Flash of Bravery (Book One)

By IzzyJoy

Two people have talents that will make you believe the impossible. One of them is Barry Allen; an ordinary ma... More

Sneak Peek
Prologue
Chapter 1: Impossiblites
Chapter 2: I Am The Only One
Chapter 3: Fire Trap
Chapter 4: The Project
Chapter 5: The Awakening
Chapter 6: Rambling Questions & Explanations
Chapter 7: The Closer I Get
Chapter 8: Fact or Opinion
Chapter 9: Out In The Light
Chapter 10: Her
Chapter 11: Him
Chapter 12: Return
Chapter 13: Growing Abilities
Chapter 14: Issue
Chapter 16: The World Has Shut Me Out
Chapter 17: The World Has Turned And Left Me Here
Chapter 18: Help! I'm Trapped in the World of Fear
Chapter 19: Tighten Knot
Chapter 20: The Way Our Anger Can Be Released
Chapter 21: Distraction of a Blinded Mind
Chapter 22: This Is War
Chapter 23: Why Is Darkness So Bright?
Chapter 24: You Should Know Where I'm Coming From
Chapter 25: Loosen Knot
Chapter 26: When I Look At You, I See Darkness
Chapter 27: Is This Happiness?
Chapter 28: Based On Reality, I Know This Is True
Tracklist:
Acknolwedgements:

Chapter 15: Rouge

4.5K 144 14
By IzzyJoy

AN: Left a picture for our villain for you to see. Or should I say....villains.

In S.T.A.R. Labs, Andi and Barry get ready up to go stop Mick Rory a.k.a. Heat Wave. (Cisco's nickname) Barry gets suited up as Andi waits for Cisco to finish her costume he made for her.

"So what is the material made out of?" Andi asks as Cisco continues his last finishing touches.

"It's the same material as Barry's suit." Cisco replies.

"Except it's black leather." Andi comments. Cisco raises his head at Andi and sees her smiles at the suit. "I like it."

Andi takes the suit and goes to put it on. A black leather unitard suit that cuts at her ankles and wrists. She wears a zipped black jacket on top of the suit with leather gloves for her hands. For shoes, Andi wears black ankle boots. Then Andi pulls her long hair in a pony tail and takes the matching mask Cisco made.

Andi walks into the lab, but what she notices is all the stares and smiles everyone gives her. "Whoa." Cisco whispers at the amazement of his suit.

Once Andi glances at Barry, she sees him with his jaw dropped. Caitlin shakes her head and rolls her eyes at their silly reactions. Barry and Andi study each other's suits and smile at each other. Seeing Barry putting on his hood with a mask, Andi remembers a detail of her suit.

"Uh, I have an eye-mask." Andi stumbles at her words.

Barry takes the mask from Andi's hands. "May I have the honors." He raises the mask in front of her. Andi nodes and holds her pony tail. Barry pulls the string under Andi's hair and puts the mask over her eyes. "There." He mumbles.

"Okay now you two got to go fight a bad guy." Cisco interrupts their moment.

"Before you go, here is you're earpiece." Caitlin remembers. "So we can talk to you like we do with Barry." Caitlin hands Andi the small device.

"Thanks, guess this makes me a apart of the team Flash." Andi jokes.

"Don't even start." Barry laughs.

In the next second, Barry and Andi flash out of the lab and run towards the coordinates given from Cisco. They find theirselves in a airport warehouse. Barry's stops and realizes Andi is still behind. When he turns around he sees the fast light rushing towards him along with a gust of wind.

Andi stumbles as he stops herself, needing Barry's help using his arm as he holds it out to use as a break. "Guess you're not as fast as me." Barry smirks.

"Don't even start Barry," Andi pauses, "it's not like it's my number one power to learn to use."

As Barry raises his hands in surrender as a joke, suddenly his feels a wave of heat come from behind him. "Looks like you're surrendering already Flash."

Barry stands straight and drops his hands. Andi walks to Barry's side, waiting for even a flinch out of the guy. She's ready to use her powers.

"Hey! Looks like we got company!" Heat Wave shouts as if he's warning someone.

From behind an airplane, a familiar face walks taking out the same weapon he used last time. An cold gun. "Snart." Barry whispers.

Before Barry could react to his words, a blast of the cold gun heads towards him. Instead of Andi asking who's Snart she is grabbed by Barry and runs to get them out of the way "Wait Barry who's Snart?" Andi asks as they in front of a private plane inside the warehouse.

"Snart is there?" Caitlin asks worried for her friends.

"They teamed up like fire and ice." Cisco laughs as he thinks out loud.

"Don't call them team fire and ice." Caitlin replies.

"I'm sorry I didn't know that two guys would he here." Barry quickly apologizes to Andi without looking at Andi.

"Barry who is he?" Andi asks again, this time with more concern.

"He's a ex-criminal who stoled our cold gun from S.T.A.R. Labs." Caitlin cuts in.

"Okay when did Barry's voice become all girly?" Andi teases.

Sounds of flames and freezing ice destroys the inside of the warehouse letting Barry and Andi know they're inside. "Andi, this is-" Barry pauses to look at Andi but instead almost as a reflex Andi grabs Barry and flashes to the opposite side of the plane. "Serious."

Barry nods as a thank you for her saving him before he gets shot by one of the guns. "They have a flame thrower and a cold gun." Andi whispers. "We have powers."

"Snart has a weapon that can slow me down." Barry explains. "I'm sure those guns can do the same to you."

"So what are we going to do to stop them?" Andi asks for for the game-plan.

"Well what can you think of?" Barry asks nervously.

"I think I want a battle." A make voice cuts in.

Andi and Barry snap their attention to their left and see Captain Cold aiming his gun at them. Andi turns to her right but Heat Wave comes, blocking the path. To escape, they would have to go around them or go under the plane. They both aim their guns at Andi and Barry while they stand back-to-back.

Andi cocks her head to her left. "Maybe we should try to fight." Andi suggests.

"Just don't get hit by their guns." Barry warns her.

Great advice, She tells Barry in her mind.

As soon as Andi finishes talking in Barry's mind, he runs a towards Snart taking him on. Andi takes a step forward with a furious look on her face. Heat Wave aims his gun at Andi but all she does is continue to walk.

"Now do you want to know why fire is a beauty?" He asks holding down the trigger. Andi doesn't respond as her lips form a straight line. "It shows us who we really are." Then he realizes the trigger.

Andi holds out her hand in front of the blast of fire heading towards her. Then suddenly, the blast stops in front of her as if it's hitting a wall. Once Heat wave releases the trigger, Andi drops her hand taking down the invisible shield. Heat Wave's eyebrows raise is surprise.

During that time, Barry runs around the open space warehouse as Captain Cold keeps shooting his gun multiple times. Barry runs I'm different directions tiring him out. Captain Cold figures out he can't keep up but he can predict his next move.

He turns behind him, pulling the tigger, then Captain Cold finally hits Barry. He smirks at Barry watching his suit getting covered in ice. Andi hears Barry's wail of pain and turns around. She gasps forgetting she's now distracted. Heat Wave grabs her from behind and puts the barrel of his flame thrower against her head.

"See you're boyfriend enjoying the ice. And you have to watch-"

"Stop!" Andi screams.

As hard as she can, Andi tires to wiggle out of his grip. All Andi can think of is how much pain Barry is taking from the cold.

"Stop it please." Andi screams. "Don't hurt him please-"

"Shush girl!" Heat Wave shouts in Andi's ear.

He pushes the barrel deep into her temple kneeling it will leave a mark. Captain Cols turns to Andi and smiles at her. "What great partners you have Flash." Captain Cold aims the gun at
Andi ready to release the trigger. "Now let's see what it will look like with ice covering her."

"No!" Barry shouts on the floor holding his cold chest.

Before anything else can happen, Andi raises her hand and curls it into a fist. The next moment, pain soars in Captain Cold's body. He drops the gun and falls on his knees. He holds his head in his hands and screams in pain.

"Now let go of me or your partner gets it." Andi threatens him.

Without doubt, Heat Wave drops Andi on her feet. Before she runs to Barry, she kicks Heat Wave's stomach, pushing him on the ground. Andi speeds over to Barry and holds his head.

"Please tell me you're okay." Andi whispers taking a hold of his hand.

"Ow." Barry groans.

"I'll take that as a yes." Andi smiles.

Barry can see the scared look in Andi's eyes as she looks down at him. Soon a cold but burning feeling hits Barry's chest and spreads through his veins. He tries to smile but he pants small breathes.

Andi notices the difference. "What's wrong?"

"I feel..." Barry pauses to think of what word to describe the feeling. Before he says the word, he flashes out of Andi's arms and stands up in front of her. "Great." He says without looking at her.

Andi quickly snaps her head at Barry running towards Heat Wave and Captain Cold. She watches Barry dodging the blasts. Then she sees Barry fighting both of them with his speed.

What did I do?

Out of nowhere she hears whispers in her ear. She can match the voice to Captain Cold. She is powerful. We could use her and destroy The Flash. She is the perfect weapon. She is reading his mind.

"I am not a weapon!" Andi shouts.

Barry turns around to see if anything happened to Andi. She turns her hands in fists and runs to Barry.

"I'm no ones' weapon." Andi states.

Andi turns to Barry and takes his hand. In a blink of an eye, they're gone. The next thing they see is Caitlin, Cisco, and Dr. Wells. Cisco jumps seeing them on the floor as they appear from no where.

"H-How?" Cisco stutters with shock.

"Teleportation." Andi says as she stands up.

"You teleported us here?" Barry asks trying to believe it.

"Look that's not the point Barry." Andi says trying to hide the fact she's upset.

"Andi we lost, it happens." Barry reassures her.

"They got away?" Dr. Wells ask.

"No we escaped." Andi admits. "I had to do something to stop what they were doing to Barry." Andi mumbles as she takes off her mask.

"You did. You got us out." Barry says, taking off his hood.

"I teleported us out because I had no choice but to escape." Andi explains her point. "I was weak and scared-"

"I was scared when I first went up against armed criminals." Barry compares. "I didn't know what I was doing."

"You got that right." Caitlin cuts in, shaking her head at Barry.

Barry looks at Andi hoping she will give up on the argument. "You were a big help Andi."

"Barry when I touched you I healed you," Andi pauses, "I didn't mean to, but I did. And I have you more power then I meant to. I didn't know what I did."

"Andi I'm okay because of you." Barry tries to get her to realize his point.

"Just say it Barry! I'm a weapon!" Andi blurts out, raising her voice. "You just wanted me to be out there for my powers."

"Andi," Barry sighs. "That's not what I meant when-"

"Barry!" Andi yells, making everyone in the room flinch. "I thought you were a better friend, but you made me feel like I was woken up, just to be used. Even Dr. Wells and Caitlin. You only have one power, Barry. I have them all."

Before Andi decides to disappear out of the lab, Cisco tries to catch up to talk to her. "Andi listen they just wanted to-"

Andi turns around to look at her friend. "Cisco I'm sorry but I can't be here, be around anyone while I'm angry."

Then in that moment, Cisco ends up watching Andi walk away. Away from him, from her friends, away from here. Andi has to walk away.

AN: I hope you enjoy the story! Thank you for all the ones who added this story into your reading list, followed me, voted, and commented!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 11.1K 90
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

131K 3.1K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
665K 14.8K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
734K 44.9K 109
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...