OP Neptunia Male Reader Book...

By TrapMaster20

(Didn't I Say to Make my Abilities Average in The Next Life x OP Neptunia Male Reader) After Y/n, Rom, Ram... More

Bios
1 - Where am I?
2 - The Kingdom of Tils
3 - The Hunt for the Childnappers
5 - First Quest and Reunion of Reincarnated Friends
6 - Training with Mavis and Finding the Twins
7 - A Very Confusing Graduation
8 - Crimson Vow's First Job
9 - Protect the Merchants!
10 - The Crimson Vow's Past
11 - The City of Amroth
12 - A Little Vacation
13 - Another Noble Engagement? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!
14 - Hunting Time
15- Surprises All Around!
16 - Arrogance is a Downfall
17 - This Bond is Unbreakable
18 - The Grand Finale
Warning!!!
Story Challenge

4 - The Start of Hunters' Prep

2.5K 45 15
By TrapMaster20

words = speaking
words = thinking
*words* = actions
WORDS = spells, or skills
words = Letters/notes/Diaries

No one's POV

We see Y/n and Yui just looking at the four that have come to see Y/n, only for them to be the same girls from last night.

Y/n: Wow... I guess I did trigger a flag.

Mile: I can't believe it... first I'm in the same room as the others, but now I'm also nearby the crossdresser from last night? How am I going to explain to him what happened yesterday...?

Y/n: Okay... this is rather awkward, so I'm going to start with my introduction. My name's Y/n L/n. *Plutia voice* It's nice to meet you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one's POV

Mavis: I guess we never gave you proper introductions before. I guess I'll go first. My name is Mavis von Austien. I'm 17. My family are knights. I hope to be a swordsman.

Y/n: Wow! She's the same age as me!

Reina: Reina. And I'm 15. I'm a mage hunter with an E ranking and people call me Crimson Reina.

Y/n: So the Crimson alias sticks with her. I guess she is like Megumin a bit.

Y/n: So, you aren't an F rank?

Reina: Not at all.

Pauline: I'm actually hoping to become a mage as well. Pauline. I'm 14 and from a family of merchants.

Y/n: Holy shit, she's Megumin's age?! I mean, YunYun looks like that and she's 14, but that just ain't fair!! I mean, really, what the hell?!?!

Y/n: Wow.

Pauline: I'm pretty sure there's a lot I could learn from you Reina.

Reina: I think there are two people in this room we could all learn from. Am I right?

She then looks at me and Mile, shocking her.

Y/n: *sigh* You are right about that. You could learn a lot from me. After all, I may be F rank, but my experience may exceed yours and the danger of the foes I have fought could be incredibly different from what you've faced.

Reina: You're F rank?

Y/n: I just signed up a few days ago as a hunter, so it would make sense. So, *looks at Mile* may I get your name? You and your roommates went through theirs and I went through mine before the opening of the book, so get to it!

Reina: Opening of the book? What does he mean by that?

Mile: Oh right! So... my name is Mile... and I'm twelve years old...

Y/n: Take your time Mile. I'm not rushing you.

Mile: Well, I hope to become a mage... and my rank is...

Y/n: I wonder... is she the same rank as Reina, or is she higher.

Mile: My rank is the same as yours, being rock bottom F! I'm just a novice hunter!

Reina, Pauline, and Mavis: That's still a lie.

Y/n and Yui: She doesn't seem like she's lying about that.

Mile: Ah! Only the crossdresser and the fairy believe me! What are the other three going to do? Put me on trial?! Have a space-time in quest?! Maybe even torture me!!!!

Mile: What strange tactics will those three use to uncover my secrets?!?!

Reina: Look, Y/n was it?

Y/n: *Kazuma voice* That's my name.

Reina: We weren't able to get anything out of Mile, so you might say something. So, tell us all how you-

We then hear a bell ring, interrupting Reina.

Mavis: I guess it's time.

Y/n: Time for what?

Pauline: The new student orientation.

Y/n: I guess that would be a bit of a help. Besides, I can already tell that Reina is not going to let me off the hook when it comes to my powers.

The four girls walk off, Reina being last to leave. She then looks at me with cold, determined eyes. She then shuts the door on her way out.

Y/n: With that look in her eyes, I need to make some sort of alibi about how I got my powers. After all, I don't think they'll believe in a simple death being the cause.

*Time-skip*

Location: Outside Hunters' Prep School

As Y/n goes outside, as Yui stayed back in their dorm room, the one who registered Y/n at the school then walks up and introduces himself.

Elbert: I'm Elbert, the school principal and instructor. It's my job here at Hunters' Prep to cram what you would normally learn over several years through your own experience into a six-month program. The training will be brutal, and if you manage to graduate, you'll be rewarded a D-rank.

The other students then begin to gossip over it

Y/n: D-rank huh? Well, if it's a grading system back home in America, it must mean that a D-rank is better than an F-rank.

Elbert: And also, the student with the highest score will be awarded C-rank!

Y/n: Okay, so let's try and get that C-rank. So, I'll hold back a bit, but do what I can to win.

Elbert: First, I'm going to see what you all are capable of.

Elbert then splits everyone into groups and one group at a time works with a sword. Mavis went up and wins her match.

Elbert: That's enough. You're quite skilled Mavis. Nice work.

Mavis: Thank you very much sir.

Elbert: Right! Next pair!

Y/n: You got it!

Y/n then gets up and brings out his the wooden sword that he was given.

Y/n: Alright, time to show this world the power of the Grand-Master of Axel! I hope you pay attention Mavis, because you might want to learn from me!

Y/n then gets up and sees his opponent.

Male Student: Look at who that girl's up against.

Male Student 2: Yeah, Moob. He's already an active hunter. I actually heard that he chocked an orc to death with his bare hands.

Y/n: Chocked an orc to death hmm? This might be more interesting than what I originally thought!!

Moob: Ha! Not going to be able to use much of my skills fighting a tiny girl!

Y/n: Look, just go all out! I'm sure I can still defeat you, even if I hold back!

Moob: Huh? Hey, if I'm going to fight a girl, it'd be that one over there!

Y/n: Hmm?

Moob: I mean, this one's as flat as a cutting board. Come on!

Y/n: *pissed off* Well, I recommend that you start finding yourself a powerful healer.

Moob: And why's that, little girl?

Y/n: Because the injuries that I'm going to give are not going to be healed through simple healing magic. EXA SLASH!!!

Y/n then pulls out a card and throws it to the sky. He then points his sword to the sky as lighting starts to emerge from the sky. A lot of the students start to panic a bit.

Y/n: Be held by my arms and die!

Y/n then quickly rushes Moob, and preparing his strike.

Moob: What the?!

Y/n: We're done.

Y/n then slashes through him, and when brings his sword down, he then get electrocuted.

Y/n: Told ya'. Don't underestimate someone. Even Kazuma would better than you, cause he would've already taken you down when you started talking shit.

Male Student: She took him out with one blow!

Male Student 3: How did she summon lighting and infuse it with a wooden sword?!

Male Student 4: I don't know... I couldn't keep up.

Male Student 5: However she did that, she is not one to be messed with.

Y/n: Already got people gossiping. That's a good start.

Mavis then walks over to Y/n and places her hand on her shoulder.

Mavis: I'm really curious about your sword skills now.

*Time-skip*

Y/n's POV

We then went through the mage test, with Mile being able to copy Reina's skill. I wondered for a bit if she was from Axel, but I nudged that off. After all the tests, I then head to my room and see Yui.

Yui: So how was it?

Y/n: Pretty good. Me and Mile have become the talk of the school.

I then hear knocking on my door and see Reina standing there.

Y/n: You want to know about my powers don't you?

Reina: Yeah. Tell the entire truth.

Y/n: Come and sit down. It's a bit bizarre.

Y/n: I've had a lot of time during the breaks to make this alibi, so it should work. I even made sure that it was original.

Reina then comes in and sits down. I then grab a pudding cup and give it to her.

Reina: What's this?

Y/n: I didn't know if you wanted anything, so I brought from my homeland.

Reina: Well, bribery isn't going to get me-

Y/n: I know bribery won't work, I was planning to tell you my story and how I got my powers.

Reina: Oh. Then continue.

Y/n: So, it all started 3 years ago. I was eating alone near a river, since I didn't have many friends at the time, when I saw something floating down said river...

*This next part is the alibi story that Y/n had made for how he got his powers. This is the non-canon way of how Y/n got his powers.*

Story Y/n's POV

Story Y/n: Hmm? What's that?

As I ate my meal, I saw a crystal like object coming downstream. I quickly grab my net that I had nearby. You see, I actually went out to catch some bugs for a school project, but I had failed. I then use my net and scoop out the item.

Story Y/n: What is this...?

I then pull the item out of the net to see a purple crystal with a weird symbol in the center of it.

Story Y/n: It looks like... a crystal...?

As I touched the symbol of the crystal, I feel a powerful energy course through my body. After the effects die down, I went to the riverbank and saw what I looked like. I notice that my H/c hair is now a lilac and my E/c eyes are now purple.

Story Y/n: *higher pitched voice* Woah! Is that... me...? What happened...?

I then cover my mouth in shock, seeing as it's now higher pitched.

Story Y/n: Don't tell me that...

I then punch down there as I grunt in pain.

Story Y/n: Yep... Still there...

Voice: I'm sorry, but this is all my fault.

Story Y/n: *screams*

I then fall over as I hear this unknown voice.

Story Y/n: Who are you?! Where are you?!

Voice: I'm in your head you idiot.

Story Y/n: Hey!!

Voice: Sorry, sorry. Anyways, You've been granted powers that you could not even imagine. The powers of the gods.

Story Y/n: The powers... of the gods?!?!

Voice: Yes. This power is not something for you to use lightly, so please be careful when you use your powers.

Story Y/n: *Video Below*

Voice: Look, I'm not messing around!! If people know that you have this, they could come and kill you for it!

Story Y/n: Gah!! Why didn't you say that first?!

Voice: Cause I thought you would've taken it a bit more seriously.

Story Y/n: Okay, okay! Fine! I'll keep my powers a secret. But how am I going to explain to my parents my new looks?

Voice: Don't worry. I've already altered the memories of everyone you know. To put it bluntly, everyone will think that your current looks were how you always were.

*End of Fake Story*

Y/n's POV

Y/n: Then after that, I hadn't heard from that voice again.

Reina: Wow... So, you have the powers of gods?

Y/n: Yup! I forgot to mention it, but these gods are from another world, so a few of their weapons are a bit different.

Reina: Well, thanks for letting me know. I'll try and keep it a secret.

Y/n: You will keep it a secret. I have ways to make sure people don't do anything.

Reina: Okay, okay! Anyways, me and the others are going to question Mile, so do you mind getting her for us? Just say that you wanted to invite her to tea with Pauline.

Y/n: You got it!

I then head out with Yui and try to find Mile.

*Tiny Time-skip*

No one's POV

Y/n: Where could she be?

Yui: I don't know.

Y/n then sees Mile, but she appears to be working on something.

Y/n: What is she making...?

Yui: It's hard to tell.

Y/n: Well, let's go up and see.

Y/n is about to ask her, but she then starts to sing, so he keeps his mouth shut.

Mile: *Video Below*

Y/n then comes out and then talks to Mile.

Y/n: Wow, that's really a neat doll you have there.

Mile: Cute, huh? It's an SD Figure, sort of a Nendoroid.

Y/n: She's raising her sus bar of being from Japan by a lot when she mentioned that.

Mile: By using it's proportions and altering a few others, it's adorableness is shown- HUH?!

Mile then jumps back, rather worried.

Mile: So, um... How long have you been standing there?

Y/n: Long enough to know that make these tiny things and then sing to them like they're people.

Mile: SO HE NOT ONLY HEARD EVERYTHING, BUT HE SAW ME MAKE THIS?!?!

Y/n: Time for a little interrogation of my own.

Y/n: You know, I feel like these things somewhere before. Although, there were only made in my homeland. How did a young girl like you manage to make that?

Mile: Huh?

Y/n: I said how did you make this if I know about these in my homeland?

Mile: I just did what I did best in my old life and did what I could to make a new one. But there's no way I can tell him that!!!

Y/n: *Image Below* STAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRREEEE.

Mile: And now he won't stop staring at me unless I answer him, what do I do?!

Mile then turns around a bit panicked and replies.

Mile: I-It...

Y/n: It?

Mile: IT'S A SECRET FAMILY TECHNIQUE!!!!

There's a bit of awkward silence before Y/n stands up and starts to talk.

Y/n: Oh really? I guess your family knows how to make these, but they don't let people know about them?

Mile: Yes, absolutely! *giggles*

Mile: I managed to dodge the question!

Y/n: She thinks she may have dodged the question, but she instead is going to be shot by a lot more questions from me now. Just who the hell is this girl? How does she know about Nendoroids? More importantly, why I do I keep feeling serious Déjà vu when I'm around her?! Just what did the author plan when he had the others take me to this world?

Y/n: Oh, by the way, I just got some tea, so I was wondering if you would like to join me? Pauline will be joining as well, FYI.

Mile: Woah, seriously?!?!

Y/n: Yeah, you want to come?

Mile: My first day here and I'm already going to an RL event!

Mile: Yeah!!! I'd love to come!!

*Time-skip*

We then see a very worried Mile in Y/n's room with her roommates in there. Y/n did allow them in beforehand, he just had to make sure that they wouldn't wreck the place.

Reina: So Y/n told me about him, so now it's time you tell us about yourself Mile.

Y/n: I'm sorry Mile! Reina really wants to know, and I'm curious to!!

Mile: Um, well... I'm a super normal twelve year old, so there's that...

Y/n: How about we wait with you for a bit Mile. If you guys have any other questions that don't include my powers from when we fought those kidnappers, ask away.

Mavis: Well Y/n, you can start by explaining how you defeated the hunter Moob with one sword slash and infused lighting into your blade... with a wooden sword nonetheless!

Y/n: Yeah, he may be a hunter, but my experience in combat and strength alone way exceeds his own abilities as a hunter.

Y/n: I can't fully tell them that I got my experience by defeating 5 of the Devil King's generals from another world. There's no way in hell they'll believe that.

Mavis: I see...

Reina: Well Mile, why don't you explain how you know magic only I can use.

Mile: *sweating bullets* Secret family technique.

Y/n: She must really not want them to know about her powers.

Reina: I told you I invented that spell!

Pauline: Easy Reina, there's no need to be angry or raise your voice.

Y/n: True, we are just having a friendly chat. I know you guys want answers from me and Mile, but trying to force them might cause a bit of a problem.

Pauline: It's a way for us to become better acquainted with one another.

Mavis: Indeed. That's why I'm here.

Reina: You three are right. It would be a shame to let these tea and sweets go to waste. We have a long night ahead of us.

Y/n: She is not letting this down is she?

Mile: She is not going to let this go!! Only one thing left to do!

Mile: A-Alright fine! I'll tell you everything!

Y/n: Well... that was unexpected.

*Time-skip*

Time of Day: Night

Y/n's POV

Y/n: So, let me get this straight. A cabinet minister who was desperately after your OP abilities allied himself with a Demon Lord, and they then pursued you. You then were able to escape through the help of a young prince?

Mile: Yes! I was so scared, I thought I was going to die!!

Y/n: Wow, that must have been tough on you.

Mile: You have no idea!!

Reina: LIAR!!! WHAT A COMPLETE LOAD OF CRAP, MORON!!! *to Y/n* AND HOW DO YOU BELIEVE HER STORY!!!

Mile: *panics*

Y/n: What is she talking about?

Reina: Just about everyone in the country has read that book!

Mile: You're kidding?!

Y/n: Well, I don't know what you're talking about, but Mile got the idea through a book's plot?

Pauline: Yeah, she did. The book's actually a best seller.

Reina: Do you take us all for complete fools?

Mile: No, that's not it at all! I'm not trying to mock you or anything! You've got to believe me!

Reina: Then stop making things up and tell us the truth!!

Y/n: At this rate, she might never talk. I know what to do!

Y/n: Hey Reina, I'm going to end this little chat about powers for today.

Reina: Huh, why? Didn't you mention that you were curious to?

Y/n: You are right about that. However, there are some people who have a tragic past. *looks down to the ground* Someone I know knows that very well.

Pauline: Y/n is right. Everyone has something in their past they'd rather not talk about right?

Reina: Well... yes, but...

Y/n: Then you should know that forcing out the answers won't do us any good.

Reina: *sigh* You're right.

Mavis: Huh? Wait, I don't.

Y/n then proceeds to put a mask on Mavis so she doesn't say anything else that kills the reason for something.

Pauline: I know I have things I'd rather not talk about to.

Y/n: Same here. Other than that, promise that you'll tell us when you feel a bit more comfortable.

Mile: That'd be nice.

Reina: *to Mile* Sorry for trying to force you to tell us, *to Y/n* and I'm sorry for kind of forcing you to tell me. I hope you two can forgive me.

Y/n: It's fine. I mean, I would've done the same as well.

Mile: Yes, of course!

Mavis: *muffled mask noises*

Mile: I have no idea what you said just there, but...

Mile then gets up and bows.

Mile: Thank you. Thanks so much.

Pauline: You know, I bet that cute little doll Y/n mentioned before brining in Mile would sell like gangbusters!

Reina: She's a bad liar, but that probably means that she's not a bad person. But one way or another, I'm going to find the secret to her strength, just like I did with Y/n!

Mavis: *muffled mask noise*

Y/n: Well, I didn't get my question answered, but it would've been weird to do it right here. But still, if Reina didn't mention that her story was from a popular novel, I may have never known about it. If she is who I believe she could be the reincarnation of...

Y/n: Did she become...

Reina, Pauline, and Mavis: Is she...

Y/n, Reina, Pauline, and Mavis: A Ditz...?

Mile: Hmm?

To Be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 293 58
Best friends is what they are. As his friend steps into a life he's tried to avoid, Shin had no choice but to follow. After all, he did make a promis...
50.9K 319 3
Well, the title says it all.
28.9K 492 33
Harry's been acting different lately which catches the attention of the rest of the sidemen. One certain sideman in particular, Simon.
1.1M 19.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...