The CEO's Wife

By ShabanaTheStar

❝ We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross paths for a reason ❞ Ibrahim Qureshi, 29-years-ol... More

before you read
copyright
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
bonus one
bonus two
epilogue
gratitude

chapter seven

37.3K 2K 415
By ShabanaTheStar

The wedding shopping has just begun and Mawra was already worn out. She left an annoyed sigh while they entered the fifth store of that day. The previous four shops didn't have that perfect bridal lehenga nor were her family felt satisfied with any of the collections. She really hoped that this one shop had her destined dress because she was done for the day. 

All she wanted to do was get back home and lay on her bed for good two hours without any disturbance, but that was not possible when you're the bride. There's a lot to shop and a lot to take care of, you'd be constantly busy with something or the other. Mawra had no idea that one wedding could be this exhausting. 

"I heard that they have some good collections here." Mahira mumbled in an equally tired voice, to which she gave her sister a look, "and how do you know that?" 

"My best friend's elder sister got married recently and she talked about it with us." Mahira shrugged, "why didn't you tell this before." slapping her hands playfully, Mawra walked into the store and began to explore. 

Her to-be mother in law was accompanying them as well, it was a tradition in their house that the bride's dresses should be bought by the groom's family and vice versa. In the past three hours of bonding and shopping, Mawra was sure of one thing. Ibrahim's mother is the sweetest human being and she's so lucky to have her as a mother in law. 

Salika never once complained about her choice of clothes like her previous suitor's mother's would usually do. And she was glad about that. It was very easy to please this woman, which is with love and affection and a grin appears on her face as she thought about it. 

"Found anything yet?" came an unknown voice, who stood beside her with a smile on her face. She looked too overdressed for a saleslady. 

"No, I'm still searching." the lady nodded and was about to leave.

"Don't mind me asking, are you the sales girl here? Because I need some help and suggestions." Mawra frowned as she eyed her mother and to be mother-in-law debating with every other dress, while her sister was in her own world. 

"Oh no, I'm not the salesgirl. But I can definitely help you." the lady replied with a chuckle. 

"I designed these dresses here, not everything but a few of them. The rest are made by my best friend. I'm sure you'll find something nice. What type of dress are you looking for?" the lady, whose name she's yet to know asked her curiously. 

Mawra's face softened at that and she passed her a smile, "I don't know what I want. I'm really confused, but the wedding is a once in a lifetime thing and I want my dress to be nice and satisfying. I want to look good you know." 

"I know exactly what you want. Come with me." she followed the lady curiously, who took her into an exclusive section, which is segregated especially for the brides. 

"Wow. These are so eye-catchy." Mawra exclaimed in amazement and a particular dress caught her eyes instantly, "can I see that." It was love at first sight moment. 

"Ammi... Aunty?" taking that dress in her hands, she called them both almost eagerly, whose face lit up with satisfaction as they eyed the dress. 

"This one. It suits my skin texture and I'm in love with it already. Can I have this please?" she pleaded for their approval like a child requesting for her ice cream. Both the ladies nodded in approval, the dress was too gorgeous to say no. 

"But I want to select the mayoon dress." 

"And I, the mehendi dress." 

Came her mother and mother-in-law's requests, and she couldn't care less. The wedding day was the main event anyway, so she was happy as long as that dress was of her choice and hence she shook her head in positive. 

"Show us the mehendi collections." 
The lady guided them to the said section with a smile on her face.

Handing over the dress to her mother, Mawra took out her phone as a continuous buzz was heard from inside her handbag. A smile appeared on her face as a particular message caught her eyes. Ignoring her cousin's group chat, which was discussing her marriage, Mawra opened his text first. 

'God, I miss you. It's so frustrating without you here.' 

'That's the closest to a compliment you've ever given me. ' She typed back with a grin. 

"Is that jeeju.?" Mahira's teasing voice came from behind, as she tried to peek in and read the text. But it wasn't her intention to read anything, all she wants is to get on her sister's nerves. 

"Mind your own business." Mawra smacked her head and goes to a deserted corner of the shop and waited for his reply. Knowing Ibrahim, it'd take him forever to reply, considering how much of a workaholic he is, but still, she waited anyway. 

'That's not true?' came his immediate reply. Well, that was a shocker. He never wastes his time during office hours. These days it feels more like she's talking with a whole new person than the Ibrahim she knew. 

'See! You don't sound too sure. ' Mawra chuckled once again but got startled when the phone began to ring. Her cheeks turned slightly red while reading the caller name. 

"Hello." her voice was so meek and soft, very unusual from her original self. But ever since the marriage proposal, she's showing him an entirely new side of hers, which she wasn't sure existed before. 

"Hey, are you free now?" Ibrahim's deep and husky voice came from the other end, it's been a few days since she has heard his voice. Upon her parent's insistence, she took a month leave and was staying at home. Taking care of herself and helping her parents with stuff. It was a much-needed break before her wedding. 

"Not really. Why?" 

"You sound tired?" she was amused at his accuracy. 

"I am, but why'd you call?"

"I want to know where is the Khurana's file and how far are we from closing the contract with them." came his desperate voice, she couldn't stop herself from giggling. 

"Its in my cabin's cupboard, on the third shelf, left side corner. Red colour one. We have two more months, and then the project can be terminated." Mawra replied, while he followed her instructions and she could hear him sigh in relief, "thank god. I was freaking out in frustration. Nothing is going on smoothly here." 

"Admit it, I'm the best assistant you've ever had. Look what my absence is doing to you," she added teasingly. 

Mawra didn't expect him to accept that so easily though. "Of course you are. These people are so useless and I feel like firing everyone."  Ibrahim sighed making her go speechless for a moment. Did he really say that aloud? 

"What exactly are you doing now?" Ibrahim asked once again, and a blush crept onto her cheeks as she looked at her surroundings, "I-, We are doing my bridal shopping." 

"Oh. That explains your tired voice." he sounded amused. 

"Did you select any dresses?" gone was his whining dull tone. As soon as the word bridal was mentioned, Ibrahim turned into a cheerful and excited mood, making her smile shyly as she hummed in response. 

"What is it like?" he sounded too eager that it made her blusher if that was even possible. 

"Take a guess." 

"Pink colour?" he sounded thoughtful. 

"Ewe, no. I won't wear pink. Not at my wedding at least. " 

"Pink looks good on you though. If not pink, then it could be golden?" Mawra blushed at his statement. Did he observe that much about her? It was definitely a surprise. 

Hearing no response, Ibrahim continued, "Red?" 

"Orange?" 

"Maroon?" 

"You can go on guessing but I'm not telling you." Mawra chuckled at his excited self. Months ago, it'd have been next to impossible for her to talk and joke with him so casually like this. She was shocked at her own confidence, the nervousness was nowhere to be seen now. And Mawra liked it this way.

Things took a drastic turn ever since her betrothal. A smile formed on her lips as she eyed the ring on her finger. It was so beautiful and elegant. Looked pretty on her hands. 

After she said yes, they exchanged rings the very next day and the dates were also fixed. Things are moving too fast that it was getting unbelievable at this point. 

"Send me a picture?" he sounded so hopeful that she was almost going to do that, but decided against it, "can't. Let it be a surprise. You can see it on our wedding day." 

"Our wedding, huh?" Ibrahim decided to play along and began to tease her, as expected her cheeks turned pink in shyness. 

"Who else? Do you have someone else in your mind or what?" Mawra retorted with a huff, not liking how the tables have turned. 

"I don't plan on getting killed." Ibrahim laughed, his laugh was so contagious that she felt herself getting lost in them, with a dreamy look on her face. Her annoying sister was smirking in her direction, rolling her eyes Mawra cleared her throat. 

"But seriously, I can't get my works done without your assistance. How am I going to manage for two more weeks?" Ibrahim groaned. 

"Take my advice and have a break from your work. I mean, it's your wedding as well. Why do you have COO and others?"

"Hmm. I wish it was that easy." 

"Where there is a will, there is a way," she added with a laugh. 

"Look at you becoming a philosopher." 

"No, seriously. Why don't you ever stop working?" 

"I love my work." was his only answer. 

"What a lame reply." she rolled her eyes at that. 

"Can we meet somewhere?" he asked so out of the blue, making Mawra cough suddenly. 

"Um, no." Mawra denied almost immediately. 

She could feel his disappointment and bit her lips, "I'm sorry." 

"Its alright." 

"I might not be a perfect Muslim. But I want us to keep everything halal, Mr Qureshi. Wait for two weeks and then I am all yours, we can meet whenever we want... after that." Mawra replied in a flow but facepalmed at the 'I am all yours' phrase. Heat raised onto her cheeks as she scolded herself mentally for not choosing proper words.

"All mine, huh?" And of course, he'd pick on that line. 

"I was stating the truth though. Two more weeks." she tried to sound nonchalant but was a blushing mess from within. Her sister raised her brows curiously, but still, the blush refused to leave her face. 

"Yes, two more weeks. And then, you're all mine." Ibrahim muttered huskily, her already heated cheeks were so warm now. 

"Stop teasing me," she whined like a child, Ibrahim laughed at that. 

"You're so funny." 

"And you're so mean." she huffed. 

"Hey. I am not." 

"Yeah, whatever." 

"But I like your thinking. Let's keep it halal." Ibrahim smiled at her thoughtfulness. She hummed with another shy smile. 

"Guess you're right, I'm going to take a break too. Its my own wedding and I don't want to work at this time." Mawra was shocked at the sudden change in him but was glad nevertheless. 

"Good for you," she added teasingly. 

"Don't start with the teasing now. We both know who will win at the end." Mawra could almost feel his smug smile from the other end, and she simply rolled her eyes. 

"Mawra is this dress okay?" her mother, who finally picked a mehendi dress after a lot of debate asked her opinion. But frowned seeing Mawra busy on the phone. 

"Who are you talking with?" Rashidha frowned at her daughter for not being serious and wasting her time on the phone. 

"Look at her shy smile and guess who is it ammi. It's jeeju, right?" Mahira stated mischievously making Mawra glare at her. Ibrahim laughed from the other end. 

"I like your sister." 

"Of course, you do." she huffed whilst continuing to glare at her nosy sister. 

"Why are you staring at me like that, I was telling the truth." Mahira shrugged innocently. 

"Can I talk with him for a minute beta?" Salika asked eagerly. Ibrahim's eyes widened from the other side as he yelled, "DONT DO THAT." but too late, She has already handed over her phone to his mother with an evil smile. 

"I heard you." Salika huffed faking a hurt. 

"Give her phone back, mom," Ibrahim asked in a pleading voice. 

"Well, what a surprise. How come you're wasting time on the phone? That too during office hours?" 

"I was talking business-related stuff." he lied with a groan. 

"Too bad, my daughter in law is on a break. Stop bothering her. We should buy a lot more things. Go and do your work." Salika hated how he's working even when the wedding was just two weeks away. How much more workaholic can a person be? 

Mawra chuckled at that. 

"Alright, give her phone back., mom. Please" 

"Hello?" Ibrahim sighed as he heard her meek voice again. 

"Why did you do that?" 

"Will talk to you later. Allah Hafiz." Mawra hung up the call nervously as the three of them kept on staring at her with teasing looks. She lowered her gaze shyly and distracted herself by walking to the restroom. 

Both the mothers passed each other a knowing smile, while her sister observed everything with amusement. 

Mawra on the other hand stared at her reflection in the restroom mirror and flushed hard. 

Two more weeks. Both Ibrahim and Mawra thought at the same time, he; from his office and she; from inside the restroom. There was this wide smile on their faces. Both of them were equally looking forward to that big day. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 1K 40
"Loving him was red. The lover in me is dead." As soon as I signed those "nikaah" papers my heart shattered into millions of pieces. I was beyond hap...
130K 4.7K 8
"Do you think I will be pregnant ??" He looks at her with wide eyes. "Are you crazy??? Why the hell will you be pregnant??" He yelled. "Huh...!!" She...
125K 7.2K 49
Waleed Asad Bukhari is the ultimate workaholic. With a flourishing tech company to look after, he doesn't have the time or interest for a life outsid...
19.1K 759 50
Makhfi: Adjective. hidden, secret, concealed 6 lives on a journey for success, will they succeed in their goal or not. /The story revolves around 2...