Internet Sensation {| Vigilan...

By imeengoldberg

"Even if I don't have a quirk, can I bee a hero?" Silence... "Without a quirk?" "If you want to help others... More

Valor Fandom Preview
1 || Rooftop Dreams
2 || Quirk This, Quirk That
3 || The Vigilante
4 || Cost Sensitive
5 || Train Yourself If Others Won't
6 || The Duo
7 || Months Fly
8 || First Day Jitters
9 || Rumors Go Around
10 || Tenya Iida Of The Iida Family
11 | Ideas
12 || Sarcasm
14 || The Letter
15 || Endeavor Or Flaming Garbage?
16 || Intermission
17 || First Day Jitters The Sequel
18 || Brainwash And Weld
Internet Intermission
19 || Lunchbox Friends
20 || Stalker Material
21 || Speak Of The Devil
22 || That's Suspicious. That's Weird.
23 || It's Not Stalking It's Being Curious
24 || Surprise!
25 || No Pressure
26 || Might Go To Juvy Squad
Internet Intermission
27 || Profiling
28 || Momo's Question
29 || Great.
30 || Security Breach
31 || Eavesdropping
32 || Fuckin' Tuesday
33 || Dome of Discourse

13 || Is Viral The Right Word

8.3K 438 1K
By imeengoldberg

     Midoriya woke up in a good mood. He'd had fun making the video with Mei, and being more outspoken as Valor seemed to have a massive positive impact on his confidence as Izuku Midoriya- although he was scared of becoming cocky, like Bakugou.

     He shoved his feet in his ruby red shoes™, he skipped out of the door. He walked into the living room to tell his mom that he was meeting up with Mei, when something caught his attention.

     Inko Midoriya seemed rather interested in the news, which wasn't necessarily common. She'd often make off-hand comments about the news being negative, and usually only opening it to know what was going on.

     "The video was uploaded only last night, but the video, filled with combat and commentary from somebody rather new to the vigilante scene, has already gained a fair amount of attention."

     The voice was coming from the T.V., and Midoriya saw a screenshot of his video in the left-hand corner of the news report.

     Oh shoot. Oh no. This is not poggers.

     "At the end of the video is a short clip between this self-dubbed 'Valor' and a mysterious person, who has not been given a name. Currently, in the comment section of the video, they are being referred to as 'Mystery'."

     Not pog in the slightest.

     "The clip seems to be a normal conversation between the two, trying to figure out what they'd say in the voice-over. It seems people find this funny and 'relatable', but was it meant to sound that way, to gain public favor?"

     Yes, yes it was Craig, but you sound really old right now.

     "We'll cover this with pro hero Death Arms at nine. But until then, watch out for this- potentially dangerous- new vigilante."

     You're scare tactics won't work on me Craig, for I cannot stay away from myself.

     Midoriya, despite his sarcastic thoughts, was still a bit worried. If it had only been one night and he was already on the news, how long until everyone was looking for him? How long until the entirety of Japan was against him?

     He'd have to check the comments with Mei. Apparently, they'd already dubbed Mei 'Mystery'.

     "Er- Mom, I'm going to meet up with Mei!" He called, trying to see her sooner to talk about this with her.

     "Hm? Alright, 'Zuku! Be home in time for dinner and make sure to eat lunch! Tell her moms I said hi!"

     He called out a 'yes ma'am' and dashed out the door, texting Mei he was on his way.

     Midoriya burst into the shed, "Oh my hero- Mei!"

     "That's what I said!" 

     The difference in tone was noticeable. Izuku was full of panic, but Mei couldn't have seemed more excited.

     "I was barely able to stop myself from checking the video before you got here- but I did! I heard the news- fuck Craig-"

    "Language."

    "-But I'm so excited!" Hatsume jumped up in her chair, making it squeak. Midoriya felt a nervous smile come across his lips. Darn Mei and her contagious effortless positivity.

     Izuku made his way to the other chair and sighed, "I didn't actually think it'd blow up." 

     "I wish it blew up, it'd have made more noise." Mei joked. It was subtle, but the intent to calm Midoriya down was there. He smiled and laughed, "Alright, let's check it." He gave in and rolled the chair closer to the computer screen.

     Mei waited for the page to load before pausing the video (they'd made the video and watched it before, they didn't need to watch it again) and scrolled down to the comment section.

     "Oh- geez! That's over a million views!" Midoriya's voice was squeaky and nervous. Mei let out a whistle, "Whoa..." She said, amazed.

     To be exact, it said 1.1 Million, which is far more than Izuku could have ever imagined. Mei chuckled, "Time to see what people have to say."

     Midoriya must've been sweating bullets, now.

     "Is this what viral is? Is viral the right word for this?" He never took his eyes off of the views. Jeez, there were a lot.

     "Absolutely!" Mei shouted. Finally, they moved down to the comments.

Im Too Gay To Think Str8  |  14 ʜᴏᴜʀꜱ ᴀɢᴏ

I didnt expect to open my youtube recommended and see a random vigilante be a sassy king but I am not opposed to it.

👍28.3K     👎      ʀᴇᴘʟʏ
🔽 View 19 Replies

     Mei was the one to pin that comment, but Midoriya definitely didn't argue against it.

     Anyways.

GizzieEssie | 12 ʜᴏᴜʀꜱ ᴀɢᴏ

so apparently im not supposed to like vigilantes but uh this guy has more personality in 15 minutes than half of the heroes in japan lmfao

👍19K       👎       ʀᴇᴘʟʏ
🔽 View 11 Replies

Brie-E Lazz-E | 13 ʜᴏᴜʀꜱ ᴀɢᴏ

everyone in the comments: wow valor is kinda lowkey aight hes pretty funny.
me: mystery can we be best friends i need your energy in my life-

👍21.1K       👎      ʀᴇᴘʟʏ
🔽 View 8 Replies

     Mei giggled at being mentioned, hearting the comment, "Most of these seem positive- I'm sure there are a few negatives further down. Some people are set in their beliefs." She said, quietly for it being Mei, and moved to reply to the one asking to be friends.

🔼 Hide 8 Replies

     Valor | 1 ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴀɢᴏ  ⁽ᵉᵈⁱᵗᵉᵈ⁾

     yes plz its lonely with only valor hes so mean TwT
     -mYsTErY (i like this name thank you all for giving me such an edgy name)

     [edit: i'm not mean mystery's just being dramatic]

     👍              👎        ʀᴇᴘʟʏ

     They had a few laughs and responded to a few comments ranging from asking to being friends to complimenting Valor's 'drip', before seeing a negative one from an official account.

Endeavor✅ | 11 ʜᴏᴜʀꜱ ᴀɢᴏ

The amount of support for this criminal gives me a rightful worry for the new generation. This Valor is violating the law and this Mystery is probably either also a criminal or an accomplice. Support for them is no better than support for any other criminal.

👍3.1K        👎        ʀᴇᴘʟʏ
🔽 View 78 Replies

     Midoriya groaned, "Ugh! Endeavor, really? My day is ruined and my crops are dying." He ran his hands over his face and tilted the chair backwards.

     "What a fucking-"

     "Language."

     "-Killjoy." Mei ended bluntly.

     "Do we respond?" Izuku asked, scooting the chair closer after putting it's front back onto the ground. Mei nodded excitedly, moving aside to let Midoriya do the typing.

     She bounced a bit, "Nothing too extravagant, just somethin' short and sweet and to-the-point." She advised, watching him hover above the keyboard intently.

🔼 Hide 78 Replies

     Valor | 1 ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴀɢᴏ

     you are a flaming pile of garbage ❤️

     -Valor

     👍               👎         ʀᴇᴘʟʏ

     They spent the next half an hour or so scrolling through comments, although they'd stopped replying a bit after Endeavor's comment. They laughed a bit, but eventually they decided to go back to work and training. 

     Later, they agreed to make another highlight reel composed over the next few days. They'd have to gain even more public favor over a bit more time in order to make a statement. Also, Midoriya would be lying if he said he didn't like the support he got for what he was doing.

{1190 Words}

A/N || So I'm trying to format the social media things similar to how they're actually formatted fr and its so much harder than youd think lmao, but i think i maybe got it kinda anyways

ship suggestions are welcome if you have them (I won't do anything illegal or TogaDeku [I couldn't write that if i tried] obviously)
some ive considered are:

-BakuDeku-
-TodoDeku (don't worry i have a meet plan for them either way)-
-IzuMei-
-IiDeku-
-and ShinDeku (also ofc have a meet plan for them)-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 426 9
Izuku Midoriya. Quirkless. Has been his entire life. Always will be. And yet, that's not all. He's bullied. Despite the impressively shitty hand lif...
257K 8K 53
After being told that he couldn't be a hero by everyone and then finally his idol, Izuku walked away in a daze, ending up at the scene of a rampaging...
90.7K 2.9K 21
{DISCONTINUED} I apologize but the passion to write and my attachment to the material are no longer there anymore A hero with a quirk is the normal e...
589K 20.5K 55
Izuku Midoriya had everything a 4-year-old child could wish for. He had a family, a home and a quirk that was like no other. Thanks to a tragic and v...