To Learn to Let Go | ✔

By JessMarie1017

Grayson Daniels is trying to cope with the trauma he suffered as a child when Trent, the beautiful local bad... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 27

3.5K 107 37
By JessMarie1017

"Good morning!" I said cheerily as I walked into the kitchen the next morning.

"Someone's in a good mood," Dad said as he sipped his coffee. Mom glared at him, "not that it's a bad thing, bud. We're glad to see you happy!" He quickly added. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"So kiddo," Mom started, "We're going away on our rescheduled anniversary trip next week, you remember right?"

"Yes Mom, and I told you guys I would be fine."

"I'm sorry, I know we keep asking. We'll have cell service the whole time we paid for an international plan, so if you need us you can just ca-"

"Mom! It's okay, I'll be fine. I can take care of myself. Unless you guys have other pedophile friends you want to invite over," I shot before I could stop myself. Mom dropped the coffee mug she had been holding as her jaw dropped, Dad just stared at me, eyes wide. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean,"

"Just go to school Grayson," Mom said sternly.

"But,"

"Just go." She pointed to the door and I reluctantly walked toward it. I grabbed my backpack and took one last look into the kitchen before I left. I gave my parents a weak smile which only my father returned. Luckily Trent was already outside, waiting for me in his truck. He made his way to the passenger side, cigarette in hand, and opened the door for me as always.

"Thanks," I mumbled as I got in the truck.

"What's wrong?" Trent asked as he settled back into the driver's seat.

"I said something really shitty to my parents."

"What'd you say?"

"They were talking about how they're going away next week, and they were freaking out over if I'd be okay. Finally, I just said I can take care of myself unless they had other pedophile friends they wanted to invite over."

"Gray," Trent sighed.

"I know... Mom dropped her coffee mug. Dad was speechless, I've never seen my father speechless."

"Shit, babe."

"I know, she wouldn't even let me apologize, she just told me to go to school."

"I'm sure she just needs time to calm down, give her some space. Talk to her tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" I asked.

"You're staying at my place tonight. Dad's working overnight."

"Oh, o-okay," my cheeks flushed as I took deep breaths. Now, I'm not going to lie, I was going to invite Trent to stay at my place while my parents were away. I may or may not have been planning some intimate things for then. But not tonight, I was not prepared for tonight.

"Don't worry Gray, we won't do anything you're not okay with, or ready for. I just want to spend some time with you."

"I trust you, you know that right?"

"I know, where is this coming from?"

"I just wanted to make sure you knew. And that you knew that just because I may be nervous it doesn't mean I don't trust you."

"I know, please try not to worry too much. I promise you we can move at your pace, you make all the rules tonight babe," he smiled and my heart instantly melted. I trusted him; I knew I could trust him.

"Good morning Grayson, you're looking awfully cheerful this morning," Ms. Reynolds said as I walked into class after kissing Trent goodbye. I was feeling a lot better about this morning. I knew my mom would forgive me eventually, I just had to apologize and maybe cook them dinner and all would be forgiven. After Trent's proposal for tonight, I couldn't help but be all smiles as I walked into first period. "It's a nice change," Ms. Reynold's remarked as I walked past her.

"Thank you, ma'am." I took my seat quietly and took out my notebook, taking down the notes on the board.

"So," a female voice said from in front of me, causing me to look up.

"S-so?" I responded.

"You and Trent Rodriguez..." The girl, who I now knew was Vivian Chen, said. She was a cheerleader and famously one of the Trent's flings. Her eyes bore holes into my sole as she played with her jet-black curls. Her flawless winged liner looked like it could stab me, and her nails were perfectly manicured, painted a bright shade of red that matched her lipstick.

"I-Isn't your seat on the o-other side of the room?" I asked, desperate to get her away from me.

"It is, but John agreed to switch seats with me," she waved at the boy across the room where she usually sits. I rolled my eyes.

"Now, it doesn't take my A in AP stats to know that the odds of Trent Rodriguez falling for you are slim to none."

"Wh-Why's that?" I asked.

"Because he had the best thing to ever happen to him, me." She shot. I scoffed.

"Maybe Trent wanted someone with substance," I shrugged, causing Vivian's jaw to drop. She glared at me as she turned in her chair to face the front of the room. I was used to this by now, each day a former fling of Trent's would come up to me and try to figure out how I turned him gay, or how much I was paying him, or how good I was in bed. Apparently, no one could believe that Trent was really queer. I didn't let it bother me though, they just couldn't understand, and they didn't have to.

"Hey handsome," Trent said and kissed me as I left my last class of the day. A chorus of sighs erupted from behind me.

"Hi," I blushed. You'd think I'd be used to this by now, huh? But I don't think I'd ever be used to being called handsome and kissed lovingly by my boyfriend.

"What did you want to do tonight?" He asked, holding my hand as we walked to his truck.

"Well, first we have to stop at my place so I can get some clothes. I also have to make sure my parents aren't so mad at me they won't let me stay over."

"Do you think they would even allow it if they weren't?"

"I... you may have a point," I sighed. "If I said your dad was home, they might let me... we'll try that" We drove to my house, Trent smoking a cigarette as he drove. I sang along with the radio as we drove, Monsters by All Time Low was playing, one of my favorite songs at the moment. Trent smiled as I sang. Mom and Dad were home when we got there, they had both taken half days at work so they could pack for their trip. "Hello!" I shouted as Trent and I walked in.

"We're in the living room bud," Dad hollered back.

"Hey guys," I mumble as I walk into the living room.

"Hi honey," Mom smiles. I breathe a sigh of relief; she doesn't seem too mad.

"I just wanted to say I'm really sorry about this morning. It was out of line, and I shouldn't have said it."

"It's okay, Grayson. I thought about it a lot today, and you had a point. I just worry, and I guess I feel like you're fragile right now."

"I am, but I am doing better though, you really don't have to worry." I reassured. We hugged in a Hallmark Channel moment and then I dropped the ball on them. "Is it okay if I stay at Trent's tonight?" It was Dad's turn for the extreme reaction.

"Absolutely not! Do you think we're about to just let you go have sleepovers with your boyfriend? Just because you can't get anyone pregnant does not mean we're okay with that!"

"But Dad-" I start, getting defensive, but I'm interrupted by Trent.

"Mr. Daniels, it's not like that at all. My dad will be home and my best friend Brayden will be there and so will Nat, we'll all be in my basement watching movies and playing video games. I promise there are no ulterior motives here," he smiled and my dad's anger softened. Bless him for being so charming.

"Oh..." Dad cleared his throat, a blush spread over his cheeks. "Well, if that's the case then I suppose that would be alright, have fun!"

"Thanks Dad!" I ran up the stairs before the conversation could get any worse and quickly packed up some pajamas, toiletries, and change of clothes in a small duffel bag.

"Well, that was close!" Trent laughed as I zipped the bag.

"Yeah, thank God you're super charming and my dad is super gullible," I threw the duffel over my shoulder and lead the way out of my room. I quickly hugged and kissed my parents goodbye and then Trent and I were off.

"So, what's first?"

"First, we get Chipotle, I'm starving!"

"Anything for you, love."

A/N: Here's a quick update! Work has been crazy and I haven't the time/inspiration to write. Hopefully with the Thanksgiving break I can get some writing done and update a little more consistently. Thanks so much for reading! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148 3 16
(WARNING I DIDN'T CAPITALIZE THIS STORY, AND THIS IS MY FIRST MENTAL HEALTH STORY SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME AND I DO WANT TO HEAR OPINIONS ON HOW I CAN...
12.8K 153 34
Matthew is a bisexual and everyone knew. He has a rough life that he has to deal with and this dude named Shawn isn't helping any better. But will th...
12.7K 250 72
[COMPLETE!] *AN: I wanna say the start of this books if cringe and slow, but i've been working on this book for like 5 years of my life. so if you ca...
481 21 20
About two boys who are the total opposites. One boy (Grayson 18 years old) is the president of the robotic's club. The other (Morgan 17 years old) is...