《C A L L I T D E S T I N Y》

By thisisallthat

Kiara Dempsey is one of the very best architects in the world. She is beautiful, smart and in her own way a h... More

《P R O L O G U E》
《C H A P T E R O N E》
《C H A P T E R T W O》
《C H A P T E R T H R E E》
《C H A P T E R F O U R》
《C H A P T E R F I V E》
《C H A P T E R S I X》
《C H A P T E R S E V E N》
《C H A P T E R E I G H T》
《C H A P T E R N I N E》
《C H A P T E R T E N》
《C H A P T E R E L E V E N》
《C H A P T E R T W E L V E》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N》
《C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N》
《C H A P T E R S I X T E E N》
《C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N》
《C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N》
《C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T W O》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S I X》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S E V E N》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - E I G H T》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - N I N E》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - O N E》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - T W O》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - T H R E E》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - F O U R》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - F I V E》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - S I X》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - S E V E N》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - E I G H T》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - N I N E》
《C H A P T E R F O R T Y》
《C H A P T E R F O R T Y - O N E》
《C H A P T E R F O R T Y - T W O》
《C H A P T E R F O R T Y - T H R E E》
《C H A P T E R F O R T Y - F O U R》

《C H A P T E R F I F T E E N》

3.9K 108 9
By thisisallthat

Kiara's POV

Kiara's dress for her date with Kieran

Hannah was sitting on my bed eating fries on my bed she had been craving and made my assistant go buy them for her. She had been very very happy today and I was getting worried that she might break down while I'm at dinner.

I looked at Hannah while packing my handbag and said ,'Are you sure you don't want to spend the night eating junk food watching Dynasty?'

She deadpanned and said ,'I'm sure I don't want you here. I'm going to watch movies and eat junk food alone then when you get back from your date I'll be here waiting to hear all the details or you know maybe you shouldn't. '

I nodded and said, 'Okay, if you're sure you don't want me to stay, I can start freaking out about this date.'

I took a deep breathe and she said ,'You know you and Kieran are perfect for each other I'm actually embarassed that I didn't try set you up before. You'll be fine and I know you'll have an amazing time.'

I laughed and took a seat next to her and said, 'So what happened exactly with Noah like with details?'

She took a deep breathe and said, 'I have been feeling very insecure because of this pregnancy and this girl is gorgeous. I don't want to go home or talk to Noah and find out he was really cheating on me I could never take it. It would just shatter me Keeks, it would completely shatter me.'

I could not explain how much anger I felt towards Noah right now. I've never seen Hannah so insecure before, she was always a very confident person. I looked at Hannah and said, 'Hannah you look amazing do you know that. Everything that's happening to your body is to bring your beautiful or handsome child, my godchild into the world. For as long as I've known you you've wanted a child and you are about to give birth to one it's a beautiful thing.'

She was sniffling and she said ,'You're right and I look amazing.'

I nodded and said, 'Damn right you look amazing and you're going to be a kick ass mother.'

She smiled and said, 'What would I do without you?'

We side hugged and I said, 'You'd be lost without me.'

We giggled and Michaela walked in and said, 'Miss Kiara, there is a Mr King here for you.'

I nodded after letting out a breathe and said, 'I'll be right down.'

She got up from the bed, with her fries and said, 'Okay I'm coming with you.'

We started walking down the stairs and she said, 'Okay come back with results at least your first kiss.'

I made a face and she held me and said, 'Oh my, you guys have already kissed haven't you?'

My face morphed even more and she said, 'And you didn't tell me?'

I squeezed my face and she said ,'You've made out more than once haven't you?'

I held Hannah's hand and said, 'We can really talk about this after the date. '

She shook her head and said, 'This isn't over. Oh my word I can't believe you. '

We continued down the stairs and Kieran was staring at me. I gave him a small smile and he said, 'Wow, you look incredible.'

I looked down and he said, 'Wow I just stuttered?'

I smiled and said ,'Thank you Kieran, you look alright too.'

Hannah widened her eyes and said, 'Wow guys at least wait till I'm gone to turn up the sexual tension here.'

Kieran looked at Hannah in shock and said, 'Hey Hannah, what are you uhm doing here?'

She smiled and said, 'Hello to you too Kieran, I'm here because I live here.'

Kieran looked very confused and said ,'You do not live here, this is Kiara's house.'

Hannah went on and said, 'Because your best friend is an asshole and that's the choice of colourful words comapred to the one's I want to use. Anyways have fun and make sure my best friend is safe.'

Kieran put his hands up and said, 'I am going to decide not to ask anything else because I want to have a date with your best friend. Do you want anything Han?'

She shook her head no and said, 'No I'm good but if there is something on the menu you think I might like you can bring it for me.'

She started walking up the stairs and shouted back at us, 'Have fun, you guys.'

As soon as she disappeared Kieran turned to me and said, 'So are you ready to go?'

I nodded and said, 'Uhm yeah I am.'

He led me out of the door and opened his car door for me and I stepped in. He got into the car and said, 'Okay this is happening.'

I looked at him and he looked very stressed, I had never seen him so unsettled. I put my hand on his arm and said, 'Hey Kieran, are you okay?'

He looked and me then nodded and said, 'Yes, yes I got this.'

I furrowed my eyebrows then said, 'Okay,' but I rubbed his arm first. He started the car and we were off and it was quiet in the car. I pulled my phone out of my bag and started texting Hannah.

Me:
It is so silent in this car, I might just throw myself out of the car

Hannah:
Okay relax it's your first date, you're probably both nervous

Me:
I wouldn't call it the first date. I mean I'm nervous but not to the point of silence. I really hope this doesn't mean we aren't going to work.

Hannah:
KIARAAAAAA

Me:
WHAT!!

Hannah:
You guys had your first date and you didn't say anything. You're doing it again it's just your second date stop overthinking.

Hannah was right I always overthink, there have been so many relationships I have ruined from overthinking. I took a deep breathe and replied Hannah.

Me:
You're right I'm going to chill.

My phone started ringing and it was Hannah. I answered it in a hurry because I was worried. She was breathing hard and I said, 'Hannah calm down, what is going on?'

She took a deep breathe and she said, 'Noah just flew onto your helipad, he wants to talk but I don't want to talk to him yet, I'm not ready Keeks. '

Kieran was looking at me worriedly and I calmly said, 'Kieran turn the car around.'

He swerved and we were speeding towards my house. I sighed and said, 'Okay Hannah, we are on our way back now for now let me call security and stop him from coming into the house.'

I ended the call and called Brian the Head of Security. Brian answered and said, 'Yes Miss Dempsey?'

I answered and said, 'Brian I'm aware of what is going on there please make sure he doesn't come into the house. '

He answered and said, 'Yes Miss Dempsey, your brother is on his way as well. I think Mrs Bridges might have called him.'

I hummed and said, 'Okay okay I'll be there in about two minutes.'

I sighed and Kieran said, 'It's Noah isn't it?'

I nodded and he said, 'I'm going to murder him and shoot that stupid helicopter down.'

We both laughed and I said, 'I'm sorry I'm just really scared for Hannah and the baby. Her mum had a difficult pregnancy and I don't want to take any chances she said she's not ready to talk to him yet and all he had to do was be patient and not to stress her out in any way at all.'

He nodded and took my hand in his and said, 'Princesa, calm down you can't calm Hannah down if you're not calm.'

I nodded and calmed myself down, I just wasn't going to risk anything happening to Hannah because I wouldn't be able to live without her.

We arrived and security opened the gate and Kieran drove up the driveway and parked the car. I jumped put of the car and Noah said my name and I stopped and started walking towards him which made him start walking backwards. I pointed at him and said, 'All you had to do was not stress her out. What the fuck is wrong with you? If anything happens to her, you best believe I'm going to beat your ass. You're on some bullshit for real.'

I rolled my eyes and ran towards the house I just wanted to check on Hannah right now. I put in my pin and rushed into the house and up the stairs. I got upstairs and she was sitting on her bed staring at the television blankly.

I sat on the bed next to her and I said, 'Hannah are you okay? '

She nodded slowly and said, 'Yeah I am.'

Her eyes were red and she was sniffling in a very thick gown. I took her hand in mine and I said, 'Hannah you know I'm always on your side, I would never turn on you.'

She nodded and I continued and said, 'I believe Noah would never cheat on you, you're his world so I think you should talk to him. He isn't going to stop trying to get you to talk to him and I know you miss him.'

She sniffled and said, 'I'm scared Keeks.'

I squeezed her hands and said, 'If your suspicions are right I'm going to be here so will Marcello, Julienne, Carlos, John, Laura to name a few.'

She chuckled and said,'Yeah you're right I have good friends.'

She stood up and I said, 'I'll go get him, you stay here.'

I ran down the stairs and told Brian go call Noah because I didn't want to talk to him. He came in and I didn't say a word but I motioned for him to follow me.

We went up the stairs and we reached the door and I said, 'I cannot stress this enough Noah, I hope you didn't fuck up and I hope you don't fuck up in there now because if you do well you know.'

He nodded and walked in and I walked back down the stairs and saw Carlos's car pulling into my drive way. I walked to Kieran and said, 'Uhm they are talking now. I'm really sorry that our date is ruined.'

He smiled and said, 'I was half way there ruining it myself, I'm happy now I have an excuse for us to have a redo. '

I couldn't help the grin and I heard Carlos shouting, 'Why the fuck is the pregnant lady calling me hyperventilating?'

I sighed and said, 'Hannah has been staying with me because Noah was acting suspicious and his assistant said he had cheated on Hannah with her.'

Carlos stared at me in shock because of what I just said he seemed to recover and now he was seething and said, 'Well Noah might be my friend but Hannah is family. I'm going to kill his bitch ass, how can he cheat on Hannah and she's carrying his baby.'

I shook my head and said ,'Carlos you might want to calm down, I'm sure he didn't cheat.'

Carlos sighed and said ,'I hope so but I want to hit him anyway just for making her stress.'

I shrugged and he shook his head disappointed. Carlos chuckled and I suddenly remembered that Kieran didn't know about my family. My eyes widened and Carlos furrowed his brows and then I saw panic rise in him as well but he hid it, I could only tell because I knew him that well.

I turned around to Kieran to try gage the situation and used the training I had to go through because of my family's situation. I faced Kieran and said, 'You can uhm go home, I'm really sorry about our date being ruined by the way.'

I started scanning Kieran's face and it was blank. Carlos walked away to talk to the security and I still could not gage anything from Kieran's face. He sort of stepped back and folded his arms and he just stared at me. We stared at each other and I know he was trying to make me uncomfortable but not only was I trained I was better than the guys too.

I raised my eyebrows, waved my hands in his and said, 'Uhm hello did you hear me?'

He narrowed his eyes and said, 'Kiara.'

I folded my arms as well and said, 'Kieran.'

He stepped closer and said, 'Princesa.'

I stepped closer and now we were really close and I was looking up at him because of how tall he is. He unfolded his arms and came closer and undid my folded arms and now the space was inexistent. His volume went lower and he said, 'Is there something you want to tell me?'

I shook my head and said, 'No, is there something you know that you think I should tell you?'

He stared harder at me and I stared right back showing absolutely nothing. He huffed and said, 'Well this is going nowhere since you aren't going to budge at all.'

I stayed emotionless and he said ,'I know about the Italian Mob.'

I looked at him and said, 'What are you talking about?'

He gave me a look and said, 'I know your mum is the little sister of the Italian mob boss. I know Carlos is taking over, Julienne will be the right hand man and Marcello will not be in the mob. I know everything and I know you know.'

My heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach but my face stayed neutral. He sighed and continued, 'I found out by mistake when I was looking for your number. I finally uhm found your number after that one time and the person who I had do the investigating for me this time is a proper professional and a very close friend of mine and he told me about who you were. '

I shook my head and said, 'That doesn't make sense because we are highly highly private, people haven't even seen my uncle, haven't seen my brothers and then to link it to me, impossible.'

He ran his hand through his hair and said , 'He is going to kill me for saying anything but he has actually worked with your family before.'

I felt relieved but didn't express any relief at all, I needed to think and research to find out if he is messing with me. I moved back and said, 'Uh huh. Anyways you should leave and I'm sorry for your night going to waste. '

I didn't give him a chance to reply and went Carlos and said, 'Hey, I need to talk to you.'

I heard Kieran's car start and drive away and I didn't even look at it. Carlos moved away from the security team and narrowed his eyes at me and said, 'What happened with your man over there?'

I rolled my eyes and said ,'He knows everything. He knows who you are, about Julienne about mum and uncle, about Marcello. '

Carlos was now serious and said, 'How does he have that information?'

I folded my arms and said, 'He got a guy to look for my number.'

He cut in and said, 'Private investigators don't know who we are, there are people in the mob with no idea who we are.'

I gave him a look and said, 'Carlos, I know that it wasn't a private investigator it's some guy who is apparently like really good at what he does and he has worked for you guys before and he said he was only told because they are really close friends. '

Carlos nodded and said, 'Find out the guys name, but what are you going to do?'

I narrowed my eyes and said, 'What do you mean?'

He sighed and said, 'Gosh, I hate talking about boys.'

I furrowed my brows and said, 'So don't.'

His eyes softened and he said, 'Kiara I can tell you really really like him.'

I shook my head and and said, 'He might be a security risk to my family it's over Carlos.'

Carlos's voice got softer and said, 'He might not be a risk maybe he can be trusted like Noah and Hannah.'

I folded my arms again and said, 'And he might not be trustworthy.'

Carlos folded his arms and said ,'Kiara stop okay. We researched this guy and he is more secure than we are literally. We couldn't access anything about him all we found was awards for business. '

I sighed and said, 'Well maybe that's a reason to be worried, why is he so secure? I don't want to talk about it anymore I'm going to check on Hannah then go to bed. That shit is over with. Thanks for coming big brother. '

I walked away into the house and locked the door. I know I was avoiding talking to Carlos but it was because he was making staying away from Kieran harder than it already was. I'm trying to get myself ready because when I'm hopeful it just hurts way more and I'm not ready. I'm a bit more attached to Kieran than I realised and this what had just happened sucked.

I walked up the stairs and knocked on Hannah's door. She shouted come in and I walked in. She smiled and said, 'Hey, where is Kieran?'

I schooled my expression and said, 'He's gone home.'

They both seemed to read my aura and Hannah said, 'I'm sorry Kiara, for ruining your date.'

I shook my head and said, 'Don't apologise, he's gone home because he knows about my family. '

Hannah looked shocked but Noah had a look of understanding. I folded my arms and said, 'Noah, why does he know?'

Noah put his hands up and said, 'He did the research for me that time when I found out but he didn't know about you.'

I took a deep breathe and said, 'Please find out from him who he got the information from, I need a name. Thank you and good night guys.'

My uncle might just murder me, not actually but he won't be happy if I caused lots of people to know. Three people is fine but it seems like there is a string of people who know and that's putting all of us in danger because they know our real identities. I am going to handle this myself and find out what exactly is going on then report back.

I walked into my room and decided I should call my uncle using the phone he gave me to contact him. My uncle has some special technology where by we can call my uncle and aunt and it's as if the call doesn't exist.

He answered and said, 'Should I be worried that my niece is calling?'

I sighed and said, 'Hi uncle.'

He was quiet and said, 'Oh no, what's up bunny?'

I took a deep breathe and said, 'My boyfriend well kind of boyfriend found out about everything in our family and I'm not sure where the string ends.'

He answered but seemed calm and said, 'Bunny you were always hard on yourself. I know you have a plan so handle it and tell me what happens okay?'

I sighed and said, 'Yes uncle, thank you.'

I heard a smile in his voice and he said, 'How is the big promotion?'

I smiled and said, 'It's a big jump in the amount of work.'

He chuckled and said, 'Which is expected, when are you guys coming to visit?'

I thought about it and said, 'I'm sure that it's very soon.'

He hummed and said, 'Okay your aunt says hello and I'm going to go. Don't stress bunny, I know you know what you're doing and you really need to stop being hard on yourself. There are things that you can't control but you can control how you react.'

I chuckled and said, 'Okay uncle, good night and I love you.'

He hummed and said, 'We love you too.'

I ended the call and there was some relief in my body. Looks like I'm going to need to handle this.

There was a knock on my door and I sighed and said, 'Come in.'

Hannah pitter pattered into my room and said, 'Hey, is everything okay?'

I nodded and said, 'And if it isn't I'll handle it. '

She nodded and said, 'You should know that Kieran was trained like a spy, he is that trained.'

I nodded and said, 'Thanks Han, but don't worry, I'll handle it.'

She nodded and said, 'We're sorry.'

I shook my head and said, 'Did you guys clear the air?'

She nodded and said ,'You were right. I overreacted like I always do.'

I laughed and said, 'Are you leaving today or?'

She shook her head and said, 'We are leaving tomorrow, but nice try trying to get rid of me.'

I shrugged and she smiled then walked out of the room. I was pissed the reason why I was pissed I don't know. I wasn't sure if I was pissed at Kieran for not telling me he knew earlier. If I'm honest I knew I wasn't upset Kieran he wasn't in the wrong at all, I was so angry at myself for getting so attached, being distracted and just not being careful about this. I was going to handle it and sort it out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 7.5K 29
Amelia Wilson She is smart, cute, a little bit clumsy and is completely oblivious to her surrounding. She lost her parents when she was just 5 years...
2.8M 90.1K 37
Kiara Sage, a simple girl. She owns a small bakery, lives with her dad and little sister. Living a very content life, Kiara knew nothing about love u...
25M 716K 48
Jenna Howard is not your regular 19 year old. She's been by herself since she was just 5 years old. After being dropped off at an orphanage when she...
964 326 38
Kiara a graphic designer who is Ceo of a company name Graphic Owl. Ridan a famous Business tycoon. Like others Kiyara is also a big fan of Ridan and...