SWEET EXILE

بواسطة Lyfeo_M_Jay

Mallory always kept to himself, he liked living his life away from the prying eyes of the people of Casterly... المزيد

02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
Epilogue.
Epilogue II.

01.

16.1K 592 29
بواسطة Lyfeo_M_Jay

Mallory.

"So how was the gala, had fun?" Mal's assistant bombards him with questions about the previous night, he really didn't have anything interesting to say, the gala was for the top elite of the well, village for pompous ass noble folk in semi-rural England. He really hated putting himself in that position but when your name is Roosevelt and you've taken care of half the town's pets whilst simmering on tea choices and best brands for polo shirts, you need to attend.

The place he lived in was semi secluded, just how he liked it though at times he swore he could hear wolves howl, which in itself is strange, back to his badgering assistant. "Hilda sweetie it was full of posh, dramatic aristocrats, I high tailed it when Mr. Langfield tried to get into my pants while his wife was talking to the town dictator." Mal replied and Hilda burst into fits of laughter and wheezes. "Oh Christ alive, I'd hoped it would get better, not get a married man try to shag you, I'm sorry you had to endure it." She apologetically expressed as the two of them open the clinic for the day.

Mal understood the need to go since he himself was considered a very important part of their large town, if only he wanted to be considered that way, he put on his coat and everything else a vet needed before walking past the threshold of his office and changing room to the waiting room, well one of them since he had the place extended. The clinic wasn't in the heart of village rather a small drive away from it, the village folk never seemed to mind since they always wanted to walk anyway, which was a way for them to just show off to their neighbors about anything particularly new on their person, vanity was the Casterly Village motto, that and power plays along with politics.

"Hello my love." Mal greeted a cute puppy brought in by Poppy, poor girl had forgotten that puppies weren't exactly meant to be out in cold weather for long, they would get sick. "How are you doing today Mr perky." He asked the little bunny before injecting the daily dose needed for the infection. Mal knew something was off about the day, maybe it was the bad gala or anything involved with interacting with Mr. Langfield, he shuddered at the thought of his name, that man was more trouble than he was worth.

In Casterly which was a poor choice of name for the town according to Mal, men were considered gay or bisexual, same as the women, no one expected you to be straight and no one cared if you choked on a cock while stroking your own, along with vanity came a huge load of lust, which much to Mal's dismay it had caused several gentleman and ladies to visit his clinic regularly with fake pet injuries, it unnerved him but at the end of the day, there was nothing he could do about it.

Mal continued with his rounds until he found one suspiciously unmoving cat. "Mr. Mumbly." He whispered and the cat moved immediately shocking Mal, the whiskered little devil just had to give his heart a fright. "You are troublesome." He mumbled cooing at the cat and checking it for everything that might be wrong. After checking the cat, Mal had completed his rounds in the waiting room. "Hey Mal, code unwanted." Hilda called out by the door and Mal sighed, of course, there was someone with no actual business at the clinic who would want to nag him.

He straightened out his white coat, and walked to the door whilst adjusting his glasses, though he preferred his contacts at times the glasses were a better perk  during work, a lot could get in his eyes considering he worked with animals. "Morning Mr. Langfield." Mal greeted him with a slight grumble, this man was a thorn in his paw and he didn't to be yanked out. "Morning Doctor, I wanted to talk to you, would you mind having a cup of tea with me, it's awful weather out there and I hear from Edgar you have quite an exquisite taste." He replied with a grin more fit for a predator waiting to pounce on prey.

"I would love to, but as you can see I'm busy." Mal tried refusing but he knew this man wouldn't take no for an answer even when you pasted it on your forehead. "Come on, I don't see anyone here." He urged and seeing as the door to his small library was open he could tell no one was here, Mal looked to Hilda for help but she was nowhere, he was alone with a predator. "If you insist why not." He reluctantly agreed, the man beamed him a smile most would've swooned to but Mal was allergic to it.

"Come." He offered the man who seemed to have found none existent permission to put his arm around Mal's waist. "You smell lovely doctor, a hint of rose I see, just beautiful." He whispered the last part but Mal heard him as it was intended, couldn't he get a hint that he was not interested, sure Langfield was gorgeous but who wanted to be the mistress or the one night fling to a self proclaimed nobleman in semi rural England.

"Thank you, let me set it." Mallory immediately got out of Langfield's groping arm and dashed to the kitchen to set the pot. After making the honey and mint tea along with the freshly baked biscuits he made his way back into his library. "This is lovely." Mr Langfield commented as he sipped sensually, it got under Mallory's skin and he hated it. "So you wanted to talk." He exclaimed and the man smiled. "Come on Roosevelt, we're both grown adults no need to shy away, as I said before no one will know." He responded and he knew this was not good at all, persistence led to a lot of fiascos and drama.

"As I said before Mr. Langfield, you're man of honor and I don't think such acts of delicious delirium wouldn't go unnoticed, I'm sure you wouldn't be able to handle me at best." Mal knew he'd gone for the kill right there, attacking a man's ego about his ability to shag and also his ability to not go mad with how Mal would treat him was a bruise to a very huge ego. Mr. Langfield began laughing audibly seeming amused. "I'm sure I can handle myself, it's not all men with nine inches to bolster their claim." He retorted and Mal choked on his tea.

"Please pardon me." He wiped the little drop that got spilled as Mr. Langfield chuckled. "It all comes down to how the tools are used I guess." Mallory snapped back with a smile as he refilled his cup, he could see the smirk on Langfield's face, he had indeed found someone he couldn't coerce with his size. "Very well then, I must go, I have an appointment with the Harolds, join me for dinner on Thursday, crystal lake." Mr. Langfield exclaimed waiting for Mal's response but before he could answer Hilda burst into the library.

"Code red, code red doctor." She was panting heavily and the blood patches on her boots weren't helping. "I must go, have a good day Mr. Langfield." Mallory all but ran out to get out of his own library, the sexual tension was driving him insane, but he wouldn't have caved no matter what. "Hilda, what's wrong?" He asked the woman as they went down the hall to the new emergency room. "I was outside by the shed, I saw it stumbling by the woods, I didn't know what to do, it seemed hurt." She barely breathed as she explains which worried Mal even more.

They ran outside past the tree line near the path that led to the lake, that's when Mal notices, it wasn't supposed to be that large. "I tried first aid but I was failing." She spoke up kneeling next to the bleeding beast. "He's bleeding, he'll die soon if we don't help." Mal immediately pushed aside the fact that the wolf was almost six foot four and had the most dangerous canines he'd ever seen, wrapping coat among the major wounds he stopped the bleeding, he also took his shirt and wrapped it on another wound.

"Run back, get the first aid kit and then the emergency supply kit with the large needles." Hilda ran back immediately, Mal was strong but this was an animal bigger than him and he was six foot two, finding no way to get him to the clinic, he took the two front paws, pulled them over his shoulders, and dragged. It was exhausting, it had also snowed last night, therefore, it was cold and he was half naked. When he was by the door Hildegard was there with everything.

"Help me get him in and set up the IV." He ordered Hilda and she did as told, they both worked spreading multiple blankets on the animal, setting up the IV, after that Mal performed everything he could in his profession to help. "Is he going to be okay?" She asked her best friend and boss. "Yeah, he's already responding to the treatment which is good." Mallory exclaimed as they both cleaned up. It had been several hours whilst working on the wolf but the time was worth it because that's what they did, help animals.

Hilda cleaned up as did Mal, the afternoon wasn't busy so they got down to resting and eating whilst talking about the latest scandal in the leading family of Casterly. There was always drama and a lot of it but Mallory's mind wandered to the huge wolf he'd just rescued, why did it invoke so much out of him.

+++

This story is not edited, any mistakes grammatical or otherwise will corrected in due course.

Follow - Vote - Share

LMJ

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

71.3K 2.6K 68
Pulled into a war he never asked to be a part of. Landon Barnett was groomed from birth to succeed his father as the next Alpha of the Regency Falls...
402K 14.7K 38
What's the best way to torture yourself? Being around the person you're attracted to when you know that you don't even stand a teeny tiny chance with...
SAVAGE بواسطة Jay.

المستذئب

375K 16.8K 30
BOOK 2. CRESCENT FALL PACK. He's arrogant. He's strong He's brutal He's a monster No one knows who Savage truly is, except his family, pack and clos...
HEATHEN بواسطة Jay.

المستذئب

881K 37.2K 24
BOOK 1. CRESCENT FALL PACK. Alvares wasn't anti social he longed for a mate, for love but when his brother betrayed him and deprived him of that, he...