Nightmares

By Gee_efh

A home wrecked and sinking down, a father and a brother who acts as if you are not to be counted as a person... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Epilogue.
Authors note.
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Author's Note

Chapter 22.

81 4 0
By Gee_efh

We arrived at the hospital too soon and very much to my dismay. After being dramatically and harshly woken up by Felix, I dragged myself behind him with sleepy eyes as we made our way to the maternity ward.

Mom was sitting on her bed and looking at my little sister who was still in her belly by the way. Felix greeted her with an awkward smile which mom took no notice of. Actually, I was glad she wasn't paying much attention because I was really trying to hide something of my own, you know the obvious.

"So mom, I had gotten an emergency call from work so I couldn't bring the clothes and I also have to get back to work ASAP," I said hurriedly and started ushering Felix out of the room without waiting for Mom's reply.

"Felix will be driving me" I turned and added, closing the door behind me.

I released a deep breath and noticed Felix with crossed arms giving me a 'what the fuck happened' look.

"Oh spare me that!" I rolled my eyes and decided to take a step but a sharp pain from my abdomen stopped me and it took all in me to stop a high-pitched scream that was scratching my throat.

Felix hurried to my side and helped me " Are you okay"?

"No, I'm not, and take me away from the hospital to your house before mom gets a whiff of this" I replied with a groan.

"Sure"

Felix helped me out of the hospital to his car and then we were on the road to his house. Then again, Felix took me through a route so different than the ones I know and similar to the one that lead to his treehouse. After a long ride of me moaning out my dismay and he driving like a mad man we got to his house and all of a sudden, everything I was feeling evaporated into thin air.

The house was above gorgeous and surreal. It was so gigantic and perfect that I was afraid I couldn't define it as a mansion or even a palace. It was surrounded by tall trees and it had a wide field filled with flowers in front of it and also behind it. And instead of fountains, there were swimming pools and a stream, Yeah, a stream flowing through the backfield into the surrounding forest of the house.

"Okay, so if you are done can we just go see the doctor? He is already here"

Felix stood a little bored holding the door of the passenger seat open for me to get out.

"Beauty needs to be admired" I scoffed and held out my hands " please help me"

Without a word, Felix scooped me up into his arms which resulted in a rather loud shriek from me.

"I said help me not lift me!" I hissed.

"From what I heard, there was no specification on the kind of help" he retorted.

"I am so not done with you. We'll get this over later" I huffed.

"Whatever you say" he chuckled.

I sighed and allowed him to get cocky admiring once again the view of the mansion. Two great pale grey doors welcomed us as the front doors of the house. With a little buzz, they opened and we entered.

"Does it open automatically?" I asked with curiosity.

"Yes and no" he managed a shrug.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, most of the times Royce opens them, and sometimes when our hands are full and Royce is busy something, it opens up using a button"

"And how come I didn't see that button?" I couldn't help my curiosity

"Because it's hidden and only my family and Royce knows about it" he answered placing me on a bed in a room I didn't realize we had entered with a grunt.

"And who is Royce?" I asked again.

"The butler and also part of the family"

"And how didn't I realize we had entered a room?"

"Because you were too busy being a curious mind and admiring my face as you kept looking at it" he smirked smugly.

"Don't get so cocky" I muttered and relaxed into the bed.

A doctor came in long after I had settled into the bed. He introduced himself as the family doctor of the Sandlers and got right away to work.

After checking some things and my vitals he concluded that I might be having a mild concussion and a couple of broken bones or ribs for that matter. He made an appointment for me at the hospital for CT scans and the rest of the medical terms he used were history. He prescribed some pills and I was set to go. Felix saw the doctor to the door after he was done.

Felix came back with a covered bowl and some juice on a tray, setting it on the bed beside me.

"The doctor said you had to eat before taking the pills so I brought some soup and some apple juice" he smiled and sat beside me.

"Thanks"

He helped me up to a sitting position with him behind me as my support. I was basically sitting in between his legs and I felt conscious of everything and anything and I became nervous. It was so weird that we were so close together. Gathering my resolve and shaking the nerves away, I commenced with the art of eating and taking your pills thingie.

The soup was delicious and it settled well into my stomach though I had some cramps and the juice was very well......a juice. I took the pills after and slipped under the covers of the bed with Felix's help. Felix took the tray out and slipped under the covers joining me after he was done. He placed my head on his chest as my hand found its way to his waist falling into a deep slumber not long after.

I woke up later and the sun was just streaking into the room from the opened windows. It was a beautiful morning and the birds had already got about their duty of chirping their brains out. I untangled myself from the body knot my body and Felix had made and stepped down from the bed. The pains I was feeling earlier were all gone except for the dull ache at my sides and my back. Still dressed in shorts and a shirt, I tiptoed out of the room and opened the door gently so as not to wake Felix up.

The poor guy needed some rest.

Tiptoeing further, I passed through a long hallway and gradually descended a long staircase, and finally found myself in a vast living room. The house was eerily quiet so that probably meant either everyone was sleeping or they were outgoing about their businesses. I opened the gigantic grey front doors as quietly as I could and stepped into the open air, out of the house.

I breathed in the morning breeze which was so fulfilling at the money and started towards the place I had in mind all along. The fields with the flowers and the stream. I reached the fields passing by a couple of swimming pools and I was more than shocked and in awe. The fields were even more beautiful under the morning sunlight. But to my disappointment, the stream running through the fields wasn't so big, it was just a small one but beautiful nonetheless. A small bridge had been built over the stream connecting the parts of the field that the stream separated.

I moved through the fields and stood on the little bridge. After judging that it was low and safe enough for me to sit on and dangle my legs in the stream, I did just that, pushing my legs through the stream and loving the feel of how the cold water flowed around my legs.

I tilted my head back and closed my eyes, feeling the warmth of the sun on my face and reveling in the magical atmosphere I was in. Gradually, I got tired of sitting and laying down on the bridge.

I must have fallen asleep as a kiss on my forehead woke me up. I opened my eyes and saw a smiling Felix hovering over me.

"Hi" I muttered

"Hi," he responded and helped me to my feet.

"You really got me worried, you should have woken me when you got up, or at least you should have put on some scrubs or something" Felix ran a hand through his hair purely from frustration as he stood on the bridge facing me.

I looked down at my naked feet guiltily before looking up and apologizing to Felix.

And then it was as if the time stopped and everything was going in slow motion. The sun seemed to have stayed still as its rays illuminated Felix's face and probably mine too. I noticed all the things about Felix's face, his eyes, jawline, just everything.

Felix stared into my eyes, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he gulped nervously. I was also doing the same just that I had no Adam's apple to signify it.

Felix slowly raised his hand and caressed my cheek, I melted into the touch and smiled. Then Felix closed the distance between us, leaving no space for air to even pass through. His eyes darkened a bit and I bit my lip out of nervousness. Felix placed an arm around my waist and stared intently into my eyes, it was as if he was consuming me.

And then gulping again he muttered, " Can I kiss you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 334 93
I'm a b*tch at writing descriptions 😂 srry. Unedited btw srry in advance Elin grew up in a hotspot for drugs...
125K 225 2
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...
King's Guard By kara

General Fiction

2.9M 116K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...
199K 9.9K 84
The new, geeky kid in school gets partnered with a popular jock in biology. He believes that geeks and jocks can't be friends until this particular j...