The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

By yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... More

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 2

2.6K 71 75
By yourneighbourhoodcow

I gulped as I looked at Ethan. "What? Cat got your tongue?" he smirked. First off, how dare he! He was the one who bumped into. Second off, who even says 'cat got your tongue' nowadays. Third off, if I stand here for even another minute I am going to lose it and one thing I know pretty well is don't mess with Ethan Turner, so I better scramble.

I ignore Ethan and turn another and was about to walk away before I felt someone grab onto my arm. I turn around to face Ethan who now had an amused expression on his face. "What?" I was mostly annoyed. Gosh, doesn't this dude get that I am going to be late to class. "You bumped into me. At least have the decency to say 'sorry'." He said. "Ok listen here Mister! I didn't bump into you, you were the one who bumped into me. So if anyone has to say 'sorry' its you not me. Now please let me go cause I am in no mood to deal with your assholeness and I have a class to attend" I say, trying to pull my hand away from his grip. "You have quite an attitude don't you?" Ethan says in an amused tune.

I swear to god if this guy doesn't leave me alone I might end up doing something I will regret. "Let.me.go" I say through gritted teeth. Ethan smirks and tightens his hold onto my forearm. "What's with the rush?" He asks me. And that's when I lose my patience and open the big mouth of mine. "Ok! That's it I have had it with you! Who the hell do you think you are? Listen here, I asked you nicely to let me go and you didn't and now I have lost my patience and I swear if I do something after this we both will regret it. So for the last time. Let.Me.Go" I yell.

I am pretty sure that everyone in the hallways is now staring at us, but I couldn't care less. "What is the worst you can do? Call your mommy?" He smirks. And then I do something I know I will regret later but I couldn't control myself. I kicked him in the balls. He lets go of my hand and falls to the ground hissing in pain. I heard a few gasps from the crowd but I didn't care. I turn around making my way through the crowd and to my class forgetting about getting my books from the locker.

I am currently in the cafeteria. Since the whole incident people have been giving me looks. I was sitting on my table, alone of course. You see I am a loner and have no friends, never felt like having them plus no one who had brains would want to be my friend. I was sipping on my juice in peace and scrolling through my phone when someone snacthed it from my hands. I look up to see who it is and I see Ethan and his posse.

"What do you want? Didn't you just understand to leave me alone?!" I say. Ethan takes a seat in front of me while the 2 other guys stand behind him with their arms crossed. "Listen here... Whatever your name is. You don't mess with me. So I am here to take your apology and then I will give you your phone and leave you alone," Jesus why can't he just leave me alone? Plus how would my apology help him. "Ok listen here Mister-I-want-an-apology. I mess with whoever I want to and you asked for it. I told you to leave me alone and you didn't. You were practically screaming and begging for me to give you that kick." I say.

I know it's probably not that smart to mess with this guy, but he is the one who keeps coming. Well I guess I have some guts. "Listen here, what you did made me look weak, and that's why I need a freaking apology!" He spat, no literally spat. "I am sorry you looked weak or whatever. But does it look like I care? No. So leave me alone! Or I swear to god my other actions can hurt more." I challenge him. "You are going to pay for what you did! Just wait and watch Miss-I-have-an-attitude. I swear I will make you regret every single breath you take! I. Will.Make-" I cut him "make my life living hell, blah blah blah, the regular old villain talk. Are you done?" I say looking at my nails and pretending to be bored. "Oh and by the way it's Amelia." I say before getting up and leaving.

Gosh, I left my lunch there. Great, I am probably going to starve to death. I sigh as I make my way to the lockers to get my books for my next class. I open my locker and take out my calculus book, as I close my locker door I find Lucas Murphy leaning on the locker next to my. Great in the last 4 years of my highschool life I didn't have to face any boys and now in just one days time during my senior year I have managed to get the Football captain pissed off and the Basketball captain by my locker. "Amelia, right?" Lucas asks me out of nowhere. "Uh, yes?" I say more like a question. "What you did today was quite impressive. He deserved it." He says with an impressed look. I scoff at him, "I did what I had to, someone would have gotten him in line some day, I just did the honours of being that person. Bye" I say turning around and not wanting to be part of this conversion. "Wait!" Lucas yells running after me. "Look, I know you're impressed yada yada. Whatever. But I have no interest in what you have to offer." I say. "How did you know I was going to offer something?" He asks. "It's pretty easy to guess Lucas. Why else would someone like you bother to speak to someone like me?" I say rolling my eyes. This is getting annoying. All I want to do is get to my calculus class for God's sake!

"Ok, geez I just came here to give you a sandwich, you did leave your lunch in the cafeteria." He says taking a sandwich out his hoodie pocket. He really thinks I am gonna take it? I might be hungry but how do I know that he hasn't poisoned it or something. "That's really kind of you, but no thank you! Anyways it was nice talking to you. Bye." I say walking away but Lucas pulls me back. I swear this guy is asking for a kick too. I groan. Seriously god what did I do to deserve this? Why can't people just leave me alone and mind their own business? Oh right, cause they are practically jobless and have no better job then to be nosy and annoying.

"Just take the sandwich." He says giving it to me. "Lucas, look I have trust issues. You probably poisoned that thing for all I know." I say. He starts laughing. Like full on laughing. Are you freaking kidding me?!

Before he can say anything the bell rings and I pull my arm away from Lucas and run to my class.

I am walking back home, today was one hell of a day. I just hope everyone forgets that by tomorrow. I reached my house door and was about to knock when I heard screaming from the inside. I put my ear on the door to hear better. "You can't do that Claire. The kid is 17 for god's sake!" I hear grandma yell. "So what? You expect me to take care of her? I can't mother, the kid has only brought sorrows to me. Yes you are going to leave soon, I know and you also know I am gonna leave her in the shelter out of town. I need her away from me. I only brought her home because of you!" My mom yells back. Wait, what's going on? "You are not. Claire I have had enough of you! You can't just abandon her. She is your daughter for god's sake." My grandma says in an oddly calm voice. "She is not my daughter. She never was my daughter, never will be-" My mom was cut of by a huge sound. A sound of someone being slapped. "That's it Claire. I and Amelia have had enough of you. I have a friend who will be more than happy to take care of her. We both will be going there. I will spend my last few months there, have this house to yourself and I don't want to ever see you again. I will call my friend and tell her I am coming over. We will leave when Amelia comes back from school." I hear grandma yell.

Wait what? We are moving out? Which friend is grandma even talking about? I have never heard her talk about a friend before. "Oh wow. Some kind of mother you are. Leaving your own daughter. Mother I was the one who took care of you when you had cancer. What about the money for your treatments and visits? I was the one who paid for them." My mom scoffs. "You know nothing about being a mother. And no you didn't pay for my treatments and visits, Jackson did! Now I don't even need the treatments. And thank you for being a normal human and not being selfish for once!" Grandma yells.

Wait, dad paid for grandma's treatments? Why though? And how? I decide it's time I finally knock. I knock on my door and wait for a few seconds. My grandma opens the door. "Amelia. Honey, your home! Now I will explain everything to you later but just pack your bags." "You do have to explain But I heard everything." I say in a quiet voice. "Amelia-" "No, it's f-fine. I will go up and pack my bags. But you have to promise me to answer all my questions." I say. My grandma nodded and let me in.

We were in a taxi, driving to whoever's house we were going to live in from now on. I sit on the corner with my bag in my hand and our suitcases in the back. I started out the window looking at the trees and different cars. Grandma said they didn't live that far. It's 30 minutes away and because she is old she cant walk so much we decided to call a taxi. "You know they have a son who is your age." My grandma says, trying to make conversation. I nod not really in the mood to talk. "You could be friends you never know." she says. I nod again.

"Grandma if you don't mind me asking who are these people we are now gonna live with?" I ask her, finally able to take words out my mouth. "Oh she is one of my friends, she lives here with her son and his family. I met her in highschool. We have been good friends. I talked to her last night and told her about our situation. I had a feeling your mom would do something like that and I wouldn't let that happen. Plus she said that she is more than happy to let us live there." she says. "But what about a-after you're gone? Where will I go then?" I ask. "Well you will still live there. I won't let you move out so soon sweetie. I know you turn 18 soon and when you do then maybe you can think of moving out, well if you want to. But till then you will have to live there." she says.

That's when I realise my grandma wont be there for my 18th birthday... Why is life being so unfair to me? I still am curious to bring up the topic about my dad, but I know better than to do that in public. No one knows I am his daughter and I will want that to remain that way.

We reach the house that I will be living in from now on, I get out of the car and look in front of me. The house is bigger than the house I used to live in but is still an average family house. It's not too grand and looks cozy. I feel my grandma place her hand on my shoulder and I exhale a breath I didn't know I was holding.

We walk slowly towards the front door and my grandma rings the bell. I hear footsteps coming towards the door and the door opens. The moment I see the person in front of me, my eyes widen and my jaw falls to the ground if possible. "Hello you must be Ethan, right?" My grandma questions. "Yes ma'am, that's me!" He smirks, not removing his eyes off me once.  

__________________________________________________________________________

I hope y'all like this chapter! You can expect chapter 3 VERY soon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 239 19
"Hi my name is Amelia and this is my life... I was just another ordinary girl before that thing happened:High School. My first day on Riverroad High...
226K 7.7K 36
Amelia Anderson (16 years old). Let me tell you something about her. You know that popular people that always look attractive, throw amazing parties...
369K 10.7K 61
Summer Jones doesn't have a perfect life - a crazy half family, dropping grades and absolutely no idea on what she's doing in life. This tomboy has n...
504K 12K 38
No. 1 in car! Amelia Banks isn't your typical girl, knowing all there's is to know about cars, racing and mechanics can make someone an outcast. Des...