate close to my chest as we make our way up the staircase. She unconsciously moves closer to me, letting out a sigh of content.

Does mate trust us? Kiba asks me.

I hope so, I tell him, watching her face closely as we enter my room.

Immediately walking to the bed, I move the covers and place her down. I know I should place her in the guest room, but I just can't. If I can't keep her in my arms, I'll make sure she is surrounded by my scent.

I gently tuck her under the blankets, softly brushing her hair from her face with the back of my fingers. She lets out another small sigh before snuggling into the pillows.

I wait for a few minutes, watching her sleep before deciding to leave the room.

Turning away from the bed, I feel tingles shoot up my arm. Looking down, I watch my mate sit up slowly as she tightens her hand around my arm.

Her eyebrows pull together in a confused and worried expression. I feel her tug gently on my arm, which causes me to give her a confused look myself.

"What's wrong, angel?" I ask her.

Although I figure she won't actually answer me with words yet, I am still hoping to hear her voice. I have a feeling that the second I hear it, her voice will become my favorite sound in the entire world.

She tugs on my arm again before she glances towards the door and tugs again.

Although I'm confused about what her fear could be, I'm not going to force an answer from her. If I want her to trust me, I need to show her that I trust her and that I won't just ignore her fears.

Lifting the hand that she isn't holding, I gently brush her hair back behind her ear. Cupping her face in my palm, she leans into my touch.

"Do you want me to stay?" I ask her, trying not to sound too hopeful that she actually wants me to hold her.

She nods hesitantly as she tugs on my hand again.

"Scoot over," I tell her quietly. She does as told before I slide into the bed with her, putting my body between her and the door.

The second I lean back into the pillows, she moves to snuggle into my chest. Her head lays against my right collarbone as her right-hand clutches at the material of my shirt above my heart.

Wrapping my arms tightly around her, she moves closer to me, "I got you, angel," I tell her, running one of my hands through her hair to keep her calm, "You're safe. I've got you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 76 19
#2 New Moon Series _An enemy of an enemy is a friend_ I have yearned for a mate ever since I learnt of one. Thoughts about having someone who would l...
41.1K 1.8K 22
(2ND BOOK OF BLOOD WOLF SERIES) Quinn has been living in hell her whole life with a tyrant for a father and a broken mother, all she wishes is out, o...
9.1K 360 21
Welcome back! If you haven't read My Sister's Boyfriend, GO BACK (but not before following and adding this to your library) and CATCH UP! Wyd?!? ***...
121K 4.8K 32
#262 in Werewolf (3-20-2017) Aramelle is a sweet down to earth girl. She is a curious cat and loves to explore and go on adventures. Her mother...